Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I saw Bring Me The Horizon tonight. Holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I like Volition, but I saw PTH live and was really disappointed. Kinda ruined them for me.

Kumbamontu posted:

I'm jealous

It was such an awesome show. I wish they had played more from There Is A Hell..., but it was still a ton of fun. The light display they use is really really cool.

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Oct 23, 2015

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I will preface this by saying I love That's The Spirit and it's grown on me so much it might be my favorite BMTH album, but those songs are awesome live.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Kumbamontu posted:

Strong opinions ITT: The Acacia Strain is unlistenable boring garbage

I agree with this statement. (Honestly there's not a lot of metalcore I like and I can't stand deathcore. I can't listed to pre-Suicide Season BMTH actually.)

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

krustster posted:

Also, listening to this BMTH live tape makes me want to go see them too. Even though the crowd is probably 70% obnoxious teen girls, the energy and "audience participation" is pretty amazing.

This is very true. Dumb teenagers galore. A couple of girls a few people in front of me got into a fight over one of the drumsticks at the end. One with a selfie stick to record (thankfully only) parts of the show. Another with a freaking iPad. There was one point where the selfie stick was recording the iPad recording the show.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

60 Hertz Jig posted:

Taking cellphone videos is bad enough. Selfie sticks and tablets? It should be legal to beat and dismember them with their own toys. Ugh.

The selfie stick only appeared during one of the openers thankfully. I ended up next to iPad girl and yelled at her to put it away before I smash it (it was in the way of my fist pumping dammit!). Never saw it again after that.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Another concert last night (Hands Like Houses, but that's not why I'm posting) -- teenage girls loving LOVE BMTH. Throne came on between sets and got a better reaction than some of the openers. Not to mention the entire front row standing still during HLH to record the show.

I kinda feel bad for bands these days. No one up front acting like they're into your music?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

krustster posted:

Holy War sounds a lot like a For Today tape but with opposite lyrical themes. On the other hand, the new For Today tape is pretty rad and sounds a little different than before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ayvdtZJl0k

Broken Lens is my favorite off the new album by far. Going to see them on Sunday with Fit For A King, Gideon, Phinehas, and Silent Plant. Show's going to be brutal.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

krustster posted:

UUUUUUUUU Silent Planet is amazing. That whole lineup is a pretty hot selection of great jesuscore bands (nothing wrong with jesuscore).

Good to know. I totally dig The Night God Slept and can't wait to see them. FFAK is one of my favorite bands too.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

AmericanGeeksta posted:

This tour was rad as hell. Saw it in St. Louis.

Also, I hope you got the chance to talk to some of the dudes. Ryan from FFAK and Garrett from Silent Planet are awesome guys. I've seen SP 6 times, and it's always a pleasure talking to them after the show.

I have messaged back and forth with Ryan from FFAK on Facebook, but never had the chance to see them live until tonight. I'm so stoked to see them live. Definitely in my top 5 favorite bands right now.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Wamsutta posted:

In addition to the other recommendations, while I'm not about the Jesuscore lyrical content there's some For Today jams way too wild not to lift weights to. Devastator, Fearless, Stand Defiant and Immortal are fire

Broken Lens and Foundation live were absolute madness last Sunday. And that's after Fit For A King wore out the crowd.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

So, what's everyone's favorite album of 2015?

Goddamn. I barely bought any new albums this year. But either August Burns Red - Found in Far Away Places or Bring Me The Horizon - That's The Spirit.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

AmericanGeeksta posted:

Funniest concert of my life was seeing We Came As Romans and Emmure together. All the 12 year old girls who came to see WCAR were absolutely terrified when Emmure came on.

Holy poo poo this would have been amazing to see :allears:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Any Silent Planet fans in here? They just released an awesome video for the first single off their upcoming album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbaFJiWftwk

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Posting about Silent Planet ruffled some feathers earlier, but their lyrics are incredible by metalcore standards. Their new album Everything Was Sound released today and most songs deal with mental illness. And if you want to talk creative, REDIVIDER is actually written as a palindrome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiSx8yb_big

Silent Planet posted:

"I am Autonomous,” You told Father.
First immortal, but now fleeting.
All creation reveals me about this said time, called death, cursed the reverse.
All we bought was brokenness -
That shelter of illusion,

You see me see You splitting myself even.
There is me, forgiving nothing, manic then depressive - helplessly sinking.
Sister Moon, Brother Sun eclipsed one another, forgiving one another.

Tides receding

Death ran away then life flooded in world
This I am: Imbalanced, beautifully so.
Hands connected, perhaps…
Then dead reflections saw You
I did, didn’t I?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I didn't, did I?
You saw reflections dead then,
Perhaps, connected hands…
So beautifully Imbalanced: Am I this
world? In flooded life then away ran Death.

Receding tides

Another one forgiving, another one eclipsed, Sun Brother, Moon Sister
Sinking helplessly - depressive then manic, nothing forgiving me is there
even myself, splitting? You see me see You

Illusion of shelter: That
brokenness was bought, “We all
reverse the cursed death called time.” said this about me. Reveals creation, all-
fleeting, now, but immortal. First
Father told you, “Autonomous am I.”

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I get to see ETID along with Fit For A King in a few weeks. I'm pumped. Not to mention ABR, ERRA, Silent Planet, and Make Them Suffer next week :hellyeah:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

ShoogaSlim posted:

Also, saw Every Time I Die in LA last night and it was awesome as usual. They played some new stuff, though, and as much as I love From Parts Unknown, I haven't even given the new album an entire listen-through. Ah well. Andy Williams is a giant.

I'm seeing them Saturday. Did they play Map Change? I want to hear that song live so badly.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

emdash posted:

it's in their recent setlists (song order spoiler) as the finale

I CANNOT WAIT :getin:

Yep. Still hate all things deathcore.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Every Time I Die. Holy. poo poo. What a show.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Kelp Me! posted:

They're basically As I Lay Dying with a new singer right? (since the old one tried to have his wife killed by a hitman or whatever) Sort of like how Lostprophets have that new thing with the guy from Thursday doing vocals.

Yep. Shane Blay from Oh, Sleeper.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

xZAOx posted:

I'm an old man, so has something changed and pits are now about actually hitting people like an rear end in a top hat, or were people just hamming it up for the video shoot?

I mean, sure, sometimes people got hit, but generally if you were intentionally swinging into people, people shut your poo poo down.

Again I'm old, I haven't been to a show in years even, much less one with a nice active pit.

There are a lot of assholes these days that just swing wildly at/around people. It's the most annoying thing about going to shows.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

kumba posted:

Found in Far Away Places was one of my favorites from that year, that record fuckin rips

Super stoked for this one too

I had to look up the track listing to remember what songs were on that album beside Ghosts, Broken Promises, and Blackwood. Besides those songs (actually including Blackwood outside the intro), everything else on that album ran together. It was good, but almost every track had a long interlude.

Also, check out the new Make Them Suffer album released today. I'm digging it.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

kumba posted:

Yeah the one complaint I had about it was you could say it was "Weird musical interludes, the album" and be 100% accurate. I loved it anyway, especially the track with the guy from A Day to Remember (I think that was Ghosts)

Yep, that's Ghosts. It's an all-time ABR favorite of mine. As for the interludes, it was frustrating to have almost every song keep building momentum and then fall off a cliff at interludes.

And here's a link to Make Them Suffer's first single from the new album since I was at work for my last post:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM4D95ZRK5Y

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

XIII posted:

Every Time I Die being the support band for Taking Back Sunday is fantastic because of how many TBS fans had their night all hosed up by ETID ruckus

My hometown venue posted a video of an EITD song from this tour tonight. Hardly any crowd movement during it :( Hoping it was just the confused people in the back.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOQ4wOSyqsY

New ABR preview track dropped. This album is going to be freaking awesome.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Beelzebozo posted:

This fuckin Polaris tape though. Holy gently caress AOTY is gonna be tight this year. Top 10 even is gonna leave out some extremely good poo poo.

Just looked them up and found their Bandcamp page which defaults to the song "Consume" THAT BREAKDOWN :tviv:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Kelp Me! posted:

o drat yeah I'm buying this

Seriously. This album is awesome. CHECK THIS LINK OUT EVERYBODY

e: Oh my God the closing track "Sonder" is unbelieveable

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Nov 4, 2017

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Disclaimer: I never really got into Parkway Drive in the first place (like a few songs here and there). But they sound ridiculously like Rammstein or something in that single.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Venue in my hometown posted a live Facebook video of Every Time I Die who's opening for Motionless in White. I'm hoping it's just the side they were shooting from, but it looks like everyone is just standing there.

How do you just stand there for ETID?!? :mad:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Beelzebozo posted:

Really?! Now you have me curious which of us is in the majority on this. I’d say I leave about 30–40% of the shows I go to before the headliner plays. I feel like a lot of bills are band I’ve heard of into band I like into band I love into band I couldn’t care less about. Like once I saw Arsis and Necrophagist open for God Forbid. What does that fan Venn diagram even look like?

Ha, I was about to post something similar when I saw that response myself. I've left quite a few shows early because I have no interest in the headliner. (Beartooth I'm looking at you. After ETID as well.)

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

SchwarzeKrieg posted:

New TRUSTcompany single is pretty boring

I saw the video yesterday and this post is spot on. Hilarious.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Wamsutta posted:

You could always just leave after ABR, I know I would

:same:

My exact plan. And hell yeah this is worth driving an hour and a half for :rock:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Polyphia rules. Saw them as an opener and they blew my mind. Such unique stuff (-core or not).

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Wamsutta posted:

It’s 2018 why are you buying any albums at all lmao

Get a Spotify paid sub my dude

I buy albums so I can put them on my iPod classic for working out :colbert:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

This song came up on YouTube after watching another music video. Had to share it because it made me stop what I was doing to listen. I've never heard of these guys before just now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUTMa1CIspI

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Wamsutta posted:

Now that there's a fuckin bummer :(

However, the new ERRA is NOT a bummer at all and actually owns, Expiate is blowing my mind on repeat right now brothers

This, but Signal Fire instead. Goddamn that song rips.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Anyone ITT going to the Tucson August Burns Red / Devil Wears Prada / Polaris show next Saturday?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

kumba posted:

I was gonna go to the Orlando show of that but I guess it sold out somehow and resell tickets are going for $92 so lol gently caress that

Almost worth it for Polaris and ABR but gently caress Parkway Drive and apparently the singer from TDWP sounds terrible nowadays

:lol: I wasn't planning to stay for Parkway Drive anyway since I'll have to drive back to Phoenix. Totally going for ABR and Polaris. TDWP is a bonus, but still sucks about their lead singer.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Holy poo poo Polaris is loving amazing and I'm so mad I didn't drive two hours to see them with ABR and TDWP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

New Black Peaks is real good too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-5EHJIT5D8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12uwPyK7uZs