Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Reformed Pissboy posted:

So many people (rightfully) on board with Gil & George, but so few for Ronna & Beverly, the same characters. As Yusuf once said, it's a wild world. :guinness:

Ronna and Bev are alot lower class then George and Gil. They are like Coffee Talk v2.0.

Edit: When I mean lower class I'm talking about their characters, not in the quality of their material.

GoutPatrol fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Aug 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

padijun posted:

I loving love it when gabrus calls out nitpicky scott

I also want to try one of todd's poptart ice cream sandwiches

I want to eat his whole ice cream cake

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The Ape of Naples posted:

Ahhhh. It kinda makes sense though they put out a poo poo ton of episodes.

Both PFT and Scott have canceled shows. They need to combine forces for something new.

Going by podcast scuttlebutt working with PFT on a show is how you lose friendships.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

peepsalot posted:

"Somehwere real near or somehwere real far, hell be drinking coffee, she'll be blah blah blah" i really don't like that song whatever it is. Do they sing that one in cuatrolo?

That's from Annie.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

JethroMcB posted:

For me, that was Brett's "original" Eagleheart pilot. I was in the process of moving out of my old apartment and needed something to listen to as I was packing up my kitchen, so I decided to give CBB a shot. "Oh, an episode with the cast of Eagleheart, I bet that'll be good" I thought. Thirty minutes later I've stopped any kind of meaningful work and am doubled-over laughing, head in arms on the counter, as they went through the increasingly dark story of Brett, Susie and Chief as degenerate heroin addicts. CBB Fan for life, right then.

Was there ever an explanation why Chief left after the first season?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Can we vote for the end-of-year shows yet?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Make jukebox jury great again

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Howard is also much taller than I thought in Trump's America

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

EL BROMANCE posted:

The 'howl is very broken' loophole will probably still work until the new system is in place, so all you have to do is go to the tour page with all the episodes, hit 'view source' in the browser, and copy paste the URL for the episode you want to listen to including all the bits and pieces at the end and it'll play. It's a very bad website.

I think they may have figured it out. I can't seem to figure out how to download the Boston Strangler podcasts that way.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I'm surprised Al A. Peterson the Smooth Criminal story didn't get put up in the countdown. Each story telling of that clumsy portmanteau was the funniest thing of 2016.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

JethroMcB posted:

Next time Scott gets angry on mic, somebody should ask him to calm down and mention how he's standing on the table swinging his fists at everyone.

and crying.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

xbilkis posted:

There's also an inexplicably deleted scene with Claudia O'Doherty that's worth hunting down

Seconded. Excellent scene. Why would they need to cut things on Netflix.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Your honor, I present the following evidence to the court: Season 4 of Arrested Development and Season 2 of Kimmy Schmidt.

Season 4 I agree with you. What was wrong about S2 Kimmy?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Love is very good. One of my favorite Netflix shows.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Is the n-word?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Franchescanado posted:

It really is. I usually don't go for Middleditch's characters, but this has been one of the best he's done, and it's the best episode featuring the lovely lads from SillyCone Valet.

Did classic Jarles show up?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The Berzerker posted:

I hate the Beth character and I don't care who knows it

pow pow

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Franchescanado posted:

This CBB was hilarious. I love anytime John Gemberling plays a character unaware they're on a show or podcast. All three guests were awesome and very funny.

HEY GREAT GRANDMA YOU GOTTA poo poo

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I wish they had video of the last christmas episode when John Lennon got a Chicago accent.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I like Betsy but sometimes on I4H her improv style is like Meisner repetition of whatever Gabrus said.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Big Mouth is an excellent show and everyone should watch it.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

da beeper king BABY posted:

He better actually have the bachelor brothers on next year

Didn't they have a show a couple of months ago?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Papa John Misty posted:

Get the gently caress out to the door.

everybody do the dinosaur

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Last year's Holiday ep was the best, especially when John Lennon gains a Chicago accent.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

da beeper king BABY posted:

No one has time to listen to the best ofs, they should make a best of the best ofs!!

If you go back in this thread far enough a soundcloud link was posted and I listened to it, because I think they're banter is sometimes better than the clips. It was 7 hours long or somesuch.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Unmature posted:

I am rapidly discovering that I do not like R.E.M.

you better change your username to unmature to uncool

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Terror Sweat posted:

its a bad entry point, but a hilarious fuckin episode

Big Apple Bible's bit where Sean goes in to the church is the funniest thing ever on HH.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The Action Man posted:

Is anyone else unable to get "Bananas for Bonanza" to work on Sticher Premium? I'm worried the lawyers for Lorn Greene got to Mr. Daly sometime last week.

I really hope it's just a technical glitch, because that episode is pure gold. I can't recommend it highly enough.

"So Little Joe supports slavery."
PFT GUFFAWS LOUDLY OFF MIC

Top 3 PFTisms:
3. Off-mic guffaws
2. Putting away childish things
1. Hating misery old crones

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

GobiasIndustries posted:

Ducca vs Geno in the first round is cruel

Also where the gently caress are Tiny and Victor :mad:

Cody's final gently caress you to everyone

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

feedmyleg posted:

I do not like Chupacabra.

What about the baby?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Franchescanado posted:

I think the appeal that other podcasts lack is that HH regularly talks poo poo about Earwolf, fellow podcasts, and other comedians. It's incredibly niche in general, but it also seems to have the highest chances of listener crossover because of all the Earwolf-centric jokes.

They are the glue connecting the earwolf podcast universe together.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

LesterGroans posted:

Ming only clicked for me the first time he got mad at Scott.

The man will not be made the fool.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

drat he's lost like 100 pounds!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

the Insane Piano posted:

People only comment to complain and there just wasn't anything to complain about about that episode.

I rarely post because I'm usually a week behind on episodes. Its almost like a game for me trying to figure out what the one word nonsense posts are referencing.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The first ever non-classical concert I've ever been to was Weird Al at Atlantic City when he was touring for Poodle Hat. My parents played slots and my sister and I had a great time. Al is a consummate showman.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

xbilkis posted:

This is why I also love all John Gemberling appearances and any PFT character that points out how insane Scott's hosting style is when taken at face value

The 2016 tour is great for that because every PFT character is immediately against anything Scott says.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

SpacePig posted:

Wasn't that also the tour where they were moving pretty much constantly and getting little rest, so PFT's characters went from generally disagreeable to actively hostile?

They talk about it on the best of shows. New characters would remember very pretty slights on previous shows.

When PFT wants to be petty, he can be very petty. A good example is when he makes fun of Scott for thinking there should be a new Prince because he's dead.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Gemberling now gets a flurry of tweets whenever beastality becomes national news, so I hope he is happy with that stance

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Franchescanado posted:

It's fine, but it didn't get a lot of laughs from me.

The "let's look left/right/up/down" bit always feels like filler and I never find it funny, and it felt like it went on for ten minutes.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand 10 more minutes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Terror Sweat posted:

Duo characters are never really that great. Except when bone queef and chief came on together, but that might be because they started as individuals

How about the original duo, Chupacabra and Baby