Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
I saw this at the Walmart in Lubbock, TX. The photo didn't come out very well with my cellphone camera, but it was covered in stickers and kanji.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
These aren't the most ridiculous ape hangers I've seen, but they're getting close.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

ranathari posted:

Time to bust out the classic again.

This is what I was referring to.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
These guys were blasting down the 110 today (at 70+ mph). Is it common for stuntazzz to run super-low tire pressures or does this seem normal?

MetaJew fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Aug 3, 2009

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Edit: Repost, sorry.

MetaJew fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Sep 10, 2009

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

Revenant.Eagle posted:

Riding scurrzz me!

I guess that's one way to put lights on race plastics.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

Jack the Smack posted:

My friend's bike has a light drilled in one side that's circular, and the other side has an eye patch with a jolly roger.

So it looks something like this:

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
It looks like all of the hipsters got together for a moped group ride today.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

RichBomb posted:

Ultra slo-motion Isle of Man hotness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRpHJlaG_-U

Was this necessary?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRpHJlaG_-U#t=3m03s

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

Tsaven Nava posted:

Yeah, just from looking how he went down I bet he's messed up his left shoulder and arm pretty well. But I think that vest and helmet did save him from a lot more severe injury. *edit* You can actually hear it thunk against the pavement

And all things considered, this was a really low-speed crash, he couldn't have been going much faster then 30mph. I've heard the "I don't need a helmet, I don't go very fast" from my brother on his scooter before, this proves that it doesn't matter the speed, you can get srsly hosed up.

Concerning people wearing back protectors, helmets, and tennis shoes: Can I repost these awesome stuntaz going 70+ on the 110? (Photos taken during the summer when I was in LA).

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

KozmoNaut posted:

I have no idea :psyduck:

When he goes down he'll remember to slide only on the armored points, right?

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

Dubs posted:

Someone post the moped rap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_kIUSr7-is

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
How much weight do they actually put on the foot? I remember reading over at supermotojunkie that you could really mess yourself up if you do it wrong.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
I half expected him to slide into oncoming traffic.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
edit: I didn't see the link, never mind.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

Jack the Smack posted:

I didn't think the Stig's helmet (Simpson?) was certified as a motorcycle helmet?

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

Gullous posted:

BIG EXHAUST = BIG POWER

And he is proud enough to put his name on it! :smith:

Edit: Oh wow z3n already highlighted his insanity. I feel sorry for people who know him.

Sharvin Rezaiy posted:

Always check your work before using it. Make sure your gp exhaust is fit prefectly and does not move in any direction.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

soy posted:

This is great, I wish we had PSA's like this in America. I literally can't remember the last time I saw someone wearing anything beyond the bare minimum of safety gear on a motorcycle in Los Angeles. (except when I look at myself)

I lived in LA (well, Pasadena) last summer, and I recall seeing one or two guys wearing one-piece leather suits on the 210. Otherwise, all I saw were squids stunnaz.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Is there a :stare: with wider eyes?

(2 minutes in MS paint?)

\/\/\/\/\/ Well that makes much more sense.

MetaJew fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Sep 4, 2010

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

motodildo.

All the stuntas do it.

Positioning is important. Place it towards the back of the seat for ultra stable wheelies, or farther forward for stoppies.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

-Inu- posted:

Yeah, that's a pit road speed limiter.

Here's a short little video I edited up with all of the footage I shot in 2011:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbaNoneKzpE

I really need to get my own Gopro. Constantly bumming them off of friends is a pain.

Today's your lucky day!
HD Hero on sale for $160 with free shipping.
http://www.techbargains.com/news_displayItem.cfm/288521

I'm debating buying this, or just hold out and buy the HD Hero2 when the price goes down. I borrowed a friend's Hero a few weeks ago for a ski trip and had a lot of fun with it, but the improvements to the new model sound very nice.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
This looked fairly tidy as far as cafe-ish bikes are concerned.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

clutchpuck posted:

Intermot 2012!

That's the stator right?

That's the clutch pack.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
At least when I played paintball-- forever ago, the pros used nitrogen systems. I believe they operated at a higher pressure, and possibly didn't freeze out like CO2 guns would when fired rapidly.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

Slavvy posted:

I need that. So...badly...

Can't ride it in the rain though, I've never understood that about bikes like that. If everything is meant to be functional, why don't the air filters have rain protection so I can ride when it isn't perfect sunshine?

Well it's also missing fenders.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

obso posted:

So what's the up-side to them?

Perhaps it's preferred on race bikes because you don't have to drain the oil to replace it or service it. Then that trickled down to the consumer market.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

Everyone's probably seen all the rnickeymouse videos already, but here's one I hadn't before. Watch plenty of motorcyclists on Mulholland be almost killed by LA idiot hell fuckers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoBg9vmKbz0

I'll tell you, despite the appeal of riding such a famous stretch of road, that looks like just instant death waiting to happen.

A guy I worked with when I was out in LA did this all the way up the road to Mt. Wilson Observatory. Crossing every double yellow and going into the oncoming lane around blind corners. I was sure this would get us killed, and it gave the other passengers in the car motion sickness. I believe he told a girl that was with us, "You have to drive this road like a race track."

Needless to say, Los Angeles is full of some real assholes.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
I went to the Saturday and Sunday festivities of MotoGP at the Circuit of the Americas. Surprisingly, the Moto3 races were the most exciting. Moto2 was pretty boring, and MotoGP was uninteresting after about the first 2 laps. At that point there was very little going on, other than a 30 second lead.

Spaniards won all three races.

Click to embiggen:

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

rotaryfun posted:

I picked up some LED bolts that I still need to throw on there. So hopefully that helps the situation at least a little.

I bought some of these from Cycle Gear a few months back. My thoughts are that the lights are plenty bright and do the job. However, they were way overpriced, and the gauge used for the wiring was about as large as a human hair, and an enormous pain in the rear end to try and solder anything to. Not to mention that there are no crimp on connectors for such a small piece of wire.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

Was taken at last year's Harvest Classic?

(click)

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

Can someone post the original. I'm having a terrible time trying to find it.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
When I was in Chamonix back in 2007 apparently they were street legal in France.

(Click for big)

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
This is one of my favorite paint schemes. I think someone on here also owns one.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
That observatory with the footbridge looks kind of like Mt. Wilson: Confirm/Deny?

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

I'm confused about why this has dual exhaust cans. Unless there's a second turbo on the other side, I don't see the point.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

obso posted:

The exhaust on the left is a screamer pipe (it's the exhaust that the wastegate bypasses around the turbine at full boost).

Ohshi. That is awesome. I couldn't see where that pipe was coming from. I was assuming that the exhaust side of the turbo was just split into two pipes.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

Skreemer posted:

The progressive motorcycle show that's touring made its stop in Dallas:

Here's my album from the show

Cool photos. I'm really sad that this bike show stopped coming to Houston. Even worse, it looks like they've basically stopped doing test rides.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

hot sauce posted:

New rnmickeymouse video of someone panic braking in a turn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBils1cdNg4

Is he wearing chaps? :raise:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

M42 posted:

^ Don't bother trying to find the last one. Guy took em off a ferarri.

So, with these are the headlights in the Ferrari stacked one on top of the other, or are they mounted horizontally? I ask because, isn't there a little piece of metal in the projector housing acting as a cutoff? It seems like if you wanted to use any car headlight you would have to modify the cutoff or completely remove it.