Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

SD3 is a great game and everyone should play it. You've got six characters to choose from for a three-man party, and each character has four different classes to develop them into. Each party plays differently.

The best party is Hawk/Lise/Angela, not because it's particularly useful (no healing urgh), but because Hawk is a fuckin pimp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Having Angela/Duran as your main character is also the only way to fight the secret ultra-boss, the black rabite.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Is Suikoden still dead?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Gamma Nerd posted:

just got to the second disc of Xenosaga 3 and oh man, things are going in an... interesting direction. this game's plot is ridiculously fast paced, I'm impressed.

The second disc of XS3 is basically "oh poo poo, we've got a bunch of loose ends to tie up... time to start killing people!"

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

al-azad posted:

Sorry, the best hair is always facial.

Phil Lamarr is the best Final Fantasy character.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

Finished Suikoden 2, the story is not really all that much better than the first game but it was still a fun game with good sequel amenities. I don't really get why they made it look like Jowy was taking orders from some ninja when it turned out Jowy did everything himself because he was a Dude With Ambitions, also maybe leknaat should have showed up in one of his dreams and been like "hey what the gently caress, stop that" instead of letting Jowy join up with a dude who's like, hey whatsup wanna help me massacre an entire town to feed a blood ritual, pretty cool right. But thats all water under the bridge, Jowy, lets go journey and be pals and leave this country in a hosed up mess that we created wheee

I can get the third game for $20 from local nerd store but I may just wait it out to see if I can get it cheaper from eBay because the 3D suikodens don't really look anything like the 2D ones in terms of visuals or fast paced battles.

The bearers of the Bright Shield and Black Sword runes are destined to fight each other, that's just how it goes. Leknaat wouldn't intervene because that's what's supposed to happen. She takes a much more passive role in the rest of the series than she did in the first game, so this is the norm, not the exception.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I think a lot of people who complain about FF13 "playing itself" are also the sort of people who think that casting fire magic on ice monsters is a brilliant strategic decision, so they're a little upset when that gets automated by a simple algorithm.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Is Suikoden still dead? Just checking.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I have a soft spot for Suikoden 3 because it was my introduction to the series. The only major problem I have with it is that the standard battle music is god awful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXuhB2GA7BY

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The Colonel posted:

like, years ago. it hasn't come out on the nintendo system that people currently own

And Mother 3 still has not officially seen the light of day outside of Japan.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hell yes Suikoden's not dead!!!!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm watching RPGLimitBreak's Suikothon and I somehow forgot just how bad Suikoden 4 was. Bad graphics, bad story, bad voice acting, bad protagonist, bad true rune, bad overworld, just bad. I'm amazed they even had the chance to make another game before the series died.

Suikoden 3 still looks decent though.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah the worst fight comes immediately after it :sickos:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Crowetron posted:

The steal system sucks in every Final Fantasy. Even ones that have the team thief as the male lead, like 6 and 9.

It's fine in 10. First attempt is guaranteed. Second time is 50% chance, third time is 25%, and so on. Also you can OHKO robots with it.