Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Magneto? The wanted criminal? You have the wrong man, I am Magento, see my cape is magenta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

If it's a Wolverine 50th anniversary, what's Patch doing there? I know he features in a few Wolverine comics but it's not like you ever see them hanging out together.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I have a mostly complete Defiant from a flea market as a kid. It's still sitting on a shelf in my parent's garage. It was fragile back in the 80s and had a habit of breaking wheels when you tried to push it around, can't imagine what would happen if you tried now.

I have thought about getting into 3d printing as a way to replace the missing bits and bobs from it and my Terror Drome.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Yes please! The old starter box / Green Knight mini was amazing, and is what sold me on Warhammer way back when.

The Green Knight is one of the best mini sculpts ever and it's mind blowing that it was the first mini created after the sculptor blew his dominant hand off in a canon accident.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Agrias120 posted:

Super7 got back to me and it seems like they're going to be willing to ship me out a replacement left hand for the MegaZord that's able to hold a weapon!

what

Yeah, meant cannon.

As can be guessed from guys that makes his living sculpting historical English soldiers, the Perry Brothers were/are super into historical reenactment. At a reenactment of the Battle of Crecy, Michael Perry was standing next to a cannon that misfiresd during loading taking most of his right hand.

Going a bit stir crazy lying in the hospital bed he asked his brother for sculpting tools to teach himself to use his left hand and the result was this.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I kid, I kid. Dimetrodon has always been my favorite "dino". Love that big sail.

Tell the truth, you had the same look on your face as the dimetrodon when you posted that joke.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Gripweed posted:

Don’t worry, she must’ve done something really bad to end up in that thing, but she’s still being offered the redemption of dying in battle. That’s called rehabilitation and it’s actually a very progressive part of the Imperium.

The ones who really gently caress up get put in that machine but with armor around them. They are not allowed to die.

Then there's the really really bad ones who aren't offered any armor, but are lobotomized so they can't reflect on their transgressions and ask for forgiveness before death.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Aphrodite posted:

The only Warhammer I know is Celestine because she's a good MTG card.

And also I assume it's not based on the Catholic saint, but St. Katherine is just funny because her shrine is a few minutes away from me.

Might be, the early GW writers were just do the dudes designing the game so they threw what they knew into the game. Like the character that served as the commander for the Chaos deck Abbadon, got his name because the creator hadn't thought of one and just said 'oh, he's 'a bad 'un'.

And the ancient races that brought space faring to the lesser races are lizardmen because the local pub they drank at had a gecko in an astronaut suit as it's mascot.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Purple dress Tifa is $90 too

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

The Last Call posted:

Whenever you do eventually die, you will not be remembered, you will not be missed, it will be like you didn't even exist. That's the life for a normal person in 40K.

There was a bit in one of the Eisenhorn books where Cadia, after millenia of loyal service to the military had no where left on the planet for more cemeteries. So a monastic order was formed whose job was to scour the existing cemeteries for headstones too worn to read the name of the entombed. That signified that there was no one left to remember them and marked as a viable place to bury a newly dead.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah, they were charging $120 for replicas of the birth control dispenser Simon uses for his magic

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Finally, a Storm Shadow that will look like me, Andrew Koji.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Joe Fisto posted:

If it weren’t easy enough to get them online I’d guess we are still having supply chain issues. It seems to be more of a “didn’t order” or don’t care about the stock issue.

I can’t help but to think there’s something up with poor stock and the shut down of self checks. Almost like they don’t want customers in the store.

It's this, hasbro's toy sales have been steadily declining, almost as if regular price increases have moved them out of impulse buys, so big box stores are getting more and more gun shy about larger orders.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Gripweed posted:

Goddamn that’s a big combi-weapon

Non-euclidean, has both a magazine and a belt feed.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

*phew*

Asking for a friend, are there any good low-impact 40k mobile games to scratch the itch? I'm not a PC gamer and the Inquisitor or whatever isometric shooter I played on console was so-so.

Tacticus is alright if you have the patience for it. It's a Character Shard format like the Star Wars and Marvel mobile rpgs. Certain characters get dripfed to you but none are completely locked behind paywalls.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Blackchamber posted:

I saw that and I was like... is Power Rangers not a very good IP anymore? I thought people liked the lightning collection and I have the Zords they released recently which I also think was well received.

Hasbro's action figure sales have been steadily dropping YoY, almost in correlation to the price hikes. They're getting less shelf space at the big box stores compounding that. The toy section at my local Ollie's is like 1/3 Hasbro product.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

iceyman posted:

Crimson Baroness is a huge improvement. Alas I just need this version in classic black.

The original Crimson twins sold poorly. So I wonder why Hasbro goes back to that well again instead of slotting in more popular proven characters for a fun exclusive? Unless they have a warehouse of extra twins they can easily redeco and need to unload, it never made much sense.

Considering they're selling for $11 I'm figuring there is exactly a warehouse full of unsold twins.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Louisgod posted:

Do you think Todd and his team ever get just absolutely sick of making Superman and Batman figures? It HAS to get boring after a while

Todd has burned too many bridges, any time he tries to sculpt a hero that isn't Batman or Superman he uncontrollably sculpts the face to look like someone who wrote the character and that Todd has beef with.

He has a dark closet full of figures that look unerringly like Neil Gaiman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Wouldn't the bizarre be the Venus WomanQuarry?