Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ExplodingSquid posted:

Wah Wah Waaaaah *trumpet*

Great, now this is gonna be the only thing I'll think while watching the movie :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Yannick_B posted:

That being said, I think it fouls up Spider-Man basics so bad (Peter Parker would never go "the best promises are the ones you break" that is straight-up vile and the entire opposite of the character) on top of other stuff-it sinks the movie for me.

I've always thought that the core of Spiderman is doing the right thing no matter what and in that point the movie delivers.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Holy poo poo

Where those Ock's arms and Vulture's wings?

This movie can't be released fast enough :flashfap:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
International trailer with more new footage (potentially spoilerific)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXhv7CoLAOo

I LOVE the chemistry between Peter and Gwen :swoon:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So this is a thing

http://thedailybugle.tumblr.com/post/72809540399/by-ken-ellis-its-either-a-sign-of-the-times-or-a

:psyduck:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsTr1mjNOBs

:gizz:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ThermoPhysical posted:

Ok, BIG warning here if you don't like spoilers.

Kellogg's has apparently shown a BIG spoiler for the movie. I personally haven't read the full article to avoid the spoiler, but I'll spoil the general idea of it just in case you want to go in blind or something.

Apparently, one of the main cast dies. I had a friend read the article and it's NOT Gwen...so...yeah. I could see it being Aunt May. I imagine Sally Field is expensive...or Electro due to Jamie Foxx for the same reason for the same reason.

Also, it's confirmed that Rhino only has 4 minutes of screen time.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/mar/10/spider-man-2-spoiler-cereal-advert

For those wondering what spoils the article: Norman died between movies

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

TheJoker138 posted:

But then how do we see him talking to Harry in the trailer? Flashbacks?

That would be my guess, the outline giving on the article is than Norman's death is what brings Harry to Peter

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

That was FANTASTIC!

Andrew really is the best :allears:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Just came back from seeing it, FANTASTIC movie. I didn't found it too cluttered and everything got a (passing) explanation so there wasn't any asspulls. However it did felt like a preamble of sorts, like we were just seeing half of the story therefore lacking a real conclusion and plenty of plot hooks, in few words it was like seeing a comic book with actors with everything that entails (silly origins, weird character quirks, 'see you next issue' kind of endings, non-stop action).

Really pleased with it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

DrVenkman posted:

My issue is almost that it feels like the latter half one movie and then the start of another. It's a little all over the place. It borrows liberally from Spider-Man 2 as well, but I still don't think they've nailed the 'Good guy goes bad with power' quite as well as that movie did with Doc Ock, which both set him up as a believable good guy and then provided pretty good reasoning for him to turn the way he does. That's actually two movies now where they've tried and failed to get that right. This just has that weird stuff with BJ Novak that gets no payoff (Though you know there's an edit out there where he gets his commupance) and then you have Harry who goes from being I guess a good guy (but still sinister for no reason) to out and out villain without a thought.

It's just frustrating because I feel like there's aspects they absolutely nail and again, Garfield is fantastic, but there's some real clunky stuff in there.

To be fair, I don't think we should thought of Max like a good guy. He was pretty unhinged before turning into Electro, he was just much of a coward to do what he really wanted to do.

Harry on the other hand was predictable and something out of a comicbook (or as Baron Bifford says, a cartoon), things wouldn't gotten so bad if Peter would've been honest with him since the beginning. I did found awfully convenient that his genetic defect made him goblin-like though.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Baron Bifford posted:

No, it's not the logic that I question, I just don't think it really fits the character. I don't think Peter's father should be some sort of super-spy archetype.

You're aware that the Parkers were super-spies on the comics, right? The movie version is way toned down.

If anything, I'm bothered by how easy they kicked Harry out from Oscorp.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
But this sort of retcon isn't common on modern takes of superheroes? I'm not big on Marvel but I doubt than Tony's father being involved with the supersoldier research was there when Iron Man was created.

I think is more an effort of the writers to give a logical explanation of the character in turn. Spiderman origin doesn't exactly hold up nowadays (mainly because people is more aware that radiation doesn't work like that).

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

TheJoker138 posted:

He invents the shooters, but the webs themselves are at least partially based on an Oscorp product.

And he needs Gwen help to improve the shooters.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Crisco Kid posted:

Electro went from worshiping the one guy who treated him with respect to wanting to kill the same person, for what? Because Spider-Man got some screen-time in Time Square, while simultaneously being the only person who still treated Electro/Max with respect and dignity? To make that narrative work, I have to ignore that Max seemingly became infatuated with Spider-Man because Spidey treated him like a human being instead of walking all over him like the other people in his life. I have to ignore how, when he sees himself projected on all those Time Square screens, he doesn't react at all to his RADICALLY DIFFERENT appearance, but just the fact that he's being seen, which is different from popular, which is a different motivation from being treated with respect. And when the guy he fanboys is literally saving his life and giving him yet more positive attention, I have to pretend Electro feels... betrayed?
He FELT betrayed by Spider-man thanks to the trigger-happy sniper,everything snowballed from there

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Timby posted:

Kurtzman is writing and directing Venom (now titled Venom Carnage :suicide: ) and is at the very least working on the story for Spider-Man 3.

Thought Venom was dead on the water (again) since it was never mentioned when they gave release dates for Sinister Six and ASM3 or when the story about a female lead spinoff broke.

I just saw an elminated scene where Richard Parker is alive and he talks to Peter after Gwen's death. Is on the home release? Might had to pick it up if so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Oh, that explains it. I got the news of the spinoff through CBR and Newsarama and they didn't mentioned anything else.

Still, the odds for Venom seem pretty low and Newsarama questioned Kurtzman directing it thanks to his recent commitment to the mummy

• Locked thread