Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Ravane posted:

Buy a google cardboard for :5bux:

Download KinoVR on your phone and computer.

Play a game and start KinoVR on your computer, which streams your screen onto your phone with head tracking.

Makeshift Oculus Rift for 5 dollars. :3:

Does this also work with the gear vr?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Remember last summer when Star Marine was right around the corner, yet CIG wouldn't show any gameplay footage? When Ben Lesnick, Game Developer, said that the timeline was "weeks, not months" yet in spite of that they wouldn't even show people shooting each other? Remember when Squadron 42 was supposed to come out during CitCon 2015, yet they wouldn't show anything because they didn't want to spoil the experience? In both cases CIG wouldn't show anything because they didn't have anything to show, and could only resort to a lovely walkthrough (that they STILL won't provide a high resolution version of) and PAAARP in speech form.

Yet this time things will be different?

These loving idiots deserve to be lied to.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

runsamok posted:

Squadron 42: a movie video game so immersive a single screenshot or gameplay clip would spoil the entire thing for all people everywhere immediately.

Yeah, that's totally the reason they've not shown anything beyond the Morrow Tour that they've never managed to un-jank enough to post a proper version. It couldn't be that they've got nothing to show, or that what they have to show is so terrible that it would ruin the narrative they've coaxed their faithful to proselytize with.

Nope. It's all about the superfantastic script from the braintrust behind Wing Commander: The Movie.

But that's not even the part that pisses me off.
It's the fact people keep saying THE GAME is broken.

To which spergwhales reply with "yes, but they have CONTENT they're keeping away from us".

Wake the gently caress up, it's not the content that's missing. It's the loving game.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

orcinus posted:

Wake the gently caress up, it's not the content that's missing. It's the loving game. And the money!

You forgot something. No need to thank me :).

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Tank Boy Ken posted:

You forgot something. No need to thank me :).

CIG isn't missing it, tho.
The backers are.

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

Well, though hampered by this microphone, I thought I'd give the Compy voice a shot because my one selling point is a voice that's so English it makes passport control a struggle not to just bark 'IMPERIALISM' when they ask why I'm visiting .

https://soundcloud.com/user-157864998/star-plebian-goon-compy/s-BatpM

Enjoy! Or, of course, provide hints. I like this sort of thing so even just messing around with that a few times was fun.

Edit: Improved version a couple of posts below.

TacticalNecromancy fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Mar 17, 2016

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

ideate posted:

I know someone had a fancy funding graph so we could tell, is it possible these are 'subscriber' payments or something

who am I kidding really

They're definitely not $5k purchases. I'd guess they were around $1k and $2.5k, and the rest is the normal background activity.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

grimcreaper posted:

Does this also work with the gear vr?

It should, but I should warn you that the stream sometimes stutters. So don't just buy the gear VR because you want to do this. It still needs some work.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

boviscopophobic posted:

They're definitely not $5k purchases. I'd guess they were around $1k and $2.5k, and the rest is the normal background activity.

How do you know they're definitely not 5k purchases? Why are multiple 1 and 2.5k purchases within the same hour more believable?

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Ravane posted:

It should, but I should warn you that the stream sometimes stutters. So don't just buy the gear VR because you want to do this. It still needs some work.

It will never not need some work. The latency is just too huge for the application.
Plus, wifi isn't a synchronous transport, there's no guarantee the packet will reach your headset when you expect it to.

When VR headsets finally (and inevitably) go wireless they most certainly won't be using wifi (802.11whatev), but wireless HDMI/DP, WiGig or whatever video-dedicated wireless standard will be in vogue when that happens.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

How do you know they're definitely not 5k purchases? Why are multiple 1 and 2.5k purchases within the same hour more believable?

I have data at a finer time resolution than 1 hour.

That said, this latest spike does look a little strange. Did they get some publicity somewhere or have a sales event?

EDIT: Possibly related:

Starmap Posters on Sale - For Subs only

boviscopophobic fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Mar 16, 2016

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

orcinus posted:

It will never not need some work.

^ This also applies to Star Citizen.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
jeff goldblum could save me from this nightmare

TacticalNecromancy posted:

Well, though hampered by this microphone, I thought I'd give the Compy voice a shot because my one selling point is a voice that's so English it makes passport control a struggle not to just bark 'IMPERIALISM' when they ask why I'm visiting .

Enjoy! Or, of course, provide hints. I like this sort of thing so even just messing around with that a few times was fun.

haaaaaaaaaa you have the perfect english accent but need to work on enunciation and clarity in your speech for something like this.

it sounds dumb but... sit upright and speak like you're talking to someone at the other end of a room. you're not gonna raise your voice really, you're just trying to make yourself clear to them.

not that i'm a voice actor or anything but i spent my teens "acting" in dumb video skits with a friend making the most of my old vhs and dv cameras and then for the last 8 years thought doing youtube videos was a good whack so i picked up all this poo poo along the way.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Sundowner posted:

it sounds dumb but... sit upright and speak like you're talking to someone at the other end of a room. you're not gonna raise your voice really, you're just trying to make yourself clear to them.

Unless you're impersonating Croberts.
Then do the exact opposite.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Ravane posted:

Sounds awesome. My free gear vr should possibly be on the way from Samsung soon.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

grimcreaper posted:

Sounds awesome. My free gear vr should possibly be on the way from Samsung soon.

Oh sweet. If it's free, def do it.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Sundowner posted:

yea i've only just started learning to appreciate the size of stars. the game always drops you out at a safe distance

…for certain values of “always”. :D

It drops you at a distance from the main star, yes. Whether that's safe in relation to the other ones in the system may vary.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Sundowner posted:

first then we must established what "ya whoah did ehp did eh woh did" means in his native tongue.

but absolutely the alien language should be this.

The language is this. You guys already have it in the game stop being butthurt snowflakes GOD.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6467874/#Comment_6467874

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6468185/#Comment_6468185

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6468721/#Comment_6468721

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
jeff goldblum could save me from this nightmare

Toops posted:

The language is this. You guys already have it in the game stop being butthurt snowflakes GOD.

what if... what if we are the aliens

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Sundowner posted:

what if... what if we are the aliens

All the backers are german, the game features german humans and the aliens speak english. :tinfoil:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Ravane posted:

All the backers are german, the game features german humans and the aliens speak english. :tinfoil:

It worked for Rebel Galaxy :shrug:

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

Sundowner posted:

haaaaaaaaaa you have the perfect english accent but need to work on enunciation and clarity in your speech for something like this.

not that i'm a voice actor or anything but i spent my teens "acting" in dumb video skits with a friend making the most of my old vhs and dv cameras and then for the last 8 years thought doing youtube videos was a good whack so i picked up all this poo poo along the way.

That's some excellent advice there, thank you. I thought I'd give it another shot while considering it:

https://soundcloud.com/user-157864998/compy-v-2/s-W5VZW

If nothing else, it's definitely louder.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

oh they're subs all right

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

TacticalNecromancy posted:

:five:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

OhDearGodNo posted:

Late to the thread but I grabbed this yesterday:

Now to do two things:

Sell the Mustang III
Find a decent 4x12

A good buy, enjoy :)

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Tippis posted:

…for certain values of “always”. :D

It drops you at a distance from the main star, yes. Whether that's safe in relation to the other ones in the system may vary.

It sometimes drops you at an awkward distance for "odd" stars.
Really really hot dwarfs and some really big giants sorta "throw it off", at least they used to, back when i was playing.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

I have brain pain.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Guys, I just realized, crobblerts is literally the Hillary Clinton of game development.

Surrounded by yesmen/lawyers

Takes vast sums of money from lovely donors

Morphs into anything perceived to please the moneybags, often right before your eyes

Says anything to seem smarter, experienced, and trustworthy

Touts background of trainwrecks as bonafide qualifications

Contributions to society range from irrelevant to harmful

Strategic speaking engagements

Out of touch and insulated from reality

...I'm sure this list is much longer (feel free to add the missing parts), but you get the point:

Star Citizen - The Hillary Clinton of space sims

or

Star Citizen - The Hillary Clinton of video games

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Scruffpuff posted:

It's simply an issue of there being a one-way mirror in place during the event. We knew in advance what was happening because we could see your epic cavalry charge coming. By the time you burst through the glass claiming victory, we were already all laughing because we were watching the whole thing play out in real time. It's really nothing more than that. So from our perspective, you have to admit that's pretty loving funny.

We set a trap for Sandi and the brown sea, and nobody was expecting one of our own to take the bait, much less with the intensity and determination that you did. Coming here to show us how you outed a faker was loving awesome, especially since the post came right after pages and pages of us linking the twitter argument with quotes like "OMG Derek is coming after me". The twitter screenshot you linked was literally already linked just a few posts up the page. You were totally in the zone.

Ah yeah, it was hilarious. In truth, I only figured out last night, that's what had happened after I went back - and much to my chagrin - looked at Travane's poo poo-posting.

Of course once it dawned on me that I was like a geriatric Don Quixote heading off to battle a windmill some fuckers had already moved, it was even more hilarious. :)

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

D_Smart posted:

Ah yeah, it was hilarious. In truth, I only figured out last night, that's what had happened after I went back - and much to my chagrin - looked at Travane's poo poo-posting.

Of course once it dawned on me that I was like a geriatric Don Quixote heading off to battle a windmill some fuckers had already moved, it was even more hilarious. :)

Not gonna lie, that was pretty funny.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Well, isn't their stance that a significant portion of the game is out anyway?

Yes, but that's a different standard than, come May, saying that they have failed to deliver.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Risc1911 posted:

If you are listed as Producer it means one of two things.

1. You are responsible for the financials and management of a project. A purely administrative job. No creativity required.
2. You know someone that can make decisions on a project and he sells you the title "Producer" or "Associate Producer" for your contribution to the Project.

The job of a Producer has NOTHING to do with creativity or decisions on creative elements of a project. It's a pure financial and management position usually doing gently caress all or sometimes deciding how to spend the budget.

and I've always thought "Executive Producer" on a film or project just meant "someone who put money in to fund a project who gets a cut on returns"

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

orcinus posted:

Really really hot dwarfs

Go on...

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

starkebn posted:

and I've always thought "Executive Producer" on a film or project just meant "someone who put money in to fund a project who gets a cut on returns"

That's the Producing Executioner.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Thoatse posted:

Go on...

... and shapely midgets.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Wafflz posted:

Doing a full internet detective background check on someone cause they replied to a sandi tweet is not unbalanced at all :laffo:

You're an idiot if a) you think that's why I did it b) you didn't read the effort post in which I clearly (at least to those with half a brain) explained the reason that I did it

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

Tank Boy Ken posted:

I think it's weird (kinda going towards scammy) that the Completionist pack, is not a complete deal. This is irritating. At least that's how I see it.
And that's without looking at the price tag.

The most hilarious part is that it's not a complete package at all and you get the privilege to spend more on a Javelin that you "unlock" by buying this package:

quote:

Please note that this package does not include the Javelin Destroyer, however it unlocks the ability to purchase one through the store

You really need to let this sink in. You unlock the ability to spend more money... /smh

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

No but you don't understand.

He thought the guy might be lying. On the internet.

Nope. Not true at all. That's NOT why I did it. I decided to check because I didn't want to troll-Tweet something clearly aimed at queen bitch, with a bona fide vet in the mix. How the gently caress was I to know I'd strike Gold? Remember that, at the time, I was clearly clueless to the shenanigans you bastards were up to and which I wasn't aware of due to my blocking Ravane.

Geez, here we go. Again.

quote:

It wasn't a Stolen Valor issue. Also, little known fact: I have several family members and friends in the military, and other govt. agencies

Anyway...

Someone posted here a Tweet to Sandi, after one of her stupid-as-poo poo Tweets. A reply was from someone claiming to be a Vietnam vet, congratulating her.

Since it looked suspicious (he referred to Sandi as "young"; which set off all the alarm bells in my chest), I wanted to check to make sure he was in fact a vet *before* I responded to a Tweet he was part of.

Then I checked the Twitter profile and saw clues about "daughters" creating his Twitter account; he's learning etc. At this point, the alarm bells in my torso were already going off.

Next I checked his followers and those he followed

Then I checked his online exposure

At that point, the warning bells on the balls of my feet were already making my legs twitch.

Then I checked the only online dB I know which has these records. It was now behind a paywall. And as I had started to suspect it was a dummy account, I wanted to find out how far down the rabbit hole the conspiracy went. How remarkable would it have been if in fact a dummy account, with adulation (like so many in their feeds) was traced back to them? That's like a Platinum mine of hilarity that's worth at least 50 pages here.

Not wanting to waste money, seeing as I already came to the conclusion that it was a dummy (a troll account didn't occur to me at the time btw) account, I decided to call up someone who does this stuff for a living. Just to make sure.

The results? Confirmed kill.

Then I posted the Tweets here

Then someone made the connection with the Twitter account image by posting an article with that same person's picture on it. And that was additional proof that I was right; and that the account - and the claim of being a war vet - were bogus.

Then someone excerpted a reply showing that some annoying (I too have limits) poo poo, Ravane, who I had blocked (here on SA) weeks back, claimed he was behind the account.

Meanwhile, I was already having an exchange on Twitter with the twerp (that would be Ravane, who foolishly burned a well-seeded troll account) who had chosen - of his own volition - to burn his account by Tweeting nonsensical rubbish to me, which clearly show he was behind a troll account.

The account was now a confirmed troll. Essentially, burned.

During all this, the utterly clueless SpazSpergs camping out in /r/Derek Smart/ were having a field day with self-owning bullshit that you couldn't make up even if you were high, and jacking off on a train to the Sound Of Music audio track.

The End.

ps: Again, something related to Star Citizen, in this case Sandi being trolled, ends up being good for about 25+ pages of unbridled hilarity. BONUS: proving once again that the kind of saps over on /r/Derek Smart/ are the special kind that having been separated from their money, didn't have much to lose in the first place, seeing as they were already senseless morons ripe for the fleecing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Guys, I get the feeling I traveled back in time

• Locked thread