Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

nerdbot posted:

Ooohhhh no. I don't like where this is going. Please don't make Nepvosprite^2. Please just toss a hat in there or something so it's still Nepeta but she really likes hats and wears a hat. Nephatasprite. Anything. Give Tavros some grass from this beautiful grassy planet and make him Grasvosprite. Just spare them.

There's no way Nepeta and Tavros will make it through the next few updates without having something like this happening. (Unless Hussie just doesn't focus on this scene for a while I guess)

Mind you, I'd like them to stick around, actually! So I'd love to be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
I have to agree with the sentiment that Homestuck has been really good lately. It's nice to see a good Tavros, after seeing the post retcon one in action.

Also, since tomorrow is the last day of scheduled updates, I wonder if there will be another pause.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
I always take the time to watch that video each time it is linked. Which has been a lot, over the course of these threads!

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Plom Bar posted:

We went the whole Gigapause without descending completely into shitfuckery, and I still think Omegapause won't last a full year.

To be fair, the thread was closed for most of the Gigapause. (I think. I'm not mixing it up with the Cascade pause, am I?)

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

paranoid randroid posted:

what a perfect note to leave on for the hiatus. ive never been more confident in the story's direction.

I was about to post something similar, but this pretty much covers it. I didn't expect we'd leave off with something like this, but I love it. I also didn't expect Do You Remem8er Me to be used in a flash.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
You know, thinking about it, leaving a ghost while god tiering means there's a Caliborn ghost out there somewhere. I hope that isn't used for one of his lovely twists.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Dolash posted:

For what it's worth, the dream bubbles confuse the matter since in those examples the replaced components don't stick around, fully assembled, in the Dream Broom-Closet. It's more like buying a new broom of the same type, throwing your old broom away and saying you now have the same broom as before - functionally yes, literally no. To me it adds more stakes to the dream bubbles and Lord English destroying them because I would rather not see the "discarded" versions of characters (especially the versions we were following for a while and who developed into appreciably distinct people from the other versions) erased. It's part of why this last update hit so hard, pre-retcon Terezi and (Vriska) reuniting isn't pointless just because it isn't current-model Vriska and Terezi doing it, even if they are both discarded brooms.

I hope the remaining ghosts find a way to preserve themselves, because it's looking more and more like Lord English completely shattering the Furthest Ring is going happen in the endgame. I'm curious what lays beyond the cracks but finding out would kind of suck for the ghosts!

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

WAR FOOT posted:

River Song is basically the worst character and I do not get why anyone liked her. DID anyone like her?

The first episodes with her (Last from her perspective I guess) weren't bad. Too bad those weren't the only episodes with her in it!

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Which is probably not a good sign for Meenah's army.

But a great one for Aradia! To be fair though, with all the light shining from behind the cracks in the dreambubbles I kind of want to see what happens when the whole place breaks apart too.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Plom Bar posted:

Well hell.

I'm kind of put off by the tone of this post. I guess he's probably feeling pretty done with it all at this point. Which makes me sad. Like I almost feel like I'm more psychically invested in this thing than the guy making it? I wonder how Invader Zim fans cope with this feeling.

I read that as more that he isn't willing to no life it for the updates anymore, and I can't really blame him for that. At least it isn't a thirteen year break! (Or however many years it would be now with the page count the way it is.)

Toxxupation posted:

him saying by pure pagecount the story is 99% done means he's got roughly eightyish, figure a hundred, "pages" of content left, which seems like a drastically low amount to conclude all the current narrative arcs homestuck currently has left up in the air

While we're much closer to the end than ever before, we should keep in mind that this is the man who said Homestuck would last one year.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Burkion posted:

Also there are two AR sprites running around

Yeah, I think it will end up being pre retcon ARquius who will become part of Lord English. Especially with Davepeta's presence in the post retcon timeline.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Mazerunner posted:

How does Gamzee have any effect on which of the two existing ARquiusprite do or do not do a thing.

(Davepeta as well, for that matter)

Well for Davepeta I just thought that an ARquius who has more of a personal attachment to someone would be less likely to become part of Lord English. Admittedly we don't know ARquius' motives when he jumped Caliborn, so perhaps he was just trying to be a hero. (In which case who even knows which ARquius it is) I just thought that pre retcon ARquius acted shadier than what we've seen of post retcon ARquius so far.

Edit: Not to mention pre retcon ARquius completely hosed up apologizing to Nepeta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
I liked that the punchline to John's long history with Betty Crocker is him just going "Eh, doesn't matter who she is. We just gotta gently caress her up!" :allears: