Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

theuglyinside.net posted:

1) We want the title, and we're going to have to hunt Brighton down to get it.

2) 1899-1900, 1901-02, 1965-66, 1977-78, 1978-79, 1983-84, 2002-03. Enough.

No more runners-up. We are going to win the title.

3) Thank God we got rid of that useless c...t, Pardew. If we'd had Adkins from the beginning of the season, we'd already be well clear at the top of the table.

4) I predict that in 4 years we'll be competing for a place in Europe in front of regular 40,000 + home crowds.

5) Happy New Year!

1. Agree

2. I can see what you're getting at but it's a litle silly

3. Woah there nelly! Hindsight is a wonderful thing

4. Wut

5. Thanks, you too!

Post from a Southampton fan forum, point number 4 would mean that we have to not only secure two promotions in four years and assemble a team to either finish in the European spots or go via the FA cup, but also extend our stadium by about 8,000 seats :350:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Iggy Pop Barker posted:

you could of been up there with the likes of Gabbiadini,Rowell

Don't forget Phillips too. As in Kevin Phillips?

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Nikolai Fuckharin posted:

Fuk u poo poo faced pompey skates im southampton 2 i die so fuk off nd go out of buissnes coz the saints dominate the south coast. its gonna be the st valentines day massacre all over again for the pompey skates

has to play

alryt u wanna play hard ball, fine i'll loving PLAY HARD BALL!! U SCUMMERS HAVE PISSED US OFF FROM THE VERY loving BEGINNING, SO U CAN CALL US SKATES BUT U A loving BUNCH OF INCEST, MOTHER loving, COCK SUCKING IMBRED TOSSERS!!!! ur symbol makes absoluteley no sense watsoever it was made for the actual football team, ours was made for the entire city, and fratton park is better than ur shithole, SO gently caress OFF U oval office BASTARD!!!

twice next season

Why can't we all get along :(

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Maybe Paul Gardner Allen will put in a bid to buy Saints.

Who?

Paul Gardner Allen, one of the world's richest men and co-founder with Bill Gates of global software giant Microsoft.

In 2007 A source close to Allen said he 'believes there is long-term investment value in UK soccer. He added: 'Southampton is a sleeping giant, a family-supported club with traditional values, and we see the value in taking the brand global.'

Come on Microsoft Man this is your chance.

------------

Yeah Mr Microsoft, make our club Windows 8.1

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Oh man, this is amazing

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

That whole article is amazing; “At first I thought it was like a Nuremberg rally.”

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

JorahTheExplorer posted:

anyone who supports ...Southampton is literally a glory hunter and should support a real team that dosen't buy the league (like QPR) i mean seriously even if you were born there you are still glory hunting scum worst kind of football fans honestly

I never thought I would see the day, what a glorious future we live in

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pantsuit posted:

I know right lmao, doesn't he realise Southampton were in League 1 five years ago?

We were

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

beautiful

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

vyelkin posted:

@GOALOTELLI

That's a funny way to spell EC10

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sepp Blatters deflating left bollock

PFFFF

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

dex_sda posted:

that dude is really mad about sports

it was a nice early display of half arsed formations without the proper use of code tags before the new season starts and hell, i respect that

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

amazing

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Paddyb posted:

Now read his "Luke Shaw is Gareth Bale" article.

This is insane, I love it

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

lmao

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

oliwan posted:

That semi-final was hard for The Spam to take, as with all true blue fans. Conspiracy against Chelsea? I don't want to suggest it, but there is a concerted effort by the football establishment to keep Chelsea down. It is a truly conservative sport, with the old guard trying their best to keep out the young guns of Chelsea and City. What else is FFP for? Guess what though. We are here to stay. Summer 2003, Mr. Abramovich buys Chelsea FC. The day football changed forever.

I can't help but read this in Ron Manager voice, mmm?

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

TheBigAristotle posted:

Just noticed this guy's scarf after sending this classic clip to a friend posting things about MLS

:ughh:

Isn't that the guy who speaks in a ridiculously put on English accent and goes to Europe to watch football in the Summertime?

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

vyelkin posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/aug/04/southampton-premier-league-preview-2015-16#comment-56892222

I tried to copy and paste it here but it was literally more than twice the maximum post length.

Consortium always posts stuff like this and it's great

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

lol is that actionjackson?

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

lol amazing

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ninpo posted:

You'll never work with a giro?

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Von Linus posted:

Regular Shots: (-3.19 - 0.095 * distance + 3.18 * inverse_distance + 1.88 * relative_angle + 0.24 * inverse_angle - 2.09 * inverse_dist*angle + 0.45 * throughball_assist + 0.64 * throughball_2nd_assist + 0.31 * assist_across_face - 0.15 * cutback_assist + 2.18 * inverse_assist_distance + 0.12 * assist_angle + 0.23 * fast_break + 0.18 * counterattack + 0.09 * established_possession - 0.18 * following_corner + 1.2 * big_chance + 1.1 * following_error + 0.39 * following_dribble + 0.14 * dribble_distance + 0.37 * rebound + 0.03 * game_state + 0.07 * Bundesliga - 0.1 * EPL - 0.09 * LaLiga - 0.07 * SerieA)

stats so tasty you could eat them, yum

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ephex posted:

Has science gone too far?

Not far enough, ephex, let's explore it more

Let's not, it's pure and beautiful

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bogan Krkic posted:

We all hate Leeds, and we all hate the chels. Coincidence?

I think you're onto something there, steve

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

eeeeannd, eeeeannd, eeeeannd

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kick off 7 'triangles' on the Amiga looking good

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

definitely lmao worthy and wrong thread

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Brendan Rodgers posted:

I am officially no longer a gooner. I'm parting ways with my beloved Arsenal. I am focusing all of my support on the mighty Crewe from now on. We may be poo poo but they're my home team. Arsenal are also poo poo but are a dirty southern club. Thanks for the memories, but it's time to move on. You won't see much on here anymore but I may just pop up out of no where now and again to rattle some oval office when I'm bored.

lmao at Arsenal being called a southern club. I do however admire the switch to Crewe Alexandra

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tongues posted:

We don't really get this in Australia, it's more of a cultural cringe that we're not doing exactly what everyone else is doing and therefore we're bad and should feel bad and also go watch afl unless you hate mateship and larrikinism and the anzacs you isis wog poofter

Most days at work for me hearing that stuff, it's great

trem_two posted:

words and that

I love the way the first quote starts out reasonably rational then descends into insanity. Guy should :justpost: more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

amazing