Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Cacafuego posted:

Alternatively, it could have Kirk Johnson’s hands (with the ring, of course)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I feel like that would work better on a mig-15.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Jabor posted:

I feel like that would work better on a mig-15.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Solice Kirsk posted:

But we still have F-16's which are way cooler and sometimes have scary mouths painted on them. All our planes should have scary mouths painted on them.

The Belgians just discovered an innovative new way for F16s to catch fire on the ground.

https://www.aviation24.be/military-aircraft/belgian-air-component/air-force-f-16-destroyed-maintenance-collateral-damage-second/

quote:

a technician was working on an F-16 when he accidentally activated the six-barrels 20mm Vulcan M61A-1 cannon of that F-16. The cannon was loaded and some bullets hit another F-16AM (FA-128). That aircraft had just been refuelled and was – together with another F-16 – being prepared for a (training) mission. Due to the bullets, the F-16AM exploded and damaged the other F-16.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So that makes, what, 3 total aircraft kills with the F16's canon?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Falcon getting some confirmed kills without even leaving its parking space. Now that's a loving plane.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Bring back the Avro Arrow

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

incredible flesh posted:

anybody who subscribes to any written religion is no friend of the fallen angels. i am kokhabiel's favourite wife and i make my own rules

i can comment with authority on the cockatoo story because when my dad was a child, his mother disappeared for a while and he went to stay with his great-aunt. she was a seventh-day adventist who didn't believe in electricity (not because she was a seventh-day adventist, she was just mad) and was too cheap to buy candles, so after the sun went down every night they would just walk around her big mansion in the dark. she had a pet cockatoo who used to follow my father around going "mrs brennan? mrs brennan?" (its owner's name was not mrs brennan, and as far as he knows it had never met a mrs brennan in its life) and every time he turned his back on it, it would attack him. anyway, he told me that he was only safe from the bird once night fell because cockatoos have no night vision and it would go to bed when the sun set, but he had to be careful because it would perch on a different chair every night and if he accidentally bumped into it there would be blood. so no, the murdered cockatoo would not have been sitting on the hallway floor in the dark. also cockatoos are actually pretty big birds, they're australia's largest parrot and they're quite solid and also incredibly loving loud, so treading on one accidentally is basically impossible and even if you did it wouldn't kill it.

the prosecution rests

Fair warning: the context for this involves [alleged] IRL animal death. So uh, be careful if you click through to the r/elationships thread for that quote if you love bird or are not a sociopath.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

value-brand cereal posted:

Fair warning: the context for this involves [alleged] IRL animal death. So uh, be careful if you click through to the r/elationships thread for that quote if you love bird or are not a sociopath.

avs is the most instantly recognisable poster on the forum

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

dreadmojo posted:

That's because she's the best.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pick posted:

:agreed:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Pick posted:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Pick posted:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Does anyone have her post in response to the guy who did the photoshops of Elsa? The one with the elite squad of women superheroes? That loving post should be beamed into space as the apogee of earth's cultural output

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I am glad that forums user Elsa was mocked off SA, that dude sucked

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im glad most people perma'd come back.

No exile should be permanent.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Hang on walk me through these last couple of posts please. I thought there was something about some broken hills?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Ehud posted:

I just woke up from a dream in which my entire family was killed in a nuclear weapons attack. I made it out just in time and walked to a relief center and got into an argument with Carrie Underwood who kept telling me Jesus obviously had a plan for my life and that’s why I was still alive.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Turtlicious posted:

No mercy for PCOS Bill. gently caress that guy :argh:

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Improbable Lobster posted:

I am glad that forums user Elsa was mocked off SA, that dude sucked

He didn't get mocked off SA.He doubled down, and doubled down again.
He changed his name to frozenpussy because we relentlessly called him that in the eve thread for months on end.
He got banned for that name change. He changed his name to "frozenpussy" and got banned for it (Sorry, I don't know how to link a ban message. That's the post. The ban message is "You're so desperate for attention that you keep coming into threads to scream "look how much I suck!" You actually changed your own username to reflect the thing people made fun of you for. Go away")
He perved on a mod and sent her creeper PMS. (check his rap sheet: https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=212250)
He got chain-probated month-by-month after that.

I just posted about this. I Thought it was in this thread. It was in the PYF Anyone remember that thread where.
Some of it is from PYF "SA's Greatest Saga" thread.
Some of it is in : https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=2701257&perpage=40&pagenumber=151#post488923625
frozenpussy was loving gross. I'm glad more people are leaning about how gross he was. I wish more people realized that when he was still posting. There are people who will call you a pussy for having people on your ignore list on SA. They'll insult your manliness for having people on your ignore list and question your sexual persuasion. Those people are stuck in 2002 and probably haven't seen frozenpussy's posts. It's 2018, I've got a bunch of retards on my ignore list. I don't give a gently caress about what some 2002 dipshit that hasn't managed to grow up in the last 16 years thinks about that.

null_pointer posted:

Good riddance. #1 Worst TFR poster is a pretty loving high bar. Even Tenement Funster is still allowed to post anywhere else.

dreadmojo posted:

AVS is best poster. Her chicken/guinea fowl/quail posts are the best, and most heartbreaking, posts on the forums.
i know she says dumb things, please let us read her quail updates

I wish she wasn't so instantly identifiable
but on the other hand, she wouldn't be avs if she wasn't... that's just how those things work, I guess.

MisterOblivious has a new favorite as of 14:35 on Oct 16, 2018

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Turtlicious posted:

Don't worry, you can find frozenpussy's "artwork" over on Hentai Foundry. He's a moderator there.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

null_pointer posted:

It's really funny that in a long and terrible posting career full of racism, misogyny, unironic MAGA chuddery and just overall horribleness that the post that finally got him banned was a post insulting Kat Denning's boobs.

That's the thing that flipped the switch to "well obviously this guy isn't arguing in good faith". He had a stealth rereg after he got perma'd that got perma'd almost right away too

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Kat Dennings has great boobs, so I understand why he was banned for such filth.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

MisterOblivious posted:

He didn't get mocked off SA.He doubled down, and doubled down again.
He changed his name to frozenpussy because we relentlessly called him that in the eve thread for months on end.
He got banned for that name change. He changed his name to "frozenpussy" and got banned for it (Sorry, I don't know how to link a ban message. That's the post. The ban message is "You're so desperate for attention that you keep coming into threads to scream "look how much I suck!" You actually changed your own username to reflect the thing people made fun of you for. Go away")
He perved on a mod and sent her creeper PMS. (check his rap sheet: https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=212250)
He got chain-probated month-by-month after that.

I like the one that says "I wondered how you had gone more than a month without being probated, but then I realised you'd spent most of that time on a month's probation."

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Someone find the freakin avs post, I don't remember what thread it was in!!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

MisterOblivious posted:

Good riddance. #1 Worst TFR poster is a pretty loving high bar. Even Tenement Funster is still allowed to post anywhere else.

AVS is best poster. Her chicken/guinea fowl/quail posts are the best, and most heartbreaking, posts on the forums.
i know she says dumb things, please let us read her quail updates

I wish she wasn't so instantly identifiable
but on the other hand, she wouldn't be avs if she wasn't... that's just how those things work, I guess.

Whilst I agree with your Avshalom policy if Pecos was the worst we've got we're actually doing quite well

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Pyromaniac Ida posted:

When it wants me to select a street sign. Do I select the pole as well or what?

Plank Walker posted:

just select whatever, they're not paying you for your labor

Pyromaniac Ida posted:

But they punish me with more images if I fail.

Plank Walker posted:

car AI: *through sobs* you can't just say everything is a traffic light... Please....
me: *clicks on seagull flying past* traffic light

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Hihohe posted:

jumpin jack flash its a

Bombadilillo posted:

:gas::gas::gas:

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Pcos bill got banned? all time great username. i seem to remember him making some funny posts. everyone is fuckin gone

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I liked how he once in a blue moon would say something completely reasonable and immediately get loving dogpiled for it, for most of the time being a dumb rear end wrong idiot.

Also agreeing with PCOS Bill was funny as heck. The guy absolutely couldn't handle that.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I'm going to need to see some evidence for these claims that pcos bill ever posted anything funny and/or reasonable, every single post I ever saw was just "what would the most hateful, bigoted republican in the world say in this situation"

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Gay Horney posted:

Pcos bill got banned? all time great username. i seem to remember him making some funny posts. everyone is fuckin gone

It takes a top tier poster like you to recognize the quality

And the joke hidden in that hilarious user name :allears:

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

So many great posts in that thread

FAUXTON posted:

elon's run

Lazlo Nibble posted:

a huge arena with dozens of Model 3s spinning slowly up into the air, rear left turn signals blinking red, as their owners chant RE-PAIR! RE-PAIR! in the vain hope that their car is the one that gets a replacement bumper instead of just bursting into flame

they’ve never actually seen one get fixed but somehow they‘re totally convinced that it could happen

how is this so on the nose

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Barry Convex posted:

lol, according to Politico, Warren has the DNC's former head of Native American outreach working for her. HOW

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Pretty racist post imo.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Sereri posted:

All the Soros stuff is the most Emmanuel Goldstein thing imaginable.

Antifa? Soros!
Congress? Soros!
BLM? SOROS!
Stubbed your toe on the coffee table? You know it!

Prism posted:

That last one is more of a sore-os.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Pick posted:

Someone find the freakin avs post, I don't remember what thread it was in!!

Avshalom posted:

:rolleyes: Okay, let's get this thread back on-topic. Now we're talking about likeable vs. interesting characters, I just thought I'd run a few character designs for my comic relaunch past the thread. My designs in the past have been pretty flat and sameish, they didn't express the characters' background, culture or personality very well. I've been dabbling in a style that mixes photomanipulation with digital painting, so it's got that nice foundation of realism but with a veneer of artistry over the top. It's good because I've always had a tendency to get caught up in re-drawing and worrying about little details. This way I can get a comic out as soon as I've collected the photos. Anyway, here are the characters (all the photos are my own):

Lumina Brennan: The "leader" of the group. Headstrong, a little bossy, secretly insecure and worried about her appearance, but she hides that under a veneer of self-confidence as you can see from her straightforward no-nonsense flaunting of her body. Each of the characters has an elemental power and Lumina's is Light, so I tried to incorporate a rainbow element into her design to evoke the light spectrum without relying on cliches like blonde hair or literal glowing.

Plum Blossom Yang: The genius of the group. Her elemental power is Brain. She is a ninja who is very shy and submissive, but uses her meek appearance to get close enough to her victims to strike them with her neuro-hacking, with which she can take control of their bodies. However, she prefers to control her own body - she's an athlete as well as an intellectual and considers her perfect figure to be a symbol of her power and ability, so she displays it proudly whenever possible.

Mengelina Finn: The sassy girl. Her elemental power is Water. I made her a redhead as a bit of irony. She actually gets really upset when people point out how funny it is that a redhead is in control of water! Although Lumina tends to take control, Mengelina is the true leader who influences the others through snark and sarcastic remarks. Sometimes she can go a bit too far and cause offence, but she has a good heart and tends to be right about most things. She grew up on a secluded island living a subsistence hunter-gatherer lifestyle, so she never learnt to be ashamed of her body and she usually goes naked because it helps her swim faster.

Choo Choo: The alien. Choo Choo's elemental power is Fire. She's actually originally a tool of the invading aliens (the villains of the comic) and is a modified deathbot who was hacked by Plum Blossom and developed sentience and a personality. She's quiet but extremely powerful. She doesn't really understand humans yet, but the other girls are trying to teach her to fit in with human society and constantly reassure her that she's beautiful and desirable to boost her self-confidence, which leads to her slowly becoming more empowered and willing to display her body over the course of the comic.

Let me know what you think! I'm hoping to get the first few comics out as soon as I'm totally happy with the art style.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

I know I've seen it before but gently caress that's perfect.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Lobok posted:

What even is the story of Cats? I could read the synopsis somewhere but I'd rather have a goon explain it to me with the appropriate level of derision and animosity.

FilthyImp posted:

It's based off of a T.S. Elliot set of poems about some junkyard strays his kid called Jellicle Cats (who knows why).
The play is an excuse for a bunch of songs and setpieces about the cats, each with their own backstory and quirks that would rival the most obtuse Sonic fanfic writers -- ooh here's Rum Tum Tugger, a selifish and contrary cat! What a character! Watch out for that magical black cat, Mr. Mephstopheles!! That'a not racist at all!!!

The thin plot concerns itself with the cats picking one of their own to die and be reborn in what they call the Heavenside Layer, so a lot of the song bits end up being sad cries for a shot at a second life. There's, for example, an old cat that used to hang out at a theatre so he's like an Old Hollywood hasbeen and is wracked with palsy and arthritis.

Throughout the play, a hideous gray cat keeps getting shunned by the group. This is Grizabella, who used to be loving hot but now she's past 40 and cant get anyone to call her back and gently caress just die already Grizabella your youth is gone you waste of flesh. She sings ''Memory', which is probably the best known song of the work, and the group decides to pity her and let her be reborn.

It's apparently a great show if you enjoy technical dance, but I was totally lost the time I caught it on PBS.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

the shortest possible summary: Andrew Lloyd Webber did a metric loving poo poo-ton of coke while reading TS Eliot's cat poems.

a slightly longer summary: it's essentially a look at, for lack of a better way of putting it, cat culture. we witness a tribe of "Jellicle" cats going through a single night, on which they perform a magic ritual that causes one of the cats (chosen by the elder patriarch of the cats) to ascend to space, upon which they will be reincarnated.

I swear to christ I did not make a single word of that up.

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

That sounds uncannily like my original idea for the Alien prequel.

SMG did not elaborate.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

The MSJ posted:

SMG did not elaborate.

That’s going to eat at me and I’m not even really invested beyond that it doesn’t make any obvious sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
SMG just beat Lewis Black's "If it weren't for that horse, I never would have spent that year in college" BSOD statement. Magical.