Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Zarlog posted:

This one should be easy. It is currently being discussed in a thread on SA somewhere, but I can't find it. It's the movie with no dialog that looks like it inspired the "cursed video" in The Ring. I haven't seen it, so that's really all I remember about it.

I haven't read the thread you're talking about, but I'll take a stab and say Begotten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Klax posted:

2: This one's animated and I used to rent and watch it as a kid, and I only include it because I recall that it was longer than 30 minutes (so I don't think it was a serial show). Anyhow, The only concrete thing I remember about it is that a bunch of the good guys tended to get turned to stone. But they didn't just turn into statues, they turned into these blocky stone humanoid forms with a single daisy popping out of the top of their head. Also, there may have been tiny unicorns/pegasi involved.

Unico: In the Island of Magic, a mainstay of these threads.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

TheBoogeyMan posted:

I can't think of this movie: one very small side plot involved a bunch of people taking random drugs (I don't think they picked they were taking, it was random somehow I believe) and being generally hosed up. I believe it was set on a college campus, and I think all of the people taking the drugs were in a fraternity.

This could be so many things. The Rules of Attraction, maybe. Or Less Than Zero.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

frozenpeas posted:

Arggh, wish I could remember!
Sounds like The Horseman.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Saw a movie 30 years ago. Involved a guy and he did stuff in it. Quick, find it goons.

But really, here's a request I made years ago that was never found: I caught something on TV in the late 80s, though I suspect it was made in the 70s or maybe even earlier. It was a horror film or TV show of some kind and the only scene I remember was someone (a little boy, maybe) being in a bedroom. There was a malevolent presence there, like a ghost or demon, and the room turned very bright red and the boy/person suddenly began choking. I also want to say that there was a shot of the house from outside, it looking very typically haunted-housey, and you could see the bright red glowing window on the second floor. It had enough of an effect on me that I drew a very crude picture of the house with the glowing window as a kindergartener and titled it "The Room in Red". No movies by that name, and keyword searches/Google scouring always reveal nothing.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
It isn't any of those, though Lady in White is nostalgia-tastic. That Amityville II clip is similar to what I'm looking for in some ways, but when I say the room glows red, I mean really bright, blinding red. Suspiria red. And I'm 75% or so sure that it was a kid being choked. Good guesses, though.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Action Andy posted:

'From Beyond' has many sequences where the room goes beyond bright red to hot pink. Could definitely be what you're looking for :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU7AxAbYJOE&feature=related

Pretty sure that isn't it, but holy poo poo why haven't I seen this before? It looks insane, and has Ken Foree to boot.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Tae posted:

It was a psychological movie or something, I guess. I remember a family sitting on the table, then the father got really angry and smash a plate to the wall. Then there's a weird thing where his daughter's friend was in love with him and he complied secretly and I think he had a gun and people died.

Yeah, probably American Beauty. The father is Kevin Spacey, man.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Dick Brophy posted:

My apologies if this one has already been identified, but I've been thinking about it on and off for a couple weeks now and it's starting to drive me mad-

Saw it in a theater (one of those artsy/independent ones) a few years ago (sometime between 2000 and 2005). It was about some kids in Russia, I don't remember if it was subtitled or dubbed (probably subtitled) who were pretty much just delinquents. I remember the girls dressing relatively slutty (I recall a tube top, specifically) and they were always going around sniffing glue. There may have been a scene where the girl in the tube top is riding in a sports car with some boys. Perhaps there was child prostitution involved? That's where my memory stops. If I recall correctly, I think the title was just one or two words, possibly the main (girl?) character's name.

Lilya 4-Ever?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Voodoofly posted:

Plus, even though I saw it in 2001-2002 (and it would have to have been early 2002), my best guess is that it was at least a couple of years old by then. It was screened in a film class, either when I was there, or right after I graduated. This one looks like it would have barely been available by that time anywhere, let alone a film class.

Earth, maybe?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

SolidHavoc posted:

I saw a movie years ago about a mentally disturbed woman who basically kidnaps a Muslim cab driver in NYC. It was released shortly after the September 11th attacks, anyone have any idea?

Sorry, Haters?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Nerdfest X posted:

A possibly made for TV movie about a cop (maybe NYC) trying to stop a serial killer on the subway. The killer strangles old ladies while dressed up as an old lady. The public is aware of the killers MO. The cop dresses up as an old lady to make himself a target. Just as the cop spots the killer attempting to murder another victim in the next car, some passengers notice that he is really a man, and try to stop him, thinking he is really the serial killer. He finally convices the good samaritans that he is indeed a cop, and stops the psycho.

I don't know this movie, but my god, that plot. :psyduck:

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I don't think that was it, this was definitely made before 1970.

Try 'The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie', 'The Exterminating Angel', 'Last Year at Marienbad', or maybe 'La Dolce Vita'.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Ashenai posted:

I'm trying to remember a movie based a single snippet of a scene, and a poorly remembered one at that. I remember a character saying something to another dude with the word "negligible" in it, while stuffing his mouth. He was saying it in a sort of weird squeaky voice, and the whole character gives off this nerdy-pathetic vibe. Puts me in mind of Kutner from House for some reason (but it isn't him, and the scene isn't from House.) It's definitely supposed to be a funny scene, but I can't remember if the movie itself is supposed to be funny. (Probably?)

You sure this isn't from the episode of Seinfeld where Jerry and Kramer switch apartments and thus start switching personalities? Here's the clip.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Cyril Sneer posted:

I saw a preview for a movie once, a few years ago (mid-2000s) and have never been able to track it down. All I remember is that it was a sort of adult coming-of-age type story, featuring an (I think) white collar working schlub expressing his hidden depression/disatisfaction with society's structures/obligations. I recall it being of a somewhat supernatural nature, like the Truman Show or the Lost in Translation (I remember this point specifically as I like these sorts of movies, and so this preview jumped out at me). I could've sworn the lead was Ben Stiller, but upon revewing his filmography, I don't see any movie that matches the description. I still think it was a similar type of actor though - someone known for comedies but plyaing a more serious roll here (think Jim Carry, or Bill Murray).

This isn't much to go on, I know, but hey its worth a try.

Punch-Drunk Love? It isn't supernatural, but then again, neither is Lost in Translation.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Old Crows posted:

Here's one I had marked to see but never saw where it was actually released. This description is all from the trailers: The movie entails Vikings that were shipwrecked in America(?). They repaired their boats and left - except they left one of their own, a little boy, behind by accident. The boy is raised by an Indian tribe. The vikings come back later (when he is a teenager) and the boy fights to protect his tribe.

Any ideas?

Pathfinder.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Bicycle Courier Jim posted:

It's like Die Hard at the Hoover Dam, except kinda-to-pretty lovely.

Terminal Rush starring Don "The Dragon" Wilson and Roddy Piper.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Be Depressive posted:

I have an "identify this movie" question but have asked about it several times in the this thread to no avail. This has been bugging me for well over a decade.

I have a hunch it might be Picture Mommy Dead, a 60's flick with Zsa Zsa Gabor. The imdb plot synopsis isn't very descriptive, but some of the user reviews make it sound very similar to what you described.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

codyclarke posted:

Nah, it was definitely a cheesy, low-budget thing. And now that I think about it, it definitely had a sequel. There were two and the covers looked similar.

Probably Video Violence.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

SeenUnnoticed posted:

I need some help identifying a movie I saw on TV a few years back. A family gets stuck in a ghost town in the southwest and somehow the dad knows a legend about the people of the town hiding in the tunnels beneath the town because of the nuclear tests nearby. One scene had the dad and son find a piece of the desert that had turned to glass from a hydrogen bomb test. They find a camcorder in the ghost town that has footage of a girl saying there's something after them in the ghost town, but it cuts off. They see the same girl in a nearby town and she has no memory of the tape or the ghost town. The movie ends with the family driving at night in the desert, then something jumps in front of the car, they crash, fade to credits. The only other thing I remember was a lot of freaky first-person shots of something stalking the family through the ghost town. Please help.

Disappearance.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Trevor Hale posted:

No. Not that. This would be a good 6-7 years before that hit the air. Also, it was lower tech...possibly with adults and not kids.

This also sounds sort of like The Guyver or its sequel.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
^
Twelve and Holding.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

e: nm, should read before posting

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

In Crash, he fucks car accident scars, not bullet holes.

I think he's thinking of Deadgirl.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Sounds a bit like "Car" by Harry Crews.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

fraggle rockist posted:

I've been trying to remember a movie from either mid-to late 90's or 2000-2001. It's about an fbi agent going to a small town and trying to find a child kidnapper. The main part I remember is that he discovers a drawing in the school of man in the woods that one of the kids had drawn. I wanted to say it starred either gene hackman or tommy lee jones but from what I can tell it doesn't.

I'm pretty sure this is "The Pledge" with Jack Nicholson.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
So she does it to appear crazy, or because she's actually crazy?

If it's the latter, there's a scene with Diane Ladd in Lynch's "Wild at Heart" that fits the bill and then some.

e: ^^ beaten.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

bagrada posted:

Yeah I've seen Wendy and Lucy, I got the impression this one was more of a slow burn horror/suspense movie. Thanks though.

Entrance.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Pretty sure that happened in Lord of War, with Nic Cage as a gun runner.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Cornwind Evil posted:

I just randomly remembered some movie, it's based around getting some rare old bottle of wine, and at the end it turns out the main character actually has a bunch of money so he buys it at auction, and then he starts opening it in the final scene and the female lead is like 'But old wines basically turn to vinegar' and he says something like they'll either have a really great drink or a great salad. I think it would have come out sometime in the 80's/early 90's (so it's NOT Sideways).

Year of the Comet.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Amos Moses posted:

Unfortunately no. Not that movie.

Dream House?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Magic Hate Ball posted:

At the top of the Criterion scary movie page there's this screencap:

I can't tell what movie that's from. Anyone know?

It's a brief flash from Antichrist, while they're driving to the woods.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Fruits of the sea posted:

A young couple goes on vacation. They drive into a sinkhole, and are rescued by a creepy state trooper. He brings them to a giant mansion in the middle of a junkyard inhabited by a redneck version of the Addams family. They try to kill the couple by putting them on a boobytrapped rollercoaster. There's lots of fire, possibly involving oil derricks or pumpjacks?

Saw it on vhs in the late 90's.

Nothing But Trouble.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

A student posted:

There's a short video that plays on the SA site if you try to open up threads without logging in. The scenes include a kid's neck getting crushed by a window, a woman getting hit by a medicine cabinet, a bag rolling out of and into a barn, a piece of a mirror flying through a spider web and onto a woman's eye, a man being blinded to death by the woman's mirror-eye, and a woman breaking a mirror with a chair.

It looks like a cheesy, fun film to watch.

The Boogeyman (1980).

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

kimbo305 posted:

I saw this scene in an article about some French director's work and style.
It was a man and woman getting ready for bed. The woman brushed her teeth while the guy (smoked?) in bed. I think she danced from the bathroom to the bed. They migt have argued.
I feel like it was a late 50s or early 60s movie?

Though this could be a few things, it's most likely Breathless by Godard.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Kaizoku posted:

This is Blade Runner.

Edit: however, it does not have the producer cuts you speak of, unless it was possibly a "Making of" feature on a laserdisc?

Uh, pretty much none of that happens in Blade Runner. Unless there is some jacked super-secret alternate TV edit that inserted all of that stuff.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

codyclarke posted:

This movie is on the tip of my tongue, and I'm pretty sure someone here will know what I'm talking about. I watched it on Netflix Instant but my history doesn't go back far enough.

This is a movie by, I think, a famous cult horror director, but I can't remember who. It's fairly recent, came out in the last or 3 or 4 years. I remember that it had one of the craziest openings and subsequent scenes I've ever seen. Not crazy as in great, just crazy as in unrelentingly random and impossible to follow. Basically it starts off at night, this dad in his house with his family, and I think he gets possessed by some sort of demon or killer or something, and attacks his family, and one of the kids survives and is taken in an ambulance, but then the kid in the ambulance is now possessed, and the ambulance blows up or something, and then things continue further. There were weird flashbacks and things we couldn't possibly understand going on. It was terrible. Ring any bells?

Wes Craven's My Soul to Take?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

amishjosh posted:

I'm trying to remember a movie from probably the mid90s that I remember seeing bits of on television. It's either a horror or(most likely) a horror anthology movie. The only bits I can remember are from one bit of it.

The scene starts, it's in a graveyard, zombies come up and start after the people in the graveyard, as they're closing in the camera pulls back and we see that it's a clip from a movie based on the main characters novel/short story/whatever, and that they're interviewing him on the show. I don't really remember too much after that, until he starts seeing this thing coming up behind him when he looks in mirrors, and it ends up causing him to have a breakdown. His girlfriend gets him home, covers over all the mirrors and they think it's going ok, until he looks into her eyes and sees the thing coming up behind him reflected in them. It starts strangling him, he starts thrashing around on the bed, she can't see what's attacking him, then he's suddenly transformed into the thing that was attacking him, a kind of phantom of the opera looking thing that I think jumps out the window.

I'm pretty sure this was a movie, and not one of the old horror anthology shows, but I could very easily be mistaken.

This sounds a helluva lot like an episode of Amazing Stories called "Mirror, Mirror".

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Sporkles posted:

I'm looking for a movie that I somehow maybe saw accidentally (I'm pretty sure on TV, whether it was VHS or not I honestly don't know), which terrified me as a young girl. So it'd have to be probably late 80s, very early 90s that I saw it.

This is going to be a huge shot in the dark because I only have a tiny bit stuck in my memory, but here goes.

I think the story was something vaguely Invasion of the Body Snatcher-y (but not that particular movie). I think it centered around a young blond boy. Either the opening or closing scene (or maybe quite possibly both, like the protagonist thought they were safe but it was starting all over again) involved the alien (?) ship (?) coming over the horizon and it looked like a huge ball with big spotlights on it.

I looked up the 1993 Body Snatchers movie thinking I might've hit upon it, but I watched a few clips (and can't get it on Netflix Instant to make sure) and it doesn't look like it either.

Oh lord, I know that's vague as hell but I would love to get a chance to see this thing again that stuck in my head as something that scared me so many years ago.

This sounds a lot like the 1986 version of Invaders from Mars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

DangerDummy! posted:

I saw a short film when I was very young, early elementary school. I saw it in school twice, in fact, in two separate grades. It's set in a world where it rains nonstop. A young girl somehow figures out that the rain is going to stop for a short time, but she's a weird-rear end that no one likes, so they don't listen to her. They lock her in a closet one day at school just to gently caress with her, and while she's locked in the closet, the rain stops and it's suddenly a gorgeous, sunny day. The kids all go out and play and bask in the sun, until the rain starts again and they all have to run back inside, where they suddenly remember the poor girl in the closet. They all look really sorry for being such dicks to her, and I think one of them hands her a flower.

Any ideas? This is about thirty years ago.

It sounds like an adaptation of the Ray Bradbury story "All Summer in a Day". There was a version made for PBS in 1982. That's probably it.

edit: it's on Youtube