Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

🙄 he knew exactly what he was doing and even says as much in the story.

you're like *this* close to getting it

the scared white person saw someone who they thought was Muslim and immediately grew suspicious of them. That Muslim-looking person eventually did some incredibly mundane things that lots of white people do on planes, too, and in the end nothing happened even though it drove the white person crazy. You can't say that this reinforces negative stereotypes, because ultimately nothing suspicious even happened; the white person's fears never came true, and the person who they thought might be a Muslim terrorist turned out to just be some guy reading a book and checking their watch. To a sane person, that should help dispel the idea that everyone who looks vaguely middle-eastern is a terrorist, and it's really weird that you don't think so, almost as though maybe you have more in common with the scared white person than you're letting on and you're trying to deflect that from behind a shield of faux wokeness...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

you're like *this* close to getting it

the scared white person saw someone who they thought was Muslim and immediately grew suspicious of them. That Muslim-looking person eventually did some incredibly mundane things that lots of white people do on planes, too, and in the end nothing happened even though it drove the white person crazy. You can't say that this reinforces negative stereotypes, because ultimately nothing suspicious even happened; the white person's fears never came true, and the person who they thought might be a Muslim terrorist turned out to just be some guy reading a book and checking their watch. To a sane person, that should help dispel the idea that everyone who looks vaguely middle-eastern is a terrorist, and it's really weird that you don't think so, almost as though maybe you have more in common with the scared white person than you're letting on and you're trying to deflect that from behind a shield of faux wokeness...

You might be right except for the fact the dude purposely did things he knew would trigger the guy.

I’m not sure how you can think this is perfectly ok behavior.

You are correct that he didn’t blow up a bomb on the plane but he knew exactly what he was doing and it’s absolutely negative.

Also lol at your last line.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

If a guy thinks that a Muslim reading a book and looking at his watch is scary, then there is no way he will ever not be a racist. He did not set back relationships between races because there is absolutely zero chance that this man stops being afraid of Muslims either way.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
if racist white guy had any capacity for self-reflection (lol, but still) he might even think to himself "so that muslim was praying and deep-breathing on the plane for reasons other than he was about to do a terrorism... maybe he was having family troubles, or a health crisis, or is just afraid of flying... almost like a normal person!"

i can dream

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Literally A Person posted:

Something topical for the thread:

Lol, I just saw another post about that bath water and a dude who drank it. He got hospitalized.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Power Khan posted:

Lol, I just saw another post about that bath water and a dude who drank it. He got hospitalized.

Hopefully, after taking care of whatever bath water did to his insides, they'll give him a psych evaluation to figure out why he would drink it in the first place.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Why would bathwater hospitalize anyone?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Power Khan posted:

Yeah they put him right in the photoshop ward.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
That Bath water woman should sell fake koran water

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
(27F) I end up sleeping on the couch due to fear of my (28M) bf’s pet bunny.
So, he has a pet bunny that he keeps in the master bathroom and bedroom of his apartment. At night the bunny will get in bed and sleep with him. It’s a pretty new relationship. I don’t have issues with the bunny, but she is very territorial and hates me sleeping with him. She has nipped/bitten me twice now. So, I have a slight fear of her at night. It makes it hard for me sleep over or rest easy. He keeps getting upset to me for the fear and wants me to chill so she gets use to me. I can’t do it late at night while trying to sleep, and it’s either stay up all night, the couch, or drive home (which is not close). I am I wrong for being mad bout this?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for having not inviting an autistic family friend to my "real" graduation party?

I graduated from high school this year and am having my graduation party this weekend. I invited about 30 friends from school. I also had some family members come.

One of my friends has been my friend since we were in first grade because his mom is friends with my mom. He's autistic. He's extremely bright. He was in the gifted and talented program in elementary and middle and took the maximum AP courses in high school. It doesn't affect him intellectually but it does socially.

Every time I have invited him to a party he completely shut down and had to leave. I get it. He can't deal with loud noises. I was with him yesterday and he kept his headphones on because of the fireworks. I invited him to my house after prom with my friends because I hosted a sleepover but he went home early from prom and didn't want to come to my house after.

I honestly don't want to spend my graduation party following him and making sure he is okay. I thought it would be a good idea to invite him and a few of my friends over for a mini graduation celebration last weekend. We hung out in the backyard, had a campfire, played some board games, and had an overall relaxing evening. There were 6 of us in total.

Tomorrow is my real graduation party and I just told my mom that I didn't invite my friend with autism. She completely flipped and said that was a dick move. He wouldn't even enjoy it. I can see that I could have given him the opportunity to turn it down, but he struggles with saying "no" and I just want my graduation party to be enjoyable. I don't want to worry about if the music is playing too loud or if people are splashing in his direction or what food is being served (he doesn't eat meat because of the texture) or if something isn't lined up the correct way.

AITA for this?

Are you an rear end in a top hat for inviting your friend to a smaller, more intimate gathering that he enjoyed rather than the larger one that you and he both know he would not enjoy?

NTA

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
What on Earth makes you idiots think Islam is a race?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Zzulu posted:

Why would bathwater hospitalize anyone?

Because bacteria? Water comes out of the tap treated, but after soaking a person in it a couple of weeks is more than enough time for all kinds of junk to grow.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

i could have sworn that was from the SA big dog article but i guess i was wrong

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

revmoo posted:

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for mocking my cousin's mental disability?

quote:

congratulations you're a full-blown retard now. 

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

The Anti-Pete!

My [29M] girlfriend [25F] is on a holiday and is staying with her ex-boyfriend for a week

quote:

We've been dating for a little over 6 months and now she's gone on this overseas holiday to visit her ex-boyfriend (from a few years ago) but also has 2 other friends to see while she's there. To clarify, they're spending full days together and she's not just using him as a place to crash. Apparently they were together for a year or so and he's currently single.

I personally wouldn't think of doing the inverse to her, as I can imagine that me doing that would make her insecure or uncomfortable, but obviously it's her own choice to do so. I'm just not sure if it's worth saying that I feel insecure about it because probably nothing she could say would really be able to fix my insecurities. The activities they are doing (won't disclose them in case she sees this!) would usually be considered "romantic" activities, although that could be quite arbitrary. I just know that others that I've dated would be jealous and upset if they knew I was doing those activities with another woman, let alone an ex.

She hasn't given me a clear reason not to trust her, but as I said, we've only been dating for 6 months, so I am feeling quite insecure, especially as they dated for longer than we have. I would also be absolutely fine if she were to catch up with an ex or message an ex, just this specific incident makes me feel uncomfortable. I have also never seen any exes during our relationship or expressed any desire to do so.

Is it reasonable for me to feel insecure and to bring this up with her? I know that the only way my insecurities would be eased is if she told me she wouldn't do this again, but I feel that might unreasonable because she obviously thinks it's okay and wants to spend that kind of time with him as a friend. However, if she asked me not to see an ex-girlfriend (or at least not spend a week with an ex-grilfriend while staying at her house ) I personally would respect that because I wouldn't want to make her feel insecure.

tl:dr should I tell my girlfriend I feel insecure about her spending a week with her ex-boyfriend while she's staying at his house?

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

revmoo posted:

Yeah! Look at all the SE Asians who get profiled for being Muslim.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Power Khan posted:

(27F) I end up sleeping on the couch due to fear of my (28M) bf’s pet bunny.
So, he has a pet bunny that he keeps in the master bathroom and bedroom of his apartment. At night the bunny will get in bed and sleep with him. It’s a pretty new relationship. I don’t have issues with the bunny, but she is very territorial and hates me sleeping with him. She has nipped/bitten me twice now. So, I have a slight fear of her at night. It makes it hard for me sleep over or rest easy. He keeps getting upset to me for the fear and wants me to chill so she gets use to me. I can’t do it late at night while trying to sleep, and it’s either stay up all night, the couch, or drive home (which is not close). I am I wrong for being mad bout this?

Exclusive footage from their apartment yesterday.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Findom in a stable relationship is just...household management.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Who the hell leaves a rabbit out loose overnight?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dazerbeams posted:

Findom in a stable relationship is just...household management.

But sexy

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Barudak posted:

But sexy

If you don’t find balancing the books to be sexy on its own, you’re doing it wrong.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
wait, y'all dont play strip quickbooks?

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
My girlfriend (22F) has been sexting with someone online

quote:

Ok I’m really loving confused right now

I was on my girlfriends phone while she was asleep because she was being weird with her phone recently and I don’t like that poo poo and I found out that she is talking to some guy on Facebook. Not just talking, but telling him sexual fantasies and asking for photos. But I don’t know if this is real

She tells him to do ridiculous things. I don’t know if she’s seriously into this disturbing poo poo or if she’s bullying him. I kind of feel bad for this poor guy actually ... it’s weird stuff

She’s asked him to cover his dick in ketchup and mustard and put it in a hotdog bun and send a photo and then try to lick it off and he said he couldn’t reach and she called him pathetic poo poo, send videos of him humping pillows??. Saying he’s a bad boy. Telling him to stick very dangerous objects in his rear end. She asked him to send a video of him cumming on pancakes and then eating them afterwards. She also forwards these photos and videos to her girls group chat and they all laugh and come up with weird things to request for him to do.

Is this cheating? Or are they just a bunch of loving weirdos. Sex with my girlfriend is perfectly normal ,compared to this weird poo poo we are vanilla as gently caress. Idk what to say like this is loving not what I was expecting
Update to my girlfriend was sexting some guy

quote:

That night I told her that I know what she’s doing and I just needrd to know is she in love with this guy and getting off from this or is she bullying him and making fun of him. Both are horrible but idk

She said she wasn’t in love with him but it was fun because he’d do what she said and he was fine with her showing her friends. She sad she would never humiliate him like that by showing people if he didn’t want that. It was just loving weird like she wasn’t in love with him but she liked talking to him and doing this stuff. I don’t know what the gently caress it is. Apparently they met online and she likes being dominant and he’s not paying her

If she told me she wanted to be dominant with me, I would have listened to her and tried some stuff out. She didn’t have to sext with another guy. But I would never do gross poo poo like that and I could never get over the fact that she hosed did this so I broke up with her. She was really upset and promised she’d stop talking to him but damage is done

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.
Everything in that post makes you think the OP is going to end off with saying he's now also being humiliated or that she does this and he better be fine with it or she'll break up with him.

The fact he just ends it with, nope, damage done, I have to leave now, is kinda great and refreshing.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

drat folks, just tell people about your kinks.

Not on the first date or anything but get around to it at some point. More often than not people are way chiller about it than you'd expect and even if they aren't it's better to get out early before you resort to ordering internet randos to squeeze ketchup on their dick just to feel something.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jul 7, 2019

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

Coworker gave me a FUGLY necklace

I've noticed that there are a bunch of people, like that coworker, who seem to have this weird issue where they perceive all personal interactions as favorable to them. My dad is like this to some extent; he'll be chatting with the cashier when checking out at a store and will perceive what is obviously just them being polite as them being really interested in what he's saying.

Taken to an extreme, you end up with people being repeatedly rude/impolite to others (like the chair shaking in this post) and assuming their actions are fine because maybe 1/2 or 2/3 of the people don't respond directly negatively to it (and this allows them to interpret the people who *do* respond negatively as "well, clearly they're wrong since these other people are fine with it").

As far as I'm aware, there's no real solution to this in most cases. You can either put up with it, or push back and risk them starting a bunch of poo poo.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
I [15F] worry that my [16M] boyfriend is too mature for me.

quote:

Said boyfriend and I have been dating for about 3 months. These past three months have been amazing. We rarely argue and we’ve adopted this mindset of “us vs the problem” instead of “me vs you”. His self control and mindset towards everything sexual is absolutely beautiful to me, and the fact that he isn’t after that with me is great too. He’s everything I want in a guy and he never fails to show me attention/affection/gratitude. We first said I love you about 2/3 weeks ago and I mean it every time I say it, I’m sure he feels the same. He’s super supportive in everything I do and Im always the same way towards him. I know it sounds cliche to say, but I think we have something special here and I see it being very long term.

Here’s where the problem lies in my book. I’ve never been in a situation/relationship where I’m the LESS mature one. He’s not more mature by a lot but it was noticeable last night/today. We celebrated 3 months today and at midnight, I gave him a couple of posts on (2 or 3) my main story celebrating that. First time I’ve ever posted him or any guy that I’m with on my main story. The thing is he didn’t return the favor. It almost seemed like he didn’t care as much? He wished me a happy 3 months through text (after I said it) and that was kind of it. I told him ppl had been sliding up on my story saying nice things and that someone said “this is cute but did he post you?” (not true) and his response was “aw look i’ve got fans” I then said, “yeah and they’re waiting for you to post me. He called me out simply saying three things. “Not slick, mind games don’t work on me, and be patient (insert nickname he calls me every once in a while).” We talked a little more and he ended up saying he would post it after he finished playing games with his cousins (he only sees them about once a year). I was up this morning...still nothing. I know this shouldn’t matter especially since he’s posted me on his story before but like it does? And I know it’s a sign of my immaturity.

One more example that’s a little more reoccurring is the topic of sex/sexual acts in our relationship. He’s been away in another state for the past month or so because his parents sent him there. Let me make it clear that I do not want to have sex right now. Not in high school, the risks of it outweigh the positives for me. But with that being said, we’ve talked about doing other things which I’m completely fine with. But right now, with us separated, I get horny and it’s almost like he doesn’t. He’s super intent on not being tempted while he’s not close to me bc “he can’t do anything about it”. Dirty talk between us is almost non-existent and what’s weird is, usually this is something I’d desire in a guy but now I don’t think so. I know stuff will happen once he gets back but like...he’s doing nothing to hold me over and I get that he’s practicing patience and self control (two things I really need to work on) but it’s hard.

TLDR; bf didn’t really celebrate our anniversary as i would’ve liked to have seen it and called me out on trying to play mind games with him.

Anything is appreciated

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

therobit posted:

Doesn't matter even a little bit. They are reinforcing the sexualization of children with their gross interpretation of innocent photographs.

I'm not saying you need to indulge someone like this, but someone who was traumatized as a kid being ~triggered~ isn't the same as reinforcing the bad thing.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
My wife financially dominates me. It doesn’t turn me on.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Pinecone Sample posted:

My girlfriend (22F) has been sexting with someone online

Update to my girlfriend was sexting some guy

Is it cheating to ask someone to dress their dingus up like a hot dog?

God, I hope not. :ohdear:

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib
If she was only doing relish or even mustard then maybe the relationship would salvageable, but ketchup is definitely the most intimate of the penile humiliation condiments.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

dudeness posted:

If she was only doing relish or even mustard then maybe the relationship would salvageable, but ketchup is definitely the most intimate of the penile humiliation condiments.

Should have gone tex-mex and thrown some mango salsa on there for a real zing. Maybe he would stay around if you offered bold southwest flavors?

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

My Boyfriend Wants Me to Humiliate Him for a Terrible Reason

quote:

Dear How to Do It,

I am a woman seeing a new man, and we waited a few dates to sleep together, mostly because he didn’t try. I didn’t think much of it, but when we did have sex, he was sheepish to take off his underwear, and yep, it turns out he has a small penis. This is OK for me—I do prefer some size, but he’s eager and good at other things, so I am not too worried about it. (I’m pretty sure he’s below average, if you’re wondering what I mean by “small”; I’d say 4 inches or fewer.)

He eventually opened up and confirmed the reason he waited to initiate sex is that he wanted to get to know me a little bit so I wouldn’t reject him outright. I was a little hurt by this, but I understand he’s had bad experiences. However, he also told me that his past experiences with women, especially as a teenager, have given him a fetish to be ridiculed for his small penis. I guess it happened enough that it turns him on. Basically, he was embarrassed to tell me he likes to be embarrassed because of his junk. This just feels wrong to me. I don’t want to “kink shame,” or whatever, but I also do not think it’s right for me to further pathologize a normal dick variation, even if he wants me to. I also feel like he should get therapy for this. What do you think?

—Small Problem

I'm not gonna bother posting the whole response because the two of them ramble on and on. But to paraphrase their advice: "This is a garden-variety humiliation kink and asking him to get therapy is too much. But you are completely fine to say that you aren't into this."

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Pinecone Sample posted:

I [15F] worry that my [16M] boyfriend is too mature for me.

D'aaawww. They're so cute at that age.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

DemoneeHo posted:

My Boyfriend Wants Me to Humiliate Him for a Terrible Reason

I'm not gonna bother posting the whole response because the two of them ramble on and on. But to paraphrase their advice: "This is a garden-variety humiliation kink and asking him to get therapy is too much. But you are completely fine to say that you aren't into this."

it's not that weird, just don't put a toothpick in it when you make pigs in a blanket

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

🙄 he knew exactly what he was doing and even says as much in the story.

None of this is ok and it’s quite frankly offensive to Muslims.

But it’s ok because the white person was racist.

It’s cool though let’s keep setting back cultural acceptance.

Hi can you maybe please shut the gently caress up?

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

dudeness posted:

Have you seen that gross commercial where the little girl defiles her hot dog by slathering it with peanut butter--then blames the Internet for her bizarre taste? Now just imagine this guy using a knife to spread pb on his dick.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Khazar-khum posted:

Have you seen that gross commercial where the little girl defiles her hot dog by slathering it with peanut butter--then blames the Internet for her bizarre taste? Now just imagine this guy using a knife to spread pb on his dick.

rather serendipitous that i am eating a banana with peanut butter right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib

Khazar-khum posted:

Have you seen that gross commercial where the little girl defiles her hot dog by slathering it with peanut butter--then blames the Internet for her bizarre taste?

I have now, she doesn't even eat it!

Also I bought some green and purple ketchup off ebay for some 90's retro dick humiliation.