Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

Pre-fab cabinetry. But they could have removed the knobs and filled the holes with something to make it less obvious.

My condo has an unusable cabinet door tucked away beside our stove as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
I scrolled down just enough for the cursor gif to mess with my peripheral vision, which caused me to do a double take. Well done.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

Cakefool posted:

I want to do this so hard but it would get me fired. Maybe a shaving foam version?

You'd get fired for making a loud noise, but not for causing a giant mess and/or ruining your victims pants/skirt or shoes?

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

DrBouvenstein posted:

This is the dog equivalent of that nerdy kid in gym class who just shoves his glove out in front of his face when the ball is thrown to him.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

Zelder posted:

How have you never heard that joke? I refuse to believe there are that many people in this thread who didn't go to middle/high school. Hey, anyone want to join the Pen 15 club?

When I was in middle/high school there was no such thing as google image search (not even when I was in college). When google came around, and you wanted to find an image, you had to click on websites and scour the content for photos like a goddamn cave man.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

I watched Rain Man yesterday so I immediately got the joke :smug:

And before somebody goonsay's me, yes, I realize it's originally an Abbott and Costello bit, and it's not a Rain Man reference

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
Just chiming in to defend Clamato. A little bit of Clamato in some cheap light beer is the perfect summer drink :canada: :colbert:

There's actually less than 0.01% clam broth in Clamato, so it doesn't taste clammy, fishy, or sea-foody at all. Not even a little bit. It's just sort of tangy. But if you aren't a fan of tomato juice or V8 to begin with, I can see how it would not be very appealing.

That said, I've never had any of the pre-mixed clamato + beer drinks. Have always mixed it myself.

Picnic Princess posted:

my husband and I sometimes mix Clamato, cheap beer, and Tabasco on our movie and pizza nights. I really like it :smith:

:hf:

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
Font choice isn't just a simple matter of looks good/looks bad. It represents your entire brand, and if you are just as generic as Jill's Daycare down the road, you risk diluting your brand. It's the same reason why it was so loving insane when Ikea decided to switch from their own custom typeface to goddamn Verdana for all of their catalogs and in-store signage. :wtc:

That said, I agree that a few of those comic sans logos look decent and I probably wouldn't have noticed it was comic sans right away if I wasn't told beforehand.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

RCarr posted:

I feel like you have to be really god drat anal to even notice what font a logo is in, never mind getting to the point where you are upset about it.

Marketing and branding is successful when you don't notice it :ssh:

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
Farley's character is unknowingly taking part in a hidden camera commercial where they swap his coffee with decaf. He flips out and starts destroying everything, beating everyone up.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

Nativity In Black posted:

A friend of mine found the text of this when we were in college. Every recipe is pretty much "Take existing recipe and add semen." I guess I don't know what we expected. We still laughed for hours.

Yeah I will second this; I was quite disappointed. Does anyone know of any recipe books where they put the semen front and center? Perhaps with wine pairings.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

I wanted to get this for a friend, but it's $70 :negative:

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
So you see two guys having oral sex and you instantly assume they're gay?

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
Or you know, you can just put them in your oven on broil so you don't get cheese all inside your toaster, ruining it.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

It also looks like you have a Sex Party

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
They're very clearly CG bees if you've seen the movie. which you should

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
Modern plumbing and sewage is really great.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
It's a tough situation because while bigotry is obviously wrong, discriminating against somebody's religious beliefs (and losing your job because you voiced them) is also kinda lovely. Even if you and most of civilized society is shifting towards the opposite beliefs, I feel like the old saying "I don't agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it" might apply here. Censorship can be just as damaging to a society as bigotry.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I immediately regret careposting in the PYF pics thread. Please probate me

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

theflyingorc posted:

Not really. Graphical tech has slowed down an insane amount.

Only because developers were stuck on gaming hardware from 2005 for the past several years. Expect it to really pick up in the next year again.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

This happens in every city that hosts the olympics, doesn't it?

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
he actually looks like a cross between aaron paul and ulillillia

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
Clever, but not a real ad.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
Yes let me just smoke over a quarter kilo of pot. No Big Deal.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

Username post combo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
It's probably a joke :ssh:

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
the letters spell out prick and twat

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
It also just looks a little like off-model illustration. Like how you go back and watch the first season of a show after it's been airing for five. Everything just looks weird and shoddy.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

Krowley posted:

Because that's probably where said goons get their precious snacks. It is hallowed ground.

Edit: a pic that may or may not be from this very same thread

I had this printer. The ink lasted a good 4 years without needing replacement. A Good Printer

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

The image is flipped. This is the real version

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

Picnic Princess posted:

We got these in at work. Has anyone had them? Is the box just a practical joke?

It's not a joke, the box contains both flavors for each color so you can't tell what one you're gonna get. Jellybean Russian roulette. The toothpaste one is actually yummy though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
I read a thing about how those lovely drawn ads actually attract more clicks from dumb people, because it subconsciously makes people believe that the company behind it is more "down to earth" or "indie" than a big fancy glossy ad would indicate. There's actually a bunch of research behind this. They did A/B testing and found that their click conversions went through the roof when they switched to lovely cartoon ads.

• Locked thread