Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I know everyone's been loving this, so I'm sure they'll be happy to know that there's another part to it.

It involves deploying sentry guns and teleporters under the map where nobody can reach them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPoKaoJu0m4

There's another classic griefing video from way back, but I can't remember what game it was from. It was a military FPS where these two grunts get some payback on another player who was being a complete tool.

One was a medic and the other had a rifle and a knife. One shot the victim and mortally wounded him, then both ran up to him and stabbed him to death. Immediately the medic would heal him but, before he could get up or do anything, the other griefer would stab him to death again.

This went on for, oh five/six minutes, with the poor bastard being killed and revived dozens of times. His voice over chat went from being angry to pleading to almost crying as he begged them to stop.

Definitely one of the funniest acts of bastardry I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

quote:

Ventriloharassment clips

Good lord, I'm loving dying here! I had to stop several of those clips because I was laughing so hard I was seeing spots and thought I was going to choke!

More please.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

El Negocio posted:

A naked man standing in a field with a large glass bottle stuck up his rear end with the neck sticking out.

That's a relief, I thought it was going to be the other one. The one with the bottle that broke.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

It looks like he uses the momentum he gains from jumping off somewhere and translates it into horizontal movement by very quickly jumping forwards.

Reminds me of the old game Thief where you could bunny hop so fast, if you hit a wall you'd instantly die from the impact.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

PalmTreeFun posted:

Just try saying "melon" in front of Trip. He does not like that word at all.

Anyway, not-griefing again, Sumotori Dreams is an amazing game. I guess you could think of it as griefing the fat block-men.

Sorry about the quality, it's hard to find to good videos that don't have music or TF2 sounds overlayed on them. You really need the original noises for the full effect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOvq3-oG5BM

I remember playing this with friends when we were drunk. I'd end up laughing so hard I would almost be sick.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Why is it that EVERY fighting game has people like this? Don't hit me when stunned, it's cheap. Don't spam fireballs, it doesn't take skill. Don't climb up the wall and vanish for five minutes, it's boring. No throws, they're too powerful. Wah, wah bloody wah.

gently caress it, if it's in the game, I'll drat well do it. And if they whine, I'll do it twice.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Maybe you're just not using him right.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Blind Sally posted:

Castle Crashers

Seriously, the best grief is simply being a better player than other people.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Beatnik-Filmstar posted:

Fun starts at around the 40 second mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OylhMDfnbg

I love the other Team Roomba video where they manage to set up sentries under the ground that can still fire at targets above ground and confuse the living poo poo out of their opponents.

Starts about 13 seconds in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPoKaoJu0m4

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

HonorableTB posted:

I don't see why throwing is such a taboo in fighting games. It's a move, that's all. There are ways to counter or avoid them, and if you're crying about being thrown then learn to play better and not put yourself in a position to be throw-locked.

People will take anything they don't know how to deal with and call it unfair, cheating, or cheap.

Back in the day when people still went to arcades, I could generate massive freakouts by attacking players in Street Fighter 2 when they were dizzy. Somehow it was dishonourable. Good lord did some people get upset over it.

But if you really wanted to send someone over the edge, there was a move guaranteed to do it every time - get them dizzy and then throw them.

Oh the memories

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
It's all just bantha poodoo.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Giggily posted:

Right now Goonswarm and their allies control something like 90% of the game's supply of some resource needed to build mining ships. They also have a campaign going that's led to the destruction of around 1500~ish of these ships in the last two days. So either they can starve everyone else of a supply of these resources, sell them for inflated prices, or laugh as they pay 120% market value to get them anyways. I believe their resource is also vital to the construction of almost any advanced item in the game.

So yeah, the economy probably won't collapse, but they're certainly doing a great job in loving with it.

Can't people just fly off and find new areas to explore? I mean it's space, right? Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning and all that poo poo.

What stops the devs from deciding to spawn floating space debris rich in those minerals somewhere else?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Ovo posted:

Ha, I didn't hear slut, they are so garbled when they yell into the crummy mics for the PS3/360. The same guy did this video and it's even better than the other one. One guy is just screaming into the mic every time he gets knifed.

I love how they're raging so much, when the root cause is their own poor performance.

For one, he's got a knife while they have machine guns, but he's still dominating them. "Oh, my gun sucks, that's why he keeps killing me with the knife."

Second, it's a game where everyone is trying to kill you and they can come from any direction at any time. But just about everyone the guy kills is wandering in straight lines and not looking around them for threats.

And the little kids in the second half of the video were just adorable.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Aqua Hamster posted:

My favorite thing about those Black Ops knifing videos is that apparently only pussies use knives.

And ignoring how a knife kill is called a 'humiliation' because you have to be a lovely person in the first place to get stabbed by a knife while holding a machine gun.

bucketmouse posted:

Gib auction exploit

This is an amazing story. I love it when people do invisible underhanded stuff like this that leaves everyone in the game absolutely mystified.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 04:48 on May 28, 2012

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Dr_Amazing posted:

TTT has one of the whiniest player bases I've ever seen. It's amazing how many people see a game of mystery and paranoia and want to reduce it to a series of carefully laid out rules.

Because 1) they suck at the game and 2) the only thing which is important is their enjoyment and their score.

You see them in every game, constantly making up bullshit rules to try and force everyone else to be weaker than them and create a situation in which they always win. No using rocket launchers, no using this machine gun, no running people over with jeeps, no laying down smoke in corridors, no attacking until you've bowed and satisfied e-honour, blah, blah, bullshit.

It's a pathetic attempt to overcome their inability to cope with and compensate for a changing, dynamic game world.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
They're used to having their enemies running around nonstop like crazy rabbits. So they just look for movement or the helpful glowing name over their heads.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Slanderer posted:

I'm kinda liking this dude's videos, even though that first one was my favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6iA2Pxucwc

Why are the so many of the maps so poorly made? Gmod uses Half Life 2, right? So there's no excuse for crappy, box-like architecture and global illumination set to max so there're no shadows and everything looks like it came from the Doom era.

Some of the maps look kinda decent, but most look like they were shat out by a 12 year old who had never touched a map editor before.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
That's sounds like a system designed for the creation of a monopoly ruling everything, lording over everyone else in the game who are all trapped in poverty.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Lonjon posted:

Super Soaker 50 Raven

Super Soaker mech is a thing of beauty :allears: There needs to be a super soaker mod for the game. Mix it with a nerf missile mod and you'd have the greatest game ever.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jun 29, 2013

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Wouldn't 99% of EOD bot griefing be nerfed if the game was patched to add falling damage to them? Hope they don't though, it's so much fun to watch the little bots take down people with their little blowtorch thingy.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

DonDoodles posted:

The "harassment" mentioned in the message refers to my toon dancing and "raising the roof" close to other players' toons and spawning disco balls that force all players within a certain area to start dancing. I guess some people don't appreciate disco.

"You honor, the plaintiff wishes the court to know that the accused did, on numerous occasions, cause the in-game avatars of an unknown number of people to dance."

I'm sure it sounded better in his head.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
So Eve Online users still haven't learned why modern naval powers stopped using battleships?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Zaodai posted:

Name him Major Boothroyd so it is the name you want, but as a reference to another series entirely.

[EDIT] I should probably explain that: Major Boothroyd was the quartermaster for James Bond, designated "Q".

Just call him Yoda and watch their eyelids twitch.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Scyantific posted:

shitterbinds

I'm guessing this is some form of bowel complaint?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

In Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, a rifle-mounted grenade launcher is commonly referred to as a "noob tube" because you're not supposed to use it or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt7WAyT2hcI&t=19s

Most of this guy's videos suck, but goddamn the tears in this one :allears:

There should be a system where you can send videos like that to Microsoft so that they can see people are falsely sending hacking reports and get them banned.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I dunno about that first Randy the Robot video. They were just a bunch of little kids too young to even swear (Oh shoot! Poop!) They weren't being jerks or rude or anything like that.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Cojawfee posted:

I wonder if real pirates ever had to deal with that. They just try to do their piracy in peace but then some guy is complaining that it's immoral to be a pirate. Swayed by his powerful words, all pirates agree that it's a pretty lovely thing to be and they give up forever.

Many real-life pirates were incredibly organised, with well written codes of conduct and laws. Which only applied to themselves and were designed around not screwing each other over and having a captain who wasn't a complete wonk.

Viz, some Elizabethan era pirates, namely Bartholomew Roberts. AKA Black Bart, who wrote these in 1721:

quote:

ARTICLE I - Every man shall have an equal vote in affairs of moment. He shall have an equal title to the fresh provisions or strong liquors at any time seized, and shall use them at pleasure unless a scarcity may make it necessary for the common good that a retrenchment may be voted.

ARTICLE II - Every man shall be called fairly in turn by the list on board of prizes, because over and above their proper share, they are allowed a shift of clothes. But if they defraud the company to the value of even one dollar in plate, jewels or money, they shall be marooned. If any man rob another he shall have his nose and ears slit, and be put ashore where he shall be sure to encounter hardships.

ARTICLE III - None shall game for money either with dice or cards.

ARTICLE IV - The lights and candles should be put out at eight at night, and if any of the crew desire to drink after that hour they shall sit upon the open deck without lights.

ARTICLE V - Each man shall keep his piece, cutlass and pistols at all times clean and ready for action.

ARTICLE VI - No boy or woman to be allowed amongst them. If any man shall be found seducing any of the latter sex and carrying her to sea in disguise he shall suffer death.

ARTICLE VII - He that shall desert the ship or his quarters in time of battle shall be punished by death or marooning.

ARTICLE VIII - None shall strike another on board the ship, but every man's quarrel shall be ended on shore by sword or pistol in this manner. At the word of command from the quartermaster, each man being previously placed back to back, shall turn and fire immediately. If any man do not, the quartermaster shall knock the piece out of his hand. If both miss their aim they shall take to their cutlasses, and he that draweth first blood shall be declared the victor.

ARTICLE IX - No man shall talk of breaking up their way of living till each has a share of l,000. Every man who shall become a cripple or lose a limb in the service shall have 800 pieces of eight from the common stock and for lesser hurts proportionately.

ARTICLE X - The captain and the quartermaster shall each receive two shares of a prize, the master gunner and boatswain, one and one half shares, all other officers one and one quarter, and private gentlemen of fortune one share each.

:goonsay:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Zohn posted:

First things first, I decided to subvert the AI to my will. I waltzed in to the AI upload chamber without even bothering to spawn any traitor gear, and changed the AI's laws in a very clever way. I did the standard "*name* is the only human" law that is common for traitors

Just making sure I get this - you actually put in your old name and not the name you were using that round, right? That's why the AI killed you?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Constable Lemon posted:

A great new glitch in TF2 has recently been discovered that involves making your duel partner your coach. It leads to some interesting map clipping, allowing stuff like building Sentry Guns under the map.

Better get your fill of this exploit in now, because I'm sure Valve will release a patch any day now.

I loved the part where they were running around on top of the world, much more fun than hiding under the map. Seeing them all running around and building sentries in midair was great.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

The Zombie Guy posted:

So HERE'S a video of the player using NG+7 enemies as unstoppable bodyguards who absolutely steamroll invaders.

Every single Red Rosie griefing video is worth watching.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I loved the progression of Mark's reactions from the first video to the last. In the first one he was losing his mind and just running. Then he slowly learns to enlist others to help him. Then he gains enough confidence to try taking the lunatic on with a shoot and run technique. Finally he hunts the guy down confidently and doesn't lose his poo poo at all.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

That was beautiful. Powergamers always need a good kick in the arse and that was one for the record books.

The little line of Kroots along the entire edge of the table is great. Pity there aren't any photos of Shooter calmly walking up to his opponent's edge and putting them down one by one across the whole thing.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Welsh is like overhearing someone speak English in another room.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
It's right up there with the guy who chased some poor bastard throughout the game screaming that he'd eat his face.

Happy crazy people :allears:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

The Daltony posted:

Here's a video I found on another site earlier today, one of the better Gmod griefing videos I've seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtrCRRK47_I

Now that was well worth the watch.

Using the glowing rope tool to draw a dick on his house and the invisible road dynamite had me laughing like a lunatic.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

razorrozar posted:

Yeah, that's not griefing. That's you being a racist, sexist rear end in a top hat. "Ironic" isn't an excuse.

In short, :getout:

Can you really say it's ironic when he has about fifty probations and bans for being a bigot?

At this point, I think we can say he's not griefing, he's just being himself.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I love the mental image of a guy thinking he'll woo anyone when he's shouting out directions every few seconds.

"Yes, this is the finest wine from the valleys of LEFT! southern Elfingtonhamshire. Picked and refined by the most skilled RIGHT! FASTER! artisans."

"You eyes are like limpet pools FULL STOP! of moonlight."

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

SugarAddict posted:

Why haven't you guys set up a land caravan of boats to events yet?

I can't understand why anyone would even use the regular land vehicles if they had the option of land boating :shrug:

I'd be harpooning my way across entire continents and up and over mountains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Is that a cancer patient?

• Locked thread