Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I listened to the most recent episode today and it was ok, but am I the only one that's never really liked "What Am I Thinking?" It's a fun game to play but I don't enjoy listening to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Blackula69 posted:

One thing, though - there's an episode with WYR when Scott says "Send your scenarios to me on Twitter, but only when I ask for them" and Chupacabra goes "Why, are you printing them out?" and everybody dies laughing. It was pretty recent, like maybe in the 80-110 range, but I can't find it. Anyone have a clue?

e: This may be the episode with Goatron.

That line is from episode 59 with Paul F Tompkins, Andy Daly (As August Lindt) and Todd Glass.

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 10, 2011

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Man I got excited when I saw that Paul Scheer is on CBB this week but then I saw Brody Stevens and I'm not sure if I want to listen any more. I don't really get that guy, I've just found him really obnoxious every time I've heard him.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Bunk Rogers posted:

I'm right there with you but he was very subdued for this episode.

Yeah I just got finished listening to it and I actually liked him a lot.

I love when they have Paul Scheer on, his characters are always so good.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Slotducks posted:

Second week in a row where I had turned it off halfway through due to sheer boredom.

Nick Swardson isn't very funny either.

You should just skip to when Paul Scheer's character comes in.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I thought this was pretty neat, someone in the Earwolf comments posted a bunch of photos from the show. Some of the photos are of the table they sit at during the show and a lot of the guests have written stuff on it.

That's all of the table pictures I think, but you can see the rest of the photos here

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They could do the Who Said It? Michael Jackson joke every week and I would still laugh

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

He'll be on the Todd Glass Show this week. (which is one of the best podcasts right now and you should all be listening to it)

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Nov 16, 2011

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

Is there a CBB/CDR where Giamatti guests?

He was in episodes 72 and 93. He's one of the best characters that's been done on the show

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What am I thinking really is pretty awful though. I wish they wouldn't play it so often.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The Christmas episode is pretty amazing go listen to it right now

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It looks like Ronna & Beverly are joining Earwolf. One of their old episodes with Paul F Tompkins was released today as an Earwolf Presents.

I liked it but it could just be that PFT makes everything funny.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I just saw the guests for today's episode (Paul F Tompkins, Greg Proops and James Adomian) and I can only imagine that this episode will be amazing

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Hee hee
Shamone
Where's Lisa Marie
Dah
Where dem elephant bones
Where's Macaulay
Dah
Shamone
Hoo
Where my glove
Hoo

Who said it?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Paul Scheer is also great, I wish he was on more.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Am I the only extremely impatient podcast listener that just skips ads and songs?

Though a while back, I remember sitting through one of the songs in a CBB episode with Weird Al, Amy Phillips and Todd Glass and they cut off in the middle of the song to play an ad, I think? Do they always do that?

I think the only podcast where I don't skip ads is The Todd Glass show, because he turns them into bits. I've also been getting through the backlog of The Smartest Man in the World, and Greg Proops handles ads pretty well too.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Stupid CBB, now I kinda want to go see Premium Rush for real now

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Paul Scheer is my favourite guest and I wish he was on CBB more often.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

He did the Tom Leykis character a little on The Todd Glass Show if you wanna hear more

Also wow Condom Jungle is a real thing and his website really is blowmeuptom.com

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Sep 17, 2012

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

bobservo posted:

I like Workaholics, so it was cool to hear Adam on the show, but Pitch Perfect isn't really a movie for the CBB audience and Hana Mae Lee just seemed bored and slightly irritated. Also, I originally thought "get pitch slapped" was a creation of Sheer's character, rather than the movie's actual tag line.

RIDE LIKE HELL was also the real tagline of Premium Rush.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

bobservo posted:

I really liked the last episode (everyone was punchy as hell), but PFT was mostly making PFT-style observations in a Gary Marshall voice.

In terms of going, it's anything

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I picked:

143 - Grammy Spectacular - Weird Al Yankovic, Todd Glass, Amy Phillips
146 - Climbing the Ladder - Reggie Watts, Ben Schwartz, Matt Besser
147 - Raisin Norman Bates - Paul F. Tompkins, Greg Proops, James Adomian
148 - Wipeout! - Jason Mantzoukas, Andy Daly
150 - Time Bobby - Bobby Moynihan, Paul F. Tompkins
154 - Finger Guns - Lennon Parham, Jessica St. Clair
166 - Farts and Procreation 2 - Adam Scott, Harris Wittels, Chelsea Peretti
167 - New No-Nos - Jessica St. Clair, Paul Rust, Jerrod Carmichael
176 - Out of Bleeps - Amy Poehler, Jason Mantzoukas, James Adomian
178 - Motor Boating Around Town - Rob Corddry, Jessica St. Clair

I don't think there's really much chance of Farts and Procreation 2 losing but I think Wipeout or Time Bobby was probably my favourite overall.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Was there ever any word of a second season of the Comedy Bang Bang TV show? I avoided it while it was on because I thought it might be too different from the podcast or something, but I went through the whole series recently and really liked it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Don't worry Weird Al, I voted for you :smith:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Who do you guys think is the worst character that's ever been on CBB? I'm listening to the latest episode and Nancy Cooper is definitely up there. (Neil Campbell's character is amazing though)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

This Reggie Watts interview mentions that they're filming a second season of the CBB TV show in February

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Paul Scheer is basically the funniest person on the planet and I wish he was on more often

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think we can expect another PFT episode soon. There was a live CBB a couple of days ago at the Vancouver Comedy Fest with Ron Funches (Who was awesome on Who Charted a while back) and PFT as Herzog.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah the latest episode was great. I really want Adomian to do CBB as Richard Branson. He's made a few brief appearances on Sklarbro Country as him and it's always amazing. (Also Sklarbro Country in general is pretty good if you want more Adomian, he's made a lot of appearances as Tom Leykis and Jesse Ventura)

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Apr 8, 2013

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

escape artist posted:

It took a few times for me to get the "It's been" reference, but holy poo poo it slayed me every single time after that.

Is that something that Scott has used before on the show?

(I'm very new to the show)

I think it started in this (very good) episode.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think with the amount of appearances he had on the show combined with Affirmation Nation, the character was kind of run into the ground.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Cast No Engine posted:

Not even top ten? What do you have ahead of it already?

I feel the same way to be honest. It was definitely a funny episode but I liked the first two a lot more and I enjoyed a bunch of other of this year's episodes more. Off the top of my head:

- 4th Anniversary
- Time Bobby 2
- Pepper Men
- Brendan Walsh/Neil Campbell/Adomian as Ramsay
- Philip Traumatic Seymour Disorder
- Lauren Lapkus/Joe Wengert/Adam Brody
- Good Felines

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah I thought it was a solid episode. I had never heard of the guests before but I think they did pretty well, especially with this being their first time on the show.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Apparently they're streaming an episode from season 2 of the CBB TV show here but it doesn't seem to be available outside the US

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Lugaloco posted:

I'm in the UK and it's streaming fine for me :shrug:

I am too but it says it's not available in this location.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

SMP posted:

As great as Andy was, I'm a little disappointed in Paul Rust. He didn't do much this episode and his New NoNos this time were kinda weak :(

I love Paul Rust but to be honest the only time I've found the New No-Nos funny was in the first episode he did them with Jerrod Carmichael and Jessica St Clair

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I haven't listened to the latest episode yet but I really think they've run Bob Ducca into the ground and I kinda wish they'd just let the character die. Hopefully this episode proves me wrong though...

E: Ok the list of superhero names was pretty funny

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jul 25, 2013

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I wish people wouldn't focus on the subaru thing every time Todd Glass is brought up because the guy is hilarious and he was great otherwise in that episode. His other CBB appearances have been awesome too, especially the Liza Minneli one and the Brian Huskey episode also.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

barkingclam posted:

I'm sure it went farther than that, the last episode I remember having comedy songs was the one with Margaret Cho from a couple years back. When was the last time they had a musical guest? Seems like it's been forever.

I think there was a whole month last year where they had musical guests in every episode. That's how I discovered Dan Mangan

E: Oh I looked it up and apparently that was in 2011. Wow

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Aug 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think the Leykis episode last year was the best one of 2012 and I think today's one is my favourite episode of 2013 so far. I could listen to that character forever. He's done it on The Todd Glass Show too and it's just the best.