Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I had those bottle cages, or very similar at least. They look good but are absolute pants to use, scrapped them after a few weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ili
Jul 26, 2003

McTinkerson posted:

Tractor pulls are awesome. Twin engine tractors are awesome. Rotary's are awesome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmctz-VNHBw

That was fucken sick, thanks mate.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

gently caress yeah that's awesome.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

That open wheeler tho.... where the hell are the lights and indicators???

Rear indicators are on those wee little stalks beside the tail/brake light. Headlights are tucked up inside the mouth, can't see any front indicators but I have no idea of they're required in seppolia. Pulled some pics for you because instagram is a pain in the arse to deal with.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Can't read that without an account.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Memento posted:

Yeah I didn't think insta was letting you read poo poo without signing up any more.

Social media is a blight, tools to strip out the content and re-host it are the cure.

https://i.imgur.com/4IAlc9k.mp4

Sound on

That thing sounds so fucken sweet ay, shame they'll never make it down this way.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I hate that I'm deeply offended because I know it's actually called Wave Motion Gun in Space Battleship Yamato and you called it a cannon and that refers to the Yu-Gi-OH! card instead.

Shoot me now pls.

Crikey. How did we get from discussing "road legal" v8 open-wheelers that shoot flames out the exhaust to whatever this means?

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Darchangel posted:

I own 5. Am I cool? Or do they have to run?

For primary school kids they have to run. Also for anyone else, unless they love working on cars and dream of having a big shed full of project cars at various stages of completion.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Base it on one of those lovely old magna motors with the crappy rings, then your mate can pull the blowby from the crankcase breather like a multibong.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Humphreys posted:

Does it come with a Tyre Iron?

I was going to make this joke but apparently they used a telescopic baton instead.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Hayashi Racing the wheel company has this tiny little thing which seems to be a Ford Falcon but small?? It's apparently a 1.2l bike engine and the car is for a single make race series. And of course it's wearing a set of Hayashi Street wheels.

Not for sale but they say they'll make one for you if you want! :3:

https://twitter.com/hayashiracing1/status/1338750234764054535?s=20

It reminds me of the Aussie Racing Cars they get doing support for the V8 Supercars. Powered by a 1300cc yamaha motorbike engine apparently they'll do north of 230km/h and look like great fun. Yours for only 65k.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Man there's so much good poo poo there but this is my absolute favourite.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

This is absolutely a thing a beauty.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

freelop posted:

Local transport festival today and I just fell in love with this little Morris pickup

That's absolutely gorgeous.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

KozmoNaut posted:

Common sense would be to introduce much better driver's ed, both in the coverage of what is taught and in the time taken to make sure people have actually learnt it.

The road safety people here decided that advanced driver training makes drivers overconfident (especially young men), so it should be absolutely discouraged wherever possible.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Wrong thread, just wrong in general.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Don't sell it then, I'll give it a good home for free.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

TBH time to change the thread title but I dont have any idea what to.

Either this or a suggestion? Whomever comes up with the next title gets free change to their avatar / title / gang tags

MrYenko posted:

Even if it’s a Trabant.

Especially if it’s a Trabant.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

A seppo landbarge would be sweet but jeez they'd be financial suicide here.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Galler posted:

Hot take: top fuel dragsters suck. They can only go fast because they were made to go fast

This is what people don't realize. Dragsters are mid mounted with the engine near the rear axle to leverage as much weight onto the rear tyres as possible. They're fast to get off the line and fast mid-track. A lot of them also have steering so it's not like they're even hard to control. They're interesting machines but people generally give them too much credit.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

That's a super fucken cool van. I'm neither a van bloke or an ev enthusiast but I'd drive the absolute bejeezus out of that thing in a heartbeat.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Hot poo poo in '88 was the VL Commodore SS Group A SV "Walkinshaw"

5.0l V8, 242hp/380Nm, manual. Only did about 15.2 quarter mile but likely did outhandle the GNX.

Absolutely loved these as a young tacker. Shame they're ludicrously expensive.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

BlackMK4 posted:

Today my friend picked up a plated radical to go with the s1 elise he imported last month lmao

Holey moley that's fucken awesome.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

lilbeefer posted:

Everything outside of Australia (and New Zealand)is a simulation. You're all paid actors. Donald Trump, America and the world in general is a psyop by the ANZAC armies on their respective populations. Nothing exists outside of Australia and NZ.

New Zealand doesn't exist either it's a myth to explain the existence of gumboots and velcro gloves.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

GramCracker posted:

Not sure if this goes here or not (I can move it if need be), our JDM Collection is now going live on BAT

Those definitely belong here. NSXs are always super cool and as a teen I daydreamed of things like the integra type r and gti-r but despite being tantalisingly close they were always just out of reach.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Humphreys posted:

With the awesome NASCAR thing, here's a last to first at Bathurst.

Bonus, it includes TV commentators directly talking to Perkins about his state of mind throughout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyQ9q6JEmF4

That was so bloody good hey. I loved watching the v8s back in that era and Perkins is a dead set legend.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I liked him on hot rod garage, they still making that? Also I still watch roadkill garage and engine masters because Dulcich is an absolute treasure.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Can anyone translate what old mate was saying?

ili
Jul 26, 2003

televiper posted:

Best I got:

"What this here? this a drat lamboro-genie panel wagon! Saphire blue! Lambor-genie what're you <thought change>..man like a BE the thing·um·may... You can fit two or three B** in there and throw a deer in the back. God! ("gotdamn" got cut off)"

Cheers mate that's more than I could make out.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Snow sounds absolutely awful.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

That's only a carbon camper body on a traditional steel frame though.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Zero One posted:

Saw this in a parking lot today.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Right idea, execution not so right.

100%, this makes the butel wrong thread material imo. Would have been cool if done well though.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

wesleywillis posted:

So a regular 77 Camaro could tow 6000 pounds? Hmmmmm..... According to Wikipedia, the top engine that year was 195hp.

6000 divided by 195 hp = 30.769 pound per hp. So lets round down to 30.

My Tacoma has (I think) 276 HP, therefore it can tow, 276x 30= 8280 pounds.

Corolla is about 160. 160 x 30= 4800.

Nice!! Guess I can tow my boat with the Corolla and save me some fuel.

Be sure to take some video when you haul the boat out of the water and up the ramp.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

There wouldn't be any Camiras left on the roads would there? The ones my mates had back in the 90s were falling apart even then, near 30 years later nothing would remain except memories of that spider web cracked dash cluster which looked really cool when you were high as a kite.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Humphreys posted:

It very much had the 323 badging on the rear though. Is that a rarity or someone loving around swapping badges?

I remember there being 323 Astinas getting about when I were a lad too. Mate had the eunos with the 1.8V6 as well but it was slammed with a bodykit and not set up for speed at all. Still sounded cool as and got him on Hot4s, maybe a cover but I don't remember.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Humphreys posted:

I got in Hot4s a few times! Never a cover but featured in a few ways.

Noice! What type of car are we talking here? Hoping for an rx-3 or something similarly cool.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

PainterofCrap posted:

That poor DS

What' the flappy thing at the right rear?

Looks like a mud flap to me.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Right thread imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ili
Jul 26, 2003

If I need a car instead of a quadricycle so there's room for the kids does this mean I've been cucked by marketing? Anyone know a good dna test provider?