Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

there wolf posted:

But is Ramirez doing that with intent, or is it just a byproduct of his ineptness? Are we seeing faces in a fake plastic puke prop, or a puddle of actual vomit?

Either way, we should stop gawking at it and clean it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

I just realised that his Copbama has a sticky dart gun instead of an actual gun. Remember? Barack "Drones" Obama? The guy from the country with actual right-now today nukes?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Deep Hurting posted:

However, that "he drew first" cartoon made in response to the CH attacks was genuinely fantastic.

was it this one?

Pope did four cartoons about this. The rest:

and the one I like the most:

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Zetsubou-san posted:

was it this one?

That's the one.

How can we be certain any of these people are truly fools, without being able to see where their pants are, in relation to the ground? :colbert:

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Mister Beeg posted:

The cartoonist is Charles Brooks, who died in 2011 at the age of 90. He edited those "Best Editorial Cartoons of the Year" books until his death.

Note that the newspaper is Birmingham News. That should tell you all you need to know.

I thought it was a parody from this week but no. :(

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Rincewinds posted:

I thought it was a parody from this week but no. :(
Cartoons about the Civil Rights era of the 50s and 60s tend to be hard to find. I know Xylo has tried before, and his conclusion was that the estate of these cartoonists usually didn't archive any of those cartoons since they obviously weren't too proud of a bunch of cartoons mocking King and others.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Rorus Raz posted:

Cartoons about the Civil Rights era of the 50s and 60s tend to be hard to find. I know Xylo has tried before, and his conclusion was that the estate of these cartoonists usually didn't archive any of those cartoons since they obviously weren't too proud of a bunch of cartoons mocking King and others.
I know I ain't the first to say it, but I am glad that the internet exists and all the hateful poo poo we are seeing now-a-days is pretty much locked into existence at this point. No more will cartoonists in twenty or so years get to ignore/forget the slop they are producing now.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

World Famous Whore posted:

I know I ain't the first to say it, but I am glad that the internet exists and all the hateful poo poo we are seeing now-a-days is pretty much locked into existence at this point. No more will cartoonists in twenty or so years get to ignore/forget the slop they are producing now.

That gets said a lot, but it's tenuous. Cloud storage and general hoarding can account for some stuff, but deliberate archiving for longevity doesn't get nearly the respect or funding it deserves. All this predominantly digital crap might be even more volatile in 50 years than printed papers.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Nanomashoes posted:

Did the Marmaduke guy draw this?

Marmaduke was originally going to be the exact same cartoon it is except the dog replaced with MLK jr. Somewhere along the lines the guy decided to use a dog instead, but he used a similar name.

Marma Duke

Martin King

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

pkfan2004 posted:

TOLY NO! Insult not the Zedlord! You will never be allowed into the paradise of the FuckBarn, where many asses can be plowed without fear of getting someone pregnant with a little terrible cultural stereotype!

I will say a prayer for Anatoly this night to deliver him from the NoPenis of the Obummer and bring him to the heaven he deserves, where there are bountiful asses as far as the eye can see, and he can drink the ethanol in his heli's engine fluid without having to treat it.

No, it's ok. You're allowed to pull one over on the woman, so long as it doesn't contradict anything Zed has formed an opinion on.
Teasing the gullibility of the wife is fair game.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Plague of Hats posted:

That gets said a lot, but it's tenuous. Cloud storage and general hoarding can account for some stuff, but deliberate archiving for longevity doesn't get nearly the respect or funding it deserves. All this predominantly digital crap might be even more volatile in 50 years than printed papers.
We're already having trouble finding poo poo from the early years of this thread, and this thread is less than a decade old.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Foreign Minister Julie Bishop also presented Pope's "He drew first" cartoon as a gift to Charlie Hebdo when she was in France. Here's the cartoon Pope drew about that:

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Yea, I really don't know that much about digital preservation. All of the old waffleimages are gone for the most part.

Just wishful thinking on my part I guess, ignore me.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

If it makes you feel better, Pants Donkey will be Luckovich's most enduring work.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Zetsubou-san posted:

Government in talk with the Australian Public Service about wages and stuff, also buys more joint strike fighters.

Goddamn. Change a couple of faces and labels and this is Canadian.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

World Famous Whore posted:

Yea, I really don't know that much about digital preservation. All of the old waffleimages are gone for the most part.

Just wishful thinking on my part I guess, ignore me.

If something is heinous enough I'm sure someone will hang onto it. But it'll take a trained historian to recognize the real gems amidst the lovely edits.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Rorus Raz posted:

If it makes you feel better, Pants Donkey will be Luckovich's most enduring work.

Now you have to make an Ozymandias king of kings poem about it and IMGUR

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on David Cameron's 'career-defining' election slip - The Conservative leader’s slip of the tongue appeared to reveal a preoccupation with his career, rather than the country"

Telegraph:

Watch: Ed Miliband trips off the stage following Question Time leaders special

Independent:

Election 2015: Don't gamble on the SNP, Ed Miliband says After JB Anderson.

Times:

Far from the Madding Crowd (2015) - IMDb

Stephen Collins:

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Sam and Zed travel 40 miles to Antoli and Naomi's house.
The purpose of this is to get Antoli and Naomi to move closer to the Fuckbarn.
Close enough that Antoli can commute by helicopter in only a half hour.

How fast is Antoli's helicopter?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The dog is actually bleeding purple right now, from its forehead :stare:

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Rorus Raz posted:

:unsmith:

For here anyway.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

That dog asking for handouts is pretty smug. Good to see money go to the great cause of (insert reason here).

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
Pants Donkey will always endure in our hearts

You know, seeing people's perspectives on this mom really does tell us a lot about those people. Not anything we didn't already know about Lester, in this case but still.

That girl is so unenthusiastic about this. "Oh hey, another example of police brutality occurring before my eyes, I guess I'll record it."

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Every time I see a caricature of Nicola Sturgeon it takes me a moment to realise that it's not supposed to be Angela Merkel. I blame Ramirez for destroying my ability to recognise faces.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Samuel Clemens posted:

Every time I see a caricature of Nicola Sturgeon it takes me a moment to realise that it's not supposed to be Angela Merkel. I blame Ramirez for destroying my ability to recognise faces.

Nicola Sturgeon is more likely to be portrayed as a dwarf than Angela Merkel, though she's only 2 cm shorter.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ralepozozaxe posted:

That dog asking for handouts is pretty smug. Good to see money go to the great cause of (insert reason here).
Football, right?

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

So good.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Football, right?

Yeah, but what for football? Is it for a stadium, equipment, or to remove that space octopus from the bulldogs head?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Why yes, I do want to form anarcho-syndicalist communes and get high as gently caress.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Excellent. Found one that I hadn't seen before:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Abyssal Squid posted:

Excellent. Found one that I hadn't seen before:

That kid will save India and maybe the world.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
These comics just bring a big dumb grin to my face

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

I don't know what the hell he's even trying to say here, but it just dawned on me that absent black fathers is a huge unspoken part of the white embrace of Supermom. It's weird that they haven't been mentioned at all in this; usually cartoonists love to pick on (imprisoned) black dads and they normally give no end of poo poo to single black moms. I want to see some old cartoons by these guys that take that tack and throw them in their faces.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

AGC

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Saint Sputnik posted:

I don't know what the hell he's even trying to say here

"HAW HAW LOOK AT THAT GHETTO TRASH THINKING THEY MATTER"

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
How can you gently caress up even this Branco.

You make a Bond reference, the easiest reference in the world and you make the loving reference wrong.

"The name's Obama. Barack Obama." Is how you loving do it right jesus christ.

James Bond doesn't say "The name's James. James Bond."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

beepsandboops posted:

I love the conservative trope of "alternative energy = bird genocide" so so so much

EDIT: The bald eagle!!! :vince:

Its the best of concern trolling.

"But what about the biiiiiiiirds??? :qq: *dumps chemicals into river.*"

• Locked thread