Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Quick question;

If I have an account with some characters that aren't the F2P classes/races, do I need to pay a subscription to access them? Or can I do F2P with my old characters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Awesome, thanks!

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

How long are the Fabled mobs going to be around?

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

GodIsInTheTrees posted:

Fabled until April 16...

That sucks. Can't solo Fabled Kunark bosses at 79

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

RCarr posted:

I better be able to get them to transfer me off test before that deal runs out!

Who are you on Test? The "go to" server is Luclin, correct?

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Hmmm, maybe I'll just stay on Test.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

What are some good places to molo as a 79 necro? I tried out C2 of PoF, but after several kills, my XP hadn't moved at all.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Fairly sure all of the servers are down at the moment. Launchpad is hanging for me as well.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

JustJeff88 posted:

I finally started a Dark Elf SK to complement my bard and druid - I fancy that those 3 plus mercs (cleric, rogue, wizard, perhaps) would make a nice one-man group.

Sorry, but are you implying that you can have multiple mercs active at once?

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

veril posted:

Just a quick reminder -- EQ Test Server is also fully free to play, and you get all the expansions/etc.

I have a 79 necro on Test, but I don't play that much because XP goes so slow.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Do we have a list of the goons on Test?

I'm in as Thalyn, 79 necro. I spend most of my time killing Kunark/Velious bosses because grinding XP is such a chore, even with potions and Lesson.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

Anyone have a char on test or can test copy and give me a few plat? I'm dubbing around with a few friends but my chars are all from Velious era and are totally broke. Help please and I will love you a lot

Name? I won't be on much this week due to a big exam, but I'll look for you if I'm online.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

funzo2226 posted:

Everyone come to test, it's free. I literally have 5 accounts with one character each and can create more at anytime.

Everyone who is on test state your character name and guild name:

Funzoe (85 rogue) - <Tacgnol>
Riverrs (85 bard) - <Tacgnol>

We can start grouping together and killing poo poo.

Thalyn (79 necro)

I would love having people to talk to.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

jetz0r posted:

I'll make the offer to testcopy over little carepacks to you test goons again. I can ship over packs of: (listed by character)

~2m plat, 3k dream motes, an Amulet of Necropotence, a Manastone, a stack of Pure Light orbs, lots of 14 slot bags and/or TS items, and whatever random things I have from exping.

An AoN, Circlet of Shadows, a stack of pure Metal orbs, a Bioluminescent Orb, L90 arrow summoning quiver.

My trader with whatever random stuff I'm trying to sell (RoF random drop gear and Eternal Grove crap) plus some plat.

Contact me at xegony.illa, or post in thread with your name and what you want. I'll copy over and send stuff when I can.

That would be fan-loving-tastic if you could copy over some plat, dream motes, an Amulet of Necropotence, and a Manastone. It seems there's quite a queue, but when you get a chance, my necro, Thalyn, would be most appreciative.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Wask posted:

Anyone on test have dream motes or HoT T1 visible armor/weapons available? I can pay with (meaningless) platinum of course. My shaman and mage are approaching 80 in the next couple days. I was expecting to see more stuff in the bazaar now that /testcopy is working again!

Shaman is named Grammu, who I pay the most attention to.

Send Thalyn a /tell next time you see me on. I have thousands of them I can give you.

Edit: And a huge thanks to jetz0r for the stuff.

Escape_GOAT fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jan 18, 2013

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Are there regular groups that do power leveling? I'm currently level 80, and even with 300% xp compared to Live, it still takes a longish time to get a level. Is there anyone I can tag along with while the swarm?

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

revenance posted:

Reminder: All xpaks are unlocked on Test. :v:

I think this was mentioned earlier in this thread, but I couldn't find it. But, when I log into Test, it says that I have 17 out of 19 expansions. Does that simply reflect the expansions activated on Live? It seems that the content (AAs, parcel system, spells, etc) is active on my account.

Should I care that it doesn't list them all being active?

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Freeze_Dried_Chives posted:

Thanks for the stuff! The drum is really great, I can run so drat fast now.

But I am a big stupid head that doesn't know how items work so...

Is there anyone that can parcel me some Flawed or Ornate plate stuff by any chance? I was so excited about my new armor that Napster sent me that I put it on and deleted the stuff I had and didn't know that the stuff he sent me won't actually work on me at all yet.

What level are you? I have a ton of stuff I can probably send your way.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Turns out all I really had was a Cloak of Flames, so I sent it.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Flarestar posted:

OK, so I now have transferring over any time I do a /testcopy:

For 80+ folks:

Dagger of Rotting Flesh
Brutal Enforcer
Hammer of Greatness
Ring of the Fearborn
Eclipse
Most of a full set of Terror Infused armor (the HoT T1 equivalent all/all armor, min-lev 80). This stuff.
A full set of HoT dream fragments for rank II spells.

For 85+ folks:
A full set of Rustic wraps (VoA T1 armor). Also transferring the armor pieces for plate if you can wear that, otherwise let me know which you need and I'll copy that instead.
A full set of VoA cantrips for rank II spells.
Steelcore Dagger
Darksteel Band of the Turncoat
Heartwood Bow
VoA-strength power sources for armor.

For lowbies not being PL'd:
The Horn of Hsagra

For fun:

Amulet of Necropotence

Things that I can unlock for transfer - these require me to use Loyalty crowns to purchase unattuners. I have no problem doing this, just don't want to waste them if no one actually wants the items.

Sliver of the Shieldbearer's Shield

PM me if you want any of this stuff - first come first serve.

Edit - As a note for those of you requesting Cantrips and Dream Fragments for Rank II stuff, keep in mind that VoA 92-95 spells require language progression, and HoT 89-90 spells require indifferent faction.

For VoA - Rank 2 spells are obtained from The Sklyg in Beasts' Domain by turning in "xyz Alaran Cantrip". No requirements for level 91, 25 skill for levels 92-93, and 50 skill for levels 94-95.

Will send you a PM about some of the Terror Infused pieces this evening when I get home.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Andy Dufresne posted:

Is there a way to /testcopy without logging in? I have a gnome necromancer (which can log on F2P) along with an Iksar SK and Iksar Shaman on separate accounts. It looks like purchasing the race/class combos will cost 1050 SC per account which isn't a great deal. If I sub it'll cost $30 for both accounts, also not a very good deal.

If you already have the characters on your accounts, you don't have to sub in order to access them. You do have to sub if you want to access the shared bank and some other things. But, you can log on and /testcopy those characters over without paying.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Oh poo poo. I thought that you were able to access characters provided that you already made them before they went F2P. Never mind me then.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

I'll be on in a bit and I'd love to work on the J5 quest too. I'm at the part where you have to kill champions and Prime. Thalyn, 83 nec, will be in soon.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Beach Party posted:

I was thinking something like like a shadowknight or bard but i heard you need a lot of AAs to really open up the potential of the classes. Mage seems like it would be fun since the pet can tank while you dps away. Just looking for an easy class that i can mess around with and tackle underlevel raid targets, while exploring zones ive never been to before. I dont need massive combat spam, just something mindless i dont need to think a lot about.

Sounds like you should go with a necro. The pet is not as robust as the Mage pets and stacking DOTs means low burst damage, but necros have so much utility and more ways to avoid dying than any other class. Invis + FD makes exploring almost anywhere super easy.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

veril posted:

I've started on test as Caelaene, magician. Got up to 36 so far.

If care packages are still going around, and there's anything mage-usable (or platinum), I'd appreciate that.

Also didn't see anything in the last few pages about this -- Is there a goon guild on Test, or just the goontest chat channel?

The Roost Gave Me Harpies is pretty much the goon guild. There's at least 20 people on most evenings.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Hollow Hills posted:

Can anyone send Kavinsky some plat? I copied over a friend's 95 SK and going to start pl'ing a bard, but don't even have enough plat to summon merc. I'll PL some goons with me when I'm on.

Sent you some monies. Totally down for some PL.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

JustJeff88 posted:

Do you mean a Shai'Din Revenant Bauble (that casts Bobbing Corpse)? My SK is 82 and has instant invis AA and Bobbing Corpse, but I have a 52 necromancer named "Zyzykx" on Test who could really use those.

I wanted to thank Loon and crew, as well as that random guy in General who gave me 2 free Murdunk TAs, for once again taking me through the J5 quests. My bard, Syphir, is the only character I have left that needs to unlock J5 mercenaries, so if anyone decides to run through them, I would love to join you. Syphir still needs credit from Murdunk's, but I was able to do the ground spawn quest and the "Hail to the Thralls" quest solo via blatant abuse of Fading Memories, and he has the 4 kill quests (2 frogs, 2 ogres) in his log - I just do not have the firepower with my stable of level 82s to take down the mobs in Korascian Warrens with any safety and efficiency.

I've got an 84 necro that would love to finish the J5 quest line. I'll be on later tonight as well as tomorrow evening. Shoot Thalyn a /tell in game.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Just wanted to say to the guys that I ran Anguish with the other night. Sorry I had to AFK during OMM. My son woke up screaming with a fever of 104 and I had to take care of him.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Is there any chance I can get a care package of gold bars sent to Thalyn? I had to buy some stuff in the Bazaar, but the prices were pretty inflated for Test, and I burned through my plat.

Thanks in advance!

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Comfortador posted:

Just what I needed, an excuse not to level another class. Thanks! :)

Since no one answered yet, are there multiple goon guilds on test? Any 70ish groups regularly leveling?

There's The Roost Gave Me Harpies, which is the goon guild. There's a bunch of people in the 70ish range.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Can someone send some plat to Thalyn if they have some to spare? He's currently in the poor-house.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Thalyn will likely be on hiatus until the end of the month, since I should probably be focusing on my classes so I can finish my master's.

I wouldn't say that I got burned out, but it got a little tiring trying to get groups together in /guildchat when no one responds.

I'll be back regularly in three weeks or so, though.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Stanos posted:

Consider most of us are vomiting plat or spend it on useless poo poo, don't worry too much about it.

On that note, can someone throw Thalyn some plat? I went broke buying a few 28 slot bags and a Snood.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Couple more days for me. One lit review and a grant proposal for Bacteriology and a Biochem final are all that remain.

I saw some mention if another guild recently. Did people leave Roost?

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Do we have a list of who still plays on Test? Whenever I log in, I see a bunch of unfamiliar names and think most of them are people's boxes.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Would the wizard merc nuke stuff that I root rot or would those mobs have to hit me first? Can you make the DPS mercs aggressive and assist or are they always responsive only?

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

MrTheDevious posted:

He'll happily nuke the stuff you're root rotting without you getting hit, he just assists.

I'm not sure the result of that is gonna be quite what you think it is, though

Yea, I thought about it after I made the post and then remembered that DD tends to break PP.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Is there anyone left in Roost that can promote Thalyn to officer or at least give me guild bank access? I'm like the only person left over than that loving AFKer in Paw. I just wanted to grab a couple items for the box I'm leveling.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Which guy in Direwind? I was mucking around in Direwind/Ashengate a bit last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

I'm currently AFKing. But, I found an extremely out of the way spot in a zone that's always empty, mostly because it's such a PITA to get to. My pet kills the 3 spawns and 2 roamers every 22 minutes and after a day or so, I get a level.

This way, I can study for the MCAT and gain some levels. It's a win-win.