Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Kelfeftaf posted:

Crowder was fired by Fox News because he said that Hannity lets liberals bully him on his program.

He clarified this statement after being fired by saying that Hannity is just too nice of a guy and feels like he has to play by the rules when he interviews people.

Source? This is just unreal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

What's a supply sider?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Edible Hat posted:

The Republican establishment:
1) Supply-siders
2) Neocons
3) Bible thumpers
4) Racists (aka "not-racists")

The Republican base:
1) Bible thumpers
2) Racists
3) Supply-siders
4) Neocons

That's literally the best summary of Republican voters I've ever seen, it should literally be included in 3rd week of Modern American Politics 101. If I made it a little more PC I'd say it's mostly Neocons, Religious Right and Supply-Siders.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Why hasn't Al Franken run for president?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Where do I buy this?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

How the hell is Laura Ingraham popular in the first place? I'm surprised there's room for another right-wing blowhard in conservative radio.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

How crowder manages to make even 50k/y astonishes me... I wonder how much O'Keefe pulls.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

TMZ does investigative journalism? I thought it was just a lovely tabloid.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Nintendo Kid posted:

It's just like any mainstream newspaper or magazine. Most of the content is bullshit or routine stories, and often enough a good journalist is attached and puts out something really good.

Umm,

The slogan of TMZ is Celebrity Gossip, Entertainment News, etc...

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Nintendo Kid posted:

And? You ever look at mainstream magazines and newspapers these days buddy?

Yes, I read the New York Times, In-Forum, Gawker, etc on nearly a daily basis.

TMZ is lovely tabloid. Sure, they might have a few things but it's pretty obvious their primary focus is celebrity gossip.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

What's with the dislike towards Elizabeth Warren?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

loquacius posted:

I've actually heard that Big Tobacco is waiting in the wings to fill the legal-marijuana void as soon as this becomes nationally feasible. Which would suck. I'm hoping we end up with something more like the craft-beer scene.

No,

Marijuana is much easier to produce than Tobacco and there are companies already producing marijuana that have experience and might even have a patent or two.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Do have an actual example?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Heh, I see where you're coming from now and looking at the whole Canadian shooting I find it interesting that so many people are jumping onto his religious belief as opposed to his criminal history and drug abuse.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

What's the short version why Harris and Hitchens suck?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Where did Hitchens say he supported the war? And I don't see any racism coming from Harris...

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ninjasaurus posted:

I'm just saying he's small potatoes and why does anyone even care about him enough (or at all) to get this angry?

He's not small potatoes and he makes us all (liberals, progressives, etc) look terrible.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Where does O'Keefe get the money to do what he does? Or it just daddy's money?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

No he doesn't. No one I know cites him for anything and I travel in highly liberal circles. When people say "liberals do the same thing!" and cite people like Maddow, Obermann and, poo poo, I don't know...Ed Shcultz or Stephanie Miller as examples, the differences becomes palpable because nobody I can think of - none of my hard left leaning friends - ever come up to me and ask me if I watched Maher or FW:FW:FW: links from Buzzfeed to me or anything like that. We don't get our news and our marching orders from these sources or let it dictate how we think.

The right does this and it's demonstrable and provable. I think that's the difference and what I think people are referring to when they say "Bill Maher is small potatoes".

Let's talk for 5 pages about Micheal Moore now and how he's just like Dinesh D'Souza

You're going to have Micheal Moore, Obermann referenced much more than Maher but he's still a dick. I can't stand Micheal Moore, the way he presents anything is just mind grating.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

loquacius posted:

The person I used to hear referenced as a left-wing Limbaugh most often apart from Moore was Al Franken, but he's a Senator now which has kind of tempered his shock-jock status.

Yea, he's not so much a political-pundit any longer but even when he was he never came across so grating, rude or disrespectful like Maher.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Is there a way to find out who's funding O'Keefe or his organization(s)?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

This is beautiful

Young Americans Foundation is hosting a reagan-a-thon

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/Young-Americas-Foundation

Great comments :)

The same organization that did this Young Americans for Freedom to Dump French Wine in Gutter at French Consulates in LA, New York

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

What's the tldr version of what's going on in Houston?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

If Hilary gets the nomination and runs I don't if I should laugh or cry...

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Warcabbit posted:

The zeitgeist of the various media streams is really pushing Jeb this week.

Jeb vs. Hilary

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

You never answered my question, who would you rather see the Democrats run than Hillary?

Al Franken.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

So, what's the deal with discussing liberal media moguls? Is it or is it not allowed in the thread?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ok,

I sort of get the flak that Maher's getting for his stance on Islam but I'm not so sure regarding Harris.

Harris's position - from what I understand - is there's a double-standard when it comes to Christianity and Islam in the United States and it's a big problem when a large portion of your religious followers feels that it's acceptable to kill non-believers, violence against women, etc...

Why the Harris hate?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

I thought all the Neo-cons gave up after Bush essentially showed them their ideas don't work in reality.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

How old was he?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Does crowder have a temper tantrum when you call him out like Hannity does?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

I was getting at more when Hannity's called out on his bs by guest and twitter he's literally upset. Not just angry but literally holds grudges, etc

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

As much as I love Bill Hicks, were he alive today he would be assuring us that never in the history of skyscrapers has a steel building been brought down by fire. Die a hero who occasionally hung out with Alex Jones or live long enough to see yourself etc etc.

He actually hung out with Alex Jones? Ugh...

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Yea, there are machines taking over plenty of positions but the idea that's due to unions isn't necessarily the only reason as conservatives would like to believe.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Nonsense posted:

Republicans have made Texas the most job producing state in the history of the nation.

At the cost of what exactly? A State that has very lax rules regarding employee rights and very little corporate oversight?

I spent a few minutes trying to find this but I know a few years back Perry in an ad called out California and told their businesses to come to Texas. I think the LA Times had a enormous article regarding excruciatingly lax laws for employers, pollution, etc

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

For the senators that won election, are they all hard-right so that they couldn't ever be used for the swing vote? Will they always toe the party line?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Speaking on Kansas, I'm saddened Brownbeck lost. The State is just screwing itself over, more and more...

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

joeburz posted:

But Brownback won..?

Whoops, he did my bad.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Kansas is loving hilarious. Look at everything that's happened there because of Brownback and realize that, in their voters minds, all of that is balanced out by "yeah but this guy is a Democrat".

Brownbeck fought like hell to keep his seat because his policies have done so much damage to the state. Lifelong Republicans switch sides just to get out before their state has been ruined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Kenzie posted:

A while ago I noticed that this guy has been spending a lot of time arguing with people in the youtube comment sections for Russell Brand's videos. :allears:

Link?