Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So, let's say I have 4bux lying around on my PSN account. Which DLC is worth it to spend it on. Are there ever any sales or are price drops a possibility?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I've got 2 warriors to rent out. Psn caldwerl and gildiss. Just recently came back to finish a sorc char. Its really different from my war assassin main obviously.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

likecnsnnts posted:

woop. Adding you laters. Gonna roll with 4 warriors post-game. What could go wrong.

Ive noticed my high level warrior took some really odd lessons away from watching me. Like she really enjoys jumping around and shouting mainly.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ciaphas posted:

Do we know about what Dark Arisen is going to actually bring to the table as far as gameplay/quality of life improvements? I couldn't get more than five hours into the game, partly from decision paralysis over my class but MOSTLY because travel was a total loving bore after the first couple cross country treks. Something to improve that over the current limited fast travel system (or a revelation on how I totally failed to abuse it correctly :v:) would be great.

Well, a loaded goon could give your pawn some port crystals as severance pay. That's what I did for my sorc character and it made that newgame play through very nice.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Looks like some cool new big things to press swords onto. And cyclopii without helmets? :cool:

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

RBA Starblade posted:

The first time around its a scripted npc and pawn, but I think new game + does that.

When offline, you will fight your character and pawn as they were at the point when you beat it the first time and each fight after that as well. It's pretty cool. When online, yeah, it's random.

Gildiss fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Feb 19, 2013

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Im_Special posted:

Dark Arisen will apparently be getting an install feature (PS3), for faster load times and possibly even better textures too, can't wait for this.

It already had install times? During the intro with the default arisen.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

DA on the PC would be awesome, and I feel like it would really appeal to that demographic a lot.

Ohgod I can see it now.

Macho Man voice pack for pawns.

Walking the mountain pass would never be the same.

"IVE BEEN TO THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN!"

Goblins appear.

"SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM!"

:krad:

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Wildtortilla posted:

To use goon pawns, must the goons be on my PS3 friend list?

If you want them to be free, if they are higher level than you.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
There is a stone on the beach cove in Cassardis NG+ that takes you straight to the Ur at any time.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ARACHNOTRON posted:

gently caress pawns and gently caress the metal golem. I had to swap over to an archer to kill it because I couldn't get any pawn except a mage to attack the wards in the trees. And they're immune to magic.

I did learn that archers are pretty fun, though.

Since I don't really want to swap out to different vocations from fighter/warrior/mk, can I save to a flash drive so I wouldn't overwrite my save? Also, can I copy multiple saves to a flash drive and have them not overwrite one another?

The only way I am aware of to have multiple saves is to have multiple Xbox or PS3 profiles.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

S-Alpha posted:

I've got a question: Is there an all-gold armor set in the game? It doesn't need to be very good, I want one so my Arisen and pawn can match, silver and gold. :v:

Scale armor is goldish.

e: And the Golden Lion Set from Everfall.

Gildiss fucked around with this message at 16:55 on May 7, 2013

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Finally got my copy. Put up my PS3 mage(49) and ranger(125) onto the list.

Holy poo poo you can change equipment using your item stash.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Murodese posted:

My level 25 pawn just came back with a full set of Dragonforged Gryphic armour :raise:

Oh yeah, that was me. Started with the weapon and shield and just couldn't stop.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Azaael posted:

Maybe try to climb it, if by 'on the wing' you mean close to it's body. If you mean 'all the way at the tip of the wing'...ehm, pray the pawns start shooting them. They can only be hit with bows and magic.

They can be hit by the warriors jump quick attack.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I forgot how much fun fighter was to play.

Confident before getting dusted by the double dragons.

Also, please hire some goons Ice King pawn.

Wizard's rule. Keep it tight.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Warm Inca Lips posted:

The dragon pope is super allergic to Surging Light tomes. Slap him with at least two and he's much easier to deal with.

I love shield launching my pawns into liches and poo poo. They fly up and slap them in the face and he falls down.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

jonjonaug posted:

Have you been using Periapts at all? Stacking four Conqueror's Periapts multiplies your attack power by over five times. Fournival sells an unlimited amount of them.

The couple of encounters where you can get two at a time though are really dicey. I just run away if I get two Firedrakes.

I have trained my pawn well in dealing with dragons. I gave him the two secret augs to deal more damage while climbing on a monster and makes it harder to shake him off. He grabs on and butchers the poo poo out of their hearts and they can't do a drat thing about it. Even gets cyclops helmets off himself and then shoots the eye. Dudes a beast. Always Rent Tarrant.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Cakeequals posted:

So there's a new (free) DLC out called Crucible of the Lost. According to the description, it either changes existing battles in Bitterblack or adds new ones, it's hard to tell. Also it adds some things to Barroch's shop.

E: Seems the changes to Barroch's shop are the additions of a few pieces of armor that were originally only able to be gotten from lv. 1 and 2 cursed stuff.

It adds an item, Fiend-luring Incense your storage in the Special Items tab. It says to take it to the Rotunda of Dread or the Black Abbey ~if you dare~.

E: Checked them out.
Rotunda of Dread has
2 x Condemned Gorecyclops (Already pissed off)
4 x Corrupted Pawn Sorcs

Black Abbey has
5 x Garms
2 x Hellhounds
2 x Wargs

Gildiss fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Jun 18, 2013

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Supreme Allah posted:

The first time I did that, I had forgotten all about that dude, and I was basically trying everything to hurt this drat bird and nothing worked. Literally right when I thought 'this poo poo is impossible, I tried it too soon', that dork does a run-in and sets the griffin on fire. Then we proceed to chop the turkey into little pieces. An awesome, long quest (set of quests) with a great payoff.

I love the dialogue for that guy at that part. It almost sounds like "Hey, here I am, about to use this totally magic book that you definitely didn't get forged to trick me out of my gold, alright here goes! poo poo"

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Several explosive barrels in the quarry are good for a sneak attack against them.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mad Dragon posted:

Holy poo poo, 113,501RC. How long did this guy have my pawn?

Here's a question I've been meaning to ask for a while: Is it necessary to give pawns lanterns?

Yes. Though the light they give off isn't the greatest for you.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lunethex posted:

Does anyone find much use out of the Fighter & Warrior skills to launch allies into the air?

When they are launched they will auto grapple whatever they hit.

I get the dragon pope and liches out of the air when they are flying by punting my strider pawn into their faces.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I kept my support mage Rezo at level 58. He works out pretty well. PSN, though.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Cometa Rossa posted:

My pawn came back after being used a couple of times with 3 stars across the board, no presents or comments, but a bunch of new knowledge about Death :911:

That's the default rating they get when they are KIA instead of being sent back.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
In Dark Arisen the game throws portcrystals at you.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

No but seriously what the gently caress is even up with ogres. The only way I was able to kill the one in the Everfall quest is because I got it to charge off of the edge and fall to its death. The ones in the mine are kicking the everloving poo poo out of me and it happens the same way every time: I get the ogre down to like 1/4th of its health, then it auto-tracks a dropkick into my face and kills me in one hit. I'm thinking of respeccing into a mage for this one quest just so I can kill the loving things easier.

Spec into Warrior and buy Bastion, then spec back to whatever you were using before. The damage reduction is a huge help early game.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The chair just changes their inclinations.by small amounts too. Only thing unique about the chair is the frequency of their speech. Which carrys over through a neutralizer.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Donkringel posted:

Hey, for gold tier dragon forging, does that make lower end items same rough lower level as high end gold tier items? Basically allow more swapout options? Or am I just going to be rolling in bitterback equipment all the time now?

I always wear whatever looks coolest. :wink:

The weaponry is what really counts in BBI.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Fibby Boy posted:

So I'm basically screwed if I get hit by that super tornado spell a lot of enemy spell casters seem to have right? Cause I honestly don't know what to do once I get caught by it.

You can pause to use items to heal mid bounce. Other than that, hope you can survive the last fall to the ground.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Throw pies at them.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I considered Assassin, and that's the class I would probably change to if I could, but one of the reasons I switched to Mystic Knight was because I found this really good mace that's way better than any other weapon I have. Obliteratrix it's called I think.

There are some good daggers you can find on the ground at the spear tip of the hillfigure knoll.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Neo Helbeast posted:

People keep renting my Pawn and I guess are going after Death with her because even though she's wearing all gold forged Hellfire Armor and a gold forged Devil's Bane and is level 158, she keeps coming back dead.

:ninja: I have been a very cruel master for my LP and I think only 1 pawn I've rented has been returned alive.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

It's good to know on the inside that Grandmother of Five wrote that guide because he ended up with one of the children instead of Mercedes/that jew lady and then got really salty about it.

Real Arisens go for Fournival either way.

Team Berne. Because he is the closest we get to romancing Grigori :smaug:

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
This was posted in the LP thread.

Schwartzcough posted:

Sorry to bump to a dead thread, but Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is on sale on PSN for $6.99 US (along with a bunch of other Capcom games. That's a pretty good price if someone was on the fence about it.

Dangan's Dogma sale. Get on the bus!

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

The Seneschal is a pansy that goes down in 2 hits basically regardless. If you are even at all capable of taking on the Dragon then you are also vastly over prepared for the Seneschal.

There are a couple alternate endings that you can get during that fight that the ease of downing him kind of hides.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Justin Time! posted:

Is there any way of reliably getting RCs outside of having my pawn rented anyway? I've got an RC drop before but it seems to be really, really rare and unreliable.

Have a second account that rent eachothers pawns as you do whole runs through the game.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Shear Modulus posted:

Yeah this game is janky and unforgiving as gently caress when it comes to triggering plot flags that lock you out of content, I don't know how anyone could not miss large numbers of sidequests without using a guide.

e: I am almost finished with the game and according to guides I missed everything from Quina, Selene, Valmiro, and Reynard.

There is a fuckload of dialogue that I had no idea was in this game. Like the fat spymaster guy is claiming to be the Duke's nephew and his wife is like "He is full of poo poo" I only found it when I did the LP.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Count Uvula posted:

What's going on here? Skull splitter doesn't make you immune to fall damage...

It does if you don't do it from a double any manual jump.

Gildiss fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Apr 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
This is Capcom we are dealing with here. Hope is forsaken in these lands.

• Locked thread