Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

D-Pad posted:

Our newborn was sleeping 8 hours a night by the time she was a month old and all our friends who have them have had similar experiences. It's made things infinitel better than our first kid who woke up every 2 hours to feed for months.

But what if I don't want to choose? Maybe I want my kid to be poorly rested and malnourished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Lobok posted:

But what if I don't want to choose? Maybe I want my kid to be poorly rested and malnourished.

It just resulted in her cluster feeding before bed which in turn means she gets milk drunk and is way easier to put to sleep. Good thing all around.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

dialhforhero posted:

I understand that Clamato is Clam and Tomato.

I was, however, disappointed to find out what was in Orangina.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tulip posted:

this rules and provokes a lot of questions

like if it's super viscous, why would it go through anything like a urethra?

doin the piss math

Let's go easy on the vulcans cuz crude has a huge range in viscosity, I'm seeing between 2 and 11000, let's just say 100 mm/s, and being extremely lazy and assuming that it's 1000 kg/m^3 which is on the high end but it saves time. So assuming they got junk like humans, on account of them being able to gently caress humans, urethra is either about 20 or 5 cm depending on external vs internal, diameter of 3mm, and flow rate of 20 ml/s.

Plugging this into Hagen–Poiseuille, I'm getting 201 kPa for the pressure difference between the bladder and atmosphere. Human bladders will typically get up to about 3-4 kPa when you really gotta piss, so yeah the Vulcan bladder is a miracle of engineering.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

lmao. legit hard lmao

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Cacafuego posted:

Who took that photo?

A gallery https://imgur.com/gallery/sUEF1hI (not actually related)

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

D-Pad posted:

I started shaving at 6 years old. I had a large patch under my chin of peach fuzz type hair that if not shaved would grow out like a billy goat.

...Petrus Gonsalvus? Is that you?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Goonsalvus

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Atrocious Joe posted:

You're driving to a cousin's house across the state. Your now former neighborhood was suddenly occupied by a KAGA militia group the a few days before. The frontlines had been in the suburbs for months, and no one you knew thought the chuds had the manpower for a new offensive. They'd managed to break into the city two days ago, and yesterday the loyal National Guard units started hitting back hard. The KAGA chuds were too busy securing their position to do their normal purges of the libs and degenerates, so you had time to pack up and get the gently caress out. You're not that close to your cousin, but she'd texted you when she saw your city had just turned into an active warzone.

You've been avoiding the main interstates, and so far all the roads Google Maps recommended have had intact bridges. You think you've finally had some good luck after some very lovely days, but then you see something ahead. It's a check point. It's too late to turn back, they've seen you. If you pull around they'd just race to catch up, and their trucks are probably in better shape than your car.

You don't know who's running it. The vehicles and buildings are unmarked. The men with guns have black facemasks but no identifying uniform.

As you pull up to the barricade a masked man with an M-16 approaches your window. You roll it down.

"Please stay in your car. Can I see your ID." You turn over your expired drivers license. It's been months since the DMV was open.

"Why are you driving this way?" he says handing back the license. He's glancing at your car's backseats, which aren't very full despite holding everything you own.

You explain you are going to stay with family after some bad luck, and didn't want to risk the interstates. He seems to accept that explanation.

You think you're about to be let through, but then your heart drops as you see the man reach into a pouch.

The next words you say will determine if you live or die.

The man is holding up a can of off-brand cola. "Just one last thing. What's this called?"

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

From what "what did you cook for dinner tonight" thread in GWS:

tokyo reject posted:

salmon caesars tonight and freezing the rest

Fenris13 posted:

I am happy to see you are practicing social fishtancing.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
a real surgical mask, too. healthcare workers can't get one but goons are giving them to fish

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Holy poo poo, that last line creates a masterpiece :stare:.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for naming my daughter "lasagna"?

oh no computer posted:

I don't get it, the name seems completely nermal to me.

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

A derail that livened up the dreary gbs boomer thread

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

thepopmonster posted:

Made from the finest bends-O steel.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Gripweed posted:

Isn't "all of my friends should be friends with each other" the first entry in that old essay about nerd fallacies about friendship? You're taking it like three deranged steps further with "all of the people who pretend to have the same friends by listening to a podcast should be friends with that podcast's friends"

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Sagebrush posted:

god: what are the humans doing?
angel: they are making rice out of cauliflower.
god: why the gently caress are they doing that? i gave them like 20 different rice plants and a million other grains.
angel: they don't like that rice.
god: ThEy dOn'T LiKe tHaT RiCe

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

loving outstanding

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Flavius Aetass posted:

the Beverly Hillbillies but the dad is desperately trying to plug up oil holes he keeps shooting into his property

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

lmao

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Dumb Lowtax posted:

a real surgical mask, too. healthcare workers can't get one but goons are giving them to fish

Anyone can get them. They are just being sold at prices health authorities aren't willing to pay. You can go buy a crate of them on alibaba right now, and donate them to whoever you want when you get them in 2-3 weeks.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Pastry of the Year posted:

the existence of a PYF subforum implies the existence of a PYF domforum

...members only

Field Mousepad posted:

My body is ready.

I want gently caress

Somfin posted:

mod is dom spelled backward

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:whip:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Now we have a featherdom to go with our findom.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

god yes shove that millet where the sun don’t shine

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

Leavemywife posted:

What did Rand Paul's neighbor do?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Push El Burrito posted:

I am entirely too hosed up after learning pickles are watermelons.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Inceltown posted:

Holy poo poo you're still wrong.

Watermelon are pickles.

Dannywilson posted:

Wait, you're the funny reefer man?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

gary oldmans diary posted:

couldnt we have just bought another $500B in f-35s instead of giving them the money for basically nothing in return

Solice Kirsk posted:

What are we gonna do with two more planes?

Mega64 posted:

You can accomplish a lot with two planes!

and also

Negostrike posted:

A NASCAR driver being racist. Who could have seen this coming?

peter gabriel posted:

It's surprising given how left they usually lean

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Literally Esoteric posted:

Yeah but who would counterfeit a pigeon??

Dannywilson posted:

Aliexpress.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
https://www.pigeon.coo/downloads

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Outrail posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:filez:

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

The best was inceltown not realizing they'd copped to an 88 year old gag.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Outrail posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol, owned

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Dannywilson posted:

The best was inceltown not realizing they'd copped to an 88 year old gag.

I can 100% assure you that I had never heard of that song. It's great that I accidentally stumbled into setting up a joke there but I genuinely didn't have a clue as to the story behind that pickle being funny other than looking strange.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Ignimbrite posted:

vagina dentata, what a horrible phrase

Memento posted:

it means no weiner
for the rest of your daaaaayyyyysss

Chitin posted:

It’s a penis free
Vasectomy

Also I recommend following the link for a technically worksafe thing that looks impressively NWS, but not if you're at work.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Inceltown posted:

lol, owned

No regrats

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Also I recommend following the link for a technically worksafe thing that looks impressively NWS, but not if you're at work.

A free, no-surgery
Phallectomy!

Vagina dentata!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

Anyone can get them. They are just being sold at prices health authorities aren't willing to pay. You can go buy a crate of them on alibaba right now, and donate them to whoever you want when you get them in 2-3 weeks.

Yeah about that... they just arrested a guy here who did the Alibaba thing but instead of donating, sold them to hospitals. The problem is the authorities had them tested and they're not only not fit for protecting against COVID-19, they're not fit for anything. Possibly also toxic.

Fine to give to a fish though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
Yeah those are Level 1 masks, and assuming they aren’t carcinogenic they’re really only good as booger catchers for people leaving their homes. They become damp very quickly and can turn into virus hotels for your face if exposed to a significant viral load, but they’re excellent at containing droplets, so if most people wear them, the air stays clean and they’re very good protection for lay people picking up milk and eggs at the QFC.

However, I really seriously do not recommend getting them from alibaba or wish. There are lots and lots of chemicals that can be used to make masks droplet-resistant and unwelcoming to germs, and only a few of those are safe for humans.