Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/SablePausch/status/1518632428931366918
:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

STR posted:

So does the squat.
I didn't think there was any, maybe it's just a weird angle?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Smart, take off one lug at a time to remove the broken pieces of hubcap then put it back, no problem :unsmigghh:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Sick dual serpentine setup

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

LloydDobler posted:

I mean, I would if it were a Volvo thing. Instead I carry around heater cores.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Uthor posted:

I don't know poo poo about guns, how worrying is it for something like that to just fire into their butt/bike? Or I guess vibrate and fall out?
Minimal except for very rare exceptions of poorly designed models, and not minimal, respectively. Insanely irresponsible. It's also possible but unlikely that they had a holster that sits entirely below the waistband and wasn't visible, but gently caress them either way.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

The lesson is we need to stop making jokes on this forum and I'm streets ahead on that one

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Makes perfect sense, if nobody can afford cars anymore then nobody can afford two cars, so you gotta combine your sports car and family hauler into one car you can't afford

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

The ultimate diving machine

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

holy gently caress

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Guinness posted:

If I made the rules, car on = headlights, tail lamps, and markers on. You have to go out of your way to turn them off.
I'd be fine with outlawing DRLs. If any front lights are on, tail lamps and markers are also on. My CX-30 makes it very difficult to turn off the headlights and I've never caught the DRLs on without the tail lamps also on, so that's a start.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Lol that wing is neat in an ironic spaceship sort of way, but it doesn't even line up with the body panel gaps so I'm assuming it's mounted wrong somehow

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

evobatman posted:

I still remember pulling the fenderliner on my E36 and digging out 10 pounds of the highest quality soil I have ever seen. It must have been composting itself for years behind there, its own perfect little ecosystem of rainwater and wet leaves, refreshed, shaken, aerated and warmed up every day.
:lol: Same deal with my Hawkeye WRX. Should've kept the soil but it was probably full of salt too. First picture is after I had already gotten most of it out and started seeing the horror underneath.

On a similar note, I parked my old Ranger under a tree for a semester and came back to this:

I like to think that if I'd waited long enough I might've had a second truck.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Bajaha posted:

Eh, it's a sixxer, if you're not terminally online you might even miss you got it.

Heck, we do comedy sixxers quote often to embed funny pics in our rap sheets.
We sure do. Like this! Hey Cat Interceptor! Probe deez!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

ryanrs posted:

I thought that's why floor jacks have removable handles.
Except when you leave the jack in place as a secondary safety under the car and remove the handle and the socket immediately returns to vertical and goddammit

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Raluek posted:

dont take off the whole handle, just the outer-half extension

at least then you have something to hold onto so you dont have to rescue your first jack with another one
Yep, if my jack had a two-piece handle that's exactly what I would've done in this hypothetical scenario that definitely didn't happen

Continuing the hypothetical, it wouldn't take too much thinking to realize the jack release is just a square drive inside the socket, but anger blinds

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Guinness posted:

Fumigate it again, Terminix

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

The CX-30 Turbo is perfectly enjoyable, having owned one for almost a year, and that meme is great

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Altho given the Mazda is a I6 turbo RWD and waaaaay cheaper, there's potential there for a interesting sleeper if the aftermarket gets hold of it.
Some of them are turbo I4's with AWD so you don't even get that potential. :v:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Powershift posted:

Yup.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

It's perfect.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

That Works posted:

8 year old me would want that.
:hmmyes:

Hell, not-8-year-old me kinda wants a fake Sidewinder. Reminds me of these classics:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Cicadas are even better, there's enough meat that it's less of a thwack and more of a splunch

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Applebees Appetizer posted:

The 'ol wasp up the jacket sleeve is always a fun one too
This is why I will never wear non-gauntlet style gloves, I've had Helmet Ants and caught bees in the gap between my jacket and helmet, I don't need more weak points

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Be not afraid. :shepicide:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

taqueso posted:

Whatever it takes to ruin the day of lepers colony readers

:hmmyes:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

I think the important question here is, why:

"anything my hands touch needs to be tan"????
Hot surfaces during the summer?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

TheBacon posted:

How the hell do you get the lugnuts off your wheels??? Without an impact wrench if you try and break the lugs loose with the tires in the air you just spin the wheel on the axel?
Depends on whether that wheel is driven or a parking brake is set and the car is in gear/park

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

my car's parking brake only locks the rear wheels, which is kind of annoying when I swap the summer/winter tires out and I get to the fronts. Not world ending or anything, just drop the car slightly so it's touching enough to stop wheel spin, but still annoying compared to the rears.
Right yeah, sorry, I'm not aware of any cars where the parking brake locks all the wheels but I'm sure someone here can correct me on that. If the fronts are driven then you're still good if it's in gear.

... and now I'm remembering I should probably swap the summers back on (to my car that I've driven less than 1,000mi in the last year). :smithicide:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

https://i.imgur.com/pBHTPN6.mp4
E: for context, I cut off a few seconds at the beginning where it looks like there's a fight between 2-3 guys there, but no idea what's it about.
Holy gently caress :stare:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Lol at AI singlehandedly destroying the sanctity of the Leper's Colony, I am honored to have been a part of it (multiple times)

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Diff oil 10/10 times.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Yeah on normal cars they're called lugs

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Bee sting victim energy

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

My Fit also has a hidden leak somewhere in the trunk but at least there's just a spare wheel there lol.
Looks like you need a marine battery. :v:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Olympic Mathlete posted:

:lol: this looks like some fly by night scam artist operation that'll be gone in a week.

https://twitter.com/MotorHeadMama/status/1688586109226467328?t=DLuSeRsDm7Mp-Nxo18yyHA&s=19
:lol: there's a Mazda dealership near Pittsburgh that had an extremely similar vibe. They were the only ones who could get the color we wanted, and the vehicle itself has been great, but buying from them was a terrible experience including a prolonged battle to get them to remove Kahu.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

What everyone else said. It's marketed as a theft retrieval device, usually comes with a tacked-on charge (which they admittedly didn't fight us on waiving while we were pushing for complete removal) and is often installed poorly/dangerously by tapping into the existing wiring. In some cases it can cause a parasitic draw that will leave you stranded. In our case we got very lucky and it was "just" an OBD-II passthrough connector.

At first they absolutely refused to sell us the car without Kahu, stating that it was part of their contract with the supplier or whatever. After we threatened to walk they quickly folded. We watched them remove it and won't be going back to that dealer.

Fifty Three fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 8, 2023

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

All that and no custom plate.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Does smoked brisket count as uniquely American food?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Impound them all with a massive gently caress off fine, if they do it again, crush them
agreed but give away the cars after you're done with the drivers