Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

flavor.flv posted:

We have opossums in the area and one night I opened the back door and smacked one right in the face. It didn't hiss, it didn't play dead, it just shook it off and walked away. It didn't even run. I felt lowkey insulted by that

we used to have so many porcupines living around my house growing up that you'd have to be careful when you went out onto the front porch this time of year because there was a pretty good chance you might trip over a startled porcupine that was innocently eating an old jack-o-lantern

funny quote:

SyNack Sassimov posted:

goon can't find the platypusary, news at 11

Gravid Topiary has a new favorite as of 08:13 on Nov 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

External Organs posted:

George: I jumped into a hole in my front yard and emerged 5 minutes later, like a newborn baby, from another hole right next to Yankee stadium. Right next to Steinbrenner's parking spot!
Jerry: It's unbelievable!
George: Death to Israel, Jerry! Death to America! I'm a Hamas man now!

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

External Organs posted:

George: I jumped into a hole in my front yard and emerged 5 minutes later, like a newborn baby, from another hole right next to Yankee stadium. Right next to Steinbrenner's parking spot!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slćgt skal fřlge slćgters gang

hell,why not

External Organs posted:

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Oposums would be more popular if it wasn't so easy to confuse them for enormous rats when you see them outside at night

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

From the schad thread

StrixNebulosa posted:

Stalked by the Kraken by Lillian Lark is FREE! This is book one in the Monstrous Matches series, and we’ve featured other books in this series before. This one features a matchmaking witch, a kraken, and a no-strings attached relationship.

A matchmaking witch, an ancient sea creature, and the sex contract they make.
Welcome to the Love Bathhouse where desire and acceptance are in the water.

The Witch
Celibacy is a bad look for a matchmaker.

Especially a matchmaker who works at the kind of paranormal bathhouse that would have grandmothers clutching their pearls.
A worse look is a matchmaker experiencing a crisis of confidence.
I am that matchmaker.

We need raw magic, desperately.

And now a mysterious man walks into my office, offering me the exact solution I need.
The problem is that he wants to be matched… with me.
Matching doesn’t work for me; I found that out the hard way.

The Kraken
I saw her and the creature inside me wanted.

She doesn’t want a relationship. She says that the most we can have are the three nights she promised me, but the dark part of myself isn’t going to let the woman who snared its attention go.

I found her. I hunted her. She’s mine.

**Stalked by the Kraken is a monster romance that features tentacles. This book is a standalone and takes place in the same world as, and prior to the events of, Three of Hearts with some character crossover.

Content Warning: Book includes breeding behavior and mentions infertility

darkwasthenight posted:

A different mod, please!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Was just about to post

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Karate Bastard posted:

Was just about to post

Please don’t

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:killemall: Rap Battle: Fictional Characters :killemall:

Susan Calvin posted:

So back in November 2008, there was the greatest thread. Rap Battle Time...Historical Figures Edition!

I want to challenge you all to bring back the funny. FICTIONAL STYLE!

And because it's not an OP without an example, I bring you MC Jimmy Kirk!

HEY
Listen up, all your riders of Space and Time
Jimmy K. is back and he bringing the rhyme.
I got my boy Bones (yo), and this pointy-eared gently caress (what?)
And you better believe our rhymes don't suck.

That fucker over there, from the Eugenics war
Rolling through space like he don't know the score
Sorry bout your wife, you stringy haired freak
But stop your crying, that poo poo is weak.

This is Ceti Alpha Four? Well, gently caress, my bad
I'm just glad those slugs ain't in my pad.
But get your fingers outta Chekov's brain
Causing my Russian innumerable pain

Oh, you wanna play? Okay, bring it on.
This is my wrath. You? You're just KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN.
Gonna visit my son on the Genesis Project
And by the time we leave, your poo poo'll be real wrecked.

You wanna tell me that you made me hurt?
That pain ain't so bad, just put on a shirt.
And sit over here and listen real hard
I'm a better captain than Jean-Luc Picard.

This CAPTAIN Jimmy Kirk, keeping it real
Using my lasers to make your rear end kneel
The needs of the many and the needs of the few
Oh, poor Spock, we gotta say "Thank you."

And we're sending you off, to rest so soft
To a brand new planet where the breezes waft
All the souls I ever met in my time,
Yours was the most human, friend of mine.

And Bones has your katra, so it's all good
We'll come and find you, that's understood.
So don't you Trekkies and Trekkers fret
Search For Spock is coming up next!

thiscommercialsucks posted:

yo yo my name is fakepostin' and im here to say
im fat and stupid and the internet's gay
i may be thin one of these days
but right now
im not

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Six bans in three years is a commendable effort

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

from PYF thing dragging games down

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

im playing horizon zero dawn and its a pretty good take on an ubisoft game with a bit of gameplay clutter but the egregious thing that bums me out about it is how much it feels like you should be able to climb on anything and you cant. i can kind of see how botw stole its thunder despite being very different games. did they ever improve on that with the sequel or nah?

Oxxidation posted:

they made it worse. turns out "you can climb anything you want" doesn't work so well in that engine

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

disappointing but im liking the story and characters enough to still check it out at some point maybe

oldpainless posted:

It’s still a really good game and worth your time. Not my time because mine is cataclysmically valuable but certainly worth your much less valuable time. I can only play the very best games because of the time thing.

In the Switch port of 2017s Japanese visual novel “which wife do I choose” Korakino’s blond hair changes from a dirty blond to a sandy blond and there’s no option for me to comment upon it. Inexcusable.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slćgt skal fřlge slćgters gang

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

holy gently caress

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:russbus: I GOT A COUPON FOR YOU... UNBAN UR ACCOUNT FOR ONLY 10 BUX! HAHA :russbus:

notagoon posted:

Doing this in Coupons because it really is my favorite forum. The Free Magazine Subscription thread? Awesome. A big "Thank you :)" to everyone involved with that. Hopefully soon I'll have some freakin' money to spend on the great deals posted here; I desperately need some shoes and a kewl bag, and another hard drive wouldn't be bad either. So yeah, there's a reason this is the only gray forum I like; that reason is each and every one of you. Keep posting amazing stuff y'all!

-Ken

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

Taeke posted:

The real assholes are mosquitoes and flies.

Flies are annoying but they act as food to cool frogs I guess.

Mosquitoes on the other hand, gently caress 'em. If it weren't for mosquitoes spreading around the worst loving diseases known to man, I bet most societies in Africa would have probably discovered nuclear fission by 800BC.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
They suck but half the world's terrestrial ecosystems would probably collapse if it weren't for mosquitoes.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Outrail posted:

They suck but half the world's terrestrial ecosystems would probably collapse if it weren't for mosquitoes.

We could replace them with bees.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Paladinus posted:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Nuns with Guns posted:

Laughing now because the latest news post says there's going to be 4 starting vampire clans, a 5th added as DLC later, and a 6th as "unique standalone DLC." Also the conceit is you're an elder vampire who got depowered, and you have a thinblood modern vampire guy in your brain to commentate on poo poo Johnny Silverhand-style.

Nobody is going to be happy with this.

Oxxidation posted:

i think a lot about how depressing it must be to work for years on something you know is going to be a complete turkey

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Try asking your parents

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Paladinus posted:

Needs to be something that can transfer down the food chain. Blood is the easiest way unfortunately.

Unless we train herbivores to drink apex predator's blood directly.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Outrail posted:

Needs to be something that can transfer down the food chain. Blood is the easiest way unfortunately.

Unless we train herbivores to drink apex predator's blood directly.

Spray bees with blood.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

what now, mosquito defenders

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Destruct the one blood-sucking mosquito species. The others can stay.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

:eyepop:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Those are the guys that spread malaria, right? gently caress those guys.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Facebook Aunt posted:

Those are the guys that spread malaria, right? gently caress those guys.

There are over a hundred species of mosquito that can spread malaria, and thousands more that are vectors of other serious diseases.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Platystemon posted:

There are over a hundred species of mosquito that can spread malaria, and thousands more that are vectors of other serious diseases.

First I'm hearing of this

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Sounds like they'll just all have to go, then. My hands are tied, nothing I can do :shrug:

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Sounds like they'll just all have to go, then. My hands are tied, nothing I can do :shrug:

Hello sir I -
*briefcase full of parasitoid wasps falls open*

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

what now, mosquito defenders

Sad post-username combo

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Elissimpark posted:

Hello sir I -

All WASPs are parasites

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

SHISHKABOB posted:

"Turning back, when they reached the bottom of the green hollow, they saw Goldberry, now small and slender like a sunlit flower against the sky: she was standing still watching them, and her hands were stretched out towards them. As they looked she gave a clear call, and lifting up her hand she turned and vanished behind the hill."

I'm always troubled by these bits for silly reasons because I'm like "what did she call???"

"Have a good trip!"

Or maybe she just yelled an inarticulate syllable, like "AAAHHHHHH" but in a Goldberry way.

webmeister posted:

She’s standing on the top of a hill, so “gave a clear call” obviously means she had excellent phone reception

Tree Bucket posted:

No, that's her sister, Blackberry

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

There was a story, I can't remember who wrote it, where they were trying to convict a guy by doing a blood test but he protested on religious grounds and it looked like he was going to get away with it. But the detective was friends with a biologist doing research on mosquitoes and managed to convinced his friend to loan him thousands of mosquitoes. He then found the air duct the cell where the guy was holed up and released the mosquitoes there overnight and collected them later. His friend collected enough to build a sample to ascertain the guy's dna to get him convicted. Like obviously it's fictional but lol at sleeping in a closed cell with thousands of bugs sucking your blood and flying into your ears.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

The Saddest Rhino posted:

There was a story, I can't remember who wrote it, where they were trying to convict a guy by doing a blood test but he protested on religious grounds and it looked like he was going to get away with it. But the detective was friends with a biologist doing research on mosquitoes and managed to convinced his friend to loan him thousands of mosquitoes. He then found the air duct the cell where the guy was holed up and released the mosquitoes there overnight and collected them later. His friend collected enough to build a sample to ascertain the guy's dna to get him convicted. Like obviously it's fictional but lol at sleeping in a closed cell with thousands of bugs sucking your blood and flying into your ears.

Typically how they get DNA from people who don't want to cough up a sample is offer them, like, coffee or a can of coke, and retrieve the cup/can/whatever from the trash. Killers have been convicted because they couldn't shake the habit of tossing cigarette butts wherever. Literally undone by habitual littering.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Good, gently caress smokers who don't clean up their drat cig butts.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Typically how they get DNA from people who don't want to cough up a sample is offer them, like, coffee or a can of coke, and retrieve the cup/can/whatever from the trash. Killers have been convicted because they couldn't shake the habit of tossing cigarette butts wherever. Literally undone by habitual littering.

Joke's on you, coppers! I only vape stuff that near-instantly denatures any DNA it touches! Try getting evidence off THAT! Ha!

...:zombie:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Lifehack:

Randomly pick up cigarette butts from the street and keep them in a Ziploc bag. Drop a few at the scene of your many crimes to force the authorities to waste time analysing unrelated DNA.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Elissimpark posted:

Hello sir I -
Strong opening scene, would you like a critically acclaimed 12 episode EU produced miniseries or a US-produced 8 season run that people swear gets good again around season 7?

Splicer has a new favorite as of 15:20 on Nov 5, 2023

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

FreudianSlippers posted:

Lifehack:

Randomly pick up cigarette butts from the street and keep them in a Ziploc bag. Drop a few at the scene of your many crimes to force the authorities to waste time analysing unrelated DNA.

"Hey I beat that butt-collector dude everyone knows did this!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

"that butt-collector !"

starring Denzel Washington