Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

So would retreads (is that still a thing) be the boob job of the tyre world?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

moxieman posted:

Aluminum block?

T-1000 was trying to escape the fire

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Of course it is a 1980s Toyota Hilux

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

InitialDave posted:

Your rocker's roller is out of controller.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

InitialDave posted:

Passenger car diesel is only worth having if you're going to do loads of long journeys and really need the higher mpg.

I've got a diesel Focus and pretty happy with the MPG I get around town with it compared to my last car. Being about to drive for over half a month between refills is pretty neat.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Platystemon posted:

It sounds like you drive so that diesel is hardly worth it.

lol noooooope. Not by a long stretch.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

DiggityDoink posted:

I can't tell the maker from the clip but it looks like a Peugot or some other lovely non mainline Euro car, but even then, that's a fairly hard lateral crash to the rear end.

It's a Citroen

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

At least it had an interesting way of putting out the fire :v:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Give it to the Aussie goon Toys for rear end Bum, he'll do it. He just got out of hospital recently from fisting a massive buttplug in his arse.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Midjack posted:

Ahahahahaah what. Tell me there's a thread on this.

The thread was closed and deleted due to unrelated goon drama that happened later on. But yes, there was gory details in text about what happened.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

No Earth shattering ka-boom?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

xzzy posted:

Guess that's why almost all road signs are affixed at the top and bottom.

Wonder why that one was done that way, and who's gonna lose their job over it.

The company that recently did the roadworks there is blaming their contractor who installed the signs who will probably blame the apprentice

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Man, imagine living in a frozen wasteland where you have so many issues with just getting into a car, let alone driving it.

*steps outside into the Australian summer, self combusts*

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

dissss posted:

I can't even imagine what it was like growing up in Australia with 70s and 80s cars. It was bad enough here in New Zealand.

I have vivid memories of every brown vinyl surface (of which there were many) in whatever lovely un-airconditioned Vauxhall Chevette or Holden Gemini I had the misfortune if riding in as a child being hotter than the surface of the sun and it never got hotter than very low 30s here.

Still got the burns from the all metal belt buckles on HQ Holdens and Falcons of that era

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Vanagoon posted:

My earnest hope is that if I end up disabled like that with Alzheimers or locked in syndrome or anything like that, that someone has the decency to come along and load me up with some huge dose of fentanyl and send me off in a beautiful dream.

Or smother me with a pillow or something. Please.

My dad used to make the comment after seeing the last couple of years of his mother's life being destroyed by dementia "I will keep a jar of pills by my bedside. If (one day) I can't remember what the pills are, feed me the bottle"

Of course he now lives in a nursing home with full on Alzheimer's Dementia and doesn't know who the hell I am.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Slavvy posted:

To cover the hole where the engine is meant to be.

Not just a springer, but the most horrible kind of springer that puts the shock under bending load!

That chain is doing nothing, I also don't think a bike axle can handle the load but eh

The horrible thing about this image is the car towing it.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Yeah the latest Car Wizard videos don't require me to turn my volume up to 100 to hear him.

Although a bit worried about his love for malaise era Mercedes Benzes, especially S Classes

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Ah bogans gotta bogan :australia:

It's not a proper burnout if there isn't a fire afterwards

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

iospace posted:

According to the OSHA thread, they ended up shooting it from like, 200m with a Enfield.

Good old rule 303

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I'm Australian and never heard of Quokka.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

That seems overly complicated that collection mechanism

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

TacoHavoc posted:

It's a pretty standard front end loader like you'd find on any tractor or piece of construction equipment (lift/tilt) with an extra cylinder for that side arm and an additional cylinder for the open/close. It's really not that crazy mechanically. Putting it up front makes it easier for the driver to line up, and allows the "helper" to make sure people aren't throwing out illegal/dangerous stuff before it's tossed into the hopper.

The ones in Australia just have a hole in the side and turf the garbage in that way

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

toplitzin posted:

Not sure who the failure is here.

https://i.imgur.com/Wq7aSmE.mp4

Why the gently caress would you be replacing relatively ok factory hubcaps with those lovely aftermarket ones?

Oh boy removing the wheel nuts while the car is on the ground as well...

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

kastein posted:

Wouldn't be surprised if that was from the explosion alone, really. Liquefied gas is under some good pressure (assuming lpg and 90f like Beijing was today, 150psig) and if the tanker got split the right way, you could end up with like 2/3 of an 11mt tanker getting propelled by an area of 7000in² for a force of 1.05 million pounds until the propane disappears and isn't flash boiling and rocketing the tanker around anymore.

Pressurized cylinders of any kind are FUCKIN BAD NEWS in an accident. When they rupture or the valve gets busted off they tend to turn into finless, directionless rockets. They will straight up RUIN. YOUR. poo poo.

My dad used to take dangerous goods courses due to the paint and paint related chemicals he used to transport, and his description of when a BLEVE (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiling_liquid_expanding_vapor_explosion) happens always shocks me to this day.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I was hoping that video had the actual sound that was going on, instead of some lovely song. I wanted to hear the crack as the bolt finally moved.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Yeah, truck RC people are very much their own very cool group

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

That's definitely an awesome thing

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

That's seriously the equivalent of an old aged pensioner confusing the brake pedal with the accelerator pedal

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

It was probably trying to escape from the lovely 3.0lt diesel

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

https://i.imgur.com/wrOMYy5.mp4

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

All that water weight in the front of the cabin well and truly destroyed the front unibody there. I'm sure Ivan had that fixed by the evening

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Powershift posted:

Needs some body work but is still functioning mechanically.

Beautiful sick week carnage:

https://www.motortrend.com/features/honda-civic-drag-racing-engine-explosion-failure/

He missed a day and got it back together for today, but i think he blew it up again.

Just get some ratchet straps, problem solved :)

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Surely by then you'd either be finding out why the brakes are dying so quickly on it or putting aftermarket callipers and rotors on it

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Darchangel posted:

I can’t decide if I’m proud or sad that I understood all of that. Says the guy with a Mac SE, LCIII, 6100/66 AV, *and* a 6100 DOS compatible in the closet. All of which “ran when parked”. Not sure if they’ll fire up now.
I've been doing a ton of Classic Mac stuff recently and out of that lot I'd say the SE is the most likely to work. They run tantalum capacitors, not surface mount caps, so you don't have the issue with the caps leaking over the logic board.

The others will suffer from battery bombs, leaking surface mount capacitors or both.

Here's a friend of mine's Classic Mac which had battery bombed:

Whereas this is the SE logic board that I pulled out that had not been touched probably since it was built in 1989:

After a clean up and a new PRAM battery it runs fine:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

That looks like a 100 Series Land Cruiser. It'll still run after the fire is put out