Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Daztek posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpalZlE4FC8

Look at the Uk office compared to the LA office

Its taken a while, but community management is finally doing some damage control. Having your community eat itself isn't a good look.

Although they've spent most of the time on something that is supposedly coming in the next patch, despite it being somewhere between 1st and 2nd pass. The Bengal and UI stuff doesn't look anywhere close to done. I feel like this style of ATV will get old in another 12 months when the citizens figure out that what is shown is either repeats of the upcoming patch, or stuff that is shown once and never shown again.

What's the over/under that the Bengal footage is part of the Gamescom sizzle reel. Slow panning shots of a hand animated ship docking and a fighter launch. How any of that poo poo is supposed to work seamlessly is anyone's guess. They certainly didn't show the docking procedure or the fighter being bussed to the launch runway. I'm predicting more immersion animations in our future. Not to mention that the carrier is devoid of people, that's got to be a killer problem to solve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Tokamak posted:

Someone spotted a whiteboard with ships on it:

Get your wallets ready!

Interesting list. So they are doing a 850 jump or something. Preying on wanna be whales for a small lux space cruiser.

Not sure what the superlative is for "blatant cash grab" but this shitheap is approaching new levels of complete sleaziness.

So many smoking guns creating so much haze it is hard to zero in on any of it anymore. loving incredible.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

:vince: Goddamn, exactly what I thought.

Remember when we thought this shitshow was going to be collapsing in 2018? I'll eat my own rear end if they survive next year.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

In this moment, citizens are euphoric.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Daztek posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpalZlE4FC8

Look at the Uk office compared to the LA office

:iiam: spotted at 05:30

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ManofManyAliases posted:

this post is incredibly boring.

I mean, you would know, being the king of boring.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Uh-oh. SA infiltrator and/or leaker revealed!

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
He is isnt just blinking, hes morsing guys!

Unfortunatly i cant read morse, so stay safe foundry ghost..

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Tippis posted:

Break out the torches, pitchforks and the paywall.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Colostomy Bag posted:

Interesting list. So they are doing a 850 jump or something. Preying on wanna be whales for a small lux space cruiser.

Not sure what the superlative is for "blatant cash grab" but this shitheap is approaching new levels of complete sleaziness.

So many smoking guns creating so much haze it is hard to zero in on any of it anymore. loving incredible.

No, the 85x is the small fighter/racer that comes with the 600 JUMP. Similar to the Merlin that comes with the Constellation.

It's already been sold, but I guess it will probably be sold again.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Tippis posted:

Time for OPERATION Platinum account required to view this message

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Lol, what other goonsign can be spotted by the eagle eyed?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Tokamak posted:

Its taken a while, but community management is finally doing some damage control. Having your community eat itself isn't a good look.

I agree.

Today's ATV was more substantive than the most-- one of their best. We saw much never before revealed and heard open discussions of some of the challenges still ahead. Like Austin and Germany, the Foundry offices were modestly appointed, as befits a company that treats their backers' capital as a gift not some divine right or inexhaustible resource. The tour offered the starkest possible contrast to the Space Door sporting Restoration Hardware wonderland that is CIG LA. (And :lol: at that jump cut to the break room coffee machine. It was the perfect punchline, "No, no unjustifiably expensive coffee machine here folks.")

Whatever minor faults the episode might have, it was a step in a better direction. It felt like it valued backers time and money far more than their usual fare. CIG would be wise to continue in this direction, letting each office offer a more substantive update once a month. It sounds like that's the plan. It could go a long way towards rebuilding some of the confidence they've lost and the good will they've eroded. They need both now more than ever and today's episode seemed like an acknowledgement of that. To the extent that suggests they actually can course-correct every once in awhile, it's a positive step for them.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
I am both proud and saddened that an international call will probably be placed once Sandi realizes :iiam: is firmly Something Awful content.

Some poor guy is gonna have his ghost picture tore down.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

radd posted:

No, the 85x is the small fighter/racer that comes with the 600 JUMP. Similar to the Merlin that comes with the Constellation.

It's already been sold, but I guess it will probably be sold again.

Thanks, I stand corrected.

So if sold before they can't do LTI on this snub ship. Probaby will do a 3-4 year insurance deal on this bastard.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Fat Shat Sings posted:

:eyepop:

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress
Was sold as part of the 600 JUMP.

They could do an LTI sale on just the snub fighter, it hasn't been sold on its own before.

I would expect more smaller LTI sales for a number of reasons:

Further kill off the grey market,
Low barrier to incentivise existing or new users to increase their pledges (it's only wafer thin),
Even encouraging ship churn via store credit forces agreement to the new ToS at checkout, so it's another way to get positive confirmation of acceptance of the new ToS for the existing userbase and reduces their legal and refund exposure.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

G0RF posted:

I agree.

Today's ATV was more substantive than the most-- one of their best. We saw much never before revealed and heard open discussions of some of the challenges still ahead. Like Austin and Germany, the Foundry offices were modestly appointed, as befits a company that treats their backers' capital as a gift not some divine right or inexhaustible resource. The tour offered the starkest possible contrast to the Space Door sporting Restoration Hardware wonderland that is CIG LA. (And :lol: at that jump cut to the break room coffee machine. It was the perfect punchline, "No, no unjustifiably expensive coffee machine here folks.")

Whatever minor faults the episode might have, it was a step in a better direction. It felt like it valued backers time and money far more than their usual fare. CIG would be wise to continue in this direction, letting each office offer a more substantive update once a month. It sounds like that's the plan. It could go a long way towards rebuilding some of the confidence they've lost and the good will they've eroded. They need both now more than ever and today's episode seemed like an acknowledgement of that. To the extent that suggests they actually can course-correct every once in awhile, it's a positive step for them.

I lol'ed when they spoke about the bengal, and that they had no idea how to put it into the game. I don't know of another game that crafts an entire ship (complete down to its toilets) as a playable space instead of boxing it into a moving level (which ironically it is) and without making every drat room available for exploration. Who want's to visit Sandi's wank pod?

Honesty is the best policy.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Well if you wanted video evidence that some CIG insiders read the thread and are trying to give us a shout out, there you go.

Make sure to download the video just in case someone decides to take it down or upload a version of the vid with that segment edited out.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Bengal is 3 months out. Just in time for CitizenCon Sale.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

radd posted:

They could do an LTI sale on just the snub fighter, it hasn't been sold on its own before.

Low barrier to incentivise existing or new users to increase their pledges (it's only wafer thin),
Even encouraging ship churn via store credit forces agreement to the new ToS at checkout, so it's another way to get positive confirmation of acceptance of the new ToS for the existing userbase and reduces their legal and refund exposure.

That dragonfly sale worked, relatively speaking. They have been having anemic sales since people realize they've been buying a never ending stream of concepts, but selling cheap LTI tokens for all the concepts everyone else has already bought generated a better than usual sale.

Question is if they had to transition to a gimmick LTI token sale to generate cash, how many times can they do that before those sales don't work anymore, and by extension how much money is out there for them to get if more and more people are getting disillusioned every day?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

radd posted:

Agreed. Hell, I'm impressed you were able to parse that poo poo off of some whiteboard. Usually they have pictures of poo.

I just feel grief that I felt I was somewhat up on their concept ship sales. Apparently I'm way behind. Another snub fighter which will be another LTI cash cow.

Comedy gold.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Fat Shat Sings posted:

That dragonfly sale worked, relatively speaking. They have been having anemic sales since people realize they've been buying a never ending stream of concepts, but selling cheap LTI tokens for all the concepts everyone else has already bought generated a better than usual sale.

Question is if they had to transition to a gimmick LTI token sale to generate cash, how many times can they do that before those sales don't work anymore, and by extension how much money is out there for them to get if more and more people are getting disillusioned every day?

Once people have several cheap LTI tokens, they can offer everything that has previously been sold again during a special sale (Citizencon, Crowdfunding anniversary, etc), and everyone can get the ship of their dreams with LTI by buying a cross chassis upgrade for their LTI token ship.

Those that may not be willing to buy a $300+ ship with 2/3/4 year insurance, may be willing to spend $270+ to upgrade a $30 LTI token to get the same ship with LTI.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Colostomy Bag posted:

Agreed. Hell, I'm impressed you were able to parse that poo poo off of some whiteboard. Usually they have pictures of poo.

I can't take any credit for the whiteboard info, I just happened to know what the 85x was.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Fat Shat Sings posted:

A rational question where most of us would say "none." But we are living in a vortex of complete stupidity that is void of reason. Christ, I call my wife and kids "commando" and utter "I feel grief" when I need to let my dogs out. Sometimes I walk out of my house with a baseball cap and nothing else on while I jet around the yard.

This fiasco has given me a new appreciation of cats, has broken my sarcasm meter and has elevated this poo poo heap of a forum into a positive light.

Roberts has done the impossible.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
If SC still has 100 ultra whales. They might be tempted to sell 100 Bagel Carrier for 10k each. Keep in mind: There is always more (stupidity) - and it's always worse. That's not P2W. No Sir, since it will never make it into the game.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Tank Boy Ken posted:

If SC still has 100 ultra whales. They might be tempted to sell 100 Bagel Carrier for 10k each. Keep in mind: There is always more (stupidity) - and it's always worse. That's not P2W. No Sir, since it will never make it into the game.

The challenge with that is it goes against established information (not that a change is out of the question), which is that a Destroyer (such as the Javelin which has been sold) is the largest ship that is not persistent (i.e. it disappears from the universe when the player is logged out).

Persistent ships are always in the universe, so if you don't have a guild with some members online 24/7 to defend it, then someone else can waltz in and steal it. They also cannot be insured at all.

No one is going to spend lots of money on a ship that they can lose so easily.

So, either the larger ships will not be sold, or the existing information will have to be revisited.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

RattiRatto posted:

It only works if you have the fidelity GRUBBY HANDS
btw what happen to them
Let me guess the got shitcanned like everything else because they were crashing the server

Don't think grabby hands ever got as far as a server. Imagine the difficulty of keeping every client informed when a commando puts his grabby hands on your butt never mind all the crazy physics mayhem when someone tries to grab a crate that has a commando hiding inside. It was just some dev loving around in an editor like all of the features they tease to fans then quietly forget about.

Sad day for shitizens hoping to molest their friends with grabby hands.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Over 1 million Citizens, less than 1 bug being reported per hour now. Game is great.

EXPECTED RESULT
Could un-focus from the control by backing away or using another control to un-focus.
I expected that the head do not follow the ship's mouvement.
When loadiung the Hangar character should just be standing without invisible weapon.
Hornet on pad, so I can enter it
After calling the ship The shields should be completely operative.
Third person either tracks character model or displays character model.
The freelancer should stay at ground level from beginning.
To be able to use the terminals to spawn a ship. Several others standing around so I am pretty sure this was happening to others as well
Be able to, within a reasonable amount of time, access my ship.
Screen does not shake.
EVA missions should be work without issues leaving the game should be possible with the reset keys
Calling Freelancer allow the hangar. Original state of the vessel can resist produced by pressing a button. Missing arms to appear again in the menu. Modification on Port Olisar should funtionieren.
When interacting with the Chat UI ship controls should be disconnected from the mouse etc. Weapons should not fire upon click when engaged with manipulation of the chat UI.
No gear cycling.
4 M6A laser cannons aim normally.
gun should've just shot straight , some recoil is to be expected but this was pushing my ship back in space and was unable to keep target in sights very erratic
put on flight suit
ship on deck
Every command MUST BE REGISTERED CORRECTLY and at their appropriate times.
No crimestat rank for killing pirates that show up as hostile, and no crimestat rank given in non-monitored space
to have the hornet to spawning and i could get in with out troble and not have to fly in to space to EVA in to the ship it gos back to normal and i get in. and it flys properly
Spawn ship on pad.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

radd posted:

The challenge with that is it goes against established information (not that a change is out of the question), which is that a Destroyer (such as the Javelin which has been sold) is the largest ship that is not persistent (i.e. it disappears from the universe when the player is logged out).
Persistent ships are always in the universe, so if you don't have a guild with some members online 24/7 to defend it, then someone else can waltz in and steal it. They also cannot be insured at all.
No one is going to spend lots of money on a ship that they can lose so easily.

So, either the larger ships will not be sold, or the existing information will have to be revisited.

Yeah. So if they sell it, it would naturally come with LTI. And be able to dock safely. I mean the other stuff is from before they actually worked on some mechanics. Considering the scope change, they had to refactor their insurance and persistence pipelines. The Bagel won't disappear when the player logs out, it just be in a quantum state (and thus unattackable), or some other bullshit.

"Just" selling a 100 Bagels will net them 1 million. It's just a question wether they have anyone left in their community with enough money (or the option to mortgage even more) to afford an "investment" of 10k $ into a single 3d model.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Yeah. So if they sell it, it would naturally come with LTI. And be able to dock safely. I mean the other stuff is from before they actually worked on some mechanics. Considering the scope change, they had to refactor their insurance and persistence pipelines. The Bagel won't disappear when the player logs out, it just be in a quantum state (and thus unattackable), or some other bullshit.

"Just" selling a 100 Bagels will net them 1 million. It's just a question wether they have anyone left in their community with enough money (or the option to mortgage even more) to afford an "investment" of 10k $ into a single 3d model.

Theres guys 30k in, do you think they cant shell out another 10 to show everyone else how superior they are?
I mean, if you studied hard, and got a job, and worked hard, you could easily do this too!
Its your own fault you fail so hard in life that you cant afford 10k dollar pixelships.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
We forget there's this baby.

Lets make a guess, $350?

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Or, they will sell them all to existing backers who convert their current pledges to store credit to buy, and they make nothing.

Their best chance to monetise new and existing backers is to keep the delta small, and to continue to convert x year insurance ships to LTI based on tokens and upgrades, along with the established price rises as time goes on.

So if a backer has a $200 ship that has 3 year insurance, and that ship goes on sale again for $240, along with or shortly after a $30 LTI token sale, then the original ship can be effectively converted to LTI for an additional $40. Squeezing out incremental upgrades like this won't net them a huge sale profit, but will continue the influx of cash to an extent.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Sandi, please implement "would you like to have fries with that?" mechanic into the cash shop.

I project it will increase revenue by a total 15%, if you run the numbers.

You're welcome. This is free marketing consultation you severely require.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Colostomy Bag posted:

A rational question where most of us would say "none." But we are living in a vortex of complete stupidity that is void of reason. Christ, I call my wife and kids "commando" and utter "I feel grief" when I need to let my dogs out. Sometimes I walk out of my house with a baseball cap and nothing else on while I jet around the yard.

Sometimes I say 'u OK commandos?' to my dogs when I come downstairs in the morning alright that's my SC story thanks.

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game

AP posted:

Over 1 million Citizens, less than 1 bug being reported per hour now. Game is great.

There are no more bugs. All intended features. In space physics behave differently, you can pass trough doors

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Don't forget that the top SC streamer is WTFosaurus, and he hovers right around 100 viewers.

One hundred people watching him run around that ghost-town PvP station, collecting the same four bottles of space booze that mean nothing because there is no economy, running through hallways and up and down stairs, eventually getting sniped by someone who spawned invisible and going through the multi-step process to wake up in the wank pod, gear up, summon a ship, and fly back there to do it all again.

Gonna get a little personal here:

My last customer-facing work experience was the "priority" tier of a CableCo/ISP/VOIP company. Whenever customers got pissed off enough to demand to speak to a supervisor, they could get me. I dealt with all kinds of poo poo:

- Install tech (subcontractor) missed three appointments
- Install tech (subcontractor) is six hours late and says he won't be in until tomorrow
- I am willing to pay for a new pole and line to my house in butt-gently caress nowhere, make it happen
- My entire new subdivision of housing has the wrong streets listed in your system so we can't get service, fix it now
- The big satellite dishes across the street are loving up the signal in my motor home park
- You hosed up my VOIP so my real estate business can't get phone calls anymore and now you're telling me the phone number I had for decades is gone

And so on.

It paid $15+/hr and benefits plus a free "everything" cable package including all the HBO, SHO, MAX, and absurd-speed internet for like $15/mo plus 60% off PPV stuff like the big Mayweather/Pacquiao fight.

I left before 90 days for another gig for less pay, most of the rest of my training class was fired at 90 days or left because they were going insane. I personally spent over 12 hours trying to call a bank to work out a solution because some woman claimed we double-charged her one month.

Bottom line:

That job arguing with pissed-off people who we hosed over one way or another would be preferable to whatever WTFosaurus is getting paid to pretend that SC is a playable game.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I know we joke a lot but this is pretty blatant. I'm not sure how any backers still see this as a "BACKERS VERSUS GOONS" ulterior motives contest where Derek Smart somehow tries to sabotage the blahblah and we are complicit.

Purely objectively, with no outlandish claims based on conjecture from this thread or anywhere else

- They shot at the worlds most expensive studio (Imaginarium) already once
- In response to the first Imaginarium experience they built four(!) of their own motion capture studios
- They are now confirmed to be back at the Imaginarium for a second shoot
- They are talking about multiple re-shoots of the motion capture footage, even before the second Imaginarium trip
- Squadron 42 is going to be their first released product
- They have received almost 60x their original Kickstarter budget, or 6x their "This is the amount we hope to have for a complete game" budget
- They are years behind their release date
- They are still doing basic, non gameplay elements of Squadron 42 as recently as Today

Now the conjecture from this thread

- Personally it seems Chris Roberts only ever speaks with confidence / energy about Squadron 42
- Personally I watch Chris Roberts stammer and confusedly try and answer questions about Star Citizen while getting irritated when asked about things like Star Marine
- Insiders reported months ago that motion capture was "twelve times over budget"
- Insiders reported that the footage was captured badly and would need to be re-shot due to rigging issues
- Rigging issues had delayed the footage by months due to multiple complete re-riggings
- People who knew people at the Imaginarium said it costs $20,000,000 to even get in the door (Which is now doubled? Or do they get a discount for coming back?)
- Insiders reported that the script+footage was so bad that nobody wanted to even make trailers out of it (no footage exists of the game they are prioritizing)

It's pretty obvious the guy with failed movie making aspirations is taking everyone for a ride, but they refuse to believe it.

I don't even see how it's even an argument at this point. Even if you ignore everything Atxsperg / Eightace / Derek have ever said, you still have everything CIG themselves have said.

When Roberts dropped that huge script on the stage and talked about all of the actors they were hiring people should have been "Wait, What?" and started asking questions. Much less after years of constant motion capture, much less after building four of their own studios, much less after re-shoots, much less after a second imaginarium trip.

And you know what I didn't even talk about? loving Star Citizen the game everyone paid for. How is it not obvious they are only working on the movie game because Chris Roberts wants to direct?

How obvious does this have to be? I mean seriously. All joking aside. How obvious does this have to be to people? Who looks at all of that and shovels $300-$50,000 down on more ships? Why do they have a single dollar coming in? Why is MoMA talking about buying yet another concept that wouldn't be in the game, if it ever existed, for years from today?

Even if you ignore everything in this post, how can you ignore that Squadron 42 was already promised to the majority of backers for free, so it's a huge money sink that does nothing but take development time away from the game you bought because most of it's target market already is entitled to it.

Informative summary, thanks!

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

boviscopophobic posted:

A comparison of coffee machines:

UK

LA

Remember when they had to have someone come train the staff in how to use that loving ridiculous espresso machine? Because it was intended to be used in a coffee shop by a proper barista, not by some fat bearded IT dudes who just want a caffeine hit to get them through another day of crunch. Given the turnover of staff I wonder if the coffee training is passed down from newbie to jaded veteran, or do they include it in orientation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

skaboomizzy posted:

Bottom line:

That job arguing with pissed-off people who we hosed over one way or another would be preferable to whatever WTFosaurus is getting paid to pretend that SC is a playable game.

Hey was once paid to fob off angry callers buddy. I lasted 3 months too!

• Locked thread