Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The ant visual makes it look like Tsukasa is serving them an ant hill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Xelkelvos posted:

I really hope we get a good long period of stories where [This is a Cooking Manga] has to be put up all the time.

Have [This is a Cooking Anime] be the subtitle for the anime when it gets there.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So who's going to be one that gives into temptation and goes down the path of a DARK CHEF

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I hope we get poo poo like DARK SHOKUGEKI

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

unfortunately going by previous events in this manga megumi's probably going to lose again. sure, it is an opponent designed to make her look good and megumi is in the elite 10 now, but she's still probably going to lose so souma can win instead.

Megumi is just going to explain what hospitality really is and then hand it off to Souma to do the Shokugeki.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Argue posted:

Animechat, can someone tell me if the judges' reaction to Soma's soba dish vs Nene (ch 213 in the manga) was also a reference to a movie? Nene's was clearly The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.

Nene's is still The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. They straight up call it The Soba That Leapt Through Time.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm a huge fan of Arctic Megumi.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fabricated posted:

I just like how they apparently have to tie up the evil chefs after defeating them. Because uh, why not. I guess they're cops now and can physically detain people

I hope there is a chef jail for the culinary criminals, since the dark chefs aren't actually breaking laws.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Evil Soma has already mastered Peanut Butter Squid. How else could he beat Jouichiro?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

TheKingofSprings posted:

Oh my god this douchebag is Raditz

Megumi is Piccolo in this situation, right?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MonsterEnvy posted:

Honestly this new stuff is entertainingly stupid.

Yeah the only thing I really hate is how similar this setup is to Tsukasa's. Soma gets challenged by the teacher after class, loses, but doesn't actually pay anything because the teacher is a dick who lost interest.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Xelkelvos posted:

You mean the one with no visible teeth?

I think it's got a cover on it.

Jesus this has got to be one of the most up and down manga arcs I have ever read.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What are the chances of Azami having found his way onto to the committee being the one behind letting the Dark Chefs compete in Blue?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I had to go back a chapter to make sure I didn't skip one. Wasn't expecting to immediately go to Blue.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fabricated posted:

Taking bets on who the BLUE leader person is. I'm guessing Souma's mom because it's the dumbest thing.

Azami

Not gonna lie was bracing myself for that reveal. I don't know why I'm expecting him to show up again.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Where is Rindou?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Elfgames posted:

his scheme was fine to me the man was just a black hole of personality

This describes my problem with the Central arc just a black hole of personality. I don't mean the villains either most of the fights were like that too.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I don't understand why couldn't Joichiro just take Saiba with him?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I thought people saying the dark chefs were Xcution were just joking.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://readms.net/r/shokugeki_no_souma/292/5545/1?mobile=1

Eh...

Kinda hosed up to skip the food.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Let's talk about the only food that showed up this chapter. Would any of you eat the meat flower?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

"But then how could he surpass the third trial?"

Why is she saying this like she wasn't the judge of the the third trial?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

TheKingofSprings posted:

Y'know what gently caress it I hope the next round of the tournament takes place in space

Put the finals on the surface of the sun even

That's Asahi's superpower.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Did we even see those Dark Chefs lose?

Also this is just Subara all over again.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's kinda funny Tsukasa got a special knife only for it to be taken away like a chapter later.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Xelkelvos posted:

A villain with this sort of power should be Mimisaka's rival not Souma's.

gently caress that make it Mimisaka, but instead of taking everyone's special cooking tools he gets copies of them so he's like Gilgamesh from Final Fantasy.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So what was up with [gruff voice]? Was that in the manga originally or did MS mess up?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So when Erina loses how is that going to work? It's obvious now the marriage is just pretense to get her God Tongue, but will Saiba's tongue just starting working better or is Erina just going to follow all his orders for stupid reasons?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

This is frustrating because I'm kinda into this plot point, but I'm kinda burned out by the Saiba so eh..

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

AtomikKrab posted:

Honestly if they had reversed the order of reveals and had erina's mom come out first and then like Siaba's bullshit is something she trained into him so he COULD steal erina's god tongue would have made this far better.

Just replace Azami with her and make her not lovely.

So instead of creepy controlling dad you have a mom who is trying way too hard to save her daughter from ending up like her.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Megumi is just going to vanish and no one will ever mention her again.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fabricated posted:

whatever happened to the juggling clown guy

I think he got owned off screen.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Next chapter is just going to open with Megumi losing and not even bothering to explain what happened.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Man not gonna give her anything. She didn't even get to say anything after.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Going to be blunt here, Saiba is a worse villian than Azami and maybe one of the worst villians I have ever seen.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I haven't kept up with the series after Asahi was introduced; does Rindou ever appear again.

No

What's hosed up is Tsukasa shows back up without Rindou.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mana is going to strip everyone...

Of their lives :twisted:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SouMa fell victim to the mysterious cough.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So is the anime not happening anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fabricated posted:

Spoilers for the next epilogue chapter are coming out.

...Saiba is apparently Erina's half-brother. lmao.

I think someone called this.

Edit: I'm dumb and read it as Souma.