Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

GonSmithe posted:

Probably the last One Piece thread? Let's go.

What's the count up to now anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Waffleman_ posted:

Need this crossover.

Saeko needs to do more comedic beatings to the rest of the group in the next game if she's the Nami analog. :colbert:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
If Yakuza can work as a turn-based RPG, so can One Piece.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Can't wait for next episode to be two-thirds slideshow in order to not blow the budget. :v:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

The big question about Foxy's powers is are you able to use your own Devil Fruit Powers/Haki while you're frozen in time.

I thought Foxy's power was only slowed time, and only the victim's body was slowed, not their mind.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
What? Mankey D. Luffy is evolving!

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

The World Inferno posted:

Posted this fan artist before, but loving their recent series. Predictions on the 'endings' for each Straw Hat.

Looks like Yamato had a session with Ivankov in that second video.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Star Platinum posted:

Stop, Vegapunk! Don't create the Internet!! :ohdear:

Can you imagine how hosed the World Government would be if the internet existed in that universe? No wonder they want Vegapunk dead. :v:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

By the way, when was the last time we actually saw Smoker, anyway?

Wasn't it during the Dressrosa arc where Fujitora is listening to Smoker rant about Alabasta being "saved" by the Navy and not having the rank at the time to tell what actually happened?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Lpzie posted:

Do we agree that Enel was just making those numbers up for the attacks, right?

Is there a reason to think they were made up? If I saw somebody no-sell 100 million volts to the face i'd react the same way Enel did.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

LanceKing2200 posted:

I mean, if nothing else Enel has no frame of reference for what a "volt" is. Unless someone on Skypiea developed a voltmeter that could both withstand his power and also uses the same measure of a volt we do in reality.

Yeah but that falls into the same category as some of Luffy's attacks. How does he know what a UFO is? Is Norse mythology canon to One Piece and that's how he knows Thor?

Edit: \/\/\/ - Adding on to that, when has Luffy ever seen a jet?

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Nov 28, 2022

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

MorningMoon posted:

God, Katakuri is so loving cool. The fight owns and his moveset is like Luffy + Bayonetta 2. Great arc.

Don't forget his badass fight theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHk1W2vg95g

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Wellwinds posted:

I could see it along the lines of crocodile, he's not going to become friends but it could be possible for him to wind up an ally of convenience in the final stretch if the right pieces fall into place

That was a scenario where Luffy's back was against the wall, and he also had Ivankov there to keep Crocodile in check with threat of revealing Croc's big secret.

I don't see what scenario Luffy could be put in now where he'd have no choice to accept Lucci as an ally, especially since I doubt Lucci has given up his mission to kill Robin if he's here to kill Vegapunk, someone who also "knows too much".

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

This would be awesome.

Would also like to see Franky KO Lucci.

Speaking of, there's no way he and/or the Franky General/Sunny doesn't get an upgrade this arc, right?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Meme Emulator posted:

I never delved too deep into this game, does that suggest that there are cards that will only work if specific characters are in play? Is this an LCG or a traditional CCG?

If it's anything like Yu-Gi-Oh, then it's a way to have more "Kozuki Oden" cards in your deck for more consistent support use or without running into a duplicate clause that I assume this game has.

It's like how there's a dozen differently named Harpie monsters but they're all treated as "Harpie Lady" so there's consistent synergy with support cards.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

hatty posted:

guess Luffy can just go Gear 5 whenever, wouldn’t make sense for the freedom based form to have too many restrictions

It does make sense, although if he's already mastered the transformation then that does seem to be the end of the usefulness of the prior Gears. Looking like Gear 5 is gonna be the new default form.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Last Celebration posted:

to be fair, when Luffy first activated G5 he came out of it prematurely and had to remind himself of the people he needed to be clutch for, so it’s not like we absolutely know for sure that Luffy can maintain G5 for extended periods of time unless there’s some real poo poo on the line. Since, you know, Oda loves him that forced narrative tension limit breaks/kaiokens force.

I mean when that happened Luffy was also almost dead and at complete exhaustion. There's no concrete proof yet sure but there's also no reason to believe that Gear 5 is causing Luffy anywhere near the same level of strain his prior Gears did, considering those were Luffy brute-forcing his body to gain strength and speed versus Gear 5 which by all accounts should be completely fine since it's just his "natural" devil fruit ability.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Luffy again reverted to an "old man" after using Gear 5, despite still being in great condition and Lucci basically being demoted to a jobber against him. I wonder if that is gonna be a legit downside to the form or if it's only happening cause Luffy thinks it's funny, much like chibi-luffy after his pre-time skip Gear 3 uses.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

JuniperCake posted:

Yeah that ship sailed so to speak when Luffy recruited an archaeologist. Which makes sense for the setting but is hardly a traditional role for a pirate ship.

Luffy didn't even "recruit" Robin - she just invited herself, bribed Nami with money and put antlers on Luffy's head so he could impersonate Chopper and be a doofus.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Pureauthor posted:

Garp got a beard now, huh.

...he's always had one though?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

MorningMoon posted:

I was thinking about this during the OP movies. Dude does not get a smidge of a W at any point since he got the job. Not even in Stampede! Everyone with a name gets a little W in that movie one way or the other!! Akainu's life really sucks and he's gonna let it all out on someone for sure.

Given the guy's "absolute justice" mantra and his willingness to murder Coby during the Marineford war, not to mention him getting pissed at Fujitora for admitting fault during Dressrosa instead of stealing credit for Doflamingo's defeat, he's absolutely gonna end up snapping eventually. I won't be shocked if he's in Impel Down by the end of the series.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Not even 2 minutes. :v:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Flair posted:

Stussy has an interesting ability. Is she a vampire/bat zoan fruit ability or is it something else?

I feel vampire bat is the safe bet but it wouldn't surprise me if it's a mythological succubus Zoan fruit.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

SyntheticPolygon posted:

This is the biggest issue with Wano tbh.

More than the lack of a Brook/Apoo fight?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Waffleman_ posted:

Don't worry, they'll cancel it two weeks after the first season comes out.

They'll cancel it once they see how much they would have to spend on Devil Fruit CGI on the Grand Line.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I fail to see a scenario would Luffy would even humor the idea of being allies with Lucci, especially given Lucci's vow to chase Robin to the ends of the Earth so he can kill her. That's the kind of poo poo that Luffy never forgets. I'm not even sure who would/could convince him it'd be a necessary move to make, a la Ivankov with Crocodile back in Impel Down.

I'm not against the idea (mainly cause Lucci would be given the front row seat to Strawhat Hijinx and that's always hilarious), but i'm gonna need Oda to write a REALLY good reason to justify it.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

White Light posted:

Give me the Birka special

Didn't even call the place "Cravemeat". loving shameful.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Electric Phantasm posted:

I feel like Japanese has a bigger capacity for puns than English.

As a Yu-Gi-Oh fan this immediately made me think of Manjoume Sanda from GX and what a colossal translation headache of a pun his name and catch-phrase are.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Great art, but man those Twitter replies.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Jesus Christ, Kidd got loving curbstomped :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Len posted:

those people are obviously wrong because one piece is very good and honestly a chapter doesn't take that long to get though, but alas

Also the live action show is never going to run long enough to actually resemble a finished product, soooo...