Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

syscall girl posted:

And that man's name was Ibid Oldline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Jeza posted:

That ibid thing is an extremely loving old university urban legend. So either this guy was trolling or the living incarnation of a pre-internet meme.

I know a guy who changed his name to Figure 1A to get more references, swear on Ibid.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I've literally never heard of ibid before now and I have a college degree.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
:same:

Of course I also have a trash degree from a garbage university, so your mileage may vary.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i only ever heard of him from the lovecraft thing but assumed it was another one of his madeup ancient philosopher names

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
This is the op cit of funny forums quotes

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

i only ever heard of him from the lovecraft thing but assumed it was another one of his madeup ancient philosopher names

Abdul Alhazred will have his revenge on Seattle.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
My dad actually was one of those guys, he once asked his teacher who that "Unk Nown" guy was and why he had so many famous quotes. In his defense, he was in 1st grade, as he tells the story

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

minato posted:

makes sense, Santa is an anagram of @nsa

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Trig Discipline falling on his own sword

Trig Discipline posted:

Trig Discipline posted:

it's such a massive hole and so patently easy

hey how is your mom by the way

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Sex Hobbit posted:

Trig :allears:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Sex Hobbit posted:

hey how is your mom by the way
[/quote]

It's his calling to find perfect "your mom" opportunities, even in threads in forums he doesn't even read, it's uncanny.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

If you're out there, Trig, thank you for your service. :patriot:

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Trig owns.

Even himself apparently.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Field Mousepad posted:

Trig owns.

Even himself apparently.

Ugh. I can't get him in here to tell his absolute best anecdote because don't quote yourself but it involved a diving trip, a wetsuit and butt chum.

Anyone have that handy?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

you can put lisa loeb glasses on anyone even resembling a woman under 200 lbs. and i'll spring a boner you can stand on

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I just can't let a good Your Mom joke go to waste, sorry mom.

Also I have no idea where that original story was, but there's a photo of someone else doing the same thing that more or less gives you an idea.

:nws: https://i.imgur.com/ACuTCTN.jpg

Except in my case I was right side up and taking off like a person-sized space shuttle because I didn't want it all over my wetsuit.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Trig Discipline posted:

Yeah I just can't let a good Your Mom joke go to waste, sorry mom.

Also I have no idea where that original story was, but there's a photo of someone else doing the same thing that more or less gives you an idea.

:nws: https://i.imgur.com/ACuTCTN.jpg

Except in my case I was right side up and taking off like a person-sized space shuttle because I didn't want it all over my wetsuit.

Somewhere there is an eel who has your number.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

The Glumslinger posted:

My dad actually was one of those guys, he once asked his teacher who that "Unk Nown" guy was and why he had so many famous quotes. In his defense, he was in 1st grade, as he tells the story

In my job I have forms for my clients to fill out and they have a space for an alias. It just says. Alias:_______. A good 75 percent of people ask what that means or who that is.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

syscall girl posted:

Somewhere there is an eel who has your number.

Specifically, my number two.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'd be willing to believe that was a joke and didn't happen. Deer don't just walk up and start licking salt covered dicks. If they did hunters would never go home.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Maybe the ancestral rape wasn't so bad. Maybe the grandfather was Noah and we're all figments of a dream being had by some lemur, watching Noah's granddaughters work his wrinkly shaft.

edit: I've been sent back from the future to prevent a 300 page derail to say, once and for all, that YES lemurs dream, YES their dreams frequently involve biblical allegory, NO that offers NO PROTECTION from ANY kind of Freddie Kreuger style Nightmare Incursions.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I'm really :3: at the mental image of a lemur dreaming.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm using this as an excuse to post my stoned Lemur pic

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Quorum posted:

It's like the Battlestar Galactica of bad posting. All these posts have been made before, and all these posts will be made again. Plus, some of the people involved might secretly be robots, and nobody is entirely sure what the plot is.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Picnic Princess posted:

I'm using this as an excuse to post my stoned Lemur pic

Need to shop in a spliff or pipe

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Awesome

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

china bot posted:

THIS JOKE WAS MADE FOR ME!

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Crossposting from the funny pictures thread: There's an awful photo of a newly pregnant woman next to a chalkboard of names, each more hideous than the one before, with all but the last terrible name crossed out; it's shown up on the forums a few times. Someone once responded to it with a post offering suggestions like "Autysm," which was even better than the photo. Does anyone have that at hand, or remember another one of the names for searching (since "Autysm" gets no joy)?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Hirayuki posted:

Crossposting from the funny pictures thread: There's an awful photo of a newly pregnant woman next to a chalkboard of names, each more hideous than the one before, with all but the last terrible name crossed out; it's shown up on the forums a few times. Someone once responded to it with a post offering suggestions like "Autysm," which was even better than the photo. Does anyone have that at hand, or remember another one of the names for searching (since "Autysm" gets no joy)?

I think the others were variations on ‘miscarriage’ and ‘abortion.’

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

VanSandman posted:

I think the others were variations on ‘miscarriage’ and ‘abortion.’

I wonder if Lakynn will ever know how much light and joy she and the memes associated with her have brought into our dark lives?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

IIRC there was a followup with a second child but my googling mainly turns up the first, more famous one.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

she did it again for her next baby btw

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

LOllin at that dumb fuckin bitch

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Her oldest is apparently named 'Titan'

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
With Grayson and Ollie I'm wondering if there's a superhero nerd in the house.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Dave Grool posted:

I wish I had the ability to just poo poo out a ton of words, would make my academic career a lot easier

Slime posted:

shove a book up your rear end, that'll do the job

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

scrubs season six posted:

If you stick a corn dog up your rear end and then clench you can pull the stick out and the corn dog will stay up in there.

e: sorry wrong thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
e:wrong thread