Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

triplexpac posted:

Magnet-o. Magnetman.

Magno Dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

MassRafTer posted:

The PSPcast is probably dead forever because The Goog got some job that doesn't allow him to be up til 1 AM and the Hulkamatt has some job and whenever they say "We'll record on Tuesday" it means "We'll record never."

I hope not. You guys are always a helpful bit of fun audio during my work week :(

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Ten Count: If you could swap anyone's current gimmick with a gimmick from another era, who would it be and what would they get? And also...why?

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

HulkaMatt posted:

So about that...

We... recorded last night.

I am eagerly awaiting this :allears:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Listening to the new Punchsport: I think achillesfoever was thinking of Red Robin prices, not 5 guys. 5 Guys isn't that expensive ot my recollection and even a small fry gives you a lot of fries. Thus ends my fat talk.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I like how Bryan kept talking about how people weren't supposed to be able to cancel the network when it initially launched. I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you could, it just meant you paid $60 right then as opposed to $10 for 6 months.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Daniel Bryan posted:

You could set it to not renew after six months. What Bryan's referring to is the loopholes that allowed you to get out of the six month commitment.

Those examples makes sense, just sounded like Bryan was yelling about a thing without the whole story. Though I know you could have it not renew after 6 months, that's what I did after all.

I am afraid to listen to the indiegogo hosts in a related note. I guess it depends who all got it. Maybe one is After Dark with Jason from British Columbia :allears:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

njsykora posted:

This week's one wasn't bad, though he did push the dick jokes a little far beyond where they would usually be left to die.

Yea he wasn't too bad really. The rant at the end of the show was a bit eye rolling but I thought it was a fun show overall.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

triplexpac posted:

What's Ed been doing?

Mostly calling in about women's wrestling every week and acting like he is best friends with some of them because he knows some of the lady wrestlers.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
All I know is Vinny's sheer vitriol today at Dolph Ziggler's speech was pretty wonderful.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I don't mind skipping an After Dark here and then. Like a while back he had the one lady who talked about all sorts of monsters in the US or the guy last week with the creepy clown vans and poo poo were really fun to listen to. I don't really care about nutritional science from a paranormal radio show unless the food is also somehow a ghost and or cryptid.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Luke Hawx shooting an angle on Wrestling Observer Live yesterday was just embarrassing.

Did that get any better? I topped around the 3 minute mark or so when he kept going on about AJ being handfed everything.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
If I remember right Granny came on because Stacy Kiebler or someone was on Dancing with the Stars so Bryan had her report on it every week? It was some reality show...

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Listening to the prediction show...shuuut the gently caress up Ed.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

ICHIBAHN posted:

I hate Ole Anderson!

Eat Ole and Arn Anderson

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

elf help book posted:

Last night was really odd. I wouldn't say people were booing a ton, or cheering, or even loud, but they were noisy. Like everyone in the crowd were just talking to each other instead of watching.

Yea I did not like the crowd last night. Really a lot of the people going NO in the front row I saw seemed to be a bunch of kids in Cena shirts though there were some guys who seemed to be going both ways with yes-es and no-s all night too so I don't even know.

Either way, I don't think Dave was right about Bryan being catch phrase over.

Good Listener fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Feb 10, 2015

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I'd like if maybe Bryan and Mike did a show outside of Wrestling Observer Live if only because I've gotten tired of listening to people call in I think. Mainly cuz it's the same people every time.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

njsykora posted:

Yeah, the last 2 weeks of WOL have been great because there haven't been callers interrupting discussion so we've actually gotten to hear them cover news and stuff. I can understand callers on the upcoming daily shows because there's not gonna be 40 minutes worth of material every day but I'd like it if on Sundays they had one hour without callers just to get through news and discussion and lay out some potential talking points before opening it up to people.

Plus the daily callers are all gonna be the same. Ryan, Ed etc and they're gonna take up at least 5 minutes of airtime each.

Yea basically this. I skipped their whole week long observer radio last month because of the comments about Ryan calling in every day. I don't need to hear him ever again but I inadvertently will. I think he has surpassed the "ugh" factor I used to have of Dave from Wisconsin.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Such a huge wall of text that seems to really say nothing. That's Russo in a nutshell though I think.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

triplexpac posted:

Check out the Giant Bombcast this week if you'd like to hear Dan and Jeff smarten up Drew as to what pro wrestling REALLY is

Like Jeff, I too was ashamed to know exactly what Dan was saying.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I think Granny is using those chocolate bars in the rehab center like cigarettes in prison.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
A debate on After Dark featuring Ryan from Cumberland? Oh boy~

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Cardboard Box posted:

goddd i hate all the people who call into observer live. every one of them

I have basically dropped any show on Observer with the possibility of call ins so I'm way behind on After Dark too because of it.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

rotinaj posted:

Probably a holdover of his bodybuilding days? Pizza's a really bad food to eat if you're trying to be body conscious.

This still sounds like an incomprehensible thought to me. Especially when I see The Rock and his mountains of pizzas. Granted he is some kind of body building freak but.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I like the Bryan and Vinny show whether Craig, Granny or especially Wang is there. I also like when their one bud who's name I forget drops by. He is pretty ok.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I like how Pat Laprade thought the crowd was chanting "We want Lou Thesz" in place of "Blue Pants"

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

sportsgenius86 posted:

I like the Granny stuff, to be honest, but any more than one time a week for 25 minutes or so would be too much.

Same. Once a week is just fine by me. Similarly every other week with Lance is fine too.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

epitasis posted:

lmao I didn't realize Ryan from Cumberland called in to After Dark too

This is why I stopped listening to After Dark. Also a string of bad guests at one point just soured me on it.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I liked Vinny hating TNA so much that he blamed literal babies for profiting from it in any way.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Luigi Thirty posted:

That Bruno interview with Dave is fantastic. I think my favorite part was when Dave asked how big of weights he uses today. Bruno said he used to do curls with 100lb dumbbells, but today he uses 30lb ones. Bryan despondently adds "I use 30lb dumbbells..."

I also liked his story about trying to pin the bear. Whenever Bruno is on, good times are ahead.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I am like already bummed and they haven't even recorded a new show yet. Vinny's reactions to dumb poo poo is kind of why I listened a lot of the time.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I read that article and know what you mean. The way it started made me think he was announcing his retirement at the end of it but it went in the opposite direction entirely.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
It is always great when Wang is on though I feel like he is one of those guys you'd wanna smack upside the head often in real life. This might be why it is great to have him on just to see how exasperated or confused he can make Bryan and or Vinny/Craig.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

sportsgenius86 posted:

Wang is just a nice fun guy who isn't afraid to embarrass himself.

This is also true.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I feel like I need to find these kicks of Bram's to see if it really is as bad as Bryan said.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Mark kept reminding me of Brad Neely doing "Wizard People, Dear Reader" with his screechy voice.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Spermgod posted:

Bryan talking about lucha matches being more inclined to be "just a bunch of spots" was cringeworthy and he should know better.

You should know better when the person talking about lucha matches is Bryan Alvarez.

But no, it was pretty bad, you are right.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Marquis de Pyro posted:

He might even say that...controversy creates cash. Boom.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I did appreciate the reveal after they finished the LU review. Vinny just completely forgetting to watch Raw was pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
But it'll still be shorter than the one Bryan did.

• Locked thread