Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
I was at the recording and it was even more of a clusterfuck in person than it plays on the podcast.

Jeff looked legitimately ready to kill Erin. Did not play like a bit at all. And Dan was alternating between laughing at it and getting angry at the Yarl the whole time. He was really, really drunk.

EnsGDT fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Aug 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Arstan posted:

So, who here is going to volunteer to berate Dan for not posting in this thread, next week? It's like he doesn't even realize we're locking down Season 7 for him!

I can yell at him on facebook if you want. Don't think it'll do any good though.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Has Jeff always been young Greg Proops (that's not a bad thing) or is this a gradual thing?

They tour together fairly often, doesn't surprise me that he's picking up some stuff haha

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Kurt Sutter could be fun

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

I met Adam at a mixer before he was storming the stage at Harmontown and he is definitely a weird dude in person. He's definitely smart, he's just a huge loving sperger.

I think I have his business card around here somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Isn't he Dan's assistant now?

Yup

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I almost feel like Dan is pulling a prank on Jeff when it comes to D&D. Every week he ruins it in some way.

I feel as though ever since they started their home game, the need to play at Harmontown has been strongly diminished.

Honestly, for my D&D I've switched over to Drunks and Dragons.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

ireladd posted:

For me the funniest D&D segment would either have to be when Dan got stomped on and killed for being an rear end in a top hat to the frost giant leader (even though it has Erin insufferably trying to convince the party to put on a show, much to Jeff's annoyance) or the episode the next week when Erin isn't there and they decide to put on the biggest spectacle of a show they can think of to spite Erin.

I was at that first one and it was wonderful.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Illinois Smith posted:

I'm up to the start of the tour, please tell me Erin's character dies a horrible death at some point.

Adventure!

Actually wait until Pittsburgh. Part of everyone dies that day.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Someone should tell him to just go hang out at the Drawing Room. He'll get all of them he can handle.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Harmontown was a poo poo show tonight and it was amazing. Absolute cluster gently caress.

The whole crew was at the Renaissance Festival all day. Dan is really drunk and really high through the entire show. He tries and utterly fails to pitch his own religion, amongst other things.

Absolute must listen.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Also I'm not sure you guys have fully appreciated how god drat loving drunk and high he was.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Adam next time you bring your laptop to the show, record the entire show and then upload it as a harmontown bootleg.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Golden Bee posted:

That would've been cool a year ago, but ever since the tour they don't cut anything unless it's literally a legal matter. The bootleg would be 20 seconds of the audience WOOing as Jeff enters the stage and 30 seconds of Xanadu over chairs moving around.

Thank you for explaining the joke haha

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

HanzoSchmanzo posted:

Once you give a bunch of nerds the sort platform that comes with being the in-group, you quickly realize that there is a very thin line between persecuted and persecutor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_prison_experiment

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

joedevola posted:

Is the live video feed cached anywhere? I have the audio, but it'd be nice to see an entire live show.

http://beta.harmontown.com/harmontown-2014-08-21/

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Yeah I don't know what you guys are talking about, Dino is a perfect fit for Dan because they don't put up with each other's bullshit, and aren't the employee of the other.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

KoRMaK posted:

I'm still adjusting his voice to his face. They don't seem to match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Aa8t8BU9Y

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Cerepol posted:

Also I do enjoy whenever Schrab is on the show.

"When does the podcast start," drat near killed me while I was driving.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

caligulamprey posted:

I love old timey Hollywood poo poo. Gilbert makes me so happy inside.

If you've never heard him on the Stern show, he's a legit maniac.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdbElWMnkyY

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

As an LA commercial coordinator, a PA like that would piss me offffffffff.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Toxxupation posted:

Well yeah but you're so la

Totes.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Brocktoon posted:

Why is last night's LA episode up before Chicago?

Probably editing out Dino's casual racism

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

I dunno...lately Spencer has been grating on me. I think he's hilarious in D&D, or when he's busting Dan's balls about something, but when he comes to the stage and immediately starts into a bit that's him yelling about something and look how stoned I am, gently caress it, I'm done.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Inkspot posted:

He is Dan Harmon's protégée.

This is an excellent point. Truly the student has become the douchebag.

This is the frustrating thing. Harmon isn't just a blowhard. He's the first guy on stage to feel badly if someone from the audience is being made to feel mocked. He's the kid that got picked on mercilessly that had to grow a thick skin over his gooey emotional inside bits. Coming on stage and being outraged alone isn't being Dan Harmon. That's Dino. Coming on stage and baring what you feel is Dan Harmon. Even if he's a total baby about it sometimes. That's why guys like Kumail and Jeff are the perfect balancing act to him.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

SHUT UP DAD

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Can we talk about how Meltdown needs a live organist at all times?

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Is Jeff back? Oh thank heavenly sweet gently caress.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Golden Bee posted:

I always wondered how many Harmontowns someone could listen to in a week. Back when they'd release out of town eps (on tour 1 or the small tour 2), I fonud one was enough for a week+. But people always tell me they listened to the whole back catalog in a few weeks and it seems insane.

I did this to catch up to them going on tour and it was fun while I was stuck in traffic in LA

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Zsinjeh posted:

vocal minority

If there's anything I've learned in the last few pages of this thread, it's that you do not want to be in the vocal minority.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Irish Joe posted:

I've never seen Goldberg. Does he look as awkward in real life as he comes across on the radio?

More so

Love you Adam

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

I mean, Id rather Kumail was there too, but I think part of why Shadowrun works well is mercenaries can jump in and out of runs, which kinda frees them up for guests to come and go.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

dystopian urban landscape.

I mean they all live in Los Feliz

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

The recording is posted on my Podcast Addict feed. Just downloaded it.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

KoRMaK posted:

You are the gary busey of this thread

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Tuxedo Jack posted:

I guess I'm missing the joke. Was this previously discussed? Or mentioned in the latest podcast? I'm an audio only guy, this week's isn't up on Podkicker yet.

What sort of guy are you?

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Old Boot posted:

There's only one guy who did this right and none of you are in the running.

What are some other correctly done things?

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Is there a link?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Erin plays better in person, when you can see her facial expressions and how excited she always is. So kinda how the video feed works.