Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

aparmenideanmonad posted:

In other news, I started a new SK so that I can do all the crazy BFG related things that I want to do in Velious. If anyone wants to group up, shoot me a tell on Berak. I'm level 11 at the moment and probably heading to Unrest soon.

Please tell me you're rolling with an iksar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

seal clubber posted:

The best part was it made a really annoying sound.

"Swish swish swish swish swish"

Creative use of boredom right there :v:

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Wondermoose posted:

Do we have an IRC for this?

In addition, "goons" on #Project1999 is usually a reference to guild members of <The Mystical Order>, not necessarily posters on the SomethingAwful forums. I rarely hang out in irc these days, but hopefully that might avoid some confusion if you see some mention of it there.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Lakedaimon posted:

Ive been having some surprising luck finding deep blues in Swamp of No Hope of all places, but that probably wont last another level. I tried soloing at the entrance to Dalnir, but I couldnt kill the cleric npcs, which seem to always be up maybe ill try again after I ding.

Swamp of No Hope is one of my favorite (and least appreciated) newbie zones in the game. There are a number of named leeches, Iksar, and Frogloks in the 15-25 level range that roam the zone and have very rewarding drops. Soblohg, a 26 warrior mob, has a relatively predictable spawn cycle in the Northern half of the zone and can drop gems that sell very well to players in East Commonlands.

As for Dalnir, the dungeon itself is a difficult one for the 25-35 level range, but has become slightly easier with the fixes to mob pathing in the most recent server patch. Crescent armor (linked here: http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Crescent_Armor_Set) is a great armor set for monks that I could help you acquire with minimal effort on your monk. /tell Skullmonkey next time you're in the area and we'll go there together to round out some of your armor slots.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

afk/bandito posted:

He helped me out in Befallen yesterday. The GM that first showed up said he couldn't help because I was technically not stuck - I was just locked behind the doors. Seemed pretty nice.

Befallen and Najena have locked more players inside their dungeon walls that I'd care to count. Really cool of him to respond to the petition.

I'm feeling pretty optimistic that Sirken will give this a good shot. Being a GM or developer on a free server is a thankless job, and it's nice to hear that he's starting off to be a moderate new face on the server.

Pillow Armadillo fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jul 24, 2012

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Pilsner posted:

I can really only think of Freeport and Plane of Hate as zones that were completely overhauled, both with geometry and NPCs.

Don't forget Clan Runnyeye - although that's a zone that should've been revamped before Classic went Live. What a terrible rush job by the original developers for a lowbie dungeon.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Violent posted:

Ebon (DE Cleric in my Guild) can make some high level blacksmithing items. I am certain he could help.

Ebon's a good guy. Today I was helping a guildie retrieve his shaman's corpse from a particularly nasty corpse run in Warslik's Woods. Fun fact - falling off the cliffs with levitate fading is a death sentence for most players :v:

Ebon was cordial in /ooc and even went so far as to offer to come back to Warslik's after a corpse run in Sebilis to help out. Working on getting a shimmering pearl turned in for his Ragefire kill. Was a huge help this afternoon.

That being said, I can also smith banded armor, but the large patterns are tough to obtain by myself as an Iksar. If you get the patterns I can craft them easily in Neriak and deliver the armor your way in EC Wednesday night (EST).

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

It's difficult to stay on top of, but there's still a small, friendly contingent of SA users on the project99 blue server. I know of 4-5, including myself, in Bregan D'Aerth and another couple of goons in Divinity and The Mystical Order.

Level of activity kind of ebbs and flows, but feel free to /friend a sampling of the listed players in the OP and see who you can find online. In the past 2 months, I've met several new players to the server that way.

As for the guild question, what kind of guild atmosphere are you looking for?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

EllEssDee posted:

Been playing through. Now at 45 (Necro), Getting entirely sick of the Dreadlands. Slowly losing the want to play though and 45 sucks, anything I can do to reignite the oomph to just get to at least 50?

Have you tried grouping in City of Mist or Solusek B? Both of those dungeons were a lot of fun when I at your level range.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

moolchaba posted:

Yes. I do all my banking in Halas.

Any advice on working Halas faction up? I'd like to be able to do that one day as an iksar.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Bugen, you still kicking around? Skullmonkey here.

Finally caved in and bought a replacement video card for my PC. Looking to play on p99 again, possibly later in the week or weekend.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

I like to think that Shinko's rage-delevel was the prime reason they decided to patch the various issues. Not because he made the issue more pertinent, but because teasing Shinko is funny.

Wait, what happened?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

iNteg posted:

3 hours in seb last night, 11% of 55. it's gonna be a long road to 60. lol

Go to Howling Stones, west wing. Unless you're doing Disco I found the exp to pale in comparison.

Karnor's Castle blows. Efreeti in SolB is pretty laid back, though.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Trying to get my computer back up and running.

Bugen, do you still follow EC tunnel trends? Wondering how I can raise a bit of money before Velious on undercamped or high demand items.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Node posted:

I think she had "real" sounding name. She was a wood elf I think.

Maybe you're thinking of Jenithia?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Wondermoose posted:

Rolled an Iksar Warrior, if I could get a guild tag that would be awesome. Should be on 9pm EST to 'way too late.' Character name is Vasrin.

Hit me up tonight on Skullmonkey. I'll craft you some cultural armor and get you on your way.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

iNteg posted:

Did you fix your PC?!? Hot drat.

Quite possibly. Installing a new mobo after work. More News at 11.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Equality posted:

Any trustworthy goons willing to help me out on a transfer in the EC tunnels today? I'd love to sit around and kill poo poo all day! Send a tell to Ekto!

Send a tell to Skullmonkey if you still need help. I'll be on ~6 this evening

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Been struggling with the same issue with a wizard and shaman alt. Unrest has been shitpacked the last couple of evenings. What's a good level to try Mistmoore?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

TouchToneDialing posted:

Low levels for shamans is always rough. You get exponential better every new spell circle and really start handing rear end once you get your first pet.

Also its not to late to reroll an ogre =P You can thank me later if you decided to do that.

For the frontal stun immunity? Would that really be a game changer next expansion?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

So, I shamefully trained myself in Droga last night and lost 10% of my level (59). Offering a stack of peridots to any cleric willing to help rezz me in that zone.

Will be on ~6pm EST if anyone's available.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Siets posted:

So has the Ratting Rapture happened yet? Are all ISKtar hulls now nothing but cold floating husks endlessly drifting through the dark depths of space?

(I am legitimately curious.)

What.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Good to see Invalid/Unknown guild getting a second wind.

If any of you guys are in the 16-20 level ranges, I have a 20 necro, shaman and wizard that I'd love to start leveling up.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

In about 9 levels, my wizard will be able to port around too. Trying to make the most of the exp bonus since (finally) hitting 60 on my warrior.

Iksar warriors rule, by the way. gently caress ogres.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Do any of you guys have a dark elf with GM blacksmithing? I'm looking for a set of Imbued Tier'dal chain but it's nowhere to be found in the marketplace.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

I'm online right now on Illtair in EC and will be around semi-AFK all day available to do invites and officer tags. Get 'em while they're hot.

Hey Bugen, did you ever skill up Blacksmithing on your wizard? I remember Caseytatum being able to craft >160 armor. Are you able to?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Siets posted:

Let's take this thread to happy places! Does anybody have newbie necro items around that I could take off their hands? I would love you long time.

I am currently humming along to the tune of level 26 now and show no signs of stopping! Having too much fun grouping with Sidhlot and Waynes!

Sheeit. Let's make this trio a proper group before you guys out-level me. Do you want a 23 wizard or 21 shaman?

P.S. I met some troll in Taken the other night who asked for help on his symbol of Innoruuk quests. Helped him camp the halflings and showed him around Neriak. Time spent: 60 minutes. Reward: Cone of the Mystics and a Shralok Pack. :v:

Pillow Armadillo fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Dec 4, 2013

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Maed posted:

Don't worry, I (Sidhlot), have switched to my true calling (Ranger) so I'll have to catch up to you guys again anyway. I'm working on doing the tons of gnoll fang turnins thing so hopefully it won't take too long.

What's the name of your ranger? I might have some stuff in EC you can have

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Both are fun, the shaman's a powerhouse with a fungi, but I am just starting to get some nasty nukes on the wizard and the ports are very useful. I'm down for Ocean of Tears.

In the meantime, I'll park the shaman in Unrest and keep your ranger buffed so you're not tanking like a wet paper bag.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Siets posted:

How are all of you people rolling with fungi tunics? :smith:

I've been on p99 since 2011. ymmv.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Special thanks to Big Sirduh for the help on getting my next level of spells. You rock.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Nilbog Resident posted:

Could I not get some random SK-only weapons for cheaper, and maybe even at better ratios / not -30 Poison Resist?

The Ik cultural armor looks like it kind of sucks for the presumably large amount of money it would cost. I wouldn't even know where to begin looking for it.

I'd rather not, and continue looking cool and lizardly and swinging 2H swords in a profoundly confusing arc.

I can craft the Iksar cultural armor, but believe me it's a terrible disappointment. The entire set is basically lighter banded with str and wisdom.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Nilbog Resident posted:

I'm in as Vallisk. Also I'm frightened of the prospect of not having anywhere to sell / bank / buy food and drink.

Buy 2 cloudy potions and 8 stacks of Red Wine. Run to Neriak 3rd gate and turn the wine in 4 at a time to Lokar T'Biath in the Library for guard and merchant faction. Then Neriak will be your home away from home.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Looking for some advice on how to twink a ranger on an 8k budget.

Right now, I'm wearing banded with a PGT, so obviously there's room for improvement.

To my advantage, I can potentially move a Cloak of Flames and Fungi Tunic onto him if necessary, but I'd like to know what other options are available since I hate transferring gear between toons (they're all scattered throughout Norrath).

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Nilbog Resident posted:

If anyone has a banded-capable smith near Cabilis, holla at Vallisk if you ever see me online.

Will be online in two hours. Will look for you on Skullmonkey

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Wondermoose posted:

Holy poo poo! It is time to seriously start leveling. The endgame is what was really killing my will to level on this server.

Can anyone craft the iksar cultural armor? If so, how much would you charge for it?

I can craft it. Are you looking for imbued or unimbued Cabilis Scale?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Just dinged 15 on my ranger. Nybright sisters are getting a little slow...are rangers still the red-headed stepchildren of groups? Wondering if I should head to Unrest or Upper Guk for the next 5-7 levels. Which dungeon would I be more effective in?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

ohno posted:

Overall, I think this whole exercise is a net loss for the server. More would have been accomplished if Rogean had just sat TMO/FE/IB down and said "Hey guys, please find a way to help the 'Tier 2' guilds get raid fun/experience/loot/etc." and then stuck in additional repops (with the same play nice request) as a bonus.

Yep.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Funkutron5000 posted:

I just know when not to open my mouth to share how I really feel. Oh the things I wanted to say to Chest but thought better of before I could get to a keyboard.

Just PM those thoughts to me. I'll spout them off in vent, we'll hug it out and it'll be a win-win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Left goblin ears from High keep sell very well, too. I believe 15-30pp each is the going rate.

• Locked thread