Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Here.

I think that was originally where his bedroom was, maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
No one remembers? Well then, just relive it all over again!

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Dibs on Waste of Time.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Ammat The Ankh posted:

i want it on steam

Since What Pumpkin's not an established publisher on Steam, I wonder if it'll get stuck in Greenlight for God knows how long.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Dolash posted:

That bit with Bec/Jack Noir? Why is his text written like narration? That's so drat clumsy. Everyone else you can believe is typing text on their snaps like they used to with their logs but Noir never did logs, so that's just the narration that'd follow him around, but now he's writing it out? Bleh.

All the scenes with the carapace people were written as second-hand narration in the comic proper, but that gimmick now seems extra-awkward in Snapchats.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I'd seen Con Air before I read Homestuck, but when I saw the movie again on cable within the last few years, I couldn't help but laugh when How Do I Live played at the end.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Cran posted:

The announcement of Problem Sleuth Part 2.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Dolash posted:

Did anyone pay particular attention to the music? I can't say I did, though I seemed to remember it sounded nice enough and there were some good touches like the transition when the lights went out. On a similar note, the UI shift when you cross worlds was also good.

I might just need to give the soundtrack an independent listen through to see how it holds up.

I particularly liked some of the music played in the houses on Alternia.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I like that Sagittanius kinda looks like a drum set.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I hope putting subjuggalators in a retail video game doesn't get ICP's people to start looking into lawsuits.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I think those are sneakers.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Zeruel posted:

You haven't read Homestuck unless you were there for Cascade crashing the internet.

A good poster posted:

He's used Newgrounds to host files during the initial rush, but the oncoming bandwidth storm may be too big for even that.

:smug:

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Plom Bar posted:

The title of one of the tracks written for this latest edition of Friendsim is an ASCII image of Bowsette*.

The title of the track is hundreds of punctuation marks with line breaks?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
If Hussie can afford to bury ARG clues at hundreds of locations around the world, he can afford to produce some more Hiveswap episodes.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Is it this?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Man, I've been seeing people saying John is going to die and that's why Rose's goodbye was so ominous, but I'm pretty positive Rose is the one who's going to die? In fact, in order for the plot hole to be filled, everyone on the new earth needs to die.

That's the planet where the cherubs grew up, isn't it? The dead one, with all the lovely statues of liberty. So the canon ending for that place is some apocalypse happening and everyone dying.

I think the cherubs' planet is Earth B, not the Earth C in the epilogues, and the lovely statues of liberty were made by adult Dave flush with Sweet Bro movie money.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
The News page still hasn't been updated in over a year.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I'm honestly surprised they're going forward with episodes 2-4. 1 wasn't even remotely profitable, was it?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

XkyRauh posted:

Jesus, I'm one of eight 36-year-olds who responded to this. :(

I'm another one! :corsair::hf::corsair:

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
So there's going to be an all-sea-dweller chapter next?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Is the fiance Bladekindeyewear?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Harry Anderson isn't nearly as much of a doofus as anyone would expect John's son to be, despite having Roxy's DNA in him.

I didn't read Candy, so all I got of Vrissy is the single mention of her in the recap. Is she a teenage copy of Vriska who was raised by Rose and Kanaya?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Homestuck2. A continuation of Meat, probably, but with some Candy characters? Maybe?

I think there's a pattern where panels involving Meat timeline events and characters have the usual ==> arrow, whereas stuff from the Candy timeline has the arrow look like .(==>).

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

But this isn't about which Homestuck people went on to be storyboarders for what shows, or who has or hasn't seen Steven Universe, or me name dropping which celebrities I've met who I would later learn were terrible people (Jeffrey Tambor)

How is Jeffrey Tambor a terrible person?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
They really should put that where non-patrons can read it if it also applies to regular updates.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I went in at the bare minimum to get a digital copy of the game, and I enjoyed Episode 1. Having read the allegations of what happened to the Kickstarter money all those years ago and knowing the non-backer sales of Episode 1 couldn't possibly have funded another one, I would have been okay with Episode 2 never materializing, and this new announcement is basically a pleasant surprise for me.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I got an email saying there'd be a release date announcement and a gameplay teaser streaming on Youtube tomorrow afternoon, and I don't think the release date announcement will be "now."

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I've only just begun Act 2, but I would have appreciated a way to get descriptions of my inventory items. The Act 1 save I imported (which is meaningless except for the Achievement, right?) was over three years old, I didn't know what most of my starting items were. I was lucky to figure out what the book did before leaving any lusii I couldn't get back to.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I'm not sure if playing as Dammek and wandering around Earth with Jude will be anywhere near as interesting as exploring Alternia as Joey.

Now that I've finished Act 2, most of the Friendsim trolls on that train are now dead, right?

Also, the recap for people who don't want to replay Act 1 did nothing to establish what Jeevik Week is and why we want to go there as revolutionaries.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Apparently my trial troubles were caused by having traded the pogs to Elwurd. Ah, well, back a few saves.

It should still be possible to finish the trial having given the pogs to Elwurd. I did, and the guide I read said there was nothing I could do in the recess and just go ahead with the trial. There are different outcomes of the trial depending on items you have, with one of them only available if you did an optional thing in Act 1 and imported a save.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
You can still finish the game without giving her the medicine.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I wonder if we can get a horrible religious cult based on these guys instead of ICP this time.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Pants Donkey posted:

(Also this November is the 10th Anniversary of Cascade :psyduck:)

poo poo, this October is the tenth anniversary of this thread.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

XkyRauh posted:

But who was the voice of Dave?

https://youtu.be/MKb3WLCSg_c

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Did Friendsim make WP a lot of profit? I can't imagine either Hiveswap game selling enough copies to non-backers (after the Kickstarter money was squandered) to finance any further episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Wasn't there supposed to be an official offline collection as a stretch goal in the Kickstarter?