Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Oxxidation posted:

I love Telltale but they're going to be ridiculously busy this year. They're already churning out The Walking Dead Season 2, and they've also taken on Borderlands and Game of Thrones adventure games. They don't always hit the mark, and the chances of them whiffing spectacularly are already awful high with all these irons in the fire.

They're also working on The Wolf Among Us. I agree, they almost definitely do not have the time or resources to work on the Homestuck game at all, interesting as that would be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Nate RFB posted:

Right, that part was easy enough to find on wikipedia; I hadn't heard of Bastion either anyway though. Isn't one game a bit much to say well yes of course they'd be the best developer in the world for Homestuck?

Bastion is one of those games that people really went nuts over.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Homestuck is not allowed to ever end. Therefore, this Gigapause will last for eternity and - as far as we, as readers, are concerned - will mean that Homestuck is effectively abandoned, even though Hussie will continue working on it until he dies.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Now I'm imagining Studio Trigger being given the rights with the explicit instruction to keep the sexualization of its female characters out.

It would be the most ridiculous, amazing show about Vriska and Karkat.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Rand Brittain posted:

If nothing else Feferi served the purpose of preventing Vriska from blaming everything on her upbringing, since Feferi had just as many reasons to be awful as Vriska was but wasn't.

Except for the part where people did that anyway?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Tollymain posted:

This thread will basically be a scorched-earth no-mans-land of wild reactions and nothing else.

If by "wild reactions" you mean "complaints about the fact that MSPA/Newgrounds/[some other website] is down and the update is inaccessible," then yeah.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Stoat posted:

Hussie should just delay Homestuck for the rest of his life until he dies???

With the way Hussie writes Homestuck and the fact that it's in a hiatus until it's done...this is basically what's actually happening.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Ablative posted:

So what you're saying is... Hussie is really George R.R. Martin.

Oh no, Hussie is much worse. :v:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Seoinin posted:

e. okay in seriousness at least there's some kind of end goal in mind for Homestuck, whereas in SOIF like half the cast is just kind of drifting around finding new things to distract them from whatever objective they had four books ago

Well yeah, but at the same time, every time Hussie approaches some sort of climax he does something to extend the story's length by an order of magnitude. I'm sure that - being serious here - Hussie will actually finish it eventually, but man his track record makes it easy to joke.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
The glorious thing is that allows space for Equius to still hang out as Dave's foil.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Android Blues posted:

Rage is anger and instability. The Bard class can either facilitate destruction "through" its aspect, or facilitate the destruction of its aspect, so Gamzee as the Bard of Rage initially destroys rage by drugging himself up, then facilitates destruction through rage by going off the sopor and letting his dark side run wild.

In this case, it's his class that's moderately confusing; rage is exactly what it says on the tin. If you had, for instance, a Thief of Rage, they'd likely just operate by stealing anger from other people and using it for themselves.
(emphasis mine)

Perhaps I misunderstood something here, but I thought the Bard class actually explicitly did the bolded, while the Prince class did the underlined. Hence Eridan destroying hope by eliminating the matriorb, while Dirk (intentionally or otherwise) creates multiple copies of his self - because he's the Prince of Heart, he's "destroying" (splitting) his "heart" (self.)

E: vvv No disagreement there.

King of Solomon fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Mar 19, 2014

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

paradoxGentleman posted:

Oh, I know there's some weird poo poo out there when it comes to fanfiction. I just happen to know the most infamous part of it. Can you honestly tell me that Homestuck High doensn't deserve its reputation?

Prior to your posting I had never heard of it. I imagine this goes for a decent chunk of the people here.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
The real problem with Vriska's reappearance in the dream bubbles has nothing to do with the dream bubbles; it's actually the fact that Hussie didn't let Vriska's character development stick. After that, I doubt this last bit of introspection will make a difference.

Either Vriska's unwillingness to change based on her introspection is an intentional character flaw (which is likely, to be fair), or Hussie is unwilling to let any character meaningfully change (which is even more likely.)

It'll be interesting to see where Hussie brings the ending, when it hits.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Am I crazy or does that site not have an RSS feed?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
The Critical Whale gets right to the point.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Darth Windu posted:

Do people really like that? Man, weird. It was hard enough when he dumped the four kids and started in on the twelve original trolls, most of whom are useless. Now there's another twelve? And kids who are basically but not really the original four kids? [...] I just did a little searching and there doesn't seem to really be a big poll for popularity among the characters, but I can't imagine people are enjoying the dozens of forgettable trolls who are introduced, given a throwaway bit of exposition, then promptly ignored. It is objectively poor storytelling.

Do you have a problem with the dude introducing and then promptly (and correctly) ignoring characters or not?

Also, 10 of those new 12 characters are just one-off tumblr jokes. They exist basically exclusively within their walkaround flashes.

E:

Darth Windu posted:

Thanks for the explanation. I thought I read that this was the first comic he had done with no reader interaction? Pretty sure it says that on the wikipedia page for it.

He basically stopped taking reader suggestions around Act 4 or 5, I forget when.

quote:

This is what happens when the creator of the best webcomic in the world has a massive artistic breakdown due to the stress of setting his soul to paper in the form of wobbly jello mutants. I turn to lesser dreck. Oh well.

No, this is what happens when you write a huge story as a first draft. Prior to the current pause Hussie posted panel sets immediately after finishing them.

King of Solomon fucked around with this message at 07:30 on May 9, 2014

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Con Faire pg.4 went up now for some reason. It begins!

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Roxy is too much. John is too much.

Casey is just right.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Triskelli posted:

The main thrust of the arguement is that SBaHJ was concieved as a parody of all the extremely low-effort and lovely "Two gamers and a couch" style webcomic plague that sprang up around Penny Arcade's success. The humor comes from precisely how lovely and how low-effort SBaHJ is, making extensive use of copy/paste, flipping characters, fill-tool errors, and "ironic" use of comic sans. While KC Green's scripts are decent, the fact he puts genuine effort into the art undermines the "joke" a bit, giving an effect closer to Ren and Stimpy than Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff.

Actually, genuine SBaHJ is extremely high effort. It doesn't look that way, but you have to put in a ton of work to make something look that lovely.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Ahhh, that's the good stuff. Look at that loving insane artifacting near the end.

I've so missed real SBaHJ.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Beautiful. And hey, that analisis of the horse gif Hussie posted was right, we DID get an update on the 8th of October.
Not quite!

Hussie's Twitter posted:

the tinfoil hat crowd was pretty close with their analysis (left), but the truth (right) is always far more sinister.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Burkion posted:

Really wish my notifier would stop going off while I'm trying to write. Focusing on a graphic novel script is hard enough damnit!

So close it or reduce the rate it checks for updates?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

paradoxGentleman posted:

Guess what I found?
Apparently Hussie defaced a book about wizards at some point in the past and posted the results on the Internet. It's pretty much what you would expect from this premise.

It's ever so slightly NSFW, just so you know.
So Rose's hate/love for wizards and Dirk's editing of Pony Pals are also a reference to something Hussie has done. Is everything he does a reference to something else? How does that even work?

You only just found out about Wizardology?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

WAR FOOT posted:

lol Gamzee deserves death even more than some hypothetical Croidansprite.

To be fair, being part of a hypothetical Croidansprite would be a fate worse than death.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

GunnerJ posted:

My guess so far is that she strung Hussman along for info.

Rose is sober. Vriska probably did a lot of consulting with her and Terezi when developing this plan. It'll still go catastrophically wrong because we're approaching the climax, but that's separate from Vriska being Vriska.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Vriska may also know about what happened since she seems to know a lot about how poo poo will go down in this session and what went wrong at Game Over. Though, whoever her source is also told her about stuff that didn't happen in the retjohned timeline such as Slick and the Felt showing up so maybe she got the details from another doomed timeline or something.
While she may not have shared the exact details of her plans with them, she almost certainly consulted with Terezi and Rose. Rose, being a God Tier Seer of Light (and also sober this time around), could probably see what they're up against if nothing else.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Here's my objection: why fuse Tavros and Gcat at all? Tavros could have just used his animal communing powers to put the cat to sleep. That would have had the same results, the only thing fusing them did was allow Vriska to be the center attention by using her powers instead of letting Tavros use his.
What guarantee is there that Tavros's animal communion powers are stronger than the Condesce's? Vriska is trying to be thorough. It can and almost certainly will backfire on her, but using a player to knock out GCAT could very well be safer than taking a chance on Tavros's powers.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

SyntheticPolygon posted:

What makes you think Vriska consulted with anyone? I'm 100% sure she did all this planning and plotting and scheming herself, because she's Vriska of course she's not going to seek help or think that anyone's advice could improve her own plans.

Because Vriska consulting with Rose is the only thing that makes sense. If she didn't get her information from Rose, where did she get it?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

quote:

DAVEPETASPRITE^2: B33 < claw claw meowtherfuckers!!!

Yessssssssss. :allears:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Grapplejack posted:

This was a good update, and I want more of davepeta.

I want to see where this crazy train goes, so yes, agreed. Show me more Davepetasprite^2.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Dolash posted:

Well I mean give me a minute to clean my apartment at least. I should probably shave, too.

If you do shave, make sure you do a particularly lovely job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

RZApublican posted:

Hussie said in a previous news post that he has nearly a half-hours worth of flash animation ready to be used during the final updates, didn't he? Because unless I've miscounted the days we only have the updates tomorrow before we go on a short break, and after that it's only 40 pages until the End of Act Five update, to be followed by Act 7 in one day. Unless he sprinkles flashes in with those 40 pages he'll have to use the animation either during End of Act Five or Act 7. Are we really looking at a 30 minute Homestuck flash here?

According to the newspost schedule: there's tomorrow's update, a break, the EoA6 flash, then seven days' worth of updates (the last day being the entirety of Act 7.)