Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
Is there some way to load up an instance of EQ where you’re old school GM power and can cruise through zones up to Velious soloing kunark and ntov and whatnot? I want to get a nostalgia kick but I don’t want to poop sock for 5 years like I did back in the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
I’m insane and I’m decided to pick up the new TLP after a 15 year hiatus. That is all.

Edit: made a dark elf enchanter named Satedogg. This is definitely nostalgic ... not sure how we ever did this without a map.

rally fucked around with this message at 15:02 on May 29, 2020

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
I noticed that there is a hugely disproportionate number of enchanters right now. Think I’m gonna roll a necro and see how that goes. I’m also interested in the guild status.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
That’s eq baby and toxic few (toxic 140 man Zerg rush) are the worst things ever.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
Queues on Aradune seem to be alleviated. If anyone is on there looking for a raiding guild hit me up (Geebsy in game). We have a solid core of players (a lot of ex Triality members) but haven’t had a heavy raid force because of the queues.but that seems to be improving now. We’re focusing on taking down content via mechanics and solid play rather than 170 man Zerg rush style.

Edit: finally got a 50 toon raid force into hate and took down inny easily. Anyone who wants in on some raids HMU. We have a lot of hate gear rotting for melee/bards

rally fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jun 24, 2020

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
Maybe that’s true but I’m not lying. Rogean from P99 is also in the guild. Anyway I was just putting the word out if anyone wants a chill raid guild that is gonna clear all the content but not Zerg rush it, past member affiliations aside.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

koreban posted:

It’s the guild leader.

I still told him to shut the gently caress up. When he didn’t I had a wizard give him a TL box.

He stopped after that, but I’d still put him in touch with Triality folks. Even if just to have them completely not remember him.

Send him to Dalno on aradune if you want. Our leadership is ex triality leadership but nobody flexes it the way you’re talking about. I just put it out there as a qualifier for people knowing what they’re doing generally. The name triality actually means nothing to me since I last played in like 2001 and I don’t think they existed at that point.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
I’m on Aradune still. My necro is named geebsy , hit me up.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

DisgracelandUSA posted:

People can send Akaylas a tell if they need a port or maybe Oggwhomp for a weapon or a potion or whatever if they're brave enough.

Wait, are you oggwhomp?

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

Baconroll posted:

Did all the bot groups vanish off Aradune ? Or are they now all in less visible places ?

I'm guessing they'll all be in the Deep when luclin opens next month.

They are dropping off. Deep will be actual people doing aoe plvl.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
The VT keying has really sucked but it was cool doing VT. I only played up until luclin came out originally so this is all new content for me. I came outta there with the AHR robe so I guess all the toxicity was worth it? Now I need to key my ranger and I can’t really face fungus grove again but maybe things will calm down soon.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

Solarin posted:

this is making me feel extremely casual for not having a back up plan to make it to the raid. The keying is hilariously toxic, I gotta agree with you. I hope they alleviate some of the pain points because I absolutely hate the pseudo PvP poo poo of stronger guilds rolling weaker guilds for PvE content. At least for Luclin keys the choke points decongest relatively quickly.

I'd really like to do these quests once just to check them out, but trades are a little maddening for me. I was helping a guildmate out by supplying crystallized sulfur for their research and it sounded like leveling that was just straight burning huge sums of platinum.

Is your in-game name similar to your forums name? My experience with later expansion shard camps was it was pretty calm if you can get in there outside of prime time. FG remains the crappiest camp, I think they could comfortably quadruple the drop rate there and it would still be a task to get

No, my main is Geebsy ( sorry if I pushed you out of a shard camp any time since luclin opened ).

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

Baconroll posted:

Anyone got the inside-line on whats going on with levelling over 60 on Luclin on Aradune ? Seems to be lots of talk of some exploit that allows people to go over level 60 and get Vet AAs (and possibly others), and then delevel but keep the AAs.

I've not seen anyone over 60, but if its happening I could see a ban-wave coming like with all the /claim exploits a couple of years ago.

Even if they do ban people I bet the 5 picks of Siren's Grotto are all still up with exactly 13 'people' in each all with the same group make up and similar naming.

I’ve seen it happening ( yellow cons in the deep ) but all I know is that it involves the expansion ticket item somehow. My whole guild pretty much agreed not to touch it with a 10 foot pole since most of us have previous account suspensions from forever ago.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
I remember selling cobalt greaves for like $800 back in the day. I think my fully decked rogue went for around $6000 but my mom jacked all the money.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
Yeah they just made it so he can’t spawn multiple times at the same time I think.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

Baconroll posted:

Time to give up I think - been playing for an hour and he just turned up again and griefed all the pulls.

Anyone recommend a game where theres some check on this poo poo behaviour because it isn't this one.

Just train him. Most satisfying part of these servers is being able to create your own justice.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

Republicans posted:

Anyone know how safe the chessboard room in Plane of Mischief is in 1.0 and how easy it is to reach zone-out from? I have a set of the halfling crate port items but I dunno if the port to PoM is a feasible way to get to Cobalt Scar easily.

It’s safe there and one of the best ways to get to cobalt scar is via Pom. I want that port item.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

DisgracelandUSA posted:

This is a weird thing in that anyone, at almost any time, at almost any guild level can pull the ec tunnel parachute. I don't know what guilds can really do to prevent it besides weird witch hunts. Even in my Aradune guild that could barely field enough to kill vulak, we had people that ripped the cord.

That’s probably a large reason WHY people ripped the cord. I know of more than one person who was fed up with their guild’s slow progression and blew their dkp on the first or second vulak then bounced.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
Pro tip: /join auction and don’t sit in the tunnel searching for items.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

Indecisive posted:

I wandered into Unrest while waiting for phinny people to gather and found a guy in main pick aoe pulling a ton of poo poo to the main room to PL his toons.. not a big fan of people doing that to begin with, especially not in main pick, so a quick AOE nuke ks'd his 20 mob pull and got him sending me angry tells and he quickly changed picks. Oh yea, of course I'm the toxic one, not the guy pulling 80% of the zone while a bunch of other groups mill around the yard.

Yea you’re the rear end in a top hat here. Sorry

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
If you are having to look at the ground in congested areas, make sure to configure cpu affinity to -1 in your eq client.ini file. My 2011 13 inch MacBook Pro does fine even back in nexus etc.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

please knock Mom! posted:

you let the caster roll on that? lol

Unless something is substantially different on mischief, every roll on every loot in a pug is gonna be greed rolls ( everyone need ).

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
Necros have a ton of utility other than dots in different situations but I think they make a pretty bad box for the most part. Necro main with a box bard is pretty OP though.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

Cpt_Obvious posted:

What is a "cycle" exactly? Like a list of mobs that spawn in order, so you have to hunt them down and kill them in order to spawn the next on the list?

A certain set of specific mobs, named and place holders, make up a cycle. You kill a placeholder and another spawns and eventually a named will pop. A good example is quillmane. There’s a certain cycle of placeholders you can find that will guarantee an eventual quillmane spawn. There’s simpler ones like hasten/brother z/grizzly bear etc in rathe mountains.

rally fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Dec 20, 2021

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Thanks.

So it looks like this isn't happening without a tracker so I'm leveling up a druid. What's the minimum level he can be before he can group and earn xp with a level 57 char?

It’s the type of thing that is way less ball crushingly frustrating if you use showeq but I get that some people would rather not.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

koreban posted:

DZ xp was so nice when you didn't want to stress about having your camp invaded or knew you'd need to stop for a few minutes to take a call, or make dinner or something.

That's a meaningfull loss for the players and it's unlikely to generate the sort of social interactions I think they were going for.

This sounds unrealistic. Mobs didn’t even respawn in DZs so was anyone actually exping in them or trying to “hold a camp”? Makes no sense.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Necro's can solo OW fear at 50 pretty well. Hate is a little trickier.

I feel like the biggest problem would be the druids lack of feign.

I’d say the opposite. Fear is only particularly chill for necros if it’s semi clear. The social agro there gets bad quick whereas in hate you are just free to pull stuff and leash as desired.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

onesixtwo posted:

Necros can 100% solo pull mobs all over the zone to the wall in pof and will be through all of week one, especially late hours PST when most the groups farming it go to bed. OW PoF is never fully spawned when it is relevant for gear drops. If you haven’t spent time soloing there recently, this might seem far fetched but, yes, necros are actually that powerful in era. FD is a hell of a drug. As is zoning in an alt to take initial aggro, then just loading in behind it and running to a quiet corner. It’s seriously that easy.

If you’ve ever bought gear from someone in OW PoF, it probably was from a necro.

I spent like 2 solid months soloing and selling gear there as a necro on aradube. It’s doable but far from relaxed and you gonna die a number times while hate is quite a bit easier. That was really my point.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
I’m gonna double apprentice robe necro the new server cause why not

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Each zone has a player threshold needed to spawn a new pick. each pick of the zone needs to be above that threshold. That's why you'll see two picks of commonlands but not to three. It doesn't really matter if you zone in all together or not afaik. City zones won't spawn multiple picks (so no neriak for the enc epic) and raid zones won't either (so no picking tov). Some zones have oddly low thresholds for spawning picks (East Wastes is 40 iirc). There's a 15 minute cooldown between switching picks. Pick system is great, but it's one of the pains in the rear end that motivates players using showeq, because it's hard to find open camps when there's a 15 minute pick timer.

Huh? 5 mins not 15

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
Plus there’s barely any raid gear till velious. What are you hoping to get exactly?

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
It’s against the rules to do it on purpose. Never admit guilt and always apologize profusely for the inconvenient wipe.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

Zil posted:

People got smacked for just running SEQ today so might want to avoid doing that for some time.

Nah. I leave seq, input director, and ionbc running 24/7 and never a problem.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

Waroduce posted:

Double Exp, Double the loots weeeks and poopsocking EQ has allowed me to vorasciously re-live my childhook experience and its been quite wonderful despite how lovely my sleep cycle is right now. I was up till 4.30AM EST and didn't even realize.

So yesterday Oro and I were maybe like 28 and 31ish respectively and we were a bit burnt out on MM and felt like we were going to need to move eventually anyway so we started the day off by throwing up an LFG and doing a run out to LGUK which was....fantastic tbh.

EQ still has a little of that gently caress how am I going to get there, where is this stupid thing going that preserves a bit of the sense of discovery for me despite having gorgeous 3rd party maps in my UI now.

We go out to Upper guk and had a find time figuring out our way down to LGUK but always turning right does indeed get you there eventually.

We showed up and Lguk was popping, bunch of stupid full picks up but we noticed alot of LFG people sitting around the zone line, with one being a cleric and the other being an SK. Literally not knowing any of the camps, routes, how to get around or anything , naturally I invited both of them and just said " Let's try to find a camp". We added some other casters and we just zoned in. Luckily one guy knew the way to bedroom so we followed him under the water (little concerning) and set up in what we now know as the bedroom.

As the bard, I've come to realize I am generally the groups preferred puller so despite my lack of zone knowledge I start pulling and slowly figure out my loop. Because the zone is so heavily camped, I get to wander quite far which as a newcomer to the zone does get my heart beating a little bit but I do it with the map out first in the lower corner of my screen until I learn the loop for good. I was pulling out under from rear end/sup and from exec pretty aggressively but I got to learn where those camps were while I was pulling for my bedroom camp which was pretty nice.

We poopsocked that for a while but the pulls in Lguk are SO aggressive irt to competition from other pullers. We couldn't keep the mobs coming at a good clip so Ouro helpfuly monitored /pick and we pop'd over to a new instance and immediately called rear end/sup which was very rewarding for me as I knew where that was so it was cool to see the pathing. We cleared those guys a few times and I was aggressively pulling bedroom and exec at the same time until the exec camp called they were bailing so we moved down there.

Got set up on the wall and started doing the loop, got to see a few of the rare mobs pup, 2x exec hoods, 1x of that sword, some other stuff while we were down there. I started venturing very very far (i mean i felt it was far) out into the frenzy area to pull and even up toward the king and bringing back the mobs to exec. Passed some time there and we logged off to take a dinner break.

When we pop'd back on around 36 and 38 respectively we got pinged for a Sol B group but the guy was just pulling anyone from LFG and didn't have a camp or anything going unfortunately. we zoned in and no one knew anything about the zone or where to go and people were seemingly AFK at random times so that quickly fell apart.

We pinged a boxed cleric chanter we made friends with in MM and he was camping frenzy so we joined up on him for a bit and got to do that. I think he likes me bc I can go out and pull poo poo further and more easily than he can safely and I've been chatting him up. Ouro also makes his life super easy bc lol another enchanter and more CC.

did that for a bit and had to log finally around 4.30am and level 38.5.

We're going to pop on later today and try to push for 45 hopefully so we can start doing plane stuff. There doesn't seem to be alot of leveling options for this awkward 38-42ish window pre-hole.

I appreciate the direction to Solb royal, bugs and bats and possibly the hole but am i too low for hole at 38 bard? I think we're gunna throw up an lfg and see what comes our way. Hamlord and SolB royals sound the most viable but we're very open to other items.

For SolB, im assuming invisi is good and we can use that to get to royals or whateveR?

Probably not kedge though.

other thoughts:

1. Holy poo poo is pulling in busy zones aggressive especially in guk. I'm going like a 3rd of the zone over to find mobs for my group and pulling far distances. which is fun but a little nerve racking when Its my first time in in 20 years.

1b. Pulling as a bard, should i be using like a bow? or do I primarily get by with like aoe snare, throw a dd song and book it which is what i've been currently doing. I kind of get how mezz/lull pulling works from my time in MM or at least enough to get it going rudimentarily and optimize from there.

2. Alot of eq players seem too chill as in content with like slower exp gains and to just be in a party. Ouro and I are super aggressive with the pulls (manna permitting), trying to keep a good tempo and we're very quick to be like hey we need to move camps/picks if we have a good group going that everyone is progressing out of our current set up.

3. god bless /taxi

4. What are my options for gating? should i just buy some gate potions? my origin is Quenyos which sucks rn, but gunna be good for da hole but I hate getting stuck deep somewhere without an easy way out :(

5. Building out your own lfg group and finding a camp is very annoying but spamming ooc or loitering around the zone line is annoying in a different way. Im not sure which the best approach is. Maybe just if you get a tank and healer in lfg you start your own thing. Takes alot of energy and brain noodling to put the lfg together and try to find a camp when you dont know the zone lol

What classes are you guys again? I run a cleric enc wiz crew and would be down to hit up plane of hate when y’all are ready. My crew is pretty fully geared but I like picking people up and doing poo poo.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

Waroduce posted:

We are 38.5 bard 40 ench.
We should be on around 6/7 est for another poopsock session if anyone wants to do alts or push together. I'd really like to get to 45ish before the end of the weekend

E: anyone have any ideas what my songs should look like for

1. Grp dps if i need to contribute

2. Duo damage? Specifically with my buddy for maybe cyclops or something? Like snare, dot, Crack song and haste for pet ? Idk

I’ll try to get on around 6 est and get something going with you guys on any combo of my characters.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
I just hopped on. We could just jump into the hole and go from there . Nobody is ever camping poo poo from that side. OOT goblins are also primo xp but low loot and there are countless mobs. I’m ok with whatever and am more familiar with all the classic zones than I’d like.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
Once you know the tricks in plane of hate it’s the softest end game zone ever. The red mobs have interesting aggro dynamics and leash really easily, and the dispelling chests also leash to their houses if you run away fast enough on aggro. I actually love clearing hate by myself and I love showing people all the little tricks there so I’m stoked to pop up there any time y’all want. It’s the zone I’ve spent by far the most time in. I won’t be around tonight but almost all this week I will.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
So plane of hate open world is basically a hunger games setting where mobs are snatched as soon as they spawn (maybe by me lol). You could probably port up there and explore a bit with relative safety if you have eyes up. There are a couple places you might call “camps” that are conveniently out of roamed paths and are easy to pull certain mobs to. However mobs in hate leash with the greatest of ease and pulling long or medium distances across the zone can be quite frustrating.

If you see people zoning into open world plane of fear they are probably just yoloing it since it’s usually fairly despawned. In fear your main “camps” are directly west of the zone in on the wall, the very northwest corner, and the middle of the south wall. Notice the trend here of staying on the walls. Even when fear is pretty clear there are certain mobs / areas that people won’t bother pulling because the mobs dispel or are pains in the asses and don’t drop much of anything. It’s very easy to gently caress up and chain aggro a handful of these mobs and ruin your evening. Bards have a little more leeway here with Selos but you run the chance of a stun or dispel killing you still.

There is also the distinct possibility of dracolliche , ct, and the golems being up. This server is a lot more casual than past servers about keeping OW raid targets dead on spawn. If fright, dread, Draco, or ct is up you just need to be aware of their locations and stay tf away.

Fear and hate are totally opposite zones almost. Hate is a near zero risk roam fest and fear can instafuck you if you don’t know where you are at any given time. Doing a DZ of hate is totally possible with my group of 3 I had last night. You’ll pull like 10 of any given high end gem and tons of plat from a Dz. I would never even consider zoning into full pop Dz fear with only 3 and certainly never without a monk and bard.

For exp at your level solb royals will be awful. It’s pretty much bugs and bats / efreeti exp mobs (nobody pulls these but great exp), permafrost bear pit ( great exp, nobody will EVER be there doing pickup stuff ), the hole, OOT gobs, or hamlord for the slow slow slowest option. I won’t even recommend kedge cause kedge is kedge.

rally fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jul 4, 2022

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

DisgracelandUSA posted:

My former GM from Aradune wants to do a non-trad kedge group with two charmers.

That tainted seahorse fucks but I just can’t gently caress around with the under water zones. Maybe if I’m able to park in one spot and someone else is willing to pull but in general nah. 90% of stuff I end up getting into my pet is tanking and I’m healing / CC / pulls. I think I did 30-50 in no melee groups lol. Those deep water inks are gonna be calling though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

blatman posted:

what the heck is hamlord

It’s just north of ASSUP (in the) SEXCAVE.