Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I've had my miner and all my crafters sitting at 60 for a while but I never really used them to make much money. I should try to earn some gil in Stormblood. I'm sitting at 7.5M right now and while it's not poor I could always use more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

A bit late but I want to be among the others to really recommend raid finder. For the past 2 weeks I tried to use party finder and got dumped on with lootmaster parties, people who didn't know susano mechanics work and dying to lakshmi constantly, even though they were advertised as "farm" or "clear" parties.

I got recommended raid finder from some FC buddies and decided to try it out and in the 15 susano runs and 8 lakshmi runs I did, only once did I have a party that didn't know mechanics too well and we cleared consistently on the first or second try. Probably never going to use party finder unless I definitely have to ever again.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm guessing its only good if you already have the clear though right? I just wanna find a Susano group that doesn't fall apart in the jump rope phase...

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Actually that reminds me, is there a good way to get red crafter scrip other than "look for whatever collectable's cheapest" (and if not, what are the cheapest ones)? I've already done my Zhloe's for the week, so that's out.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

homeless snail posted:

I'm guessing its only good if you already have the clear though right? I just wanna find a Susano group that doesn't fall apart in the jump rope phase...

I haven't had experience with going through practice, but my advice if you haven't cleared it yet is get fellow goons/FC members to help you out with it, then when you have cleared, use raid finder rather than terrible PF groups.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

SB final dungeons spoilers ahead

The fight with Zenos in Ala Mihgo was kind of a disappointment after all the build up through the story, but then Shinryu comes in and kinda knocks the poo poo out of you for getting complacent. It's me, i'm the pubbie that dies to the first tidal wave attack thinking i have to move AWAY from the deadly water summoned by the dragon :allears:

I'm glad i have help from my FC though, can't imagine doing that fight with pubbies at all.

Unrelated to Stormblood, the more i find out about 1.0 of this game the weirder it is. Like finding out that Bard limit breaks originally healed? :psyduck: The more i end up finding out about the original game the more it sounds like vanilla/early TBC WoW

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Samael posted:

I haven't had experience with going through practice, but my advice if you haven't cleared it yet is get fellow goons/FC members to help you out with it, then when you have cleared, use raid finder rather than terrible PF groups.
These were all FC groups :rip:

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Unrelated to Stormblood, the more i find out about 1.0 of this game the weirder it is. Like finding out that Bard limit breaks originally healed? :psyduck: The more i end up finding out about the original game the more it sounds like vanilla/early TBC WoW
That's not even a 1.0 thing, bard didn't get a DPS LB until like right before Heavensward iirc when they should have clearly known better

homeless snail fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Jul 8, 2017

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Can someone repost the macro for applying Dragon's Eye to the nearest party member?

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Samael posted:

A bit late but I want to be among the others to really recommend raid finder. For the past 2 weeks I tried to use party finder and got dumped on with lootmaster parties, people who didn't know susano mechanics work and dying to lakshmi constantly, even though they were advertised as "farm" or "clear" parties.

I got recommended raid finder from some FC buddies and decided to try it out and in the 15 susano runs and 8 lakshmi runs I did, only once did I have a party that didn't know mechanics too well and we cleared consistently on the first or second try. Probably never going to use party finder unless I definitely have to ever again.

Yeah, I'm not sure why but my raid finder results with "duty complete" ticked have typically been better than party finder too.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
Honest healer question. I decided to swap to healer as primary for Stormblood and am at level 35 white mage. I could dps a lot up until about level 30 but now i mostly feel like I have to Regen and cure spam to keep a tank from falling over. Is this just levelling pains of not having my full toolset and undergeared tanks? Or is there something I'm missing?

I'm chaining dungeons to level and it seems like I might get 1 tank in 6 who isn't a sack of wet tissue.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

funkymonks posted:

Honest healer question. I decided to swap to healer as primary for Stormblood and am at level 35 white mage. I could dps a lot up until about level 30 but now i mostly feel like I have to Regen and cure spam to keep a tank from falling over. Is this just levelling pains of not having my full toolset and undergeared tanks? Or is there something I'm missing?

I'm chaining dungeons to level and it seems like I might get 1 tank in 6 who isn't a sack of wet tissue.

Sounds like undergeared tanks. Wasn't until I hit Stone Vigil that I wasn't spending half of every dungeon throwing rocks at people. Throw up protect at the start of every dungeon and remember to keep an eye on the free Cure 2 procs - this game is sadly not like TOR or WoW and doesn't have a big flashy thing to let you know a proc has fired.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

funkymonks posted:

I've never leveled a healer but my guess is it's that the tanks are severely under-geared. If they're just turbo-leveling tanks through PotD and leveling roullette and not getting any extra gear beyond dungeon drops, this is the point that it really starts to become noticeable.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

funkymonks posted:

Level 35, especially around Brayflox, is where poo poo is going to start hitting harder. You can mitigate it by having your gear, especially weapon, in good shape. Better geared tanks, and tanks that use their cooldowns effectively will also give you an easier time. It will also get easier when you get Holy, as it brings a large stun to your table.

Regen and cure will be your staple toolkit for a long time, so you're in good shape on that front. Don't be afraid to Cure 2 as well; don't just depend on freecure procs.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Cythereal posted:

Sounds like undergeared tanks. Wasn't until I hit Stone Vigil that I wasn't spending half of every dungeon throwing rocks at people. Throw up protect at the start of every dungeon and remember to keep an eye on the free Cure 2 procs - this game is sadly not like TOR or WoW and doesn't have a big flashy thing to let you know a proc has fired.

Yeah, I'm at 39 WHM and still don't really have issues keeping tanks up unless they're in real lovely gear.

Cure II will have a big yellow border on it when you get a freecure proc, so try to watch for that.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Level 35, especially around Brayflox, is where poo poo is going to start hitting harder.

The last boss there was really the first fight I had to really pay attention. Using Esuna so the poison doesn't stack too high is a life saver.

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jul 8, 2017

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Infidel Castro posted:

The last boss there was really the first fight I had to really pay attention. Using Esuna so the poison doesn't stack too high is a life saver.

My biggest issue in there was getting separated too far from the tank by pools of poison.

Stone Vigil is the highest dungeon I've done so far, and it taught me to respect even trash.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You can just walk across the poison. It won't kill you instantly.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

funkymonks posted:

Make sure you're using Lucid Dreaming if you aren't: the description makes it sound like it's just a threat reducer but it also has Refresh Potency: 80 over 21 seconds which is a ton of restored MP, it's pretty necessary if you want to dps and heal and if you're not using it dungeon healing starts to feel pretty tought at 30+

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Mordiceius posted:

Open world pvp sucks and has never been good in modern (post 2005) MMOs.

You are wrong

EVE is good

Gearhead posted:

The core tenants of what the Garleans are doing are not incorrect.

The Empire is operating from the technically correct perspective that faith in a higher power can be unwittingly weaponized to carve a piece of the planet's soul off to create a new god at the expense of the world itself. Sealing these false gods away prevents them from being resummoned at further harm to the world and demoralizes target societies, undermining their faith.

Their ruling elite just happen to have a huge persecution complex from being the only humanoid beings in the world unable to use magic and have stories of being driven to the frozen wastes by magic users, which promotes a view that everyone else is out to get them.

Nero nearly turning into a pillar of salt in the World of Darkness brings another problem to light: The faith that Garleans have in science is hollow, it does not help to insulate them from the horrors that exist outside the circles of the world where science breaks down and magic takes over. Zenos' nihilism may be also related to this, because as a person who feels no connection to magic, realizing that all you are is a bundle of aetheric energy that thinks it is human, piloting a sack of meat around, has to be one of the most demoralizing things imaginable. He can quite possibly SEE that tangle of power that thinks it's alive in other people. He can see it fade away. And he knows, one day, he too will be washed away...

Tenets

Tenants are people that rent from you

SwissArmyDruid posted:

In phase 2, Stormsplitter is a tankbuster that requires (in my experience so far) at minimum two cooldowns. (usually one of Rampart, Raw Intuition, Thrill, or Vengeance, plus Inner Beast) Anything less risks having to pick up the dry cleaning bill for turning into a fine red mist and getting all over everyones' clothes. Then, as everyone has said, tank swaps, and life goes on.

In phase 1, though, Susan does an unnamed tankbuster that's just a bitchslap of a backhand that will clip off 50% or more of your HP if left unmitigated. Ironically, this is the one that's more likely to make tanks pop, because it's not telegraphed, it's just thrown in between mechanics, between two autos. Like a Mountain Buster, but without the left hook to let you know that it's coming. It does come in regular intervals, however, so a tank should rely on Incoming Damage Senses to pop a cooldown accordingly. Or you could be a nerd and pin down his exact rotation, but Phase 1 is usually short enough that I found you can just roll mitigation through the entire thing and have Rampart off CD again for when you have to go pop bubbles.

I never found his phase one buster to be a problem but maybe I was rolling with good healers

His phase 2 buster can be tricky if tanks don't know to provoke before the cast finishes

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Ha, you wish pubbies would do that kind of poo poo. That's why I recommend double-stacking mitigation there. I also pack Reprisal, but I save that for Ukehi.

It doesn't do enough that you need to go crazy with mitigation. One is enough, although if a healer is a bit slow I use a thrill of battle to make sure that auto doesn't pop me

Lemon King posted:

After a few months of grinding, I finally have the Archon Throne.

Guess who lost a fight with the tie die street vendor

panda clue posted:

what in the world

Yeah what kind of maniac DFs an EX primal

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Kalenn Istarion posted:

You are wrong

EVE is good

EVE isn't a post 2005 mmo tho

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Guess who lost a fight with the tie die street vendor

I like to think I won.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
Also, how do I macro so I always shirk to the tank other tank? I have my party list set up so the other tank is always in slot 2 if that helps.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Flavahbeast posted:

EVE isn't a post 2005 mmo tho

It's still active today though, and has been changed in many important ways from how it originally worked.

Lemon King posted:

I like to think I won.

Touché

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Cythereal posted:

I don't mind fanservice as long as it's tasteful, but this is just shameless and makes me much less comfortable with the game. Laughing at bikini sets is one thing when there's ready access to transmog to hide it.

Yeah level a dps and you'll be running around in subligar at least twice which is basically bdsm gear.

Kalenn Istarion posted:

You are wrong

EVE is good

lol no it isn't.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Also, how do I macro so I always shirk to the tank other tank? I have my party list set up so the other tank is always in slot 2 if that helps.

/ac Shirk <2>

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
What modifies the refresh rate on Lucid Dreaming? MND? PIE? DET?

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Toshimo posted:

What modifies the refresh rate on Lucid Dreaming? MND? PIE? DET?

Probably PIE since that's what determines your max MP in the first place.

E: actually PIE is healer only now so :shrug:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Lemon King posted:

I like to think I won.

I assume you're using 26, 4 (203) for the purple, for whatever reason it creates a different shade of purple for players than the NPC they originally used it for. Because it's a "valid" highlight, it interacts interestingly with the debug hair (the neon red thing, which is basically the equivalent to valve's black/purple checkerboard for the hair palette in this game) and creates that tiedye thing you have going on:

If you use the debug color for highlights, it creates an odd solid magenta thing that doesn't gradient into other colors as uh, specifically?

anyway idk how you're doing this but with a hex editor and some patience, anybody can get this rolling, and that includes for the weird eye/skin/etc tones. Not sure how they plan on dealing with characters who actually implement themselves using these off-limits customizations though.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Fister Roboto posted:

You can just walk across the poison. It won't kill you instantly.

Oh? I was under the impression it was a pool of gently caress you. Good to know for next visit.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
It says that veteran clan bills are posted daily, but I've had the same one on my clan hunt board for about two or three days now. What gives? :(

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Cythereal posted:

Oh? I was under the impression it was a pool of gently caress you. Good to know for next visit.

almost nothing you're doing at your level is going to be a hard and fast 'okay you're dead' mechanic, so don't really worry about that

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Stalins Moustache posted:

It says that veteran clan bills are posted daily, but I've had the same one on my clan hunt board for about two or three days now. What gives? :(

The text is wrong.

Astroniomix fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jul 8, 2017

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Rhymenoserous posted:

Yeah level a dps and you'll be running around in subligar at least twice which is basically bdsm gear.

lol no it isn't.

Says a guy who ran a squad for years whose primary focus was hot drops and cloaky gatecamps, the exact nonconsensual pvp environment the original post was replying to.

I wish I hadn't burned out, I was having fun with BlackOps before I left

kojei posted:

/ac Shirk <2>

<3

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Cythereal posted:

You'll almost never run into instadeath mechanics in this game outside of some very specific instances which mean the whole group has hosed up.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Emalde posted:

anyway idk how you're doing this but with a hex editor and some patience, anybody can get this rolling, and that includes for the weird eye/skin/etc tones. Not sure how they plan on dealing with characters who actually implement themselves using these off-limits customizations though.

Make them available to all, via cash shop if they must, and also let us dye poo poo that colour because I want to be a garish technicolour nightmare.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

This turned out to be what I was looking for btw, for anyone else that wanted that macro

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

:wtc:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Cythereal posted:

Yeah, this game is not even close to that difficult, especially in leveling dungeons. Don't be afraid to see what effects mechanics actually have instead of assuming they'll instakill you, there are a lot that you can straight up ignore if you're smart about it.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Stalins Moustache posted:

Do you still have the old ones in your key items inventory? If so, get rid of them, either by discarding them or doing the marks.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

That is a dumb macro. I can see it now.

RDM Corps-a-Corps in, starts doing his combo. DRG deploys his stupid macro, it grabs the RDM, instead of the SAM just a bit further away. RDM displaces away and just goes back to shooting magic roses and poo poo from a distance, having never noticed the tether. lol Dragoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

lmao if the guy who quotes 7 people any time he wants to say something is freaking out over a one page description of DRG rotations at 70

Galaga Galaxian posted:

That is a dumb macro. I can see it now.

RDM Corps-a-Corps in, starts doing his combo. DRG deploys his stupid macro, it grabs the RDM, instead of the SAM just a bit further away. RDM displaces away and just goes back to shooting magic roses and poo poo from a distance, having never noticed the tether. lol Dragoon.

the alternatives are i spend 2 gcds trying to target someone with it and then switch back to my actual rotation because i am a Bad, or i don't use it at all