Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I just think it's dumb to say its impossible that Punk will ever return. As long as they could make money with him, there's always the possibility.

Hart got screwed, he came back.

Warrior held up Vince for money and got fired, he came back.

Ventura and Brock sued WWE and won, they came back.

Sable sued WWE, she came back.

Austin walked out on the company, he came back.

CM Punk walked out with 30 minute notice. Welp he's blackballed for life!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

(Cross posting from Rapidly Going Deaf)

My friends and I recently got in the wrestling live internet radio/podcast game for VOCNation.com.

Compton After Dark: Episode 1 with Pro Wrestling Illustrated's Mike Bessler Originally aired 3/18.

Genre: Pro Wrestling, Comic Books, and More
Released: Weekly, Tuesday Live @ 11:30pm EST
Goons: Grant DaNasty (Producer)

Links
Facebook | Website | iTunes | Stitcher

Summary: Hosted by Dean Compton and Ryan Mays. COMPTON AFTER DARK is a weekly radio show that covers wrestling, comics, politics, and more. The show airs Tuesdays live at 11:30pm EST.

This week Dean Comptom interviews Mike Bessler of Pro Wrestling Illustrated including how he got started in pro wrestling writing. Wacky independent pro wrestlers from all over the world try to call in.

Compton After Dark: Episode 2 with TCW's Brian Thompson Originally aired 3/25

This week Dean Comptom interviews Brian Thompson of Traditional Championship Wrestling, discussing his career of promoting shows, ring announcing, and commentating in the Mid South Missouri/Arkansas/Tennessee area including such promotions as Gateway Championship Wrestling and Memphis Championship Wrestling when it was a WWF developmental territory.

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Apr 2, 2014

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Is this the Bo Dallas hotline?

No it's not.

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Apr 23, 2014

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Meat Recital posted:

I only just started on the Hey man/Austin podcast, and it's seriously killing my childhood listening to SCSA shill for his sponsors. The Texas Rattlesnake who trusts no one shouldn't be telling me about LegalZoom.com.

He's just trying to make some money up in this bitch. Gotta pay those gimmicks that come in the mail called bills.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Finished Sim Limite.
2 hours of divas in 1999?! I can't believe this was a serious idea.

A Russo-era 2 hour divas program focused on Sable, before the days of Trish and Lita. How would they even fill 2 hours?

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Honestly, maybe it's just cuz I listen on my laptop speakers most days, but... I can never hear it. Like Bryan's just recapping and then he goes off and I'm totally confused. Unless he DOES edit it out, but not his ranting?

I listen to the show at work with headphones and I couldn't hear Craig's phone or those drat frogs.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I listened to the second part of Austin's interview with Vince Russo, and now Russo is taking credit for giving Vince McMahon the idea for the Montreal screwjob. I remember hearing that it was Triple H that said to Vince and Shawn, "If he's not going to do business, gently caress him, we'll do business for him." Is this the first time that Russo has said that he was behind the idea?

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I Before E posted:

For the Punchsport Podcast: If instead of 1998 WCW or 1998 WWF, the Brawl IV All was held in 1998 ECW, how many people would be dead at the hands of New Jack by the time he won?

I just picture Taz getting knocked out in the first round and the entire ECW crowd looking like they just found out Santa Claus isn't real.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

ch3cooh posted:

Bryan: ...could all this TNA stuff be an angle?
Dave: gently caress NO

This show was the angriest I've ever heard Dave. There was one point when Bryan asked him something, and Dave snaps back with something like "Were you even listening to what I said?"

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Does Bryan Alvarez seriously not know what fracking is??

Edit: Sorry false alarm. I really thought this was another "wrestling bubble" moment.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

Or about how his dad made him murder a litter of puppies because they were the product of incest, but it's okay, because it taught him responsibility.

Goddamn that was a disturbing story. I wonder if he tells it at his one man shows.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I hope it was his closer.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

If you wan to get mad at idiots, listen to MLW with Disco and Ed Ferrara this week.

Holy poo poo those guys are delusional. The Wrestling Illuminati (McMahons, Meltzer, Jado & Gedo, etc) need to excommunicate these guys from ever writing for wrestling again and silence them from possibly poisoning the minds of the youth.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Thauros posted:

Another great story about Vince being Vince from Jericho's book has been floated. I guess it kinda belongs here as Jericho's a podcaster now anyway:

http://wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/1018/583140/chris-jericho-says-wwe-star-challenged-vince-mcmahon-to-a-fight/ (yeah I know the site's questionable, but this is apparently sourced from the book)

Goddamn there needs to be a book written or a movie made about Vince. I know he'd never do it himself, but maybe after he dies Shane or Stephanie will do it. The legend of this man needs to be documented.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Inspired by Vinny's latest rant

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Daniel Bryan posted:

They have Cena's.

Along with his likeness, ring wear, haircut, and DNA.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Wang is such a character it's almost hard to believe he's not an actor playing a role. Between asking for a cosmopolitan, saying he wouldn't remove his hat for his headphones because it's "part of the outfit", and freaking out after biting into a liquor filled chocolate, he's like the anti-Macho Man.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

OctoberCountry posted:

Wang is the best.

Aww, I had a much more stylish hat pictured in my head.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I just listened to the latest Piper's Pit with Jim Ross. The plug at the end was great.

Piper: "and you will be doing commentary for uh N.. J.. P.. W's Wrestling Kingdom 9 on January 4th. That's gonna be in... is that in Nashvillle?"

Ross: "Tokyo."

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Any of the Bruno Sammartino interviews on Observer Radio. There is a Paul Heyman interview from the time of Lou Albano's death that is must listen. As for current stuff listen to Observer Radio, Bryana and Vinny and FFD with Dr. Lucha. Skip the Todd shows and the Lance shows unless you like Lance's analysis or Todd and Bryan being morons.

I think I may be going to re-listen to these as well. There may be more Brunos that I'm missing.

Paul Heyman on Lou Albano - http://media001.f4wonline.com/dmdocuments/101809wo.mp3

Bruno 11/3/10 - http://www.f4wonline.com/component/content/article/18199/

Bruno 7/20/11 - http://media001.f4wonline.com/dmdocuments/072011wo.mp3

Bruno 2/6/13 - http://media001.f4wonline.com/dmdocuments/020613bruno.mp3

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Why on earth would wrestling fans voice their displeasure of the show by chanting the name of the guy who walked out, sued WWE, and publicly embarrassed them on a podcast? This BAFFLES me!

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Benne posted:

Is Dixie's conference call still going on?

"TNA is not going out of business. We'll all be fine. Don't believe the rumors.

... There, that outta hold those little SOBs."

"... uhh Ms Carter we're still on speakerphone."

"Well son of a... "(CLICK)

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Tell me of the Babby burial!

Bryan was complaining about Triple H bringing out Bad News Barrett to take out Reigns even though he loses all the time. Bryan said it would be like if he was so mad at Vinny that he brought in Joe Babinsack to fill his position as writer.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Ok what's going on here? I see Bryan, "Purple" Wang, Whitney(?), and Vinny getting molested by the Star Wars trash compactor monster.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

ayn rand hand job posted:

Bryan's 40th birthday party

there was a foam pit

it was hard to climb out of

it did not end well

Ahh ok. I've let my subscription lapse recently, and I'm waiting for another huge LOLTNA moment to happen before I re-up. I'll have to check it out then.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

When the show started, did they actually say,"Okay it's Will Sasso guys!" or did they just launch right into an interview with "Austin" right off the bat?

I only made it halfway through that podcast. He introduced Sasso as Austin, and he stayed in character throughout. It was the worst Comedy Bang Bang ever.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

:lol: that caught me off guard

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I hope he has an even worse tattoo on his abdomen that Cornette can be looking at.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Luigi Thirty posted:

Cornette somehow goes off on a tangent about how the reason women don't go to wrestling matches anymore is because the male wrestlers play video games instead of loving the rats and how he tried to drum up business for SMW by telling the babyfaces to gently caress more rats (because only the Rock and Roll Express were)

You should find the Jericho podcasts where he interviews Lance Storm because they talk a bit about Cornette and his ring rat policy. Jericho says that Cornette told everyone in WWE that Jericho was gay because he wouldn't gently caress the rats in Smokey Mountain Wrestling. Lance said he never hosed the rats because he was married, and Jericho said he didn't because he has standards. Apparently the rats of SMW were not very attractive.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

epitasis posted:

"he wouldnt ask you to do anything he wouldn't do himself" doesnt mean much when hes crazy enough to do anything

I just watched the trailer for the Scott Hall YouShoot earlier today, and he says that when Vince was laying out the Goldust/Razor Ramon gay angle to him that Vince tells him of his first homosexual experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnoSANFsDOw&t=138s

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Nov 12, 2015

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Luigi Thirty posted:

e: Jesus, she sounds like a wreck on this. She blames not wanting to be associated with Jim Cornette's racism, MLW being a complete clusterfuck, people sending her death threats because Konnan doesn't like her, people trolling her 24/7 on social media, not liking wrestling, and nobody listening to her political podcast when she stopped talking about wrestling. Of course the answer to all this is "good riddance loving bitch" from rednecks on the internet.

First off, if she felt uncomfortable with Cornette's opinions, that's perfectly fine and I don't fault her for leaving. That said...

Hahaha, she was upset with all the rednecks wanting to talk about nothing but wrestling on a Jim Cornette podcast? Is she seriously this dumb? Did she think people were downloading it to hear their political commentary.

And "Waaaa! No one was listening to my podcast." What an entitled baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Call Me Charlie posted:

"And then my one other issue, and it's a nit-pick but, to me, Matt Striker so doesn't fit. And it's not his commentary that doesn't fit. But it's just this Lucha Underground temple has this feel of this dirty place that's, I dunno, and again, I'm not up on what would be your, you know, dark dangerous hispanic neighboorhoods in LA or near the border in Mexico...it's got this dingy, grimmy, awesome feel to it and then there's just whiter than white bread dude sitting there in his suit and his tie and I'm just like 'why is this person in the building? and how many times does he get mugged and raped when he leaves?'" - Lance Storm

Matt Striker has to keep his car keys hidden up his rear end when he leaves.

• Locked thread