Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

I had some extra Microsoft points so I bought 3 car tokens. What ridiculously expensive car do you all want in the LLJK garage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

Cannot Find Server posted:

drat you pandaaaaaaa :argh:

That was, by a large margin, my favorite race so far.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

How in the hell did I not hit you?

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

The R1 time trials on the ring would be much better with more laps. It's terrible when you have a really good clean lap invalidated because you close the 30+ second gap to the person infront of you.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

Sent my request to join AUGR now that I'm finished with Skyrim. GT is XPrettypandaX. Hopefully there will be lobbies where cubivore isnt hosting so I don't have to use sim steering -.-

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

mattdizzleZ28 posted:

Ehhh, a little side note on this one.

Im sure people who race with me have seen me do plenty of "blocking", you just need to know how to do it right. Swerving around on a straight is one thing, but if you place your car on the fast line and force them to take a slower line or back off, its the responsibility of the passing car to make a clean pass. (if someone has only halfway passed me and im exiting a corner, they either back off or are ending up with two tires on the grass, no car contact needed) I've kept faster AUGR goons behind me for 20 minutes without anything that would get me in trouble in a real racing series. Its a skill in and of itself.

Dick racing or legitimate? If you've raced with me i welcome criticism. (my big AUGR rivals tend to be Vertigo and PrettyPanda, so these two know exactly what i'm talking about)

Last night during the two laps on The Ring is a perfect example of this. You blocked me on the last corner of the first lap. Was it a bit annoying? Yes. But it was a perfectly acceptable racing move and I would have done it if I was in the lead.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

mattdizzleZ28 posted:

I got a 1:44 with no TCS or ABS not even trying very hard, its not THAT crazy. :( Set me as a rival ("[AUGR]MattD1zzl3") and copy my lines.

This is why im an advocate for stock unmodified cars, some of you are spoiled with "Race suspension, race roll bars, race tires" and have trouble with anything normal. I just about gave prettypanda a brain aneurysm by making him drive a stock E class car :)

Hey! I still put down a 1:44 in the Rampage bus without TCS, ABS, or STM without doing more than 10 laps. I'm just much better with my stripey tuned cars.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

VERTiG0 posted:

Wow, no poo poo? I guess maybe I should spend some time tuning tiny cars like that.
I think I prove this point very well most nights with my 151 Abarth and Lancia 037

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

Jarf posted:

Ooh the Ultima GTR, that could be a good replacement for my Zonda R. I hear it handles amazingly.
[tIMG]http://i.imgur.com/epfvN.jpg][/tIMG]
Nevermind... Turns out that it sucks as an R2 car, bit of a let down.
You might just need more practice with it. I was setting times about 10 seconds a lap faster on The Ring than my current R2 times.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

angry armadillo posted:

How fast did you go round the ring in? I hate the ring and got an 8:03 on my first go. I'm sure I could knock 10 seconds out of that with a few laps.
I did a 7:16 standing start, then a 7:04 flying.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

Scirocco Griffon posted:

If you just want to save yourself a lot of headache, go to the Most Downloaded section of the storefront and there's at like three tuning files designed specifically for beating the community challenge.
Thanks for this tip. I downloaded the top Camaro '69 tune and ran a 15.7 on my first try.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

Deputy Dangerous posted:

Think that guy on the left is me. Sorry, black Spada.
I'm the guy in the brown car that you made the way clear for, which led to my first place finish. Thank you very much.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

Two Finger posted:

I know it'll be beaten in no time, but I am currently at the head of the AUGR leaderboard for the Catalunya challenge, and in the low 500s overall. I am very proud of myself.

There is a new time you have to beat. 1:28:8. The Forza gods were looking down on me and cleared a path through all the corners.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

I'm rooting for you! I probably have anywhere from .5 to a full second that I can still find, that was only my third lap with the car. I know I can brake much deeper into most of the corners and take the chicane a bit quicker, but it's difficult to push to hard while worrying about the blind AI side-swiping you.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

Two Finger posted:

gently caress THIS STUPID GAME I RAN A CLEAN LAP FASTER THAN YOURS AND NO loving JOKE AN AI CAR CUT ACROSS THE FINAL STRAIGHT AND RAMMED ME TO RUIN MY LAP gently caress THIS GAY EARTH

I know you'll hate me even more for this, but I just ran a 1:27:3. Top 100!

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

Captain Hair posted:

Man, once again the rivals contest for a unicorn is beyond my grasp. I just can't get under 1.20 even on full manual controls.

Shame too, its a Mines Skyline if the polls are to be trusted :(

It's all about slowing down enough to eliminate the crazy amount of understeer that Viper has. There were about five laps in a row where I tried to take the follow-through and just went straight into the field.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

silverbullitt850 posted:

*gasp*

he knows my secret.

Yeah, I know it's cheap/lame/exploitative. I just feel cool for having a two digit number next to my name on the leaderboard for once haha

You just need to get in early on the Rivals events. I was #1 in the world for the land barge drift for all of about 3 minutes, just because I was online right when the events were posted.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

If you paint all your cars with rainbow liveries everyone will love you, and not at all complain about the artifacts it causes on their screens.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

Lancia 037
Lancia 037
Lancia 037
Lancia 037
Lancia 037

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

Bentai posted:

My favorites are the NA Miata, the Lancia 037 in the AUGR garage, and the Datsun 510. All three are tuned to where the car is nearly effortless to drive, and they're a joy to take out and flog.

I'm glad you like it! I've spent probably 20+ hours tuning and test driving it.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

ColdPie posted:

When you're selecting a car's paint job or loadout, it shows you every paint job and loadout you have for every car, instead of just the ones that are relevant. Why?

This one actually makes sense. It's where you upload your tunes/paint jobs to the Storefront. If you press start it will filter for just the car you have currently selected.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

silverbullitt850 posted:

NOW I see why you guys were laughing so hard. Took me about 30 seconds to regain my composure, like, "oh, poor guy, I thought I had it rough that race.. OH MY GOD WHAT JUST HAPPENED."

The best part about last night is that this quote can describe each and every race.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

I'm always interested in some racing.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

Basticle posted:

Since no one has responded, is next Tuesday evening good for you guys? That works for us.

Tuesday is fine for me (Prettypanda).

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

You might need to find something you can take at 96% then :madmax:

Ahem, 97%

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

lordmaf posted:

2:48.499 on Camino in an Alfa 33 Stradale

432 in the leaderboards as SAEG Lord M84

*Update

2:47.249 on Camino in an Alfa 33 Stradale

240 in the leaderboards as SAEG Lord M84

Well, I can't let that stand. 2:47.090

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

I said come in! posted:

You're spending $500 + $60 and then whatever for tax. Will you really get your moneys worth?

Absolutely. I can easily spend that much in less than three months going out to lunch and dinner with friends. Two or more years of fun with my Internet Friends driving fast cars is more than worth it.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

YF19pilot posted:

So does this:

mean that tracks accumulate "marbles" on the off-lines? That could make for some interesting racing, especially in pubbie lobbies.

Tire skid marks are now powered by The Cloud! Persistent tire marks throughout your Forza Motorsport career.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

The only part of this whole situation that annoys me is having to buy a PS3 just to play GT6 (assuming the AUGR crowd switched over). Polyphony really couldn't have it ready for the PS4 launch?

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

XPrettyPandaX
Maple Valley Short #1796 :48.108
Infineon Nascar #424 1:14.948

Prettypanda fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jun 17, 2013

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

Update to my Infineon time.
#174 1:13.928

Prettypanda fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jun 19, 2013

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

Basticle posted:

* though tbh Bentron kind of weirds us out, so.....

He weirds us all out. That's why we love him.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Absolutely, but I wouldn't put it pass Microsoft to force T10 to make the drivatar a requirement. I am just expecting the worse.

If you read the Drivatar info on Microsoft's own research page, it doesn't even sound like you'll have to have a Drivatar if you don't want one.

Also what Ether said VVVVV

Prettypanda fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jun 21, 2013

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

lordmaf posted:

Infineon Nascar

[SAEG] Lord M84: 169 on the leaderboard 1:13.885

Make that 170.
[AUGR] XPrettyPandaX #166 1:13.864

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

lordmaf posted:

got to love events where we are looking at gaps in the thousandth of a second.

I'll have another go at hooking up a lap tomorrow :)

This one is definitely a lot of fun. Hopefully we'll be able to drop down into the top 100.

Update to my Maple Valley.
[AUGR]XPrettyPandaX #1,199 :47.715 Porsche 550. I'm not so great at slow cars.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

I think I can go faster

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

Maple Valley
[AUGR]XPrettyPandaX #917 :47.503 Porsche 550

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

Hotlanta Club: