Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Bad Munki posted:

Good god I want to see that thing again next spring.

I give it till the end of summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Loopyface posted:

and our fir extinguisher stickers

Please do not make fun, christmas tree fires are a very serious safety hazard.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

If it really bothers you and it's a permanent residence, you can't ever go wrong with one of these:

I'm 6'5" and used to have to bend over to wash my head. Got one of those and a waterfall showerhead (hose sprayer integrated into the head too, it's awesome), first time I turned it on was a religious experience.

Best :tenbux: I've ever spent, bar none.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

LeJackal posted:

The woods? Where people picnic and overly romantic couples gently caress? What the hell is wrong with you?

We always did it out in the swamp. Body sinks out of sight, gators recycle it into genuine swamp muck. Plus you can catch dinner on the way home! :banjo:

Cut out the middlemangator, recycle the body yourself. :unsmigghh:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Either way, I think we can all agree it's better than what was there. Christ.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Qwijib0 posted:

Nah, it's just gone goku.

Where is he getting all this power!?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Honestly it kind of reminds me in the tech industry where all the Asians (east asians, subcontinentals, you name it) insist on buying a new house because they assume anything old is just crap. I don't see that literally, but they all are obsessed with certain HOA subdivisions.

It's the same with cars. Through some combination of "old=poo poo" attitude and regulations that make older cars expensive to maintain (near complete brake system overhauls after 5 years, etc.), cars tend to get sent to the junkyard with less than 100k miles on the clock, often less than 50k. It's how there's such a glut of Japanese-market engines available for cheap over here, and plentiful low-mile JDM cars to import in other countries where the restriction on importing foreign-market cars isn't 25 years like it is here.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

FCKGW posted:

It was a marijuana grow house that caught fire

That price listing is inspired. :allears:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

MrYenko posted:

Although it's admittedly kinda dangerous, that's really loving cool.

That place must smell FANTASTIC.

Probably got a pretty bad weed problem, though.

i'll stop now

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

~Coxy posted:

Is there really no upright holding up that stairs/landing?

It's hard to see but there's a support beam right where the stairs meet the walkway.

Between that support and possibly being cantilevered into the building (which we can't see,) it's probably fine, just looks weird.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Nitrox posted:

How well do those heating shower heads work?

Shockingly well.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Leperflesh posted:

blech. That is an audio track from a metallica drum solo, spliced to another solo I don't recognize, and badly applied to a video track of Animal playing, with a bad cutoff.

That is clearly Painkiller by Judas Priest. For shame. :colbert:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Darchangel posted:

The day I don't recognize a variation on Roy's speech is the day I turn in my nerd card and lay down to die myself. Nicely done.

I've never even seen the movie (I KNOW SHUT UP) and I recognized it.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Subcomputer posted:

The really "nice" piece of work that I want to see what you all think about is a cooling system for an indoor forge. Let's take a look at how that was done.

Is... is that a thing people do? Like, inside the house? I could see in a purpose-built shed so you're not out in the sun, but...

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Is there any functional drawback to copper lines at all? I get they're a bit harder to install what with brazing and all, and I'm sure they're more expensive than [insert plastic here], but other than that?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Indolent Bastard posted:

Can you guess what safety device has been installed (badly) here?

Just spitballing, CO detector?

fake edit: wait that's a loving garage door cutout sensor isn't it? :stonk:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

BUT BUT DARWIN

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Yeah, that's a pretty big fuckup.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I mean we went for millions of years as a species and millenia of recorded history without them, but... that is a level of "I don't feel like moving my poo poo" that I just could not commit to.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

So who here can tell me why this 60W bulb was burning about 3x brighter than the other 60W bulbs in the same fixture?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

It was an old one. I had taken the fixture down to check some wiring, when I put it back up the one bulb was mega bright. Filament must have got knocked loose, then contacted just right to short out like that.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

"I expected it to be bad" doesn't negate "it is bad".

PSWII60 didn't come across as complaining, just, y'know, providing thread content.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Laminator posted:

I am guessing that one of the Romex is from the panel and the other is wired to the dishwasher. I didn't actually disconnect the wires or test what's hot and ground, since I don't have a multimeter or tester.

This is the correct answer.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

:laffo: took me a second

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

some texas redneck posted:

One restaurant I worked in always had issues with getting scalding hot water from the toilets, sinks, etc. Let me tell you, it wasn't fun taking a dump at work.

... they always left both valves on the mop sink wide open, and had a Y splitter on it with individual shutoffs (the kind you'd use to hook up 2 hoses or sprinklers to an outside spigot). I'd turn off the cold water at the mop sink every few days, things would be fine, then someone would think you needed warm instead of hot water for the mop bucket.

Wait, as in both faucets tied together into a single hose? :psyduck:

I mean I'm familiar with the general intellectual class of people you work with, but still.. loving A.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Ok, that's slightly less silly.

Still, seems like the sort of thing that ought to just have separate taps, for that very reason.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Samizdata posted:

Since there's a lot of newbs in here, why would this be bad?

The outlet would burn up/otherwise fail at say 18 amps without tripping the breaker.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

insta posted:

15 and 20A outlets are mechanically identical.

Then why are they rated differently? Because "gently caress You, pay us more"?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

It's like that bricklaying video, so goddamn soothing.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

NancyPants posted:

1:53 tree stump was great

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Motronic posted:

He was going a gag for a comedy show.

Top Gear is was a Very Serious Informative Motoring Programme, thank you very much.

E: Obiously the best road roller would have been a 400lb concrete slab.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Liquid Communism posted:

Nah, Kastein is literally replacing his house with a new house one piece at a time.

20 years from now

"Oh this? Well it's a 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 domicile..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWHniL8MyMM

E: f,b by 12 fuckin hours. don't post while sleep deprived kiddos.

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Sep 29, 2015

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Motronic posted:

Hell, Kasteins house had like 6 layers and it's totally fine :)

I was gonna post this earlier but i forgot i had the tab open :downs:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I'm sure it's a great product but lol at "100% chemical free". So you've discovered neutron matter, have you?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

~Coxy posted:

Stainless steel countertops and a restaurant-grade dishwasher.

And a floor drain so you can do kitchen cleaning with a hose and squeegee. :black101:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Nitrox posted:

Totally, yeah. It's hard to navigate on my phone, can you summarize if not too much trouble?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

clean burning charcoal shouldn't taste like anything and powerful enough gas/electric/infrared/whatever grills cook just as good as charcoal

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

you wouldn't need a very thick piece of iron; you're looking to transfer the heat, not store it. Make it just thick enough that it won't melt on an inductor set to 'high" and you'd bee good to go.

and for something where REALLY rapid temp control is needed like making sauces... physically remove the pan from the burner? wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

canyoneer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1SOOpEXsjc

Crappy or cool?

I'm going to go with "silly idea, well executed"

That's loving amazing.