Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

I'll probably double dip for a console port, just because I want to support ConcernedApe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Stuff like Topaz and Aquamarine and stuff are just meant to be donated at the museum right? I don't need to horde them, I can just sell and gift them?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Me @ Clint: Dude just talk to her about crystals she loving loves crystals she's one of those new age hippie chicks

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

I certainly did.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Penny is really nice, supportive, still teaches the kids, sometimes makes you breakfast, waters my Iridium watered plants.

She's trying to wash all the dangerous chemicals that come from iridium off the plants.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

If you don't marry Maru she ends up developing weapons of mass destruction that help the Ferngill Republic bring a swift end to the war with the Gotoro Empire.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

I figure multiplayer will either just be minigames (like the various festivals) or collaborative dungeon diving.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Nope, so far it's just been "it will be a feature."

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

What's wrong with Starbound multiplayer

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Oh, ok.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Do you get anything for collecting all the Rarecrows because I'm pretty sure one of mine was destroyed by a spawning rock or stick or something.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

I did the math and I'm gonna be one point short on my farm evaluation :negative:

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

The dog got ignored for a year and a half and I'm afraid it's too late to make amends. Maybe I'll get real lucky and between Krobus and the traveling merchant I'll be able to finish off the aquarium. Or maybe I'll step up brewing production and try to make a million before winter is over.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

MrSlam posted:

I felt guilty the first time I encountered a slime. It was a cute little green thing and I had to let it attack me first before I splattered its insides across the floor.

I think the best way to expand Stardew is with the characters. Expanding dialogue, having more heart scenes and quests, that sort of thing. There's a lot of potential there with Krobus, the Adventurer's Guild, and the Wizard.

But aside from 'Bring X Crop to Y Person' or 'Kill X amount of Y' I'm not sure how to expand what's already there without upping the scope.

I think you could craft narratives around the mail requests. Marnie and Jodie both have "hey can you bring me X?" that lead to cutscenes, so more stuff like that would help. Like, maybe Gus asks you for a tomato, and after you bring it to him the next time you enter the saloon at night you get a scene where he's letting some of the townsfolk try a new dish he made with the tomato, but it turns out to be really awful. So the next day, he sends you another request for a different ingredient, and you get another cutscene, and you have a quest chain like this that ends with him adding a new dish to his menu and giving you the recipe for it. Or maybe you have Lewis ask you for wine, then for cheese, then for strawberries, and so forth, and it unlocks a cutscene where the other townsfolk stumble on he and Marnie having a romantic evening and he's forced to man up and start publicly dating her.

Maybe Vincent and Jas ask you for stuff so they can make a gift for Penny.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

He's marrying fellow refugee from another game, Lucca from Chrono Trigger.

What about Fabio from Wizards and Warriors 3

Anyway, managed to get a four candle evaluation. Unfortunately, the scramble through winter 2 to make a million bucks sort of... puts a damper on playing any more. Especially with the cycle back to spring, where, it's like, none of the crops are worth poo poo (and even in Summer/Fall they still won't compare to the starfruit wine industry I got going on), and while I wanted to play until I finished the community center, neither Krobus or the Merchant had any of the fish I needed for like half of winter, so in year 3 I'd probably just literally sleep through the days until Wednesday/Friday/Sunday. I guess it's time to shelf it until 1.1 comes out.

TurnipFritter fucked around with this message at 13:06 on May 21, 2016

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

ConcernedApe didn't even like Pierre enough to finish coloring his hair.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Wait what are we going to make sugar out of? I mean I guess you could just use any generically sweet fruit but it'd be cool to have stuff like sugar cane.

Corn and/or beets.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Starfruit, Hops and Cranberries. You might as well plant a patch of pumpkins if you want, even if you're just gonna use them as gifts for the wife.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

There are like... three Clint events that are about him wanting to hook up with Emily.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Alex and Haley seem fine as a couple, except for the part where he's obviously gay.

Sebastian and Sam seem more like a couple than Seb/Abby or Sam/Penny, but that comes across as weird because Sebastian's events suggest he's post-college aged while Sam reads as someone fresh out of still in high school.

But yeah, I wouldn't mind if 1.1 had more of the characters interacting together. Like, scenes where Elliot and Leah actually talk to each other, or something.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Tenebrais posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when I looked through the characters' schedules a while back, all the pairings meet up at least once a week until you get one of them to four hearts, then they stop doing so. So Sam hangs out with Penny, and Elliot joins Leah at the pub. Only exception is Maru and Harvey who work together anyway.

I know after a certain point, Haley was all like "Tell Alex I'm busy today," but I didn't see any of the other pairs do that.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Red_Fred posted:

I'm confused about kegging. I have a barn with a bunch of kegs in it and one keg outside to show when they are ready. Often the keg outside is out of sync with the kegs inside even though they were loaded within the same game hour. Doesn't being in the barn change how long they take?

Also does the ingredient you put in the keg affect how long it takes to produce? It seems like it but I can't find anything that actually confirms this.

Yeah, Wines (fruit) take the longest, then juices (veggies), then pale ale and beer. If you're asking if there's a difference in time between, say, strawberry wine and blueberry wine, I dunno.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

That's realistic cat behavior.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Zephyrine posted:

You can't marry him! He lives in a shack and writes poetry! He has no prospects what so ever.

That's funny because it sounds like he's caught the eye of the wealthiest landowner in Stardew Valley

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Haskell9 posted:

I just noticed that Joja Mart is open during festivals even if you closed it down.

It's a Joja-mas Miracle!

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

counterfeitsaint posted:

That's not half as upsetting as the "FOR GIRLS ONLY: I need a [random vegetable] you know what it's for..." quest.

God drat Haley, a loving artichoke?

It... could be worse.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Suspicious Dish posted:

is it possible to make fishing not suck

Download the easy fishing patch.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Nothing has changed yet, but version 1.1 is in development:

quote:

More late-game content
New farm buildings
New crops
New artisan goods
New advanced farming/producing mechanics
Shane and Emily will be marriage candidates. They will also have more events and dialogue as a result.
More marriage content for all spouses
More events for the non-marriage NPC’s
Improvements/Additions to mining and combat
Ability to move buildings and other convenience features
More bug fixes
More secrets
More small, fun touches to the world
(note: anything in this list is subject to change)

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

I bought all the fish I needed for bundles from the traveling salesperson and Krobus, because fishing is pretty rough on my laptop even with the easiest fishing patch.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

1.1 will probably launch on September 20th, but that's mostly just because I believe the universe is already trying to spite me with that Dragon Quest 7 3DS/Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse/Final Fantasy XV combo.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1COByJt4WXw
(I love this because it's a minute long trailer that says "This is a JRPG")

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Emily: Hippie stoned out of her gourd
Shane: Literally attempts suicide

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

I hope there's a friendly fire option.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Poil posted:

I wonder if any of the new farm setups will be worth using. Not worth as in as profitable as goon sperg farming but enough to be worth all the inconvenience of getting your buildings blocked by crap.

The fishing map looks like hardmode, to be honest, but it kinda sounds like the monster map is the normal one, but with monsters at night, so that one should be fine.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Poil posted:

Just what I always wanted, more geodes. Not like I already have a ton of them and it takes forever for Clint to smash them. Still, it's a nice thing. :)

More geodes from the beginning of the game means you have a higher chance of getting stuff for the musuem, meaning you can get Iridium Sprinklers sooner. That's something.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Thor-Stryker posted:

That my friend, is the Upside-Down. You'll need a substantial amount of energy... that is, more than humans are capable of currently creating, to create a portal that'll let you get to the other side. Let me tell you a tale about the Flea and the Acrobat....
/

(Even if Maru is The Science One)

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

In 1.1 you can buy Eggos from Joja Mart. It's a loved item for Jas.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

I just realized that it's called "Cranberry Candy" because "Cranapple Juice" is a trademark.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Only Yoba is real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

GunnerJ posted:

Will the patch make old saves incompatible? I'd been banking a bit on being able to pick up with an old game when it comes out.

Old saves are supposed to be compatible, everything should be available except for the new farm layouts, which you'll have to start a new game to access.