Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

In which, in June of last year, a goon willed COVID-19 into being by praying for boomer blood:

JonathonSpectre posted:

"I love my granddaughter Kayla SOOOOO much, she's the most important thing in my life by far. Also, the climate has ALWAYS been changing! So what if there's no winter, or oceans! Did I mention how much I love my family and my granddaughter? They're so important! Not important enough for me to engage in the slightest bit of critical thought or introspection, though! It was cold outside yesterday anyway! Oh I love you guys so much. You're so important to me. What's that, stop voting for the people destroying your future? Well, honey, let's not get too worked up now... did you know the climate has always been changing?"

Join me in praying, every day, for the Boomer Flu of 2019-2020. This might be our last chance. Come on biology. Come on evolution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Elector_Nerdlingen posted:

Opening scene, a massive car chase in the desert, explosions everywhere. Fist fights on top of trucks. Cars smashing together and ramping off dunes and dudes flying off and getting left behind or run over, zoom in on a desperate struggle for control of the steering wheel of the last V8, the participants are a mohawk'd dude with a broken off harpoon buried in his shoulder, and Hyphz' character Measure Max. Max, what do you do?

Hyphz: What's the distance from my own center of mass to the inside second-from-rearmost wheel of the third biggest truck? I get out my calipers if I have to.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

That thread is a trip.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Kenning posted:

In which, in June of last year, a goon willed COVID-19 into being by praying for boomer blood:

Speaking of JonathonSpectre, does anyone have his Golden Corral posts handy?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Speaking of JonathonSpectre, does anyone have his Golden Corral posts handy?
Search my posts in in this thread. It’s my third post.

E: here we go https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749412&perpage=40#post452402892

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Uptime Sinclair posted:

Search my posts in in this thread. It’s my second post after mjq jazzbar

Thank you very much! Man, is it bad that makes me kind of miss buffets?

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

Not at all. Dinner theater, baby!

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Julius CSAR posted:

Everyone there seems to think “oh it’s just her way of keeping a diary, she’s an analyst!” But that’s like, some loving stalker poo poo. Dude obviously shouldn’t have peaked behind the curtain, but if I found out my girlfriend had compiled a CIA level dossier on me complete with a pro/con list I’d be a bit upset.

Licarn posted:

Turns out it's not the violence or the wars that attract sociopaths, it's the spreadsheets.

McSpanky posted:

The Computer Wore Birkenstocks

Clicking through highly advised

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

comedyblissoption posted:

the market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent

Vomik posted:

the market can remain insolvent longer than you can stay rational

Wheany posted:

the market can seem rational longer if you inhale solvents

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Bea Nanner posted:

The BiNet Funding Bill is passed. The system goes online on April 28th, 2020. Human decisions are removed from strategic defense. BiNet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 AM, Eastern time, May 23rd. In a panic, they try to pull the plug.

BiNet fights back.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Grandmother of Five posted:

Arf is a known troll. Not sure if anyone remembers, but he was disrespectful to the regulars of various fat-mocking GBS threads, and he failed to show respect to the Goons who made an app that plays The Crazy Frog theme whenever someone dies on Mt. Everest. For years he has failed to treat the kind of threads where people post about bitcoins and how huge the xbox is, with the gravitas that they deserve.

Now he has gone completely off the rails, and he is saying things like "Floppy Drive Marcus"; he needs to be stopped.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Kenning posted:

Error: comedy not detected.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

Error: comedy not detected.

GOTO: Monitor Joke

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Ferrule posted:

GOTO: Monitor Joke
Don't sign your posts.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

DogFUCKER44 posted:

It wasn't anything to get all goon-charged over. Not like furry stuff. Stuff with her pet snake. Sensual stuff. It was nothing crazy like we hosed a snake don't turn this into something it's not.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Isn't he the guy who literally claimed to have tricked his girlfriend into getting, uh, well, look at his username.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
The very same!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Bless his wee soul.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Paladinus posted:

Why are there two Rikers?

Arthur Bowlsworth posted:

transporter accident

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

"Captain, we're being hailed by multiple frequencies!"
"Onscreen."
"All of them? But sir, they'll all talk over each other! We don't have host mute control!"

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Explains why O'Brien isn't in the chat, he's stuck in a Jeffery's Tube finding the one panel to fix everything.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Speaking of tubes

Jonny 290 posted:

everything elon musk has worked on

EVERY SINGLE THING

has had the goal of being able to serve protected ogliarchs that do not want to interact with The Poors

Paypal: send money without having to talk to a filthy bank teller or western union teller
Tesla: drive around without having to talk to a filthy gas station attendant
Starlink: Get internet in your lodge without having to let a filthy cable guy in
SpaceX: Escape the planet full of filthy poors
Hyperloop: provide high speed rail that's not vulnerable to the filthy poors Sherman's Necktie-ing the tracks
Grimes: gently caress a pop star without having to interact with filthy fans of good music

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I've read a few things saying that they're probably not coming back anytime soon, if at all.

It's really sort of weird that they ever existed in the first place. I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I haven't eaten myself sick at a buffet, but... hell, maybe that's a certain sort of unsustainable excess better off sunsetted.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pastry of the Year posted:

I've read a few things saying that they're probably not coming back anytime soon, if at all.

It's really sort of weird that they ever existed in the first place. I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I haven't eaten myself sick at a buffet, but... hell, maybe that's a certain sort of unsustainable excess better off sunsetted.
There was always the giant difference between eating yourself sick at the buffet and eating at the buffet and getting sick.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I only went and overstuffed myself at a buffet once, and it was so unpleasant I never did it again. I usually just hit up a bunch of different stations for lots of small amounts of different stuff. I prefer the variety over the quantity.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

proof positive that pastry is not a millennial: in their time of need, they ate neither avocado nor rear end

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

By now every single thing that ever existed must have its own article panically claiming IT'S NEVER COMING BACK because it's how you make new headlines innit.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Man Musk posted:

3 million years of goon evolution has given u the gift of survival, use it well *alt tabs back into The Urbz: Sims in the City*

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1255941297803857922

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Dip Viscous posted:

The cashier at the liquor store I go to all the time is my aunt. I see that cashier all the time because I'm always buying liquor. I see my aunt all the time. I'm so faceblind that I never put together that she worked there until a couple of hours ago when she mentioned one of my recent purchases.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Moon Slayer posted:

Finding bags of drugs on the street is the closest thing we have to video game powerups.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Like when you find a hamburger in a dumpster.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I love Earthbound!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I want to short, but I remember these quotes.

Kitfox88 posted:

quote:

the market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent

quote:

the market can remain insolvent longer than you can stay rational

quote:

the market can seem rational longer if you inhale solvents

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

lmao, I totally posted that in the wrong thread.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

"Ok Jimmy, I need you to secure the perimeter. The Mayor and his friends are on their way here and they're fightin' mad."
"Got it, boss."
"Now Jimmy, remember what I said last time. No more putting food around the HQ. None of this hiding piping hot full roasted turkeys behind oil drums, y'hear?"
"Got it, boss."
"Ok good-- hey, whaddya headed to the kitchen for?!"

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Brawnfire posted:

I went to get flour from the local Democratic stockpile, but it had lesser-of-two weevils in it

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

PT6A posted:

I wasn't gonna insider trade / but then I got high
Not gonna tweet a strange tirade / but then I got high
Now SEC is up my rear end / and I know why
Because I got high, because I got high, because I got high...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Danaru posted:

Sexual Fairy Murder is exactly the kind of band that would become famous because the lead singer argued with Tom Hanks about Qanon over twitter, and then it would come out that he posted pictures of himself vaping piss years ago on facebook, and no one would ever remember as anything besides "that pissvape guy that got dunked on by David S. Pumpkins"