Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Comparing it to Pliny makes no sense as it's really drat easy to get and priced pretty fairly in the world of $10 bombers.

ChiTownEddie posted:

Well, I don't even think it is that. Pliny has a MUCH smaller distro area.
I'm in my beginning of the year 'who cares' mode so I didn't find any Hopslam, of course I've wandered into bars and had it on tap so I'm not too upset.

I care mostly because what it says about the evolving state of craft beer and I hate being that guy who is like "why can't it be 3 years ago" but that's where I find myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Compusaurus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB_vpBD413s

I still find the guy funny.

For Hopslam chat: Kasey's Tavern in Printer's Row has it on tap.

1 mile walk from work... can grab Brown line to get home instead of Metra... must resist

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

LeafHouse posted:

I don't think ShaneB meant that Pliny was itself a bomber. He was referencing the standard price of $10 a bomber.

Yes, this. I don't know why more breweries don't use them more, because apparently people will pay far more for beer in them vs. 12oz bottles, even if it's not any better.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

Sucaba is best fresh. Or at the very least, don't age it more than a year. The same applies to all Firestone BA beers, actually.

Edit: Cue GirlKisser coming in here to say you should drink everything fresh. I can't wait to try some Lacto Guava Grove in a year...

I've honestly loved all their BA/anniversary beers at over a year, but that's just me. I feel the anniversary beers are all really groovin at a year +. We cracked the only bottling (right?) of Abacus the other week at a share and it was a slayer.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Should I buy Bo & Luke or what.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

crazyfish posted:

It's about the only smoked beer I can get behind.

oh no it's smoked :|

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

krustster posted:

I got some pretty good tapes recently.

Hold on what does this even mean

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

HatfulOfHollow posted:

He speaks his own language. Beer is "tape" for some reason that has never been explained.

That's dumb.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I'd read Let's talk beer 4: You just don't know how to blast tapes.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

danbanana posted:

Beer talk: I missed Behemoth this year, didn't I?

I wouldn't say I've been missing it...

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

crazyfish posted:

How amazing would be nitro-bottled Breakfast Stout

eeeeew

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

bartolimu posted:

Gotta disagree with this. The majority of nitro beers I've tried have been worse off for lacking CO2. Carbonic acid adds a certain bite that a lot styles - including IPAs and other hop-forward types - need more than they need a creamy head. Stouts are generally good on nitro, especially milk stouts. Other styles I'm very leery of switching from good old carbon dioxide.

100% in agreement. I barely even like nitro stouts.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I'm headed to LA later this month. If there were 2-3 places I definitely should check out, let me know. Atmosphere trumps strictly beer list, and decent grub and cocktails is helpful. TIA.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Furious Lobster posted:

Where in LA specifically? It's a pretty big place and not only does one have to drive everywhere but also one should take the traffic into account in hopefully choosing an area that can be achieved with minimal fuss

Centrally located around downtown-ish, but also am going to head west towards the beach one day.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

Anyone on here from Cleveland? I'll be there this weekend along with CCB brewmaster Wayne for a collab with Great Lakes. Want a recommendation for some cool places :shobon:

For beer, or like life in general? There's a ton of great food and drinking to be had in Cleveland. I would suggest Barrio in Lakewood or Tremont for custom tacos, beer, and margaritas and Buckeye Beer Engine in Lakewood for strictly beer and decent vegetarian options (but not great atmosphere). If you want some nicer dining you could check out one of Michael Symon's places, especially the more reasonably priced Lolita. A top-secret bottle shop is this gas station near the border of Cleveland and Lakewood, which is honestly better than any of the other bottle shops in the city.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Hey did Midorka really stop posting here because if so I think I can read this thread again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Compusaurus posted:

Anti-Hero is a crappy IPA and you should feel bad for drinking it.

That said, always drink more Revolution!

Anti hero is top tier. I'd drink it over pretty much any Chicago-available ipa.