Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Cardboard Box posted:

Yeah there's some really weird stuff. The most annoying for me personally is that the scroll wheel is ALWAYS mapped to next/previous grenade, even if you map it to next/previous weapon in the keybindings. You switch your grenade and weapon at the same time. :doh:
It's also annoying how I re-mapped vehicle controls to ESDF and the hints for the glider say that I've done so, except to actually turn I have to use A and D.

I'm hoping it will be easily patched shortly cause goddamn is it annoying.

Also have you guys tried changing your FOV? I put mine up to 80 and the UI is smaller, however now the minimap is in a weird rescaled size that makes the circle look more like a smaller oval.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Cardboard Box posted:

That's strange. I just tried mine at the opposite extremes (55 an 110) and didn't notice a UI change. I've been playing at 90.
Well I reloaded my game and didn't notice it this morning, maybe it was because I changed it while I was in-game.

gibbed posted:

I think they've done something like Scaleform and implemented something based on Flash, but it's not Scaleform. This is just from an initial glance.
Guess they're running a custom framework for their engine, you could probably decrypt it but it'd be kinda useless.

If only there were an easy way to find out the dev-flags they use because there has to be one that turns off the UI because you need them for marketing screenshots.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

gibbed posted:

Far Cry 2 had something similar called 'Magma', but Far Cry 3 seems to have something different, I haven't identified its name yet, but it has a file extension of .feu.
That could just be their specific extension that basically is a re-encoding of a flash .swf file into something their engine can interpret.

Problem is even if you convert it back into a SWF modifying that at all would be hard, there are flash decompilers but they don't always work that well.

Like I said you'd be better served digging through some code to see if you can find if there are any flags you can trigger through other means.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

gibbed posted:

I haven't found that particularily hard.
Really? I guess I haven't looked around in a while but last time I tried to use one for work when we didn't have the original .FLA around ended up in a FLA that was a mess of layers and items in the library.

I know you'll find more poo poo out tho gibbed and we'll soon be able to turn off some of the more annoying UI elements.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Reciprocator posted:

Does the AI still come running right toward you if you fire a weapon?
No, though I have found if you miss killing someone with a headshot with a silenced weapon, say a pistol, that person will be alerted to you and if you're nearby come looking. If you're not they'll trigger their alarms.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

GMG isn't selling FC3 in the United States.
Unless of course you happened to buy it months ago when they weren't making that restriction. Which is how I got it and have been playing it since yesterday, despite living in the US.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Anyone know where the island region is supposed to be? The other guys on your side keep saying Kia ora, which I learned from visiting New Zealand is Maori for "hi", which makes me want to say that it has to be somewhere around NZ, but has anyone seen anything more concrete?

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Attention Horse posted:

Is it possible to unlock P416, ACE and other missing weapons in singleplayer? I know they're in MP and COOP, but they're not even on the list in SP.
Yes, you can get more guns than are originally visible for each category of gun-type.

Goddamnit e:f,b

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Budget Dracula posted:

Is there weapon degradation in the game? In FC2 you could pick up enemies weapons and even find some random ones but they would be in terrible condition pressuring you to buy your own with the diamond caches.
Not that I've ever seen.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

jerkstore77 posted:

At the beginning of the game, when you open the map and see various icons in undiscovered spots, is that only Island 1? I think I'm underestimating the size of the game world.
Yeah, use the mouse-wheel to scroll out on the map and you'll see it's rather large. Still think it's smaller than JC2's but I could be mistaken.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

I will say that I really, really like dicking around in FC3.

I'll also say that this is the first game in a very long while that actually gives me a bit of a headache because of the way they handle all of the first-person interaction stuff.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Attention Horse posted:

I think there's a new patch out, Uplay is downloading an update.

Nothing interesting.
Goddamn I was hoping it fixes the issue with rebinding controls that don't actually rebind, like glider controls.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Pattie posted:

Did you also change the vehicle keymappings?
Doesn't matter, and what's even crazier is some of the keybinds keep your newly updated bindings and others don't.

Example. I rebound movement and vehicle to ESDF, enter vehicles/interact is W.

If I get into a hang-glider it will tell me I can direct it with ESDF and get in and out with W. However to actually turn it I can only use AD, if I hit S nothing seems to happen. But if I hit W to try to make it angle up, I will instead exit the hang-glider and plummet to my death.

It was fun the first time I had it happen and since then I've just gotten in hang-gliders and turned left or right in circles for however long I needed until I'm over my target and can land safely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Morter posted:

I'm going to cryptically whisper "Topsy!" right before I stealth stab everyone. :arghfist::qq:
Hahaha, now I'm going to want to play the Topsy song while I'm playing FC4.

• Locked thread