Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
I plan to blast the owl song all over the nurse station at shift change. Listen Shelley if you can play Taylor Swift while I’m trying to chart, you can handle this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Did you ever meet Supernintendo Chalmers?

That part of the meme never made much sense to me. If you are from Utica you've definitely been to Albany a bunch. Albany sucks but not as much as Utica. Also lol if you didn't spend your early 20s drinking at every SUNY campus possible.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

D-Pad posted:

You've singlehandedly reversed the mood of my entire office for the day.

It's amazing. Sounds like Modest Mouse with the drugs turned up to 11.
That's just Modest Mouse's first three albums.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Is this what ASMR feels like?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

8th-snype posted:

That part of the meme never made much sense to me. If you are from Utica you've definitely been to Albany a bunch. Albany sucks but not as much as Utica. Also lol if you didn't spend your early 20s drinking at every SUNY campus possible.

that's the joke

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
can confirm. owl song invaded my office like cancer. there is both extreme liking and hatred going on. thanks goons.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Utica sucks and I'm from a swamplake idiot farm, so I can say that.

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer
I got my friendly neighborhood Internet radio morning show to play Hoo! I declined to give further explanation.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

It's almost like promoting the most well-regarded and therefore prolific posters on an internet forum has an inevitable bias toward people who are loving weirdos.

BurntCornMuffin posted:

So, maybe make the lurkers mods?

Or is the post quantity to "not a weirdo" ratio more of a peak once you hit a certain level of posts per day?

Or maybe it's just that every goon has a weird skeleton in their closet?

jit bull transpile posted:

What if I just have a weird skeleton

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Then you're Lowtax.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

sensible chuckle

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

thecluckmeme posted:

the bachelor thread was great because it was just a bunch of unwashed alcoholics talking about how they were avoiding have to wash dishes by eating cereal out of a CD-R cover wrapped in Saran wrap, with the occasional "I piss through a hole my floor by sticking my dick in it but I'm afraid the dogs will get into the crawlspace and get peed on/bite my dick."

Just,
"what are you eating tonight"
"fifteen frozen burritos, you?"
"three bags of pizza rolls"
*man bursts into room* "guys my dog bit my dick"

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
If any of you remember the Mindless Self Indulgence side project The Left Rights, that's dead on what the owl song reminded me of except for somehow being even lower budget.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Action Jacktion posted:

Steel Justice was a pilot apparently written as a vehicle for Robosaurus, the big robot dinosaur from monster truck shows. The story goes that in the near future, a cop whose son was killed by a gang is visited by a 3000 year-old wizard who teaches him how to use his love for his son to turn a small Robosaurus model into the real thing, which is alive or maybe possessed by his son's spirit or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fntTH0BdBcE

CharlestonJew posted:

those fools forgot that any vehicle given to Robosaurus is instantly destroyed

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Cinaedus Defututus posted:

A-ranked big penis.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

somehow the word "fools" just made this for me

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Came across this rereading the PYF Historical Fun Fact thread:

Ego-bot posted:

Throughout much of the '90s until his death in 2001, Mohammad Atef was al-Qaeda's second-in-command. When al-Qaeda would organize volleyball games, he and Osama bin Laden weren't allowed to play on the same team because they were both very tall, dominant players.

Mans posted:

Ah yes, the twin towers themselves.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

frankenfreak posted:

Came across this rereading the PYF Historical Fun Fact thread:

Holy poo poo.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Holy poo poo.

Yeah, now I wonder what an al-Qaeda themed Top Gun would look like

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

They could probably afford to buy some old Tomcats to be honest.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Cacafuego posted:

Yeah, now I wonder what an al-Qaeda themed Top Gun would look like

Qaeny al-Oggins' smash hit, "Highway to the Jihad Zone"

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

minato posted:

call the police on thanos

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
:discourse:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

bessantj posted:

Tied to the Bee acupuncture death, I've been shown this study of the The Effectiveness of Live Bee Sting Acupuncture on Depression. I'm rubbish at reading a study so does someone want to take a quick look and tell me what they think. This:

Suggests to me the study was quite small. The results might be self reported from the patients themselves. And as depression can be cyclical they may need to have done more follow ups that at 6 and 12 months.

Cichlidae posted:

The bee stings will continue until your depression improves.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Codependent Poster posted:

From my point of view, the Italians are evil!

marshmallow creep posted:

But these are little Italians, so it's like house cat level evil.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Guessing the movie is about a 30 year old hitting on highschoolers in New Jersey?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Wikipedia entry for Laconic Wit posted:

A prominent example involves Philip II of Macedon. After invading southern Greece and receiving the submission of other key city-states, he turned his attention to Sparta and asked menacingly whether he should come as friend or foe; the reply was "Neither."[3] Losing patience, he sent the message:

"You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city.[4]"

The Spartan ephors again replied with a single word:

"If."

Ague Proof posted:

A prominent example involves Philip II of Macedon. After invading southern Greece and receiving the submission of other key city-states, he turned his attention to Sparta and asked menacingly whether he should come as friend or foe; the reply was "Sir this is a Panera Bread."[3] Losing patience, he sent the message:

"You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city.[4]"

The Spartan ephors replied:

"Nice meltdown."

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
[/quote]

Wait a second, I made that!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Our baby shower barbeque at the springs for our first kid that we've been planning for months just got canceled because a tropical depression decided to form this week.

Not last week. Not next week. THIS week.

ZeusCannon posted:

Name the kid Stormy. Double topical

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
On the topic of attempting to breed and raise Quail, the only animal more likely to kill itself through sheer stupidity than a horse;

this broken hill posted:

my post history itt has been as follows

me: i'm going to train a quail to fly a plane
fluffy bunnies: not possible, they're too stupid
me: ah, you just don't know them like i do

*two days later*

me: many good men died today

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

:allears: avs

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

haveblue posted:

invalid premise, other brothers cannot deny

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

goddamnedtwisto posted:

as you lay in the hospital, a nurse opens the package of musk brand life-be-gone tablets because the alogorith has determined you are no longer economically useful. struggling with the plastic she tears the package from the centre outwards. your last thought before your body is liquidised to provide feed for peter thiel's youth blood farm is "heh... no ring"

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Aesculus posted:

Of course this game set in the UK's final choice is to Remain or Leave :v:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Nice!

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

The Oildome

Snowman_McK posted:

What's the funniest UFC/MMA fight?

MysteryNad posted:

slipNslideFC was pretty good

Untrustable posted:

My brother was in prison for 9 years and told me he would microwave baby oil and put it on the floor of his cell except for the place he was standing. He'd then call out someone in the common area and when they came running in they'd slip and slide and he, standing in the only dry spot, would just pummel them while they tried to gain traction. That's the best base for MMA.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the real crime here was putting a master of physical comedy like that in prison and not in front of a camera

Untrustable posted:

Probably 6 months after he got out I went out on a drive and took him with me and just let him talk about prison. He loved it but he's also probably very mentally ill. Fights could break out due to "heart checks" which is where someone tries to punk you to see if you're an easy target or not. He would react by heating up the baby oil and then talking poo poo from his dry spot. He said eventually it got to the point where no one would come in his cell if he was talking poo poo because they knew what was coming. Since they refused to engage in what was an almost guaranteed beating, they were seen as "bitches" and generally treated worse by the overall population. The only way to win was to enter the oildome and get beaten up to show you weren't a "bitch".

We missed so many visitation days because he was always in solitary. It wasn't limited to the baby oil beatdowns. He was and is still pretty formidable even without a clear advantage. I still give him poo poo though because he came out of prison at a well defined 185 or so and then put on tons of weight which I like to call the "freedom fifty".

Marching Powder posted:

i'm trying to imagine having that specific repuation in prison. 'oh, that's the baby oil guy. you either go into the oil cell with him and get bashed into a greasy mush or get called gay and robbed / hosed a lot.'

Untrustable posted:

Imagine being genuinely afraid that the baby oil guy was gonna call you out from his cell. That would be far worse.

It's like there were no options. Shoot for the legs? Nope. You'd slide on the oil and slam into the toilet. Go up high? Nope you'll just throw yourself off balance. The only option was to make a valiant effort and get covered in hot baby oil while a man pummels you about the head and face.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Lmao oh god I'm dying

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Holy gently caress that’s amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX