Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

nawilo_420 posted:

it's truly horrible, make sure to never ever visit!

I wish!
My sister insists that I will visit her sometime there. gently caress that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

elbkaida posted:

Next question: club or Klub?

Caylob!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Reminds me of Pentiment. A game (kind of) set in Germany. There were some animals around, and clickiong on them would be "Haustier x". While technically correct, it took me a while until I realized that it was supposed to be "Streichle x".

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Tarquinn posted:

I don’t really dare to look at Bild no matter the year. :v:

The only thing worse for me is looking at a Spiegel. :v:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Very timely. Does anyone even remember the time of the Mauerfall? that's like 1,5 generations ago.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Randler posted:

What will the fiction writers think of next? Overtime having to be paid out at a higher hourly rate or even to be paid out at all?

I think Overtime has such a negative connotation. Like you'd somehow work to much. Let's call it loyalty time!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Happy Clockday everyone!
I legitimately didn't even notice that it happened today. I guess I slept longer tonight.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Mowember is incredibly lame and mustaches are awful. And as someone who had really recent personal experience with cancer I feel entitled to say this.
Please everyone, check your prostate and your testicles, but come up with a better gimmick to raise awareness.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Yes, I was. My apologies. I'm kind of in a bad mood with regards to that stuff and felt like lashing out. Sorry.

I don't particularly like mustaches, but I hope your dad is doing well, Hopper.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Nov 1, 2023

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Vanadium posted:

Hi Germany thread I am visiting the Heimat after a couple years of self imposed US exile and I'm noticing no one here is wearing any masks. Did y'all eradicate COVID already or what is going on?

Pretty much, yeah. Ever since Omicron became became prevalent and didn't really do a lot. In the summer there were barely any cases at all. Now there are some cases this fall. My sister and mother were mildly hit this year, but the numbers are only like 10% of what they were last year and there hasn't been a harsh spike in a while.
An hour ago, I was at the hospital and covid isn't a huge issue anymore.
It might show up again at some point, but it honestly feels like all the natural and artificial vaccination had a significant impact.

Personally, I feel really safe nowadays. Getting knocked out by a disease for a week would suck, but it's not may worst fear by far.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Nov 15, 2023

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I mean, it looks gross, but it's honestly, quite a good meal. I probably wouldn't mash all of that together though.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Goa Tse-tung posted:

yeah I'd eat that

better obv with Rührei

Honestly I disagree. While I usually prefer eggs scrambled, mixing those with spinach that wet gives a weirdly mushy mouthfeel. The slight crispnes of the fried egg is a better

The correct option is to add a bit of flour and make a quiche from those ingredients.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Kissinger is dead one day and all this grief is tearing this thread apart!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Chill out the polls aren't closing for another...
13 Minutes!? Gotta go.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Yeah, I saw it, it was kind of pretty and have had enough of that till next fall.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Libluini posted:

suckers, both my mom and me got multiple nasty "Erkältungen" this autumn, and at least in my mom's case it was confirmed that one of those was Covid, so we're both safe now and I can visit her on Christmas :smug:

(not that my colleagues didn't try, at work I was surrounded by a growing group of schniefenden and hustenden Leuten, but I guess after two mystery illnesses in a row my immune system was prepared to fend off a third invasion attempt)

A few weeks ago I was hit with a nasty cold on a buisness trip. (Accordign to the tests not covid) The last day of that I had to leave the hotel at 12 but my flight home wasn't until 22 and wasn't movable either. I felt like poo poo that day, but the office was the only place I could go. That day sucked.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

niethan posted:

I made duck and schupfnudeln it was good

That duck looks great! Do Alpensalzpackungen have some actual way to take a just a little bit out nowadays, or do you just take it out by the handful?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Sereri posted:

Imagine calling the Notruf because there's someone touching themselves in the comfort of their home.

Who says that it was his window?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

quote:

Justiz ist für Streichung der Amnestieregelung
«Die Justiz rechnet bundesweit mit mehr als 100 000 Akten, die im Falle des geplanten rückwirkenden Straferlasses bei Cannabis-Delikten nochmals zu überprüfen sind», sagte der Bundesgeschäftsführer des Richterbunds, Sven Rebehn, dem Redaktionsnetzwerk Deutschland. Die Staatsanwaltschaften müssten alle Strafakten mit Bezug zum Betäubungsmittelgesetz nochmals «händisch daraufhin auswerten, ob die betroffenen Sachverhalte nach der neuen Rechtslage straflos wären», sagte Rebehn.

Es müsse ermittelt werden, «ob es bei dem Betäubungsmittelverstoss um Cannabis ging und um welche Menge es sich dabei handelte». Das lasse sich aber nicht einfach aus dem Bundeszentralregisterauszug herauslesen, weil die genaue Tathandlung und die Art des Betäubungsmittels dort in der Regel nicht notiert seien, so Rebehn. Der Richterbund forderte, die Amnestieregelung zu streichen.

Let's just leave those now innocent people in jail. :effort:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

GABA ghoul posted:

If only there was some kind of way to search huge amounts of text for keywords. Something like a Spürhund that goes through the Akten looking for specific words.

Yeah great idea let's feed all of that to Chat-GPT and let our all knowing AI decide.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Fair enough, releasing people from prison early is one of those problems which just solve themself if you ignore it for long enough.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

spankmeister posted:

It's only carbonara if the waiter gives you the stink eye and curses at you in Italian when serving, otherwise it's just sparkling alfredo.

The best way to ensure that outxome is to demand that they hold the eggs and add ground beef instead.
Alternatively that might get you beat up in an alley.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Schurik posted:

In awe at this post

Which brand of nudelwalze do you use, if you don't mind me asking?

Just do it by hand.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Randler posted:

That „German“ community note gives me strong machine translated/non-native speaker vibes, so I am not really sure the implications of the tweet hold up.

Yes I agree. The last sentence has a weird yet technically accurate structure.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Man, looking at Bavaria from a plane is just depressing. You'd be hard pressed to see a single wind power generator in this desolate sea of fields.

Fun fact, in order to reach their own set of goals for 2030, they'll have to built 150 new wind turbines each year. Last year they found locations for 17, so that goal sounds a bit ambitious.

By comparison, NRW added 364 in 2023.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Worst part about this is that it's not even some government corruption. That's genuinely what the population of this place wants, because they're all so concerned about the long time price development of their houses. At the same time they complain about high energy prices without the faintest bit of self-reflection.

I'm so glad I don't live here anymore.

To be fair, private solar power is growing comparatively strong around here, but that doesn't help that much in winter.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
That stuff is so condensed you could just use it to generate fusion power.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
While the wind is slightly weaker around there, building wind turbines is absolutely feasible, useful and profitable. In fact the power companies are really eager to do so, since they bring profit after a short amount of time.

The problem is 95% political and comes from a lack of acceptance of the local public.

Edit: found some ciation for my claim
https://initiative-klimaneutral.de/...rlegt%20werden.

Might be a biased source. I dunno. But the idea that there's just not enough wind to add capacity is ridiculously wrong.

quote:

Bayern hat genug Windenergiepotenzial, um die Ziele für erneuerbare Energien zu erreichen
In der Vergangenheit wurde immer wieder behauptet, dass in Bayern nicht genug Wind weht, um den Bau von Windrädern zu rechtfertigen. Dies kann jedoch widerlegt werden. Die Daten des Joint Research Centre zeigen, dass Bayern selbst unter den extrem hohen Beschränkungen der 10H-Regel seine bestehende Windkraftkapazität von 2,6 GW auf 5,2 GW verdoppeln könnte. Die jährliche Windstromerzeugung könnte von 4 TWh auf 8 TWh erhöht werden, wenn der Ausbau der Windenergie forciert würde. Dies zeigt, dass selbst unter diesen strengen Rahmenbedingungen mehr Windstrom erzeugt werden könnte.

Würden die Abstandsregelungen flächendeckend im gesamten Freistaat auf 1000 Meter verringert, könnte die vorhandene Windkraftkapazität zudem auf 9 GW mehr als verdreifacht werden, was die jährliche Windstromerzeugung auf 14 TWh (+ 10 TWh) erhöhen würde.

Die potenzielle Kapazität könnte laut Berechnungen von Ember fast versechsfacht werden und 15 GW (22 TWh) erreichen, wenn die Forderung nach einer Verringerung des Abstands auf 800 Meter im gesamten Freistaat umgesetzt würde. Das wären 18 TWh mehr als die derzeitige Windenergieerzeugung in Bayern.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 5, 2024

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Why is it a single price zone anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Son of Rodney posted:

don't forget that Bayerns energy utopia is clean, cheap nuclear just across the state border with the resulting garbage being burried in, idk, Berlin or something.

Honestly, I can see the appeal. No downsides!