Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
This thread just keeps delivering (bricks)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Aside from the absence of contractors, I feel like the backdoor story is just a miniature version of the whole thread.

Edit: Also, I hope you never change your avatar. All of this is so much more hilarious when I imagine a furious baby writing it.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
This is art, holy poo poo

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

NotJustANumber99 posted:

In the meantime I've largely been having a bad ankle and lying in bed like a gouty old monarch, but occasionally I've been to site to try and keep up the pretence of progress.

I downloaded this batch of photos a while ago intending to make a post but I'm now struggling to understand the narrative I was attempting to construct.

You're obviously showing us your royal throne.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

PurpleXVI posted:

"House brain"? Is this gonna be some sort of IoT-connected "smart" house?

The house is fully controlled via the Tesla and vice-versa

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Failed Imagineer posted:

It speaks to the quality of this thread that I read

And have no idea whether you're taking the piss

I see what you did there

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Sarah Bellum posted:

The best SA home build threads are always either Groverhausque or apocalyptically overengineered.

This one is the best of both worlds.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
I'm very disturbed by what the baby in your avatar turned into.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
I love this thread

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Coupled with the inability to actually source a store tank since the one i wanted went out of business. I had a glimmer of hope on ebay, finding a much bigger and higher spec carbon fibre pressure vessel than I actually needed. It wasnt intended for this use and would have required some modification but the seller has gone weirdly silent in the last 36 hours or so?

:boom:

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Well, I can't. Our clawfoot tub is a little over knee height and flares outward, and to get out of it without the grab bar, I'd have to bend way over, grab the rolled edge, straddle it, then swing the other foot over and stand up. Built-in tubs aren't usually that tall.

Sounds like a good way to stay limber.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Hobbies, Crafts, & Houses > Towards an L shape architecture: still a wank situation

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Docjowles posted:

I have questions about the file named "dig kill shed"

"He understood it all. Not why, but it." is one of the most wonderful phrases I've ever read :bravo: I am going to repurpose this for poo poo I come across in IT/software where I understand on a literal level what was done but cannot begin to comprehend why it was done.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Hobbies, Crafts, & Houses > Towards L shape architecture: He understood it all. Not why, but it.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

NotJustANumber99 posted:

so i can turn it on remotely, perfect any temperature you want shower from anywhere in the world! I feel like I've explained this multiple times.

So what part of the system let's you take advantage of having turned on a shower on the other side of the house? Is there some sort of complicated series of tubes that lets you dump water on your guests yourself anywhere in the house? Does it double as a fire suppression system?

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Wifi Toilet posted:

I think it's a fancy toilet that uses science or something to exit out the back instead of the bottom.

Hmm, for some reason I trust you on this.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Jaded Burnout posted:

That said, one of the big selling points from the head architect is that these are all single-occupancy, but do the USAers here know that double occupancy dorm rooms is one of those things we pretty much only see in american media, like football jocks and fraternities? I assume it's why you use the term "roommate" in later life while we say "flatmate" or "housemate" or whatever. Like some dorms have twin rooms but it's an exception not the norm, and you choose to take them.

Or is it not actually as universal in the US as it appears to be from the outside?

It's very common, but like everything in the US there are plenty of exceptions. I went to (and now work at a different) small liberal arts college and at both the majority of rooms are singles.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Gort posted:

Do not post the poo poo

At least spoiler it to protect us sensitive souls.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

vanity slug posted:

can't find a pic now but there's a bunch of places over here where it looks like they just had some spare rooftop tiles and decided to use them as cladding instead

njan this is NOT a suggestion

I'm suggesting it.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

vanity slug posted:

That’s his house

:boom:

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Hobbies, Crafts, & Houses > Towards L shape architecture: I'm going to high pressure shove a smurf up my poo pipes.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

vanity slug posted:

Just run a diesel generator in the airtight house, what could go wrong?

A very long extension cord from the pub

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Cat Hatter posted:

How's Brexit going?

Really took an L on that, didn't they?

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Failed Imagineer posted:

Nice to see that your particular madness is genetic.

This thread makes so much more sense now.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Yeah. I think you're right. But I'll just spend a few more days in denial before changing it.

Have you ever made a post without a title worthy phrase?

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

peanut posted:

Lolling at the effort to results ratio here

Dozens of people in shortsleaves sweating as they reroute power on a massive switchboard. Minutes pass and tension rises. Suddenly a wave of relief as power thrums through the building.

Finally, NJAN can remotely unlock his front door.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Jaded Burnout posted:

Turns out it's possible to have a 10 minute video that's all filler and a one hour video that's all killer, and vice versa.

Things can sometimes be good and sometimes be bad???

That goes against everything the internet has taught me.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

NotJustANumber99 posted:

All night all i could think of was me and the house entwined together unfinished in my bed, our insides twisted about and unterminated. But worse untested. my breaths, bloods, waters and poos all running together poisoning me from within. I honestly didnt think I'd make it and worried that anyone would bother finishing the thread.

Got to decide which poster to put in your will to inherit the thread.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Leperflesh posted:

so is the mixer valve not doing anything but it should be? Or is it not doing anything, as expected

Could easily be both in this thread

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Dead Goon posted:

I wish I had a room solely dedicated to my pants.

No no, pant room. It's where you recover from exercise.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Gasmask posted:

drat this guy isn’t afraid to offend!! Watch yourself around this tough customer!!

Hey, I'm building here!

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Given the rest of the house, I assume these are the circuit breakers you're using

Pile Of Garbage posted:

Apologies if this was already posted here but I feel it's very relevant: a WiFi-enabled circuit breaker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd16_Y9xfpw

Its remotely controllable via an app which lets you do plenty of dangerous poo poo like remotely cycling the breaker or disabling ground fault and overload protection (Bonus: there's no way to tell if protection is disabled by looking at the breaker)!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Cat Hatter posted:

Still L shaped, but lowercase.

blasphemy