Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Cowman posted:

If Nintendo finally announces the new Zelda (one that isn't a remake of Wind Waker) and a new Mario that isn't a remake or 2D NSMB style game, then the console will do a lot better.

Do people believe Super Mario 3D World is a remake of 3D Land? I never quite get that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Yeah if that 2000 Space World demo was never shown, I wonder what the reaction would've been for WW.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Monkey Fracas posted:

Don't be a fool, wait for the Wii U XL i.

"we're running outta words"
-karl pilkington

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

I think where this is going is Nintendo focusing primarily on 3DS after their next fiscal year of Wii U software is wrapped up. I think Wii U support should be considered hooked up to an iron lung at this point.

If they had only had the 3DS this year it would have been a profitable year for them. The most logical next step is to scale back from Wii U and focus on what is actually bringing in money.

So no console Metroid game, huh?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I find it surreal that Nintendo would not release a Zelda for their console.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Isn't this what people thought Sega was doing?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Just turn the Wii U into a N64/Gamecube/Wii HD port system.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Where does this put the Wii U VC? I am still waiting for N64/GC games a year later.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I don't get it, the Wii U is going to have a DS back catalog but not the 3DS?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

Yes but it doesn't matter because they're never going to actually do it.

It would be weird seeing DS games and still no N64 games.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

So I never played DKCR, does that mean it's the game for me?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

The_Frag_Man posted:

Iwata getting canned would be amazing.

I like Iwata but the fact that the Wii U has been out for almost a year and a half I still don't understand why an entire back catalog of Nintendo games aren't available at the eShop. Let me play that poo poo on the Gamepad already.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

So basically what it boils down to for the upcoming months is that Dark Souls II will keep me interested till Mario Kart 8. Yeah, it seems I won't have any problems with that.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

my NNID is: knomess

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Mario Kart Week. It's just getting started. :stare:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

NNID is knomess

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Bigass Moth posted:

I've been watching some Mario Kart 8 streams. It looks plasticy, soulless, and in typical mario kart fashion totally unfair to people who play better. System seller for sure.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Mario Kart 8 is real good and really pretty. It's a feast for the eyes if you will.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Broken Cog posted:

The two friends I have that bought MK8 called it "Just another mario kart" and didn't feel all that excited about it, so I'm not sure if it's going to be the saviour of the Wii U that people expect.

You lack friends, liar.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Then again I don't know what "just another mario kart" means. thanks for the explanation.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

what does the PS3 have to offer I ask these internet forum.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

This looks fun.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I fuckinh hate color

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

LorneReams posted:

I wanted to ask a question about the Wii U...where is the Wii U thread? Is this still it? Is there a new one?

I am going to help up out here. Please now, your question.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

heard nothing but good things from refurb Wii Us so get to it.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Snacksmaniac posted:

oh cool i just found one with mario kart outside starbucks give me your friend codes people

actuallu my nnid is knomess as goes for my steam.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Pikmin 3

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Austrian mook posted:

On an unrelated note, I found a guy who sums up my thought on E3 very well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0GcIDIGS7Q

My gaming analysis is crucial. Glad to find that someone holds the same thoughts as I do. These are my thoughts.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Nothing but positive reactions from this years E3, from Nintendo. The others? well, errr, um....

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

"Destiny Beta (lol) Testing: How Are You 'Feeling' Our Game?"

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Splatoon for next Smash. Ahh, who else could really ask for that?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

The fact is not every Xbox One and PS4 release is going to get a PC release. So you're going to have to make a choice between PS4 and Xbox One for a good number of games. For example Kingdom hearts will never get a digital release on Steam unless hell freezes over.

And you can tout the Wii-U exclusives but they didn't bother to show all the excusive Atlus/Sega games that are coming to the PS3 and PS4. Sony's primary strength has always been the second and third parties and Atlus is a pretty big one.

I am looking forward towards Personal Q.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Fulchrum posted:

Yes, if you look at people desperate to spin it for Nintendo. If not, most are saying their conference was the same goddamn poo poo, but this time while ripping off others hand over fist, and desperatly buying up the utter dregs of titles killed off last gen as a last ditch effort to say "SEE? WE HAVE THIRD PARTY SUPPORT! WE'RE STILL COOL!"

For fucks sake, the big highlight that every fan talks about from Nintendos E3 is a game that would be put in the indie trailer reel for either of the other consoles.

I am on my phone. I am not scrolling this poo poo.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

posting on my wii u via internet browser

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

kratos a well established character? Gwahaha this state of gaming and gamers alike.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

gay skull posted:

How happy is your mom that the forums are back up so she can go to Target without you tagging along, screaming at her angrily in public to buy you the latest MadCatz FightStickz™

wow that was really a stretch

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

thank you Iwata and thank you, Nintendo.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Iwata had surgery? Oh man, I hope he's alright.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

nice hair cut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Fame Douglas posted:

I'm sure it will sell just like Hot Pockets to the Wii U's enormous adult install base!

I own my own car

• Locked thread