Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

mr. stefan posted:

I am looking forward to Mars Gundam and the adventures of Small Jacked Child, whose hobbies appear to be: working out, and: not wearing shirts

The adventures of Small Jacked Child And Biscuit Griffon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

StrifeHira posted:

dolphins are bigger assholes and hypocrites than humans

It's true to life.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

TARDISman posted:

Self destruct function confirmed.

The Fenice literally has just that, as mentioned. :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Dude began as a Gundam kid and gradually became a genocidal madman. He tried to execute war prisoners and it took a last-minute Newtype intervention to prevent him from killing a colony full of civilians.

So he's a more mentally stable Char, then.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

NikkolasKing posted:

As someone who liked Garma a lot, I really loving hated Char in MSG. He was a scumbag just as vile as any of the Zabis. (well, except maybe Gihren) He also had no proof that they even did kill his dad. But Zeta was Char trying to turn around his life and be a better person. I could respect that. Until he shouted that he "never betrayed anyone ever." Then I wanted to punch him.

Char basically went bugfuck insane somewhere between when his dad gets murdered and 0079, and pretty much the entirety of UC is just a chronicle of Char's slow descent further and further into insanity.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

TNG posted:

It's interesting, since by the time most Gundam stories have taken place, a lot of humanity has adapted to living ,and are thriving, in space. Being "Newtypes", ie people adapted to living in space, really doesn't relieve the human condition, but it certainly makes sense why Char thinks it will be good for humanity.

It's especially notable considering how Tomino changes his mind around Turn A Gundam about space colonization. In his words, he thinks people would hate living in space because they "couldn't see the sky".

On the other hand, UC spacenoids didn't choose to live in space either, since the Federation more or less forcefully relocated 80% of the population to O'Neill cylinders and only the rich are still allowed on Earth (even if Unicorn retconned it into the Fed civilians being initially in favour of the relocation).

Also, by the time CCA rolls around, it's not that clear any more whether Char wants to drop his asteroid for political reasons (force the Fed government into space to make it in their interest to stop loving over the colonies), ecological (reset the Earth with a nuclear winter/new ice age, let a new ecosystem develop over the millennia) or mystical (~newtypes~). Full Frontal has all of Char's memories IIRC and his plan is purely political/economic so :shrug:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Man, after the number of idiots I've run into online who insist "both sides have good people, it's not about right or wrong, it's about how war is bad so actually Zeon isn't evil, let's unironically cheer for Char, sieg Zeon," it's nice to see I'm not the only one who thinks Zeon fans are really creepy. :unsmith:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

StrifeHira posted:

Kamille x Domon OTP.

The manliest OTP.

But Kamille is a girl's name. :confused:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

EthanSteele posted:

Quatre is like Arabic/Berber descent. I think. His middle name is straight up "The Berber" if you convert it to French and it explains his French name. But also maybe he's just French-Arabic and his middle name isn't anything.

His first name is literally "four" in French.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

Cross-posting from the G-Reco thread:

I like how a total lack of subtitles doesn't make G-Reco any more incomprehensible. :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

So it's Red Mars but with mechs.

Colour me super loving excited. :dance:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Did we all forget the part where Fumina scratchbuilds a gunpla that is 1) entirely made out of support accessories for her teammates, 2) that she has to pilot manually and separately when they separate, because that's what the rules say about combiners with a single pilot and 3) that can also transform into a non-SD combat form?

For all the fuss made about Yuuma being a builder, he's just some dork who paints well. Fumina is the Iori equivalent in BFT (which is why the show tried to force the bullshit "rivalry" with Shia on her) except she can also pilot well. She really should have been the BFT protagonist. :(

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Sep 4, 2015

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Gundam AGE is, at its core, a very strong concept bolstered by some interesting ideas.

I've been considering watching AGE for a while now because I love a lot of its mech designs and the character design is interesting, and I've always held back because people keep mentioning how bad it is. I guess I'll go ahead and add it to my to-watch list now, so thanks.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

Gundam AGE also has really good music, especially in part two. The OP, ED and the battle song from that arc are some of my favorite Gundam music

Yeah, I really liked most of the OPs when I listened to them. Not sure I like that battle rave song, though. :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Reds posted:

I really hope that in Iron Blooded Orphans the other pilots in the MC's merc crew get an assortment of mooks to replace their tanks. The little tanks are neat and all, but I'd love it if the Graze or some other suits could get some good fights in rather than get the usual heroic cannon fodder treatment. I'm pretty sick of all-Gundam hero teams.

I hope the tanks stick around and are actually always effective, all the time, because of good tactics, and also that the tanks keep getting upgraded as the show goes on. :3:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

closeted republican posted:

You may not care about Char, Japan does. A lot. :v:

Japan cares so much about Char that this is a thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI0x5rwr0SQ

Kanos posted:

It's basically a safe, guaranteed money sideline for them because it means that even if whatever new main line series they're running flops or performs badly they'll still make a reasonable killing off selling modified versions of existing kits from the current UC OVA.

As a UC diehard, I'm never going to complain if this results in a steady stream of a) early UC OVAs with Unicorn's budget and b) redesigned Origin/REVIVE/MG 2.0 versions of early UC kits, because those are both amazing things.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The head makes it look kind of like a G-Reco MS.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
0083 in 1080p is absolutely ridiculously pretty.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I feel kinda mixed about it, but I don't hate it, I guess? I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about the way it flows bothers me a bit.

It's not 08th MS, Zeta or 0083, or even on AGE or Build Fighters' level, but it's not entirely terrible.

BlitzBlast posted:

Also wow, IBO comes out next month, huh.

gently caress One Punch Man, IBO is the autumn anime I'm most hype for.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Sep 27, 2015

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

It is a not good OP.

However,

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm hoping Biscuit gets the fat frog Gundam, actually.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm glad this thread will soon die and be reborn free of Cross Ange.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Raxivace posted:

Unless...this was your plan to begin with???!!!!

poo poo.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Unicorn is good.

Weren't we supposed to be getting a new Gundam thread?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
AGE generally had some pretty great mech design. The Genoace and Clanche are great, and the Spallow is one of the rare non-terrible Gundam designs. The Titus was pretty cool, too.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The entirety of G-Reco is rushed, it's hardly exclusive to the ending! :v:

(G-Reco was not very good.)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I marathon rewatched G-Reco after it aired and it still had paper-thin characters and a nonsensical plot pacing. It needed another cours' worth of episodes to be able to explore the characters in more depth and not have to just fast-forward through everything. It's Bad Gundam, even though it's very pretty and has some of the best MS design ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'd be super happy if Orga survives the whole show.

• Locked thread