Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Anyone else having an issue all of a sudden with Swapnote? It decided it didn't want to work for me anymore as of a few hours ago, and I'm getting Error Code: 004-6007 (can not connect to the internet). Everything else (eShop, Online Multiplayer, Friend's List) works fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Kilazar posted:

gah, I can't hit that at work either. This needs to get posted on youtube asap. I will die if I have to wait until 6pm to watch this! Literally die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSXyo0z6LKA

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I have a 16GB card in my 3DS, and I currently have 58,651 blocks available with 64 total items downloaded. The Ambassador games don't take up much room, and neither do the other Virtual Console and 3D Classics.

I do also have the digital versions of these games:

Luigi's Mansion (6,745 blocks)
Fire Emblem Awakening (8,577)
LoZ:OoT (3,644)
BIT.TRIP SAGA (2,321)
Paper Mario (4,199)
Layton & the Miracle Mask (6,323)
NSMB 2(2,725)

The eShop titles are all over the place. Some are over 1,000 blocks, others are barely 200.

I like to spread my play time around on the 3DS, and having the digital versions makes it a bit easier. I don't have to carry a bunch of game cards around with me.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

So, I currently have enough money in my eShop account for one game that is $29.99. I am thinking about either Code of Princess or Lego City Undercover.

What are your suggestions?

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

homeless snail posted:

What do you have already? $30 is an assload of money on the eShop really. You can pick up all the Guild01 games and still have a decent chunk of change left over to get a couple of VC things or Sakura Samurai or something. Or you can get all of the DSiWare games that are actually worth playing, everyone needs a copy of Digidrive.

I have a poo poo ton of eShop/DSiWare games already. I have extra money set aside for more eShop games. I already have Crimson Shroud, and I want to get Liberation Maiden while it's on sale. I just have the money for a $30 title set aside for a new "full" game. Anyway, I let a few of my friends talk me into Code of Princess.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

1. Animal Crossing: Wild World - 123:17
2. Swapnote - 65:53 (Most of that was recently - drat YOU GOONS AND YOUR 3D DICKS)
3. Mario Kart 7 - 31:13
4. eShop - 25:33 (:psyduck:)
5. Internet Browser - 24:46
6. Netflix - 24:37
7. Super Mario 3D Land - 23:08
8. Theatrhythm - 22:02
9. Mii Plaza - 22:01
10. New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 20:38

I have 307:23 total play time on my system, with 177 titles played. Most of my numbers are between 15:00 and 20:00 because I have too many drat games, but if these numbers are anything to go by, I am going to be in a hell of a lot of trouble when Animal Crossing New Leaf comes out in a month.

As for steps taken:

Canned Panda fucked around with this message at 20:50 on May 3, 2013

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Black/White have almost 0 of the original 151 pokemon anywhere to be captured. Its entirely new, stupid pokemon with awful, awful designs that I loathe.

You can catch the older generation pokemon after you beat the game.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

So, Nintendo shutdown the SpotPass feature on Swapnote/Letter Box, because people were sending offensive stuff.

God drat it Mike!

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Pyrovile posted:

Likewise I'll continue to hope for a localisation of that Chibi Robo eShop game and then "it will be available on the eShop, right now".

A man can dream.

That would be the best possible outcome.

Or they finally give us Miiverse, which would make Swapnote useless anyway...

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

FUCKfuckfuckfuckfuck... COMBINED ACCOUNTS!!

MIIVERSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Guys, Jett Rocket 2 will be out when the Direct finishes!

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Double Post

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Pyrovile posted:

Also they said that getting a Network ID isn't mandatory on 3DS to buy new games so it doesn't sound like the kind of account system people actually want on the system.

No, but it is a huge step in the right direction, especially with Miiverse

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

PonchAxis posted:

Goddammit Nintendo.

It does make it possible though.

Baby steps.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I just got paid, and it's very tempting to go out and buy the Zelda 3Ds XL.

Of course, my wife would probably not like the fact that we couldn't pay some bills... but who needs water?

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Pope Guilty posted:

The download animation is a progress bar.

Using Download Later will give you an actual percentage too.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I have a feeling this might take a while

EDIT: Actually, not bad!

They updated how you activate the camera from the home screen.

Canned Panda fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Dec 10, 2013

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I like how everyone complaining about Nintendo's eShop servers getting overloaded on Christmas seems to have forgotten the major problems that other the companies have had that were way worse than a few days of problems. Like when Xbox Live (that wonderful paid service) went down for 11 days. Or when Sony got hacked and had to take the PSN down for 24 days.

Not that I'm saying it's okay, mind you.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Two weeks ago, I convinced my wife that when our tax return came, I needed to get a 3DS XL. She said she was fine with it as long as I sold my regular 3DS after I transferred everything. Today, our return was deposited. I went to the local small video game store to see if they had any used XLs, but no luck. As I was walking out, I passed their case where they keep the new systems. They had two new XLs. One was the Mario & Luigi system, but I bought the other one.

I'm sitting here watching the pikmin carry all of my data.

This system is sexy.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

GreenBuckanneer posted:

How did you get a tax return today? When did you file?

January 28

vulturesrow posted:

How much is Gamestop, et al, giving for a 3DS?

The local game store said $75 in credit.

Canned Panda fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Feb 7, 2014

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Davincie posted:

Question of my own: Are DS games region locked if I play them on the 3DS XL?

No, they are not. Only the 3DS games are.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

My Zelda 3DS XL is acting up... the top screen isn't working properly. I set up a repair on it, and the guy I talked to on the phone said that he put a note on the account that they can't send me a different system, and I will only take a refurb if it is a Zelda XL.

I'm still really nervous about sending it in though.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Who can translate this?

This is at the bottom of the Nintendo page showing off all of the announced faceplates.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/new/kisekae/index.html

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

The plates are only compatible with the regular New 3DS, not the LL

Looks like I'm going back to the standard size 3DS then when this new one hits. That's fine, the XL is nice to have with the larger screens, but it doesn't pocket as easily as the 3DS.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

ookiimarukochan posted:

Nope - I believe it's the first retail 3DS game to be 100% 2D only - and I see absolutely no reason why. The texture work in particular is shockingly poor.

Cubic Ninja didn't have 3D. Came out for the 3DS way back in 2011.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I bought that game for $2.99 about a month ago.

Looks like I'm good to go.

EDIT: I have no problem sending this game off to someone else after I make use of it myself... just if you can't fine it easily enough. And you live in the US.

Canned Panda fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Nov 18, 2014

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

From what I have seen, this is something that would have to be patched in game, since you have to load the game and go into the level editor to trigger it. (It doesn't instal anything on the 3DS, you have to do this each time you want to use it).

And the developers folded back in 2011, so they can't really patch the game.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

greatn posted:

Why would you even go to all this trouble for lovely homebrew apps?

I'm just in it for the emulators.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Fryhtaning posted:

In any case, it's not hurting me to wait. We have til June or whenever to claim rewards. We'll know in a month or so what the Gold/Plat rewards will be.

I'm hoping for something good!!

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Anyone know how to do this? I couldn't find anything in the manual.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Just FYI, Plex works on the browser on the New 3DS.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

Yo how do you turn off this stupid auto-brightness?

Go into the home menu settings. It's right there.

EFB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

RC Cola posted:

I bought a new 3ds. Someone please recommend some games for me to play. Action, adventure, RPGs. I have Pokemon x, sapphire, Lego pirates of the Caribbean, and fire emblem so far.
Does monster hunter 4 seem like an any person game, or is it something you need to have the right mentality for?
How about kid Icarus?
Are there any games similar to final fantasy?

Fantasy Life
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
Tales of the Abyss
Super Mario 3D Land

And if you're a big Final Fantasy fan, and don't dislike rhythm games, give Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call a try. (there is a demo available on the eShop)

• Locked thread