Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ooh gently caress this looks really cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pigbuster posted:

The boss designs are so drat sick, wowee that Lich.

The boss designs are what has me the most hyped.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mysticblade posted:

Do we have details on the PC release of this game? I'm guessing it's getting a PC release (probably on Epic) on launch?

Yeah disappointingly it's exclusive to Epic.

jokes posted:

SE is probably a bit confused why everyone was so hype about sad robots in Nier, and now they’re hype af about angry men who love limp bizkit and hate chaos, yet nobody gave a gently caress about Lightning’s hot friends and weird son.

I don't expect they will ever understand this, but the characters just need to be well written. Final Fantasy XIII had terrible characters, the whole cast was extremely bad and some of the worst writing Square has ever done.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I thought FFVI Remaster comes out tomorrow?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zil posted:

Steam store page just says "on February 2022" with no specific date yet.

Wishful thinking then. I am excited for its release.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Vermain posted:

Might just be nostalgia talking, but I'd honestly love an RPG with this kind of 3D pixel art format.

Octopath Traveler? Also Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

Octopath Traveler has been out for awhile.There are several other games in development with similar (or identical) styles, including the Dragon Quest 3 HD-2D remake:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmfiqydPjVk

When is this coming out? That trailer was from back in May last year, i'm surprised there has been nothing new.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's Stranger of Paradise release month!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Super No Vacancy posted:

are we getting ff16 crumbs tomorrow

I am betting we dont but that would be really nice if we did.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mordiceius posted:

I wish there was a PC demo for SoP. I want to see how it runs on my PC before buying it.

For what it's worth, Team Ninja ports have been pretty solid. Not sure how refunds work on Epic Game Store though. Epic is a pretty greedy company, but does anyone have experience with their policy on this?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol Stranger of Paradise has such a goofy storyline. For the PC version, I want someone to add in a laugh track because it feels like it needs it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

God drat, this game is so loving good. It has completely surpassed my expectations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Heath posted:

I ended up refunding the PC version since it's basically unplayable on my machine for whatever reason. And then Epic doesn't refund cash apparently so that's some money wasted I guess

That sucks that the game doesn't work on your PC. I blame it being on Epic Game Store to be honest. That said, I bought the game on EGS, and am having zero issues. It plays perfectly at 120fps. Apparently for Nvidia cards though, the game isn't playable on the 10-series. I have a RTX 2070 myself.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finished Stranger of Paradise just now. Coming here to say that you should under no circumstances pass on this game. If you have not bought it yet, then you absolutely need to buy it. This should be at the top of your list of games this year to get through.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Even with all of the optimization issues, I was able to play through the entire game just fine. Yeah the frame rate really sucks at points, but it didn't ruin my enjoyment of the game. Your mileage will vary though, it's different for everyone. Elden Ring is the same way with being very poorly optimized and everyone gave that a free pass. Doesn't change the fact that both games are two of the best titles released so far this year.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I decided the best way to play Final Fantasy V for the first time was with four job fiesta! :v: I got Knight, Red Mage, Beastmaster, and Dragoon for my picks. I am playing the pixel re-master version.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Schwartzcough posted:

It's true that XII did not benefit from having its first many hours all in the desert environment. It has lots of interesting environments, but you have to wait a while before you see any of them.

All of the cities you visit and explore are my favorite part of the FFXII environments.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Glad I didnt buy FF7R on EGS. Will get it tomorrow on Steam.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The problem with FF13 isn't that it's an on rails experience, it's that the world is empty and has no personality. There's no towns really, no NPCs, no shops, nothing about the world looks or feels lived in. It has no background or history visually. It's the most boring Final Fantasy. FF15 had the opposite problem, huge open world, but it was empty and the towns didn't feel realistic, and nothing fit or made sense thematically.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Asterite34 posted:

10 and 13 are both linear, but in 10 you have a mission you're on, a narrative you're following, everyone understands their goals and you don't mind going in a straight line because it's just the shortest distance to your ultimate destination. In 13 nobody knows what the gently caress they're supposed to be doing or what their mission is, and they're just going down the hallway because it's the only way the game lets them go and what else are you gonna do, play something else?

FF10 was perfect, while it's a very linear game, the world feels completely believable. it's fleshed out, visually consistent, and feels alive. There is tons of lore and history presented to the player through NPCs talking to you, cutscenes, and visually as you explore. All of the characters develop and grow as well, even the villians, and some side NPCs grow alongside you. It's such a beautiful gameworld.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Agents are GO! posted:

This is a really good summary of FFXs strengths compared to XIIIs.

Thank you! I love Final Fantasy X a lot. It was my first PlayStation 2 game, and it's my favorite Final Fantasy. Tidus is my son too, and I don't ignore him.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I dunno about FF16 just yet, a lot of the game doesn't look that.... dog party member??? June, 2023 is so far away, this is the best game ever, I have zero concerns. :3:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

Bring back Ivalice, make the next Cid a bangaa or moogle or something

Final Fantasy XII already has a Cid though, and he was equally as horny. I want a fat dad Cid, like Thor in God of War Ragnarok.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

I think the only bad way to play FF6 is the disasterpiss that is the PS1 port

Ooh yeah this port is unplayable.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Been playing Crisis Core Reunion all day and I am so happy it fixes pretty much every single issue I had with the PSP version. About the only complaint I have is that the dialog was taken straight from the PSP version and then given voice acting, and the voice actors are 1.) not good, and 2.) the dialog was never good and it has aged terribly in 2022. This is really the only downside to the game in my opinion, in what is otherwise become one of the best modern Final Fantasy titles. Where the PSP version was a deeply flawed game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

NikkolasKing posted:

Is it really the translator's fault? I always think back to how Alexander O. Smith (of FFX and FFXII fame) worked on Star Ocean 3. A translator can only do so much, just like an actor can only work with what they're given. If you hand a great actor a lovely script, you can't blame them for what comes out of it. And if you hand a localizer a badly written video game, what can they do.

Right, that all makes sense. I wasn't trying to place blame on anyone specifically, but just want to mention that it's still not that good. Regardless it's pretty much the only "issue", and that is highly subjective. The game otherwise is perfect.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finished the storyline for Crisis Core Reunion, but I still want to get through the 59% I have left of the side missions.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

In Crisis Core I love how much of a god drat troll Yuffie is in this game lmao

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If nothing else, this helps us understand why FF7 Remake needed to be done the way that it was.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Arist posted:

I will never listen to clips of that FFVII fandub voluntarily because of the secondhand embarrassment, but let it be known that if Cait Sith doesn't have a Scottish accent they're all cowards

It doesn't give him a scottish accent. The main problem with this dub is that the audio quality is really bad, but doesn't line up well either with the rest of the audio. The fans who contributed to this project too have clearly never done any voice acting classes of any kind and they don't know what they are doing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Final Fantasy music game is really good and addictive. Played through all of the songs on the demo, and can't wait for the full version. The full game should tie me over until Final Fantasy XVI.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm enjoying Final Bar Line, but felt that Square-Enix could have done more with the presentation. It's a cute looking game! But I would have liked to have seen more of it celebrating the history of Final Fantasy and its music. It would have been cool if for each Final Fantasy game, it used the overworld map for that game, when selecting the songs, and character graphics were in the style of that FF title. That probably would have been very ambitious though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Final Bar Line does not have vocal versions of some of its songs in FFX-2, bumping what is otherwise a 10/10 game down to 1/10. :colbert:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jesus, I just realized the quest mode does not contain all of the Final Fantasy songs (minus DLC obviously) you can play. There is so much content here, and tons of challenges to take on. 20 hours in and I have all of the quest mode songs cleared up through Final Fantasy XIII series.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Arist posted:

oh my god the Gold Saucer chart is so fast

There are a few songs that I will save as a surprise for you, but they are even faster! Gold Saucer is slow in comparison. xD

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How come some songs done in Series Quests, do not show your records for that song in Music Stages? is this a bug?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Man, I am really unsure about Final Fantasy 16 and that is a lovely feeling. This is Final Fantasy, we are suppose to be extremely hyped. The character who provides all of the constant chatter, I wish they were voiced by Karl Urban's character from the Boys.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

At least this game is stupid levels of beautiful looking. Jesus, Square went all out on the graphics engine.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Harlock posted:

Whatever the gameplay / systems, main line Final Fantasy will always be extremely pretty.

It looks like it's basically adopting the gameplay from Forspoken, which doesn't surprise me. I was expecting all of the accessibility and combat systems from that game to make it over but improved upon. Especially since the combat director from Devil May Cry 5 is working on this title.

Vitamean posted:

the normal boss fights look really cool and the eikon fight looks like it'll suck on replay. kinda whatever on qtes but they seem to mark phase transitions which is fine.

do think it's really funny how for both the boss fights they show they just find convenient ways to remove your party members

If it's like Forspoken, then you'll at least get an option where you can just have the QTE's be instantly done for you or very simplified. I hate QTE stuff, they add nothing to gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

fridge corn posted:

Ff16 looks like it will own. When can I play this demo???

Right? I hope this means we are getting a demo very soon because historically that happens. Also, the god drat wolf that chomps into the bosses neck and does a spin around her head, holy hit that was badass.

Mean Baby posted:

The game looks nothing like Forspoken or FFXV.

I mean, thank god it looks nothing like FFXV cause that would set off all sorts of red flags and siren alarms. But many of the combat systems and gameplay design from Forspoken are clearly coming over.