Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Sub-Actuality)

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

hoping i can get back to 2022 numbers

trophy case:

Spoderman fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jan 22, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

: Defeat Balfrog

man i love this game.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

: Beat the game

: Beat the game on a Hell Run

well i did it. one of my favorite games. it gets better every time i play it. used the snake for the first time, it really makes the game pretty easy. easier than the spur and much easier than the machine gun. the machine gun is still probably my favorite way to play it when all is said and done though. great pick vadun.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

gtfo. this game rules

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

I think there's a netplay branch of duckstation.

yeah, that’s what i had in mind

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Sub-Actuality posted:

the manual explains this all very clearly.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

welcome posted:

I'm stuck on the title screen.

press O instead of X to confirm

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

: Beat the Fast Food stage (Stage 2)

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

herculon posted:

You can also cook multiples of the same item at the same time. You have to prep each item individually, but can throw them all in the same pot/pan at the same time.

essential tech :hai:

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

: Beat the game on Easy or Normal

fun game. sometimes i’d lose in the 1v1 because i’d get a bad beat but when i win it’s usually because i crush it. great pick.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

if you screw up a green order you can lose huge meter. and sometimes your opponent will chain together several perfect orders at once and shoot themselves into victory. the vs parts of stages are pretty aggressive and you can need to move quickly to win. and sometimes your opponent will self-own and then you win when you’re behind. i don’t know any japanese but i managed to beat it by persevering.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

whoever suggested densha de go had a great idea… and wow there’s an english translation for densha de go 2…

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

: Beat the game on Gourmet (PLATINUM)

once you get your execution down, gourmet mode is actually a lot of fun. it’s way faster than normal mode. if you can chain together four or more perfect orders at once in the beginning, that’s it, the round is over and you immediately win since all the customers are critics. that’s the only real change, it’s not harder per se. but it means that you have to move incredibly fast, because your opponent can do the same thing. it becomes a blitz cooking match, and by the last levels you’re praying for a slate of quick to prepare meals.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Dieting Hippo posted:

first unclaimable trophy unless you know another imp in punching distance lmao

whoops. hopefully this year’s ImpCon takes place during Impmas

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Namtab posted:

i think that the theoretical perfect score is 2700 or 2800 because of how timings work in this game.

Dieting Hippo posted:

that 2700 is right there

edit: 2714, i think i'm done with balloon game now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi7Ox68FwE8

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

i’m really looking forward to ff legend. i was just thinking about playing it for the first time recently. it’s always seemed cool as hell

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

welcome posted:

Love the tooltips in the remake. Yeah you will.

welcome to the john

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Sub-Actuality posted:

TIME OVER for Roguelike Hell Month, and the clock starts now for Ultima VII: The Black Gate. Good luck imps!

lol